Horrible service at Thomson Medical Centre

mommy_g

Today 19.3,13, the valet staffs made me walk to and fro under the hot sun THREE times. And made my 7 week old baby stay under the hot scorching sun. It was around 11AM.

The staffs at the counter insisted my car is parked outside and the staffs outside insisted they do not have my car key. Finally I found my car and yes it is outside. But apparently my car key is not kept in the box. So we have to look for the car key now but no one attended to us anymore. They pretended to ignore us and attended to other customers while we (including baby) continue to stand under the hot scorching sun.

All these while no one apologised. I asked one of the staffs that they should resume to attend to us. While it is fine that adults stand under the sun, it is not OK to let the baby stay under the hot sun. It was a Malay staff that retorted me, "it is like that.... If you are not happy, talk to my manager."

Fine, so I talked to the so called manager he claimed. It was another Malay who also retorted, the parking at TMC is like that. No aplologises.

It is not the parking, it is because they messed up the system. The valet receipt they issued to me is white colour while the car is parked outside near to the back gate.

Updated
1) "cannot find the car" and "no records of car in their system > The valet person who issued the ticket lost his copy and they do not know whose car it belongs to. So they "just put it in one of the then empty lots".

2) "car key is missing" > because they stuck the key inside the car and not in the key box. After the car was found, no one checked the insides of the car. Some one could have just driven away the car!

This staff who called me apologized, explained to me how they checked the CCTV to identify the rude Valet staffs and then ended with, "you can call me directly if this happens again".

Then again, thanks to the TMC staff who called me and for being so frank.

I hope this won't happen to anyone of you. In any case, this incident can be used as a reference.

Frankly, I don't understand what being Malay has to do with it? Its one thing to vent, and another to be racist. I'm offended, and I'm not Malay.

I think you are mistaken. I never mean to be racist or anything.I merely copy and paste my email to TMC into this forum to share a bad experience.

The valet staff took away my receipt and I did not have the names of the staffs, This is the only available information that I can provide to TMC to investigate further. From this information,, they can check to the rooster and know who were the staffs on duty that time. I do not wish the whole valet team to be reprimanded because of these 2 staffs.

No racism was intended. Hope this clarifies.

Oops! I didn't realise you copied and pasted your letter - ok that definitely clarifies. Sorry if I came across as harsh
happy.gif

Back