Infant Care Centres

hi Cubbiebb,
they do allow other members of your family to visit. SOmetimes some parents are bz and can't pick up their children, so they ask their parents or siblings to pick up the bb.

However, before you do that, do introduce your family members to the staff as well, so they are familiar with everyone.

What i did was to provide photo and id numbers of our parents to the school, so that should we be not be able to pick bb up, they can check the NRIC of our parents (in case they do not recognise them).

With regards to sending a sick child to daycare/infant care, i think any responsible parent would not send their sick children to school. On the one hand, they would want to take care of the bb themselves, and monitor them. And on the other hand, it is really not good to infect the other children...otherwise all the babies would just take turns to fall ill... I also think that this rule is really good too
happy.gif

So... who is taking care of your bb now?

aimee,
tks

andrea,
hey.. yrs is a great idea leh.. me shd provide photo n id of parent too.. kekeke..

my bb is still in my tummy leh .. hee hee.. ready to come out anytime liao.. me just making enquiry to prepare for it..

Hi CubbieBB,
Must be excited... when's your EDD?
happy.gif
Also, where do you live? Mebbe next time can meet up with you
happy.gif
hehe

well, if you need help in any way, just holler!
happy.gif

Have a good rest for the time being and take care!

Cheers,
@ndrea

andrea,
my edd is 12.09.04 but gynae said bb's engaged liao.. he just gave me the admission letter today, saying i can deliver anytime fm now.. hee hee..

ya.. if next time bb is at JustKids.. sure will hook up wif u for help..

tks.. u take care too!

hi andrea,
gd to hear fr u agn. yes i delivered on 14 jul. my boy now is coming 3wks old. still trying hard to adjust to the vy vy diff/new lifestyle, gd tat i have a gd cf lady to help me for now. i will be staying at hm till jan 2006, so wont need infant care svc. probably when Ashrel is a little older, we can mt up somewhere in bt batok one day. how's ur boy.
tks, shd i need any help/sos, will email u.

hi cubbiebb,
i visited justkids. i shd say the environment is quite gd. new, clean n spacious enough n oso not 'too many bb' setup yet probably it's still new.

it's at St 11, near princess Elizabeth pri school and st luke's hospital. It occupies the old HDB town council office (Blk 159)

HTH

@ndrea

Hi August,
You can check out their website at www.justkids.com.sg

I think the fees have just been raised to $1000 per month.Go speak with the Principal, Lurvin or the General Manager, Mrs Eileen Hee. Both are very nice.
happy.gif

Cheers,
@ndrea

andrea,
sorry.. last time the charges were how much? like tt then the govt subsidies is no point liao mah..hai...

HI CubbieBB,
the fees used to be $850. It still does help lah... but honestly, i think the increase is justified, coz their facilities and infrastructure are good and they make a concerted effort to keep the baby-carer ratio low. Each time, there're more babies, there'll be new carers. To date, the ratio is still 3:1 -- well under the recommended ratio from the government.

So how are you feeling these days? Baby arriving soon
happy.gif
Do take care...

Cheers,
@ndrea

Hi Andrea,

due to unforseen circumstances, we oso hv to change plan n send my dd to infant care. I came to know this centre fm my fren who send this site to me. DH n me went down to survey a few centre. We love Just Kids. We decided to enrol her for it. btw, wat's yr boy name? Cos the principal mentioned 2 of the pioneer baby there. Than inside my heart I was like "Oh, one of the kid must be yrs... hahahah....." soon my dd will be fren to yr ds. mine only 9 mths now, so half way to go.

HI HappySheltie,
Glad you like Just Kids! The place is really quite good, and the carers are really nice.

My boy is Jarrod... yup he was one of the first two babies there. He was only abt 4 months when they opened in March.
happy.gif
Now he's a whopping ten-and-a-half month bb, and we've really seen him developed over the months. You'll understand when you see him... HAHHA
happy.gif

We've also seen the expansion of the centre and the increase in the number of babies. I'm not too worried about the lack of carer-attention, because Lurvin (the Principal) has a hold of the place. She ensures that bb-carer ratio is kept low, so as to maintain the quality and standards of the school. So no worries there ...
happy.gif

Personally I love babies, so I also try to learn the names of all the babies there... HAHAH :D They are sooooo cute!

So, when will your bb join JK? I look forward to meeting you soon... I'm usually there at abt 530 and hang around until my husband comes to pick us up... Will chat with you again soon!
happy.gif

Cheers,
@ndrea

Emma,

forgot to mention I stayed in Woodlands. sad to say there is none near there. the nearest is the one at Sembawang. you can go and check it out. It's call Lovingcare Baby.

Andrea, if nothing fails, hopefully we shld be able to enrol her during Oct batch. We hope to be earlier but she mentioned that there is too many newcomer lately. They will only accept one new one once a week. If I see you, I will call you ok! your name Andrea??

Hi HAppySheltie,
Yep... me @ndrea!
happy.gif
Lurvin did mention that there are many newborns joining Just Kids, and it would be rather challenging for the carers... coz newborns require more attention.

This morning I was just at the centre, and there is another new baby too
happy.gif
That makes him/her BB #17.

BTW, where do you live now? And your name is...? Hope to see you soon
happy.gif

Cheers,
@ndrea

Hi mummies
any one looking for babysitter @ woodlands area ? my auntie have experience in babysitting, pls let me know if any mummies interested.

Hi cclyn ,

I am also looking for a babysitter for my 2months old baby.Which part of woodlands is your auntie staying ?

Hi Andrea

Is it true that JustKid is really that good? What if my 4mths bb cry for cuddle, attention and someone to carry him, will the carer "entertain" him? my concern is that my bb will cry and cry but the carer has to take care of other bb...
sad.gif

well, currently my 4mths bb is taken care by my mum but she has been very defensive due to conflicts occurred during my maternity leave. guess it is because of my hormone changed after delivery, and my bb was admitted to ICU for more than a week, thus i was very sensitive and protective of my bb during my maternity leave.

now i am ok but we have "blocks" in communication about bb issues. ok, the thing that triggered to bring my bb to infant care is she wanted me to feed my bb solid on his 4th month but i insisted after 6th month. few days after my bb reaches his 4th month, i noticed that his stools has changed from mustard light brown sticky texture to dark brown harden texture. by right, his stools should be mustard sticky cos i have been feeding him similac excellence. i read from article that this stools is harden and darker color because of solid food. i will bring his stool to verify later... if my mum really do that, my hubby and i will be very disappointed. anyway i hope she really did not feed my bb solid.

my mum cannot find a job and she needs this money but i have no choice if she really did that. i cannot forgo my bb health just because of her financial needs. well, will bring stools to GP later... hope we are wrong...

my office is at toh guan, so bt. batok is quite near...

Hi Jo,
Seems to me u r rather worried n upset for your bb boy now. Maybe can try feeding him with more water in the meantime??

My boy has been in an infant care over at Alexandra for a mth now. I'm quite happy with the way the take care of him too.. Basically, he comes home as a happy and healthy child each day. And yah, they will only start on porridge for the kids when they r 6mths old.
I'm not working yet so what i do is bring/fetch my boy to the centre at different timing to see what r the caregivers usually doing. So far I always see them playing with the kids and cuddle the infants often. And for those taking solid, they also hv put them together on high chairs to eat biscuits while playing children songs... the kids look happy.
But be prepared to face little issues like they mix up your bb's blanket, the air con a bit cold etc... well, nothing can match the care given by the child's own mummy mah ;)
As for ur mum giving ur boy solids on his 4th mth, i like to say she's only practicing what used to be best for her generation. I used to help my aunt to babysit since young and we had took care of 6 over bbs... and yah, they started weaning on their 4th mth. But when it come to my own boy, i also practice weaning only after 6mth. So dun be too disappointed w ur mum yah, cos she's loving ur boy in her own way... but as usual, nothing's beats Mummy's Love!!!

hi brenda

thank u so much.

how old is ur boy? which infant care did u boy go to?

yes u r right, last time, bb started weaning on their 4th mth. the weaning on 6th month only came in May 2003, so i can't blame her.

thank u!

hi brenda

my boy is 4th month old... he is ok but i have a number of challenges when my mum taking care of my bb... it is not easy to tell my mum that i wan bb to go infant care instead of under her care.

so brenda, how much did u pay (before subsidy) per month? what is the bb-carer ratio in Cosy Corner?

thank u

Hi Joey

yes. infant care similar to childcare 7 to 7pm everyday. check mcds for the infant care centres listing

Hi Brenda

Can tell me where exactly is Cosy Corner? I am very particular about cleanliness. They do disinfect the toys and utensils etc? Thanks!

Hi miiko, can you provide the email add of MCDS? Can't seem to see any infant care centres listing from it leh.

Hi all, any one knows if there's any infant care centre near Tg Pagar area?

hi mummies

did u notice that after government declared S$400 subsidy, many infant care centres increased their fees!

hi joey,

yes.. my infant care increased their fees from $850 to $1000. though the new rates only affected the new comers, i find that it should not be this way .. how should we voice out this issue ?

Hi jo, I can't seem to go into the web that you gave leh. Wow, the fees for infant care is so ex! Maybe I shd wait till my gal is older to send her to childcare instead hor?

Hi miiko, I'll try your link later. Thanks.

hi yvonne

which infant care your child goes?

did your infant care inform and explain the reason for fees increased?

Hi melody, have u decide on the infant care? I'll be going to Learning Vision to take a look tom. Their branch at MND complex will open next yr and it's near to my workplace. I can't find one near JW leh.

dun think ll put her in infant, so far, those that i know put in infant care, bb all kena sick easily...think still very young..

but ll consider childcare when she is older..

Hi melody, really huh? I think bb are more vulnerable, that's why. I check on the one near my workplace but quite ex leh. $755 after subsidy so got to think twice liao. Prob, I'll wait till 18mths before sending her to childcare. Anyone good childcare center near Jurong West?

Hi mummies,
can i have some of your comments, experiences and thoughts for putting your baby in infant care. I may have to do so due to some changes and have been struggling other this thought for the past few days. Need some advise please.

hi toony,

i also place my 3.5mths old boy with infantcare. i went through exactly what you are going through now last month. kept thinking and wondering if it's cruel to place my boy with an infantcare centre at such a young age. we had a maid for a month but sent her off cos we were not comfortable with the way she looked after my boy. and we also considered and visited quite a few nannies. i almost went crazy thinking of where to place my kid after i go back to work.

but anyway, we are glad that we made the right decision to place him with infantcare. the teachers there are very professional, loving and caring.

basically, the programs include
- baby massages
- reading and singing to babies
- baby gym exercises
- flashcards
- toys
- outdoor (they will push him out to the garden to look at the trees, birds etc)

they also shower him twice a day.
at the end of the day, they will give me a report on his nap times, changing of diapers, bowels, feedings, activities done. these are the things my MIL won't do if we place him with her.

we can see that my boy is picking things up much faster than babies his age. and he's a happy baby everyday
happy.gif

Hi SLK, may I know where do you place your boi? And how much do you pay every mth? I may need to send my gal to infant care later part of the yr.

Back