! ** Giving birth at Mount Elizabeth Hospital** !

I delivered at Mt E in Dec 2010. Was a pleasant experience. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

hihi, i'll be due for labour at mt e in may!

can i know what are the stuff they provide for labour? e.g. do we have to bring 3-4 baby suits and do they give you the glass feeding bottles for free when you are discharged? how about maternity pads? do they charge for them too?

maybe it'll be helpful if can share what items they charge for that we can avoid paying if we provide them ourselves..thanks!

Hi Ica & Deborah,

I have a friend that gave birth in Mount E couple years back and she mentioned the experience wasnt too good.. facilities are quite old etc.. Also am wondering how much your total bill came up to? Would just like to have a rough guide.

Am thinking of booking a single room instead so that hubby can stay over.. I heard they charge for everything u use.. even like a box of tissue etc..

babycloud, sherlc: my experience was good. the nurses were nice, attentive. i took epidural so the 1st time i got down from bed, the nurse accompanied me to the bathroom and patiently waited for me to finish my business, in case i felt woozy. this is very important, do remember to ask the nurse to be on standby the 1st time you got down from bed after childbirth. i didn't but i guess either my gynae gave the instructions or it's SOP. and indeed, i felt like fainting when i got up from the toilet bowl. and i thot i was strong. so they had to wheelchair me back to my bed - very dramatic. hehe

it's not cheap to give birth in Mt E and yes, they charge you for every thing - diapers for baby, maternity pads (pureen), disposable panty which is washable and reusable (it's very good) - which private hospital don't? but any leftovers, just take home lah. it's not like they charge you sky-high for these stuff. still reasonable.

the delivery suite is quite all right, not old. the rooms are ok; it's not like things are falling apart. haha. no, it's old but well-maintained.

glass bottles - you can request for them. the nurse gave me a big bag. the caps you can get them from Mt E's pharmacy. can check with the nurse where it's located. i think it's level 2?

bodysuits for baby - only need 1 when you're taking baby home. baby wears bodysuit provided by hospital but you can't take them home

pre-made formula milk - you can requests and they'll give you 6 bottles. on standby just in case breast milk hasn't kick in yet when you got home. and they'll provide NUK teats but can be used only once.

when i was there, Mt E was renovating a part of the maternity ward, so i guess you'll be staying in new rooms
happy.gif

i stayed for 4 nights in a single bedder, so my bill came up to quite a sum. my hubby didn't stay with me - i'd buzz for the nurses when i needed assistance.

hi ica! thanks for the info! just to clarify, when u mean they will charge for everything, is the charge already included in the package signed with them or it's additional charges?

i'll remember to take back and request what i can from the hosp before discharge. my MIL says the glass bottles will be good for use
happy.gif

sherlc: i can't remember exactly. anyway the package price - that one is an estimate only. yes, whatever you can get free, just grab. those pre-mixed formula comes in plastic canisters/bottle. you can recycle them to store breastmilk - quite useful

happy delivery!
happy.gif

ica
just to check if we need to bring our own PJs?
cos when i delivered there in 2007 and 2009, they do have gowns opened at the side for easy breastfeeding.
But last week i went to do pre admission, on the envelope of things to bring, they stated to bring 2 gowns with front openings.
So i'm wondering if they still do provide the gowns with side openings.

hihi jas, i'm not too sure but maybe can contribute what i know..i did pre-admission there last week too and asked casually if i can bring back the nursing gowns that the hospital provides, and the staff said nope. so i assume they will provide the gowns for us if we prefer not to wear our own.

not too sure though. i'm due quite soon and if it happens within these few days, i'll update this space =)

Hi! I delivered in Sep 2010 at Mt Elizabeth. Yes, they do provide nursing gowns. I brought my own PJs along but didn't get to use them.
happy.gif

My little girl was born there as well... basically overall experience is rather pleasant ... From the delivery ward right to discharge :)

Gave birth there in 2008, overall it was a good experience. The nurses were very attentive and reassuring, they checked up on me regularly and will remind me of the lactation classes and baby care they have daily. Gowns are provided so you do not need to bring your own. Just bring 1 set of going home clothes for baby. Maternity pads etc I remember were part of the package. I will be returning to Mt. E again for my #2

Services & staffs are good in Mt E. BUT the parking fee is way too expensive.Stayed there 3 days and my hubby spent S$150+ just on Parking fee alone.

wow.. SGD 150+ just on parking is very expensive.
But I was told husbands are given complimentary parking after child birth.. Guess that might help?

Well am couting day to the days baby is coming. pretty nervous and excited.

Thanks all for your comment and I guess my stay with them will be a pleasent one. =)

Hi Caitlin - not sure about the exact cost... am due tomorrow.. so i guess i should have the costing later in the week..

I am seeing Dr Yeoh Swee Choo at mount E.

yes confirmed got the complimentary carpark coupon...

i delivered early this year and they credit my hubby car 3 day parking wor.... but u need to ask for it and fill up the form etc...

so far no complain...service very good in Mt E
happy.gif

I delivered my first child in Mt A and second child in Mt E. Love the lactation consultant at Mt E, and I was more successful in breastfeeding. for mothers who wants to TBF, join the lactation class! ;)

Yes they have.. They have weekday n weekend.
Thanks for all the replies. The experience with Mount E is great and I agree with lemlynn. Their lactation consultant is gd!

Admitted once for premature contractions and second was when i Delivered in oct 2011. The senior nurses are very nice and they really make sure you feel at home and comfortable. I did not attended any prenatal classes but the nurses at the delivery suite were very assuring, encouraging and gave clear guidance when I needed to push. Definitely recommend to stay in mt e. They recently renovated so was quite ok. The meals were very tasty too.

I need to make a quick decision of delivery place, but all depends on the PRICE. thanks a lot for your comments

i gave birth in 2010 May for #1 in Mt E via C-section. cost abt $10k (before medisave)

I will be giving birth to #2 in mind Nov this year. Had also chosen Mt E. Service is very good. Lactation consultant very nice..

Back