Dr Lawrence Ang @ Sun Plaza

Hi Cookie gals/Elle,
My boss is a young lady. I know i shld ignored but she said in such a manner that I cant really stand. Anyway, i didnt show or tell my colleagues that my hb bought for me...and she juz comment like that.

Hey cookie, me in my 7+ week too....are you feeling nausea now? Hv any morning sickness? Me feel tired most of the time and dun wish to work...like no mood to work.

Hi Elle,

No lah... I only visit him after I found out I'm preggie. But almost all the patients that I see there are at least 5+ month preggie (I think), so they all have their tummies showing liao, except me!

jenny,

Talking abt epidural.. Ever since the 6hours painful experience i had during my last delivery i'm considering taking epidural leh..

Although Dr ang highlighted to me tat i will hv to go for c-sec for my future deliveries but then when i think abt the recovery stage of C-sec..is a nitemare to me.. How i wish i cld be like you gals delivery naturally..

So this time round i may request Dr ang to let me try naturally with epidural lor.. Cos mine is really painful.. My boy's head tat time got stuck one side at my pelvis bone.. Very unbearable pain..

Hi Jas,

Hmmm...maybe your lady boss jealous. She could be thinking how come she's your boss but yet cannot afford the same type of jewellry as you? Or maybe she's just having an off-day. Anyway, just ignore her.

I do get nausea attacks almost daily. Gotta watch what I eat or do to minimise attacks. Eg, reading on MRT will make me nauseous etc. I felt tired easily when I was 4-6 wks preggie (also because I stopped drinking coffee), but now I'm much better. After I found out I was preggie, I also started going to bed 1 hr earlier, so maybe that helps as well.

Elle, remember my complications when I delivered my gal? I also want to try natural delivery this round. Though Dr Ang warned me to opt for C-section for my 2nd one. But your boy is C-section, this round can opt for natural? Though I know still can go for natural but most gynaes seems to prefer C-section hor?

honeymum,
I remembered my 1st gal, I din tell Dr Ang where I want to deliver cos I opt for TMC. If you want other hospital, you need to check with or inform Dr Ang early.

Hello Jas & Honeymum,

i saw Dr Ang last Friday.

He's very friendly & take patient to answer all my qns.
He can deliver at any hospital you choose.
Just let him know in advance.

For natural birth...just fork out $200 cash & deduct the rest fm medisave.
For c-section, $500 cash & deduct bal fm medisave.
This is the pricing Dr Ang code for TMC.

Hello Jenny,

Dr Any did another scan for me....
Cfm my EDD is 08/09/06.
I'm in my 9 wk & bb is now 32 mm.

i dun remember my mensus date exactly cos i dun keep track...i just used a estimate....
Sori for the confusion.

Hello Jas,

If you r gg to see Dr Ang at his clinc at Sembawang.
The add is:

Sun Plaza
30 Sembawang Dr
#03-06 Singapore 757713
Tel: 6753 5228
Mon - Fri: 10am to 4.30pm
Wed: 10 am to 1pm (no afternoon clinic)
Sat: 9 am to 1 pm
Sun/PH: Closed
Night Clinic: Mon, Wed, Fri: 5 pm to 9 pm

Do be there early and pls remember to make a appt.
Place is very small & it's very pack....

Hello Jas,

i do miss once every few mths.
So i got tired of keeping track.
Also becos i was not really "trying" to concieve.

Just think it's a gift fm God.

So need not pressurized ourselves.

Hi mtblynne,
Looking forward to see Dr Ang then.
The package is really cheap, so all in all open $750? Does this includes scan or test and also, the delivery fees? Hospital bill as well? Sorry, me dunno anything and pls help me all the mum out there

Jas,

The pkg does cover some test.
But for scan, i'm not too sure.

Anyway, Dr Ang only charge $20 when he did a scan for me....

The delivery fee is included in the $200 cash and bal deduct fm medisave for TMC hospital bill.

It's alright...i'm almost as new as u r...

Also learning new things day by day...

so will cheer each other along the way.

Btw...happy V day.

wow so CHEAP? u sure?

Hi Jenny, u went thru before, so can i say to reserve $1000 for the whole pregnancy with be sufficient? Pardon me hor, coz very new mum lah.

Happy V day too Mtbs...

hi mtblynne, nvrmind, i wil check with him when i see him in 2 weeks time.

Hey, u got any findings to share with me? Me very busy coz always have to help my fellow colleague as she is always on MC! think worst than Preggy mummy

Hello Jas,

My gal friends say she will lend me her "baby bks".
A bks abt the stages of pregnancy & babies....very informative.

Do u have morning sickness?

i dun hv any of it at all (touch wood).
Guess all the exercise does pay off.
i'm healthy as a ox per Dr Ang.

Hi Jas, mtblynne,
I remembered I've a chart on the size of the bb in terms of week but I left it in office. Let me see if I can find when I'm back in office.

Actually the package, if there is no change, is $550, which include all visits to Dr Ang and medicines till you deliver. You have to pay extra for triple test, detailed scan, blood test and other tests that you require. The normal scan at Dr Ang's clinic is included in the package. Delivery fees is NOT under this package.

For hospital bills, it will depends on your room (eg. 1 bedded, 2 bedded or 4 bedded). Note this, if there is any complication with either mother or baby, and you are in 1 bedded, both bills for mother and baby will be charged as 1 bedded charges. For Dr Ang, he will also you to book for 4 bedded and he will upgrade you to 2 bedded (you pay for 4 bedded charges and stay in 2 bedded room, understand?).

For my 1st delivery in Feb 2005, I had complications due to internal blood clot. Hence, I stayed at TMC for 5D4N. I had natural delivery without epidural. Stayed in 2 bedded room. My total cash paid to TMC after Medisave is $600+. According to Dr Ang, if there is no complication (which caused me undergo an operation to remove the blood clot), I only needed to pay $100+ cash.

So Jas, $1000 is enough for hospital bill, provided you have natural birth without complications. Eg, stay 2 or 4 bedded room and BB is ok etc. Even for C-section, I think is enough cos you have Medisave to deduct. Dr Ang will helps you to save the cost. If I remember correctly, epidural cost $600 per jab?

mtblynne,
Dun worry if bb now too big or small, the last stage is more accurate in terms of size. If too big, Dr Ang will tells you to eat less keke...

Jas, when are you going to see Dr Ang? I plan to go next week, will call for appt later.

Where do you both stay? I stayed at Sembawang, so I will visit Dr Ang's clinic at Sun Plaza.

Hello Jenny,

i'm staying at Choa Chu Kang and i work at Newton.
So i pass by Sembawang mrt twice daily.
Plus Dr Ang got nite clinic.
So i can save on the half day leave.

Hi Jas,

One thing came to mind.

Do try to remove ur wedding band now & then.

Coz i got a ex-colleague who did not remove hers and by the time she's in labour.
Her hands r so swollen, they had to saw it off.
She cried....so poor thing.

Hi mtblynne,

I think Dr Ang can issue MC if you have a day appointment with him? Of course, if you can't take the MC, then night clinic will be better.

mtblynne,
I heard CCK also got a gynae quite popular. How come you dun see him instead? If you are seeing Dr Ang at daytime, can request for mc to cover for the day.

Hi Gals,
But cant be on MC too frequent rite? like my coll who is always sick (dun like sick) and those who cover her like myself is very siong. If we feel ok, shld go to work coz i'm a victim before, so know it feels. my opinion lah, no offend pls.

Hello Cookie,

Tks for the info.

Hi Jas,

i understand where u r coming fm.

We work on buddy system too.
But i & "buddy" not close at all.
She the super healthy type.
Dun think she will be "happy" if i go on MC too often.

So better go for nite clinic.

shalom Jenny,

i saw review abt Dr Adrian of CCK.
But over all, Dr Ang seems better.
Plus i feel comfortable after consulting him.
So i did not check out Dr Adrian.

i

sound abit exagerrating tho...sawing the ring
happy.gif
just find its funny but thanks for your advice

Jas, of cos can't be too frequent to be on MC. But medicial checkup should be excused. My work, if I'm on MC, no one will cover me. Even when I on maternity leave for 3 mths, no one will cover as well, even if there is, they won't do all the job for me. Ended I still have to clear the work myself. I'm the only stupid one who did everything for others.

I just went to see Dr Ang this morning cos I was feeling very bad. My next appt is on 10th Mar.

mtblynne,
I see, I was thinking why you travel to Sembawang to see Dr Ang instead of going to your nearby gynae.

Actually for the ring hor, I remove it once preggie. Firstly is blood circulation. Secondly is because my hands/fingers/feets swollen like nobody business, so since then, I stopped wearing rings.

Jenny,

i remove my band daily as a matter of habit.
I only put it on b4 i leave the house.
i dun wan to risks dropping it into the washer like my BIL.
Image he got to wait till his washer wear off, tear it apart to find his ring.
He dare not even tell the wife abt it.

mtblynne,
I used to remove the ring daily, only wore when I'm outside. I even removed it in office.

You reminded me... My hb lost his ring into the toilet bowl few years back... and that ring cost over $1K. So ended up, we bought another new pair, lagi more ex...

Jas,
Yes but provided there is no compliations to mother or baby. If not, the bill is something that we won't be wanting to see.

If I'm stopping at 2 kids, this time round, I will opt for 1 bedded.

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the effort.

i opt to stay at 2B.
Cos i like co.....
Anyway....we will only be there for 2 nite?

mtblynne,
Most ppl are 2 nite, if there is no complications. I like company also, but sometimes is the visitors who are noisy.

So mtblynne, I think the $550 is not correct lor. Coz I went see him yest and what Jenny said is correct, not inclusive of delivery and hospital charges.

So all MTBS, hows everyone now? Me feeling nausea every morning, wanted to vomit but nothing come out, is it normal? The feeling is so cham....

HI MTBs/mummies,
I got called from TMc nurses that Dr Ang is going for his reservist.

Were u all informed?

He's on reservist on the week of 16th Mar... If I remembered correctly... cos I heard Mdm Chan shifted some appts to other dates when I was at the clinic last week.

Jas, $550 is only the normal package for checkup with Dr Ang, not inclusive of extra tests and delivery charge lah.

Hello Jas,

How u coping with ur work now?
Lady boss still gave u problem?

I meet one of Dr Ang patient last Sat at the Clinic.
She said she delivered at TMC, stay at 1 bedrm for 2 days, normal delivery,
Her bills came up to $4k.

Mommies,

can i check with u something?
Do Dr Ang refer u to do detailed scan in TMC?
Is it a 3D scan?
Is the amt inclusive in the package?

Ok, thanks, mtblynne.

hong, detailed scan will be carried out at 5mth months at TMC. I'm not sure is 3D cos I did mine last round in Year 2004 and is 2D only, I paid $110 + 5% GST. Amt is excluded in the package cos it is optional. But Dr Ang will strongly encouraged.

Back