**How soon can we TTC after going through a mis-carriage?**

Hi mummies,

Just to share my share abit here.I have gone D/C early last year when my baby was 12 weeks old due to some defects.It was a painful memory for me and husband as this unexpected news since this is my 1st pregnancy.

I rememeber very clearly it was few days before my birthday when I have to do D/C.The nite before the D/C, my husband and I even hugged ourselves and cried so hard to say goodbye to our little baby.That was the hardest nite I have went through in my whole life.

Actually that time,it took me 7 months to conceive.I think main reason is I don't ovulate every cycle.

After My D/C last year, I did about 20 days mini confinement.My gynae did advise ask me don't drag for too long, try after 2 cycles.But I was not successful.Cos I realise my menses all gone haywire.Sometimes , it drag till more than 40 days. And sometimes, it may be as early as 14 days.I really cannot calculate when I actually ovulate.After that, I decide to go to seek TCM after 4 months of fruitless try . But my TCM also doesn't help much.After stopping for abt 2 months. I realize I am pregnanct again , yes naturally and I am into my 23 weeks of pregnancy now.I think to be STRESS FREE is very important, cos it took me another round of 8 months to conceive successfully this time as I almost give up.Cos, when you have no more burden, your body will adapt to relaxation which help alot in conceiving.

Eat more healthy and if possible get prenatal vitamins as once your body has all essential vitamins, it help to geared up your body and your body will be more "bu" and it is easier for pregancy.

I ever read from somewhere that it is not when after your pregnancy then you started to dump all vitamins for the baby as it is too late.Do it if possible 3 months before conceiving to ensure a healthy pregnancy.Not trying to say all vitamins will have miracle. Sometimes it depends on generic issues also.But why not have a good start as to keep ourselves healthy first.

Lastly, I want to encourage mummies who have lost their baby.Don't ever give up,Seek for gynae's help if possible and I am sure you will hold your little bundle of joy very soon !! Baby dust to all !

Hi,

I was told by gynae that bb's heartbeat stopped and was advised to go thru D&C soon. Wondering what is D&C procedure like and any recommendations for TMC to prepare me for TTC again? Thanks

Hi Chocolate_soh, my menses came already last week.. Now approaching my next ovulation period.. So far I do ovulate for the past 2-3 months, we tried but just didn't work out.. No choice, just gotta keep trying I guess!! So did gynae recommend what to do next month? You must jia you too and don't give up!

To StickyBB: Must be tough losing the 2nd one.. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose 1 more..

To Angelwink: Thanks for the encouragement, agree stress free is impt.. Believe our first one was also conceived stress free coz that month we had decided to visit the gynae for check up...but its so hard to keep ourselves stress free when you wan to have a kid haha

Hi ladies,

Sorry to intrude...

I was also like you ttc-ing sometime ago. Stocked up on opk strips and clearblue smiley face ovulation kits. By God's grace we conceived and have these to let go cheaply:

20 opk strips @ $9 (exp Jun2012)

Clearblue smiley face ovulation kits:

Opened pack (5 pcs left) - $32 (exp Sep2011)

Sealed pack (7 pcs) - $46 (exp Dec2011)

Bundle price of $85 for all.

Kindly PM me if keen and wishing you all the best in your ttc-ing journey.

Hi Almici, how is everything? If u had gone throughout the D&C, hope you are recovering well now.

Hi min21, we plan to ttc naturally for another 3 to 4 months before we go for ivf. My hb has morphology issue and we are not young anymore so hope to conceive by end of this year.

How abt u? Which day of your cycle are you at?

Today is my D11 and I am having a lot of discharge. Think it's too early for ovulation since my usual cycle is 30 days. That is how irregular my cycle became after the D&C. Last month 35 days.

Hi chocolate_soh, morphology is the quality of sperms not good enough right? My chinese doc said before can take Vitamin E if quality of sperms is not good enough. Am ard Day 22 at the moment, the 2WW.. haha.. My normal cycle also ard 28-30 days, but there was a month when I ovulated on D11 (tested with a kit), so guess its still possible. So jia you jia you!!

min 21, not too sure whether poor morphology means the quality is not good enough. What we saw from the sperm analysis report is that there are many abnormal shaped sperms like two tails one head, two heads one tail etc, thus the poor morphology.

Thanks for your suggestion on the Vit E. My hb has been loaded with quite a no. of vitamins, including vit e, for quite some time already.

Today is my day 14 and I am already on the 2WW too. Cos true enough, I ovulated super early this cycle. Went for a scan yesterday and the gynae told me I have already ovulated. And the worse thing is we have been saving hb's troops for the ovulation day and have not been trying for the past few days. So I guess this cycle will be wasted. Can only try again in the next cycle.

All the best to you in your 2WW. Hope u'll have a BFP soon!

Hi,

Need advice when will the next mensus be after MC? Its been abt 6 weeks since my MC but no signs of mensus.

Hi chocolate_soh, you didn't try to detect ovulation like using those kits or looking at the mucus? you must be quite upset that the cycle was wasted.. sometimes i think 1 yr only got 12 chances! so little!! i'm not hoping for much.. beginning to feel signs that AF is coming! ARGH!

Hi min21,

I didn't test using ovulation predictor kit cos was thinking it's way too early for ovulation and my cycle and ovulation r quite regular.

No choice about missing the chance this month. Can only try harder next month. U try harder too if ur menses come. Of cos hope it won't come for those ttc. Good luck everybody!

Hi everybody! Still remember my case? It's been awhile since my last posting, just like to share the good news around & as an encouragement to all. Since my m/c in Oct'10, I got pregnant in Feb'11. I am now in my 2nd trimester. What I do is seeing Tong Ji TCM to Pu my body & also take blackmores women conceived well, take my body temperature daily to note my possible ovulation instead of the ovulation kit which I also bought. With that I use internet help to calculate my ovulation days, for instance Day14. I would start TTC from D10 to D20 on alternate days ESP take note of yr possible ovulation day. To ensure accuracy of such calculation, u cn use any past 3mths menses as yardstick. Wish all good luck & baby dust to all! After D&C, sure cn try after 1cycle of menses as it's true that we are much fertile.

Congrats, applecherry!

Thanks for sharing the good news. Feel so happy for you after reading back at your previous posts. Realise this thread is not so active.

For me, I had blighted ovum once and had the D & C in Aug 10. Started trying since Dec 2011 but till now still no news yet.

Just to check with you, other than you visiting Tong Ji TCM to bu your body, did your husband do anything? Is his sperm ok?

Has Tong Ji changed their address to NTU?

For us, we were seeing Dr Zou at AMK for 6 mths before I conceived. After the D & C, we continued acupuncture and taking the tcm till Feb this year where we decided to stop and concentrate on western medicine instead.

Have been going for regular scans and gynae said my ovulation and lining are ok except that now my ovulation seems to be getting irregular, getting earlier in the cycle. Feel so disappointed every month when my menses come cos we really make an effort to try during fertile days but nothing is happening.

Congrats AppleCherry! Nice to hear your good news and certainly, it is a good form of encouragement.. Sometimes I'm also so tired of this trying and waiting.. Like chocolatesoh, did D&C in Oct and have been trying since Dec, also no good news.. Also seeing chinese doc at EYS...

Chocolatesoh, my chinese doc mentioned before that Ovulating too early in the cycle is not ideal as egg may not be mature enough. Did the gynae suggest any other methods since O not regular? but nevertheless, let's jia you together! We need to stay positive!

Hi min21,

My ovulation has been irregular in the last 3 monitored cycles by this gynae. The first mth I visited him, my cycle was 35 days, 2nd mth 26 days n this mth likely to be 28 days if we don't succeed. My cycle before the d&c used to be 30 days. He did not say tt it is no gd to ovul early due to the egg which may not be mature enough. My understanding from him is only if the egg is mature enough then ovulation will take place with the release of tt egg. And he said it might be a good thing for me since my cycles seem to get shorter, but not those super short like 22 - 26 days type. He said 28 days is just nice n if I m afraid tt i might ovulate early in the next cycle, we can arrange to see him earlier to do a scan. Just hope tt I wont need to see him next cycle to scan eggs but to scan my beanie.

Keeping fingers crossed and jiayou next month if don't succeed this mth. Good luck to those still ttc n don't give up!

Hi chocolate_soh, good that your gynae sounds quite supportive. my last gynae just told me to take things easy since I got pregnant before.. not very helpful..hee.. good luck to you too and jia you!!

Hi min21,

Today is 11dpo but my temp has gone down from 36.62 to 36.31. Seems that my menses will be coming soon n much earlier than expected. N this month's temp is so haywired and low. So disappointing. Instead of a 28-day cycle, it could be a 25 or 26-day cycle.

So sick of the disappointments every month. I just wish my miscarriage is not making things worse cos we r alrd facing difficulty for the male factor.

Hi Chocolate_soh, i also find the temperature taking thing very stressful.. every day, my mood swings with the temperature! when its high, i'm happy. when its low, i'm so upset.. so trying not to take too much notice of the temperature day in day out.. so i totally understand how you feel! i dun think the miscarriage is making things worse.. like both my gynae and chinese doc said, getting pregnant once shows that you definitely have no problem conceiving.. i think its a good sign after all! my hb and i decided we are not going to wait for Ovulation the coming cycle, we will just do alternate days from Day 12 to 20!

Hi min21,

Yup, the temp taking is very stressful. Thinking wht to continue taking this cycle cos on one hand it's stressful but on the hand, we would want to know what's going on like whether ovulation is approaching/over, is temp too low, etc.

So sick of trying every month and hope we will see a BFP soon. Good luck in your alternate days of trying.

Hi chocolate_soh, jia you, dun give up!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my colleague just got pregnant and she told me her 'trick' is to pray together with hubby every night though her hubby is not a Christian. Maybe we should try that too. She told me since its free, no harm trying! :p

Hi Tweety, good to hear from you again.. Stay positive!!

Hi all....me also getting more And more anxious as months passes by....my 2nd miscarriage was last nov 10....it's been coming 6 months of trying BUT no results....the saying of v fertile after miscarriage do not happen on me!!!!! Yet

I have gone thru 3 Failed ivf before ...so I won't be thinking of this option anymore

I m gg to be 40....nx year SO time is really running out for me

Had been hanging out a lot with friends with baby and learning MORE and MORE to love bat within their NOT mine

Having thought of adoption v much lately, may I listen to u gals view on that?

Just share.......

Hi miko, personally hubby and I have tot of this option before.. I also spoke to my ex colleague who went thru similar issues like you and went on to adoption eventually. I am definitely open for the idea since we love kids so much. If you 2 really love kids, i think it is definitely an option to consider. I'm sure you would love the kid like your own [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] There is a thread on adoption in the forum, can read through it. you can hear quite a lot of pple's opinion on it.

Hi

Sharing my TCM doc (Pauline) here. Her clinic is at

Blk 152 Serangoon North Avenue 1 550152

Tel- 6281 5238

Open Weekdays 9am-1pm, 6pm-9pm; Weekends 9am-1pm (timing to check again please)

No need to boil medicine - liquid and pills plus health supplements. But her wait time can be quite long.

I was with her 2 months and had my 1st child.

Good luck to all TTC [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello gals, not sure if anyone is still reading this thread.. Am getting so depressed.. every week, i have a friend around me who is pregnant.. this week, 2 already so far! even though who try to avoid getting pregnant also get pregnant! Gosh.. I wan to stop thinking of this.. yet I never manage to coz of all the news around me.. I try to think positive, but sometimes its so hard..

Hi min21,I understand how u feel. I feel the same at times too, to the extent that when I see pregnant women on the street, I feel so jealous n wished that the baby inside them is mine. Can't help thinking back about the miscarriage n I always lament about the fact that our baby would be almost one month old if not for the miscarriage.

My hubby has been encouraging me to think positive, take it easy n at the same time, try whatever we can to conceive. I guess we can only try to think positive n not be affected by good news around us. The more affected we are, the more stressed we will feel to want to succeed.

Probably it's still not time for us to be mummies yet? Good things are worth waiting for n eventually when we succeed, we will treasure our baby even more.

Continue trying n don't give up. I m with u in this ttc journey.

Thanks chocolate_soh.. I decided to stop taking bbt this month already as I find its adding stress to myself for the past few mths.. Need to correct my thinking also as i really wan to feel happy for my friends who are pregnant.. lucky to have supportive hubby at this time... gotta RELAX, RELAX and RELAX.. haha.. You mustn't give up too.. I too believe the time will come for us to be mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TTC? why spend over $10 for a Home Pregnancy Test kit only to be used once?

i have many Home Pregnancy Test Strip for sale at $1 per strip, you can test everyday in the 2 week wait. mine showed positive before period due.

free postage. email [email protected]

Home Pregnancy Test Strip (HPT Strip) Guideline

For optimal result USE FIRST MORNING URINE.

Collect urine into a clean container (such as plastic cup). Hold the green plastic section and dip the test strip into the urine with the white absorbent arrow end pointing towards the sample. Make sure not to dip over the max line mark. Take the strip out after 3 seconds and lay strip flat on a clean, dry, surface. Do not dip more than 5 seconds. Allow 5 minutes to complete the test reaction.

Result Interpretation

Negative Result: Not Pregnant

Only one color band appears on the top Control (C) region. There should be no apparent band on the Test (T) region. The control line is designed to validate the test and should be crisp and clear in intensity with white membrane background.

Positive Results: Possible Pregnancy

Distinct and consistent color bands appear on the Control (C) and Test (T) regions (see the image below). Color intensity of the bands may vary according to concentration and level of hCG development. The test line is usually slightly weaker in intensity in comparison to the control line. The pattern of increasing intensity of the test line is a much better predictor of pregnancy rather than any individual reading. Positive test results should always be confirmed with your physician.

Invalid Results

Uncertain test results should be discarded in case there is no visible control line. Repeat test with a new test device.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5762143.jpg]

hi min21 and chocolate, i can understand how u r going thru..coz i experienced tat myself earlier too. My husband n i had tried for about 1 yrs.. i guess i was too 'anxious' or stressed for a child. Being stressed will affect d chances of conceiving, so try to relax as much as you can. If can, do go for a short trip..it will helps alot based on my friends' experiences. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] jiayou!!

Back