How to send maid back?

mahes_gopal

In January I and my ex spouse applied for a FDW under direct hire but she was under my ex spouses's name as he has a stable income. Along the course of the year my spouse and I have applied for a divorce. FDW having found out that only my ex spouse is her direct employer has started to to be rude to me and verbally abusive to my children.
Not be able to tolerate her behavior I offered her salary and air ticket home but she rejected it saying that only the employer has the right to send her home. She said that if I am not happy with her she would not talk to me any more. I have made a police report on her behavior.
Since then she has been cooking her own food, doing chores that she wants, watching television any time of the day and sleeping any time of the day and going out and coming back at her. She even moved her bed to my ex spouses room.
My ex spouse does not want to communicate with me. I sent a letter to him to send the FDW worker away but he has not taken any action.
Not being able to tolerate her psychological harassment I and my three children have left the home to stay with my parents. Meanwhile my FDW stays at home with my ex spouse.
I have called the MOM three times pleading them for help and even wrote to them on my plight. One all occasions they have replied me that they are not able to help me as the FDW is under my ex spouses's name. Although I am one of the applicant for the FDW I do not have the liberty to terminate and send her away. A women and her three children who are citizens of Singapore have left their home and a FDW is protected to stay in the home with her employer.
All because of the legislation that the FDW is under only my spouses name.
If that is the case next time MOM should not ask for spouse and children details. Or MOM should consider including both spouses as employers so that both have the liberty to terminate the services of the FDW.
I hope someone would be able to help me so that the FDW can leave and my children and I can go back home.

So, originally, your spouse applied for a divorce but still staying together. Now that you moved out with kids, spouse staying with maid?

You just need your ex signature on a piece of form and then can send her home. You can try to write in to MOM - or ask to speak to a more senior officer, or get your MP to help.

who's paying her salary? if its you stop giving her salary.. she will make her way out.. if she make police report.. its your ex-spouse issue.. he don't want to help even if it takes you and your children to move out coz of her behavior ..

check if you can get the login of your ex-spouse to the cancel he permit.. and send her home next day

... do not login on behalf of ex-spouse, lah... at worst that can be fraud or lying to public servant.

stop giving salary (cos not your maid)...

Back