How to solve baby crying during bathing

Sometimes the bb is "scared" / feel insure when being put in water. Do let your bb hold a piece of small face towel or hv mittens on his/her hands 2 feel secure when placing the bb into the water. Slowly remove the mittens 2 clean the hands after you hv bathed rest of the body.

Hi Doramee

Most babies like to bath because it is similar to the environment they were when in the womb.

Maybe you want to check the water temperature, not too warm not too cold. Slowly, gently swing (from left to right)your baby letting her feet then buttocks down the water. Support your baby with one arm : holding onto her armpit while head resting on your arm. The other of your hand use a small cloth to bring the water to her tummy. Use your hands to gentle message down her arms she will naturally open up her palm then you can rub her palm (if not very smelly.

Make it a good experience for her. Cheers !

is your bb scared of the tub? you can use wet towel to wash 'cos some kids are scared of the depth. have some toys like rubber duckie on hand or a small plastic cup to let bb play.

I once watched channel-U "Daddy 101" there's a episode teach Calvin soh how to bathe a new born and the baby really enjoy it. It's amazing.
You can go to xinmsn to watch. It's really interesting.

the bb probably not use to it and is afraid, feeling insecure.. probably try toking to the bb.. give the bb assurance.. the bb should be able to enjoy bathing soon...

Hi, my bb also used to cry while bathing. Found that she likes the water temperature a bit hotter than lukewarm. I only put less than 10 cm depth of water in the tub though. Also, you can try to make bathing fun for your bb by talking and singing to her.

Stay very close body contact with bb as bb needs to feel secured.
My hubby sing and talk to our bb and works well. Your voice should be slightly louder than the bb crying so as to catch his attention.

Change to another toilet as some bb simply frightened by the toilet layout or design.

I agree with reflex - my little girl also likes her bath water a bit hotter than lukewarm. My mom did this when she bathed her the first time in baby's first month - my mom dipped her hand in the water and patted baby's stomach lightly and said "the water is just nice, there's nothing to be afraid of (BU PA BU PA), let's enjoy the bath!"

by the way, my little girl loves her grandmother (my mom) bathing her every once a week! nowadays I also pat my girl lightly to say "bathing now ok!" (CHONG LIANG LO!) she loves it! She's 4 months old now.

Back