Glenn Doman Flash Card Users Corner

hi yin, am thankful to your list..
happy.gif

Hi mummies
I just realise I cant make it to the sistic show I have booked, anyone is interested I am willing to let go at $40 only , standard per ticket is $19. Suitable for 3 yrs n above.

Title of the show: Aesop's fabulous fables
date: 15 March
time: 11 a.m.
venue: Alliance Francaise Theatre
tickets: 3

go to the sistic website for more info..
http://www.sistic . com.sg/portal/ dt?dt.isPortletR equest=true&dt.action=process&dt.provider= PortletWindowPro cessChannel&dt.windowProvider. targetPortletCha nnel=JSPTabConta iner/sEventsCale ndar/Event&dt.containerName= JSPTabContainer/ sEventsCalendar&dt.windowProvider. currentChannelMo de=VIEW&dt.window.portletAc tion=RENDER&contentCode= aesop0309

do sms me at 96952150 or email me for more info
thank
emily

Hi mummies & daddies,

How do we flash the maths dots to your kids? Just flash the 'one' dot & tell him 1, 'two' dots & tell him 2 etc?

What is the intended results? The kids can identify the exact number of dots in one card at one glance after x period of time?

Kindly advise. Thanks.

Hi, I'm keen to either buy or make flashcards for my bb girl. But not too sure how so I'm here to ask for advise.

1. If I buy blank cards (e.g. 300g ones), can I print words on it from my home printer? Would that suffice?

2. For flashcards, is it to print the picture and the word, or just the word alone?

3. Is there anywhere in Singapore which sells quality flashcards at a cheap price? Btw, I've visited the websites, but it's in Chinese and I can't read it.

Would appreciate any feedback regarding the above. Thanks in advance.

Hello!
Can anyone help? My baby does not want to look at the flashcards! I usually put her on the bumbo and flash at her.

Am i doing something wrong? I put her in a room with no distractions.

thanks!

Hi pixy,

She doesn't want to look at the flashcards at all, or she would look at it a short while and look away?

If she doesn't want to look at it at all, perhaps she's sleepy/hungry..or not in her best mood?

For me, I have to catch my 5-mth old baby at the "right mood" so she'll be interested in looking at the cards. At the right time, she'll happily look at the cards at least for 95% of the time.

Just sharing my experience
happy.gif

hi,

i just started teaching maths to my 18mth boy yday. on the contrary, he wans to snatch the cards from me and screams when i when i stop flashing. is tat good or bad?

is there any online website for Glenn Doman's method for teaching kids to read? i wan to borrow the book from library but i'm always one step late. TIA!

Hi Yin,

Can you pls email me the lists as well?

Thanx!!

Btw,I have aldy ordered 250gsm (aft sticking the 80gsm paper that i will be using to print out the contents, total will be 330gsm as recommended by a mummy on kiasu parent.

A5 size: 800 pcs.
A4 size: 500 pcs

Let me know if you would like to share with me.

Price will be at:
$3.30 per 100pcs of A5 size
$6.60 per 100pcs of A4 size
to pay for me to collect from the supplier, will need to take a cab cos of the weight.

Collection point will be at Bukit Gombak Mrt.

Order will only be confirmed when money is received. Please let me know order quantity (in 100s) & size and i email back with the bank account no.

Thank you.

Regards
Claudia Chong

Just to share...Normally my 30mth old girl does not want to look and I try and flash during milk time...and in the morning when she wakes up..

sometimes, I stop for a few weeks because she does not want to look.....sighs,....any pointers?

Hi Yin,

Thanx for the lists! :D

Btw, mummies, im tinkin of ordering 6"x22" and/ or 3"x22" - to write items in the house and paste them on the items and 11"x11" flashcards to do the encyclopedic cards (by pasting photos from magazines) for my baby..

Wondering if any mummies wan to share... Collection will also only be at bukit gombak mrt...

Mummies
I went to read GD books. Thin i feel stressed as i scare i wd do e wrong sequence or teach wrongly. It seems like not easy to prepare n teach. Is there any support gp on this that i can seek clarification on how to prepare the teaching materials.

Hi icyclaw
If i need to order on a regular basis, can i come to u? U can pm me e info.

Hi Yin/other mummies
Can u share e info to my email [email protected].

happy.gif

Hi Simp,

I think one of the books mentioned that no matter how "badly" you do, your baby will still benefit! Of course, it'll be better if you can do it the "better" way.

So I'll encourage you to just go ahead and do it, without worrying that much about doing it the right or wrong way. Anyway the book is merely a guide..you should adjust your method according to your time/baby's response, etc.

I'm also hoping to look for a support group to keep me going..so far I've only joined a yahoo group called "teachyourbabytoread" and the postings have been really useful and encouraging.

Thanks driftingcloud
happy.gif
, i feel better after hearing from u n cooling down from e read. I wd go find out from e thread u provided for more support
happy.gif

I went to call GD office n realised e kits r really not cheap, per kit is abt $660. If i were to get 3 kits, that wd be abt $2k? Hmmm i reaslied e more i find out, e more money i have to set aside for education investment :p I shd think abt it n decide whether i shd go ahead n invest or look for similar alternative/DIY.

Back