Hospital Bills at Raffles Hospital

riushiki

Hi I am going deliver in Raffles and would like to know what is the hospital bill for a single and two bedded ward?

Anyone care to share if have delivery in Raffles recently, what to look out for??

Thanks.

Hi, Riushiki! I delivered my 2 boys in Raffles Hospital. Total bill I paid amounting to abt 3K..while admission, u haf to pay a deposit of the hospital package(depending on wat room type u choose).

HI Chris

Can share your experience of Raffles? How did u find the hospital? Also, what was the room type u chose?

My gynae, originally from KK is going private at Raffles. I am at a crossroad of whether to stay at KK or to follow him and deliver at Raffles. My concern is more on the charges on the after-care of the baby...Ur advise would be useful!

Hi. I choose a single bed room. The staff r nice and caring. The after care of ur baby will b very well taken care of. Currently I am seeing Dr. Veronica Toh from Raffles children ctr..she's a nice PD, gentle wif babies. I will b having my 3rd child at Raffles 2..

1) hi i delivered at Raffles. Dr Veronica Toh was my ger PD.She had jaundice n was required to stay on. Was put under UV light n was discharged on e 4th day.Jaundice lvl was boderline case then. DR say lvl shuldnt go up. Was told to go back for review 8days ltr.By day 5, brought her to NUH, had to admit immediately cos jaundice @ xtreamtly high lvl.Stay another 4days at NUH n thereafter blood test every 2 days to ensure jaundice lvl nvr go up. Thought this should b e way lor.Should i listen to her n waited till 8day wats gonna happen to my bb?

2)I took e 3days 2 nite package. My ger stayed on another 4 days.She does her rounds every morning to chk on babies but didnt notice my ger had wheezing sound when breathing. Brought it up to her 2 days ltr then she prescribe nose drop for her.

3)Day of discharge, needed some cream fr her cos my ger had rashes on her chest. Waited n waited till nurse called her n she say she FORGOT!

3)Day of discharge, needed some cream fr her cos my ger had rashes on her chest. Waited n waited till nurse called her n she say she FORGOT!

This is my 3rd stay with Raffles. I should say they have very nice and caring nurses. Always very prompt in any request. Only thing is they take super long time to do the billing.

riushiki,
i delivered my daughter & my son in RH. single bedded room. paid ard $3k+. Like the hospital very much.
happy.gif

dr Veronica Toh - she is my son's PD when my son was admitted to hospital for his bronchitis. She is very patient and detail. I think we are very lucky to have her as our PD during that critical time.
happy.gif

Hi ang_gu,

I delivered my girl in Raffles too. Mine was a planned C-sect and staying in a 2 bedder ward. During my stay, I was alone in the ward as the other bed wasn't taken. My stay there was pleasant and I think the staff nurses are very willing to help you whenever you press the button. The local nurses are not as friendly as the foreign nurses though.

I paid about 3K plus in cash after medisave deduction. I think my total bill was close to 7K and I stayed for about 4 days, 3nights since it was a c-sect. Food wise is ok, no confinement menu, but the way they present makes it look like some hotel food instead of hospital.

My cousin delivered in Raffles too and she opted for a 4 bedder and natural without epidural. Think she paid ard 1K after mediave deduction.

raymond,
Dr watt gynae (female gynae) clinic is at compass point, Raffes Medical clinic. You may check her out.

hi all,
anyone attended antenatal class at Raffles Hospital? Is it informative and good and how much is the course fee?

hello aria jo,
i am currently attending the antenatal class conducted in RH.i paid $168+gst for 6 lessons. So far so gd, we get to learn abt breathing and massage exercises in preparation for natural birth. Hope tat helps.

As I will be delivering in August, can anybody share with me what are some of the items provided FOC by RH during our stay and what are the items that are chargable??? Thanks a lot!

hi ah ren,
Thanks for repling. What are the course contents for each lesson? I email them asking abt the antenatal class 2 weeks back and till now no reply from them yet. Quite disappointed with their online service.

Hi all, am contemplating to deliver my baby in RH. From what I have gathered from the posts here, most of the more reputable gynae in RH are all females,is there any good male gynae? By the way, Anyone has comments for Dr. Koh Gim Hwee from RH, thanks in advance.

Hi Chu Bee,

My gynae is Dr Tan Yew Ghee. He is the senior gynae in the women center. I find him patient and answers my queries clearly.

Hi,

I also consulted Dr Tan Yew Ghee for my first pregnancy. Just delivered in April this year. I find him very professional and fatherly. While he is pro natural birth and breastfeeding, he is quite pro epidural as well. I had hoped for a drug free birth but not possible under his care.
happy.gif

My overall experience with RH is good. I enjoyed the confinement food, the nice rooms (I elected single room) and some of the nurses were really nice (in particular, Helen the lactation expert). I definitely don't mind using RH again for my next birth.

Just my 2 cents worth. Let me know if anyone needs the bill breakdown.

My bill breakdown

Assisted Vacuum Delivery w/Epidural

Antenatal Package for Dr Tan from 12 weeks: $2K exc. GST ($1K paid upfront, $1k paid in final bill upon delivery)

Normal Consultation for Dr Tan : $100 exc. GST (i did @ 6 weeks to confirm pregnancy)

Deposit on admission : $2K

Mummy's Interim Bill Total : $4,911.06 inc. GST
Amt deducted from Medisave : $2,050
Cash Paid : $861.06

Baby's Interim Bill Total : $572.25 inc. GST
Amt deducted from Medisave : $420
Cash Paid : $152.25

Total Bill for Antenatal + Delivery : $6,533.31 inc. GST

Medisave Deduction : $2,470
Cash Payment : $4,063.31

The above does not include cost of triple blood test done @ 16 week. I can't find the receipts. :p

4D scan @ 32 weeks: $100 exc. GST

Lactation Consultation : $25 exc. GST

Bilicheck for Jaundice : $30 exc. GST

PD Consultation : $50 exc. GST

PAP Smear Test (6 weeks after delivery) : $40 exc. GST

I've yet receive the final bill from RH.

Hi Michele

I don't quite understand this portion - Total Bill for Antenatal + Delivery : $6,533.31 inc. GST..

I can't seems to get the figure $6533.31. Is this meant to be the total for both baby n mummy interim bill? Btw, is yours a 3D2N stay? Thanks.

Hi banazz,

The total bill = $1,050 (paid @ 12wks for antenatal package) + $4,911.06 (Mummy's interim bill on discharge, which includes another $1,050 for antenatal package) + $572.25 (Baby's interim bill on discharge) = $6,553.31

Yes, I admitted on Mon, 7.30am for induction and discharged on Wed, 1+pm (3d2n) and my hubby stayed over on the 1st night. I asked him to go home on the 2nd night because the companion bed is really uncomfortable. We feedback to RH about that and hopefully they'll change that. I understand the companion bed for the suites are very comfortable though!
happy.gif

Hi aria jo, course contents for the antenatal course as follows .
1 lesson on nutrician by dietician
3 lessons on exercises and massage by physiotherapist
2 lessons on taking care of baby by parentcraft expert.

Hi Michele, thanks for sharing with me your bill, I am also seeing YG and I agree with your view- he is pretty pro epidural which i hope i can do without. in any case, that is another story...
happy.gif
You mentioned that yours is a interim bill and you paid $4,063.31 in cash upon your discharge. Does that mean that if the final bill is lower, RH will refund you the difference in cash? By the way,any idea if parking during the hospital stay FOC? Thanks :p

hi ah ren,
thanks for the info. we have decided to sign up with Mt Alvernia instead cos of the distance from my office to bugis and also because raffles only have class on Tuesday at 7.30pm. It's quite rush to gown down on the week day plus CTE always jam!

ah ren, yes they refund you the difference when the final bill is done. we got the amt credited back to our credit card. no FOC parking unfortunately.

hi
i delivered at raffles and it was a good stay. i paid abt 3k plus for single room for normal delivery. my PD is also Dr Toh but while Dr Toh was away Dr Tan looked after my baby for a while. both i feel are just as good. but i prefer dr toh because she explains and is very gentle.
i liked my lactation consultant helen- she was very helpful and came in everyday to check on us. (other hospitals apparently have breastfeeding sessions as a class). the nurses are very helpful.overall i was happy with the service.
i had my antenatal class with mrs wong at thomson. she was very good. she gave good insight to myths of confinement and gave tips for everything as she is very experienced.

hi mummies,
can i find out from you why u chose to deliver at Raffles Hospital?

I delivered my first child at Gleneagles.However,my gynea has left to Raffles Hospital.

Is the billing in Raffles Hospital generally more ex than other hospitals?

heard tat their nurses r not as experience as other hospitals? is it true?

Yes. Raffles hospital is known to be the most expensive. moh website states that.

My opinion is experience really depends on the number of births the hospital does over a period of time. There are quite few births at Raffles Hosp compared with other private hospitals like TMC and Mt A. Even hospitals like KKH are very experienced and I think they woudl be the safest place to deliver in because of the number of awards they've attained, and their doctors also do alot of research and teaching work. Of course, do go to A class ward if you go to KKH so you get better treatment from t he doctors and more attention from the nurses lah. The cost of A class at KKH is even more ex than a 2 bedder at Mt A or TMC.

avocado,
i delivered my baby in raffles hospital. i'm very happy with their service and my midwifes are very experienced i would say. they thought me how to push the baby and one of them even push at my tummy to help push the baby out.. i had natural birth with epi and opt for 2 bedder. took the 3 day 2 nite package and the bill comes up to $3.8k+ before 1.8k cpf deduction. so, we pay cash abt $2k.

hi susan,
i've had Dr. Lee I Wuen as my gynae. She's very detailed, caring and friendly. group of us frens have her as gynae.
happy.gif

avocado,
we chose RH as we like our gynae and the service is fab.
happy.gif
yup my midwife and nurses are very good and attentive. nurses from both women's centre and the ward.
happy.gif
yes same, rub down at my tummy too. the bill came up to almost 6K if i rem correctly, assisted natural with epi, and 2 days 1 nite at the suite.

Hi

Would like to find out besides Raffles Women Center does Dr Tan or Veronica Toh have a clinic outside? Anyone knows of any gynae at RH which is also located at raffles place or tanjong pagar area?

Many thanks

Hi Citymum, I am delivered by Dr Tan Yew Ghee and my sons are seeing Dr Veronica Toh. As far as I know, they do not have clinics outside. Why not you call the Women center and Children center to reconfirm ?

Dear Apricot,

Thanks for ur reply.
I had my first child at raffles too under Dr Vincent Lee but he has migrated to Australia.
So i need to source for another gynae. Am looking at this forum for any good recomendation lor.

thanks

Hi,

Any mummies tried the 4-beded in Raffles Hospital? Is it crowded? Cost?

Any good gynae to recommed. Package fees?

Thanks

anthea, u can call raffles hosp for an estimate bill size
happy.gif

i am with Dr Thong. there are many other lovely gynaes at Raffles. Which area are u staying? there are some who station near the neighbourhood/work plc too.
happy.gif

average antenatal package is from 2.2k onwards. no sure if there is 2k or not.. but u can always call raffles hosp to check :p they are helpful.

citymum,

my first child was delivered by Dr Vincent Lee at RH too. I e-mailed him for his recommendation for gynae after he migrated to Australia when I conceived my 2nd child. He said Dr Watt was his classmate and he recommended for her to take over the Sengkang Clinic. Anyway, my 2nd child was delivered by Dr Woodworth at TMC.

Comparing RH & TMC, I think TMC is value-for-money. My recovery was faster for my 2nd caesarean. but bill wise, I paid alot more (at least $2k more) from antenatal until delivery! Having said that, if $ is not the issue, RH is less crowded. TMC is like a 'factory' for babies, but a very efficient and caring one

Wan
Is Dr Vincent Lee practising in Perth? If yes, cos i wanna kno whether he does delivery for public patient in ozzy. Cos i was thinking of delivering there..

dear Wan & Citymum,
My gynae was also Dr Vincent Lee before he left & migrated to Australia. I think it was quite "rude" that he did not inform his patients that he was migrating, and just left like that. It was only aft I called up that the nurses told me he left & Dr.Watt took over. I think out of courtesy, he shld at least sound out lah.

Anyway, I'm now seeing Dr. Caroline Khi from TMC. Currently expecting #3.
happy.gif

Hi Carole: Remember me? We were both at the Raffles thread last time?

Oh ya, for those who are thinking of delivering at Raffles, well overall it was a pleasant experience. Guess the hospital is new so the interior looks superb and very modern. I love the delivery suite and it has dimmed lights and a comfortable chair for hubby. Stayed in 4-beder, and the foreign nurses were more friendly than the local ones. Did not get to meet teh lactation consultant though, and i think that time (2005) they din have one.

Total bill aft medisave, Assisted w/ epidural is around 5k. Paid around 2k plus cash.

Went to tour TMC yesterday and saw that the delivery suite was not as cosy as Raffles, probably cos its an old hospital.

Cheers!

ryatie,
this is the link to his homepage:
http://www.mygynae.com/

samval,
I also found out about his migration when I saw the new lady gynae signage outside Raffles clinic when I go compasspoint. TMC not as 'posh' as Raffles of course...

Back