Hong Kong Disneyland

Working mom,

Thanks u very much for the advice, will check out the train fare when reach airport
happy.gif

Btw, have u been to Ocean park b4? Saw from TV serial, parents always bring their kids there
happy.gif

Thanks thanks.....really very useful for a "mountain tortise" like me.....really really appreciate yr help.....xie xie
happy.gif

Hey,

Need your advice. If I am arriving there on a evening and staying in Disneyland itself for 2 nights, do you think I should then purchase the tickets for the next day instead of the arrival date ? Then I will have the next day and the following day (check out of hotel) to play in Disneyland

Does anyone know about Royal Plaza in Mongkok ? Is that a good family hotel ?

Hi Encounter85,
The park closes at 7.00 pm with the shops at about 8 pm. Do note also it is more crowded on Sat/Sun. If you are staying at Disneyland, and the promo of 1 day ticket for 2 days at Disney is still on, utilise it. We went on all rides (3-5x for those we enjoyed)and shows, except the roller coaster due to height. Go into Disney early before opening to have breakfast, the Disney characters will come mingle with you and take pictures. If you are on time, may also catch the parade of characters coming out. Do also plan yr dinner at the park before returning to the Disney hotel as there is no room service only some cafes. Enjoy yr trip!

Encounter85,
u can purchase the tix on arrival at your hotel reception, and utilize it the next day and then next next day (must be consecutive 2 days). not sure if this promo is valid for the weekends though. check the disneyland hk website for furhter details.

einstein,
really depends on your budget and criteria (gotta balance quality-location-space with budget).
to stay comfortably, you would need a more spacious room (which HK hotels are notorious for having small space). disneyland hotels have 2 queen beds so will fit you four nicely - but go during weekdays more economical.
HK website:
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl/en_US/ticketsAndReservations/overview?name=AnnualPassPage

i heard nathan is not bad as near MTR and got family room (i.e. 3 single beds).
http://www.nathanhotel.com/en/index.html

Ashley Apartments at Tsimshatsui (3min walk to MTR). Re-Open 2H2007 under ascott mgt
http://www.hotel.com.hk/hotel_eng.php?id=12556

Studio and hostel ensuite - cheap, got family rooms at hostel (which is double bunk beds!)
www.yessinn.com

you need to email them to check...cos should be able to get cheaper rates for 1 week

fyi, besides stroller rental, you can borrow from disneyland hotel the following (i think should be FOC): baby bathtub, bed rails and toilet seat...really child-friendly ah

i hv just booked my tix to hk. 18 jan to 23 jan.

need advise on hotels for 3 adults and 1 child (2yrs)

which is the best option for all to stay in a room ?

tks

wow, seems many mommies going to HK ah.

if u plan to go disneyland, then stay 1-2N there which u can get 30% off with value annual pass (for weekday stay Mon-Thu). plus they have 2 queen size beds in a room (which you can hardly find in any hotels in HK) so can sleepe 3A+1C comfortably.

otherwise, in HK, find those hotels that have family room (i.e. have 3 single beds). for those with proper 3 single beds (rather than an extra rollaway bed), perhaps you can put 2 single beds together and sleep 2A+1C.

carole,
both hotels are practically at the doorstep of disneyland (you can check the hotel locations on the disneyland HK website).
the diff is that disneyland hotel is priced as higher grade (5 star vs 4) hence more expensive then disney.

check out the hotel reviews here (fyi, this is a good forum to check hotel reviews):
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294217-d583732-Reviews-Hong_Kong_Disneyland_Hotel-Hong_Kong.html
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294217-d583733-Reviews-Disney_s_Hollywood_Hotel-Hong_Kong.html

think hollywood is good enough unless u dun mind spending (frankly i prefer hollywood room decor which is more modern).

btw, anyone know if taka or robinsons having 20% sale on Pigeon as i wanna get the baby food packs for travelling?

working: tks for info.. will just stay put in hollywood. cos we decided to book prudential hotel. Frankly me n hb nt very fussy, only worry is my fussy mum
happy.gif

as for packed food, i guess i will source for just a handful of packs cos my girl prefers noodles.. as long as wanton mee and mee with soup, she will eaet.
happy.gif

you can try langham place hotel , they have a kowloon triple and quad rooms. Go to their website to book and can even opt for an early bird 10% discount( book 30days before and if want to cancel must do so 14 days before to avoid 1N hotel penalty)

BTW, anyone knows what the weather will be roughly like in december 2nd week onwards....seems like it is either autumn or winter.

Also i heard from my friends that the disneyland parade is at 3pm and the fireworks is at 7pm

Hi,

Intend to go HK disneyland. Wld like to find out whether there are any activities/rides suitable for 18 mths baby?

As for the hotel, does both Hollywood and Disneyland hotel have 2 queensized bed in their room? I got 4 adults and 1 baby...dun know how many rooms i shld book. Appreciate ur advices!

ino,

yes, both hotels have 2 queen size beds in their rooms (call it the twin or doubl beds room). if u wanna save money and dun mind squeezing a bit, 4 of you can take the room as you can request for bb cot (provided your bb can sleep in the cot cos mine needs to sleep with me on the bed)...but i'm not sure if the hotel will strictly enforced the 4 pax (incl bb) to a room..

Hi working mom,

Am gg HK next week, wonder if it's necessary to buy ticket on line if i go during weekday ? Will there be long queues at the ticket counter on weekday?

Hi Carole,

Can try booking hotel thru Jetabout. I'll be staying at Prince Hotel at TST. Have booked thru Jetabout holidays at the rate of S$222. They're giving me a room with 2 double bed with a baby cot. Juz nice for 5 of us.

hi dtyg,
if you mean the park visit tix for a day, i doubt you need to buy online esp for weekdays (and it is not a public holiday or the dec school holiday period). u can just get it there at the entrance...

fyi, a double queen bed room at disneyland hotel works out to less then S$180/night (30% discount - only for Mon-Thu booking if you get the Value annual pass) if you get one annual pass to book the room....

Working Mom or anyone else,

I will be staying at Ashley Apartments at Tst this mid dec. Want to go Tung Chung Factory Outlet from TST? If you did go there, how did you travel there? Should I be using the Airport Express ticket? Or normal ticket since the Tung Chung station is not an Airport Express station? TIA!

Also can anyone advise how (cost and time-effective) to get to TST from airport at 930pm for 2 adults and 1 2y/o boy? Wondering if I shld take airport express to kowloon and then take a taxi or just take a taxi straight from the airport. Will be quite expensive for the latter option, right? TIA.

just got back from macau + HK disneyland.
the air pollution (+smoking environment in macau) quite bad a few of us got cough and running nose when we came back....

prettycloud,
to go Tung Chung Citygate outlet mall, you can take the MTR train (on the Tung chung line). if u take the airport express, you will need to change to MTR train at Tsing Yi.

i think for the night, you might as well take the taxi straight to the hotel as you would be tired and dun wanna have to lug luggage to train and then catch a cab still...would be about the same time (as should be better traffic at night), cost might be just slightly more (i think cab to kowloon is prob HK$200+)

suelee,
Is it getting cold now? Wondering , cos will be there next week and as disneyland is in the open, wonder how warmly i must dress my kids?
Did you manage to get rent a stroller at disneyland hotel?
Is tung chung citygate outlet worth going? Cos someone said that now there are christmas sale is normal shops as well

it's only colder (10+'C) at night but a warm fleece jacket and long pants would do. daytime when the sun is out (quite harsh so bring a hat/sunglass) is actually fairly warm still.

yep, rent the stroller for HK50/day. but both my kids wanna be carried so it became our bags trolley instead.

yep, if u haven't been to Citygate mall it's worth going for just a few hours (esp if you are staying at disneyland). u can take the train there (only 2 stops away about HK15/pax one way), and a cab back with your purchase (about HK$100). i didn't shop in HK island as no time so dun know if there are any x'mas sale going on....

thanks for both your tips,dtyq & suelee. Wow, did not think it will be that sunny in the day, will bring hats.

BTW, how did you sort out your breakfast at disneyland, i staying there for 3 N, wonder need to do character breakfast every morning or not

the chef mickey breakfast no biggie (we were too full to eat too much)...but since u can get 30% off with advance booking as hotel guests, you can book for one morning breakfast. best to eat at the park where there are more options/variety and ala carte menu. unless u are a big eater, a buffet is quite a waste (and quality was not to my expectations).

we didn't do any character breakfast as the characters will have appearance at our hotel lobby (check their timing) and at the park - though need to Q up 15-30 min just to take a pic with them. we managed to take pics with goofy and pluto. chip and dale, mickey and minnie are very popular characters.

if you intend to spend some time at citygate mall, you can have your lunch/dinner at the food court there. also, the mall has a big supermarket so you can buy some stuff there (e..g extra diapers, fruits, bread, etc) if you need....

can i confirm the time of the parade and fireworks?
Where do you stand to see the fireworks?

Where to eat dinner? at hotel?

u can get the events time schedule at the hotel or park (or even at their website). fireworks is at 8pm. u can see it at the pack in front of the castle, or even at the hotels itself (if u dun wanna rush with the crowd back)....
dinner can be at hotels or park (but close at 8pm)...

i have booked my trip...

18 jan to 21 Jan - Prudential hotel
21 to 23 Jan - Disney hollywood

i have made arrangement for breakfast at Disney hollywood on 22nd Jan.
1. Can anyone share hw to get breakfast for 23rd Jan?
2. i am getting the stay 1 and play 2, so i have to go Disney on 21 & 22 or 22 & 23? I would love to go Da Yu shan to pray or walk ard on 21... loike tt haw?

Anyone gng during that time?

carole,
there is also other restaurant in disney hollywood hotel that serve ala carte. but best u go to the park for breakfast la.

up to u lor....for us, we spent the first day after registration (as we can check in only at 3pm to secure our interconnecting rooms) at citygate mall (we left our luggages with the bell services). then the entire of 2nd day at disneyland (but we went back to the hotel at 7.55pm and caught the fireworks at the hotel entrance as we didn't wanna rush back with the crowd on the shuttle bus), plus the morning on 3rd day at disneyland (go back for more rides per my son's request).....

working: does that mean u paid for the 3rd day admission? i tot u bought the annual pass?

park breakfast? inside the park got breakfast? if yes i can do that on 23rd morning too.

teenie:
prudential hotel: 18 - 21 jan HK$3240 (deluxe room)+HK$400/nite extra bed

Disney Hollywood: 21 - 23 Jan HK$2712(sea View)
Park Ticket(s) for Admission:
A Regular Day Stay and Play for 2 Days ticket costs:
Adult HK$295.00 x 3 adults = HKD$885.00

Pre-arrival Meal Coupon Prices:
Restaurant - Chef Mickey
- Location - Disney's Hollywood Hotel
- Pre-arrival Price - Adult HKD$120 x 3 adults = HKD$360.00

air tix 4 x kris flyer miles.

carole,
yep, we got 2 annual pass since we need to book 2 rooms, but the rest of the group got the day tix which means they can only go in 2 days consecutively (i.e. we went in during day 2 and 3 of our stay)...did u buy one annual pass? because then u can get 30% off your room rates which is very worth it esp since u are staying 2 nights...

go to the disneyland park website and you can see they have quite a few cafe and restaurants inside the park...we had one lunch and one dinner there

working: i already booked my room with hllywood and the tickets too.. no problem.. maybe 23 i will just go walk ard or stay in hotel for some rest.

i will go and find the rest. for food. do u knw any chinese rest outside the disney?

do visit citygate outlet mall at tung chung...just 2 MTR stops away from disneyland park

disneyland park has 1 chinese restaurant that is not bad as we had dinner there (the Q can get very long if u go after 6.30pm) - think it's plaza inn or next to plaza inn.

do visit citygate outlet mall at tung chung...just 2 MTR stops away from disneyland park

disneyland park has 1 chinese restaurant that is not bad as we had dinner there (the Q can get very long if u go after 6.30pm) - think it's plaza inn or next to plaza inn.

u can spent a little time to explore around the hotel...i heard they have a nice big swimming pool with slides for kids....unfortunately we didn't have the time....

why dun u borrow a travel guide from the library to read up first?

basically for shopping:
*shopping malls around causeway bay
*stanley market (children clothes, good to walk around)
*Tung Chung Citygate outlet mall - must go (espirit outlet store, children outlet stores, etc)
*espirit outlet store at tshim sha tsui (near the peninsula hotel)

fun for children
*ocean park
*disney land
*victoria peak?

what to bring along for a 2 yr old?? I packed her bag but i always feel that i m missing something... just dunno what the hell is that.
sad.gif

any item check list?

most impt is your kid's medication (fever, high fever, flu & cough..etc)...plus a warm jacket as it's cold season now...anything else (incl diapers and milk powder) u can easily buy in HK la

hihi, i am in hongkong now! weather is good. at times the wind can make one feel real cold. but i think both my hubby and myself love to just walk without the jackets.

tomolo 2pm checking out of prudential and head to disney by cab.

Guess i am pure lucky this trip. Gotten a FREE upgrade to Duplex suite. Walk lots & Eat lots! asking where i went, i really dunno.. as my hubby friend brought us to many nice places for good food.

tomolo heading to Disney, my girl will be the happiest person. there after will be heading home to my bed in singapore... missing my bed.

The next time i post will be when i comes back. See ya all in Singapore!

Back