I need new friends!!!

Hi,

Thanks for reading my thread.

Thinking of making new friends to share my happines and unhappiness.

To freely gossip, complain or hope for unrealistic things and never gets into "THEIR" ears.

any1 interested to be my friend ???

Halo all,

Thanks for yr response.

So sorry, if not for puffgal PM i would have totally gave up my thread.

Happy New Year to all, can we have a good new start for 2010!!!

Hi dore,

how old r yr kids n how u celebrate the new yr?

my hubby didnt bother to celebrate, he slept v early. I ended up watching drama till late nite.

hi everyone,

i'm a new mummy to be. currently 23.5 weeks with baby girl. i have 2 stepsons from my hubby's previous marriage.

have stopped going out with ex colleagues and frens as i had threatened miscarriage twice, once in week 9, once in week 14.

baby is stable now, but many frens are singles who enjoy partying so am not meeting up with them in order to keep baby as healthy as possible.

my new year also very boring =) stay at home and watch hong kong serial dvds.

how about the rest of you?

babymustwear:

indeed, u shd avoid crowded place.

me pregnant wif my 2nd child, currently 17weeks yet to know the gender of d bb 8).

Hi twinkle,

your gynae haven tell you? my gynae said she's 90% sure its a girl on 14 week. then 16 week she confirm.

how about your no. 1? boy or girl? my 2 stepsons are going to be 4 and 8 this year. they stay with us during weekends and holidays and it is not easy taking care of 2 boys so im glad im having a girl now!

wahaaa...twinkle...ya....no pblm...i guess you give up le, tats why send you a pm again...heee....

Happy New Year to all mummies here....

Congrats to Twinkle and babymustwear...heee

Just chanced upon this thread, are you all lucky stay-home mummy? Anyone sending their child for enrich classes before going for full day child care. Currently Im only aware of righ brain programme like shichida and little neuro tree, anyone has any good classes to share for 18-2yr old toddler? Pls share...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today is my 7th anniversary but my hubby jus treated it like any other day.

when will he underdstand wat i really wan.

im nvr happy on 4th Jan for d past 6 yrs, getting numb.....

how u gals celebrate yr wedding anniversary?

hi forestberries,

i am not stay home mom-to-be but im lucky to be working for my mom so hours are really flexible. both mom and mom-in-law are keen to take care of baby after i give birth so i guess i will continue to work.

as for the classes, sorry but i dunno much cos its the 1st time im being a mom.

twinkle, dun be too upset. i think most men are quite boring when it comes to these things. i haven reach my 1st anniversary but im sure it will be boring too cos we dun even celebrate vdays or bdays =)

as long as your hubby is nice to you daily, whether celebrate or not is not so impt!

forestberries, i send my gal to LNT at this moment, she is 13months, have been attending for 3 months le...will continue for another 6 months and then i might send her to CC or zoophonics...

im not a SAHM, but going soon, cos some problem with my mum and maid, so I guess I gonna quit my job and take care my gal myself...then i will send back the maid and my mum can have her freedom back again...so wont have so much pblm....

twinkle...i also never really celebrate de...just out for dinner thats all....somemore with a kid now...more difficult lor...

hi twinkle,

my kid's 16 months now. and he's a great bundle of joy.

gee. wedding anniversary can really just be another day, when me or hubby is so bogged down by work (usu its me lah). but we'll try to take leave and go do some stuff together and end off with a dinner at some fav restaurant or new place to explore. usu we'll challenge each other on who will say 'happy anniversay' first, and winner will tease the other for 'forgetting'.

i sent my son to LNT for 5 sessions but i took him out aldy. cos i feel that most of the things they teach, can be done at home. its quite ex too. 50 bucks per lesson. no doubt the materials are handmade but we can really do much more with the money. its tough arranging my kid's sleeping time too... so took him out. perhaps start another school when he's older. now just do flash cards at home, and sing along with him...

Hi ALL! Happy 2010! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

twinkle: Dun be too affected... i guess most guys r rather "sui bian" when it comes to anniversaries... perhaps next time u cld start to suggest to him wat u both cld do on your anniversaries? Anyway, even then, u both shd enjoy & "celebrate" everyday since nw if u hv a kid oredi it won't be as easy to hv time alone together... so juz cherish watever time u hv with your hubby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dore: I also hv a 16mth old boy & also pregnant with my 2nd child nw [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Just wondering how do you keep your toddler occupied other than doing flash cards and sing-along? What's "LNT" that you mentioned? We bought several hardcover storybooks for our son to explore & also other toys, but I did wonder whether it is really essential to send our child to pre-schools etc. yet? Anyway, it is also possible that we may send him to a childcare centre next yr when the 2nd baby comes along... not enough help at home to cope! :p

Thanks all for d advises.

Tmr im gng for my routine check, hope can knw d gender of my bb.

How u gals prep yr elder child for d new bb?

Dore:

I sent my son to 3 hrs playgroup class when he was 2 yrs old.

For him to learn abt sharing and to be independence.

Being d oni child, He is badly spoilt by his grandma 8)

Yr boy would need time to settle dwn in a new place, Suggest u send him to child care b4 d birth of d bb to avoid the misconcept of being unwanted 8)

hi twinkle,

thanks for the advice. i'm still trying to avoid managing the problem until the problems comes finding me.. now my bb taken care by a nanny, so really not sure how he gonna cope in childcare. i'd better start discussing this seriously with hb.

congrats to you. do let us know the gender ya?

hey moon_mommy,

congrats to u too! LNT is Little Neuro Tree, brain development programme for 3mths onwards. I guess whether to send our kids to toddler classes is really up to us parents. these courses are priced really steep. for me i was under peer pressure la, pple around me all sending to this course and that, so sent my kid to try out.

during weekends when i have most time with my kids, i'd just let him play with whatever he found interesting around the house (must be safe of course). can't afford keep buying toys and books... : ) I take him out and play with bubbles lately... he loves it and chases them everywhere.

Twinkle,

Do u kn the gender of ya bb yet? Wishing for a boy or girl this time? ;) When's ya EDD?

Dore,

Thanks! Actually I find those 'enrichment classes' quite expensive too... haha... I've got frens who sent their kids to Growing Up Gifted (GUG) at United Sq... almost "tempted" to sign up for my son too but I guess laziness got the better of me :p

Anyway, my son has his fav toys. Even if we buy various types of toys for him, there wld be some that he loves it more & wanna play more with it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] A fren juz gave my son a bubble-train as Xmas pressie! Think we can let him play with that soon too :D

puffgal,

R u oredi looking fwd to being a SAHM? I've heard quite a few horror stories abt maids so I'm personally quite apprenhensive abt getting a maid at home right nw. But who knows? Maybe I wld need one in the future? It's really hard to have to look after your kid(s), go to work & clean the hse!! :p

moon_mommy...no lor...not looking forward at all...it means i cant buy anything for myself and for my gal le...heee....no extra money hor...so where got happy...

in fact, my maid is very fresh lar...no experience at all, so gong gong those type lar...u need to push then she move, u dun push, she stay there, so with my mum impatient character, quite difficult to get along lor...

somemore my mum expect her to know everything since shes alrdy with us for 1 month...

maids are like tat de lar, no brain de, they dun use brain to think de...need to be instruct lor...

but my mum impatient character also not easy to get along with lar...especially maid with no own initiatives de...so alot of conflicts lor...

headache headache headache lar...

Moon:

8( my bb nt cooperative unable to confirm d gender. But happy to knw tat bb is developing well 8)

My EDD is 13 Jun, when is yrs n how u prep yr boy for d 2nd child?

Puffgal:

I have maid to help out my in law, think they r nt stupid but pretend to b one so they dnt have to work so much.

i told my maid if she cant schedule her job i will plan her daily routine.

Nw she do things on her own but i will regularly chk her work n tell her off when required.

Most impt is to have mutual respect 8)

To b frank sometime oso genna sandwich bet. maid n in law 8)

puffgal,

somehow envy u can be SAHM, i work till very sian.. and how i wish i can stay at home and be with the kids and spend every moment with them. but just not willing to give up the extra money. so now just slog and slog at work.

moon:

just wondering at this age, what is your kid eating now? cos mine is still with porriage... tho he do have a couple of molars. every weekend i dunno what to cook and usu end up porriage.. i think my boy eat until very sian. any tips to share?

Just wondering to all mummies, i personally don have a maid... but i thought having a maid might lead to my kid being less independent. like: the maid will take off his shoes lah... or clean up and pack up after he finish playing... instead of us now training them up to be more independent and responsible...?

cos i thinking if i have 2nd kid, likely will get a maid to help out but i'm afraid of the above.. what can i do..?

twinkle, yes i agree with you, sometimes they pretend pretend de...this weekend im going to 'catch' my maid, cos i find she tends to skip some work, like cleaning the sofa and my tv console, so this weekends going to tell her off....

now im sandwich in between my mum and maid...my mum now having cold war with me cos tat day i say her and shes not happy...but then i got peaceful ears this few days, if not she everyday will complain something abt the maid to me...

Dore, dont envy me hor, i dun want to be SAHM, im not hao lian hor...but being SAHM, no money to spend de, i dun like at all...i like to buy things de, buy for myself and and especially for my gal...now im monitoring the situation, if can, then i want to continue to work...

anyway to your question, my maid is with us for 1 mth only, basically she just do housework and help to entertain my gal when my mum cooks, or not free...i never ask my maid to help my kid take off shoes or what de...basically when i step in the house, i will tell my gal, okay take off shoes oki, then i just remove, since my gal only gg 14mths...

sometimes certain things we can get the maid to do and we can ask them not to do and get your kids to do it...

im thinking if i got 2nd kid, i mite just send to infant care le, thou very ke lian, but i think it solve alot of problem

i see my gf who send her son to infant care becos her mil not willing to take care for her and her own mum cant becos of health issue, she also send her son to infant care at 4mths when she goes back to work, everything is fine so far except always falling sick, thats the only scary part

Moon,

Tot i have a maid, i dnt allow my boy to exploit her. I make him respect her as a senior.

He will greet him, saying pls, thk u etc....

All yr worries can b solve easily so long u set yr ground right at d beginning 8)

As for food, yr child is oni 16 mths so really quite limited choice.

I remember giving my boy porridge daily too.

Dnt worri they wnt b bored its actually us who wan to hav a change, sick of feeding them d same food 8P

Puffgal:

I do agree all child fall sick @ d initial phase of childcare n even sch.

Doctor told mi its bcos they were nt explored to gems n virus.

Bring d child out more often to mingle wif other kids to build up their immune system 8)

I feel tat being able to see to our child growth is impt and oso a luxury.

But we woman oso need to b independence in finance aiyo can oni say its nt easy to b a mummy.

Really njoy sharing wif u gals i can go on n on non stop.....

ya...i agree, one way is to bring the child out more often and also prepare ownself of the child falling sick, i think one day all kids gonna face the same pblm, jus early or late...haaa....

women really not easy lor...haiz....

Dore,

Actually, I've been feeding my son just mostly milk and porridge only too!! :p I tried buying those small bottled baby foods from NTUC... like the Gerber brands & stuff... but actually he didn't quite like it! I think my son prefers to eat "fresh food", haha! For his porridge, it's just that we try to put different ingredients each time, & then alternate it between a few days, like adding carrots, veg, fish, pork... etc etc. Although u think the kids might be bored with this variety, surprisingly, my son is still quite enthusiastic abt eating his porridge everyday! ;p

But I do think that we need to add in some varieties la... or else can't expect a growing kid to eat the same everyday :p I think maybe can cook small A-B-C macaroni pastas... or some kind of desserts suitable for little kids? Perhaps can get some more ideas from the internet? That could be a good source of inspiration (& recipe!!) =)

Twinkle,

My EDD is 9 July! So 1 month after yours! ;) I'll be going back to TMC, hw abt u? As for abt preparing my son for his new sibling... ermmm... actually I've done nothing abt it -- I'm assumming that kids shd juz "accept it" that a new sibling is coming along! But of cos making sure that we as parents shd try to give enuff TLC to him as well even when his di-di or mei-mei has arrived =)

It is also likely that I might be sending my son to a childcare centre by next year so that it frees up more time for my MIL to take care of my 2nd bb while I must still go back to work after my maternity leave ends. So now I gotta start doing my "homework" and find good childcare centres around my place! Good luck to me!

Hi Everyone, I am new to this thread... Any one with EDD end March? I need more Mommy friends.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

twinkle,

Opps, wat i meant by TMC is I'm going to deliver at Thomson Medical Centre again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Was there when I had my 1st kid. Anyway, I am also only taking the folic acid & iron tablets nw, plus the fish oil.

Welcome Glennia! My EDD is in early July. Wow your little one is coming in 2 mths' time! Your 1st baby?

Welcome princess diamond! Been a SAHM since your bb girl was born?

puffgal

true lah, SAHM really will put a strain on finances lor. thats y i still so reluctant to be one. somehow i wish i am tho, for i don really like my work now, plus super stress... and its putting strain on my health too. not a good thing la

agree with u that if we do have a maid, we have to set the rules right at the beginning. think we ourselves have to be disciplined too.

i have a colleague who also put his kid in infant care... so far so good. the baby's still on breast milk... maybe this do help build up bb's immune system... don fall sick so easily?

moon,

haha, yah some part of me is getting sian cooking the porridge lor but i do try to vary the ingredients everytime... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Haven't try the ABC macaroni yet... should do so someday.. think i got one recipe with cheese one from the net..

actually whenever my kid wanna eat from our plate, i'd just give him watever suitable, just to let him experience more tastes...

Hi Princess! Hi Glenna! Welcome!

hello mummies =)

i went shopping for stuff for my baby today. very excited and happy. my EDD is april. this is my first baby.

will need many advice from you all!

Morning to all Mummies and welcome all new mummies...heee....

Dore, yes...tats why now im still cant decide whether to be SAHM, cos really less one income wor, really reluctant de, i will die if i cant spree online lor...wahaa...not to say no shopping lor...sianz sianz sianz...

but so far this 2 days at home with maid, me and my hb find her oki lei, duno is it becos i got the agent to tell her what she should behave....

just that on sat she is suppose to clean the sofa and tv console, she didnt and i told her to do and she did it, gonna monitor one more week and see if she still skip the job...she tend to skip this chores even at my mum place...anyway they are kind of lazy de...

can share recipe with me, especially how to cook macaroni, i got a pack but havent cook yet cos duno how to cook...haaa...

babymustwear, 1st baby...excited right...boy or gal???

Hi Moon Mummy

Yes my first kid. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so very excited... But now, the count down seems to be sooo long. Anyone with EDD end March and giving birth in Mount A? Cos my gynae only does Mount A and TMC.. I have decided to go with Mount A..

Baby Must Wear

I havent done any shopping. Am deciding to do it on the one week before I give birth. I am a last min person..

hi everyone, i am new here..also looking for new mummy friends. I am new MTB, EDD also end of march like Glennia. Hi Glennia, nice to know we have the same EDD. My EDD is 28 March, will be deliver at Mt. Alvernia.

i am also SAHM at the moment. PRegnant..so can't look for job right now. But after stay at home for a while..i learn to be contented with that. I think i really want to take care kids by myself. For me, my parent is not here and my parent in law also not so keen to look after our baby. So stay at home is the best. Don't have maid, so do all house chores myself.

honestly..if you ask me to choose, i prefer to have my own job, extra money to buy things that i like. But then..i think who can take care my child better than me. They worth much more than all the shopping that i crave for. So now..live really simple lor. Help husband to save money. Even cook for his lunch to ta bao and dinner at home. So far, very happy ley. I think it's a priviledge to be a SAHM..although money super tight..but happier. Husband also seem very happy each time come home, I cook hot nice food for him to eat. House also neater. We don't go out often.. but i think we are happier than then time when i was so busy with my work.

WOW ANMARIA... Cools.. My EDD should be 31st March. Yar, being a SAHM does have it ups and downs. Right now, I wish I was not working but I have financial commitments so I have to be a FTWM.. Are u intending to return to the workforce once ur child is grown up?

Yes ure right, when you're a SAMH, you tend to save money by eliminating un necessary expenses.

Moon Mommy

Ure taking folic with your iron? My gynae told me since Im on iron, I can do away with the Folic.. So I have stopped taking folic.. I am on calcium, iron and fish oil. How many times a day do u take your supplements?

Back