Dr Charles Lim Mt E

Thanks angeleeyore,

i am a little bit sad yesterday. but i am better today. I will consider Plan B if i have few mature eggs this cycle.
how r you now?
Good luck to you for this cycle.. baby dust to you.. =)
I have to go see dr lim every week to have injection.. so far everything was fine..

Hi all,
A friend who was seeing Dr Charles Lim got pregnant before she did IVF, but can I just ask what is Plan A or Plan B? so meaning after assessing the patient, ladies with no major issue will be given plan A? I could see that his cost is even more expensive than the current one i'm seeing at Mount E as well.

Today just been to his office... saw another lady just got a BFP. She so happy... hope and wish will be me in 2 weeks time ! Wish me luck too angeleeyore.

Hi New to this forum,
I just made appointment to see dr lim this coming Monday as I have HSG test in the morning so the nurse asked me to come around 12 noon. My family plan start very late I should say as we only trying for about a year with no result and now I am 39 yo!!! Read all the good comment about him in this thread, but I am not sure how young you all ladies are :( compare with my age, wonder if I ask to start directly with Plan B, he will approve or not as I really do not want to waste time anymore,
Came across his name few weeks late, coz I am now on my D4, read some of you who seeing him start medication on D2 and see him on D8 for scanning.
is anyone here start with him directly with Plan B? btw how much is plan A cost?
thks for the input from you all

Hi New to this forum,
I just made appointment to see dr lim this coming Monday as I have HSG test in the morning so the nurse asked me to come around 12 noon. My family plan start very late I should say as we only trying for about a year with no result and now I am 39 yo!!! Read all the good comment about him in this thread, but I am not sure how young you all ladies are :( compare with my age, wonder if I ask to start directly with Plan B, he will approve or not as I really do not want to waste time anymore,
Came across his name few weeks late, coz I am now on my D4, read some of you who seeing him start medication on D2 and see him on D8 for scanning.
is anyone here start with him directly with Plan B? btw how much is plan A cost?
Hi yukiari.. my first appointment with dr lim tat time about D6.. den he start medicine on me already.. i think usually he will ask to starts with plan A first.. but if u wan plan B i think he wont reject.. is really up to u.. =)
My plan A cost about close to $800.. coz of the injection given..

Hi New to this forum,

hi yukiari,

my plan A cost me 1k to 1.5k per cycle. It depends on how many injections dr lim gave to you base on your situation. i think you can start plan B directly if you want. But you and your hb has to do some tests first. Dr lim told me Plan B only got 5% more chance than plan A.

Hi all,
A friend who was seeing Dr Charles Lim got pregnant before she did IVF, but can I just ask what is Plan A or Plan B? so meaning after assessing the patient, ladies with no major issue will be given plan A? I could see that his cost is even more expensive than the current one i'm seeing at Mount E as well.

hi Jenlam,

Plan A is medication + injection only
Plan B is IUI
May i know which doctor you are seeing now? and how much is the cost?

Thanks

Hi Angeleeyore and Joyce
thks for the input. Met him today , first appointment , same as what mentioned in the previous thread, what he said quite similar :)
but come to plan , he mentioned plan A is about $ 500 and plan B is about $2500 , I was abit confuse and think how come plan A sounds so much cheaper compare with what you all discuss here , but anyway he only gave me metformin as he said I have PCOS and ask me to start with duinum next month and tell him if I still will go directly with plan B or start with plan A first. :(

Hi Angeleeyore and Joyce
thks for the input. Met him today , first appointment , same as what mentioned in the previous thread, what he said quite similar :)
but come to plan , he mentioned plan A is about $ 500 and plan B is about $2500 , I was abit confuse and think how come plan A sounds so much cheaper compare with what you all discuss here , but anyway he only gave me metformin as he said I have PCOS and ask me to start with duinum next month and tell him if I still will go directly with plan B or start with plan A first. :(
Hi Yukiari, I spend $400++ for my plan A. Is much depends on how many injection you need. I have 3 jabs last month and I took femera instead of clomid due to allergy. The nurse say the femera is more expensive then clomid.

Hi Angeleeyore and Joyce
Hi yukiari.. is really depend on how many jab given.. i was given 6 jab for plan A and 10 jab for plan B.. tats y become so expensive..

Yes and type of injection that he prescribed. My plan b this month cost me $3k plus. Injection - $900
Iui - $1400
Sperm wash - 190
Done 2 x iui once on sat and review on Monday but follice still there that y do another round of iui. So this month cost us about $3200

Hi Angeleeyore and Joyce

His Yukiari, I am only 1 year younger than u. Whether to start on plan b let Dr lim decide for you. He will see ur follice size and quantity to decide which plan more suitable. But just to stand by for plan b better do the necessary blood test.

Hi, I started seeing dr lim in late feb. He told me I got pcom and put me on metaformin and clomid on D3 for 5 days. I just went back to him last week twice for two gonal f jabs. On mon when I went back to him for review, he say 1 of my follicle is ard 16mm, told me to have sex on tue and thur. On mon he asked if I wan twins and if yes, he will give me another jab. I was shocked. He say it will increase the chances of twins and pregnancy. I pondered and refused. Firstly, my stomach was Abit bloated already, so he say better not. Secondly, I already have a kid, so he recommends not giving, unless I dun have kids at all.
Btw, I'm 32 this yr.
do u all realize dr lim clinic got a lot of foreigners? Even the sop in a paper oso mentioned something like U may return to your home country after the procedure. Den the photo album he always shows me mostly from Indonesia. Den he will oso refer to the guy as mr. Sperm, etc..

Hi, I started seeing dr lim in late feb. He told me I got pcom and put me on metaformin and clomid on D3 for 5 days. I just went back to him last week twice for two gonal f jabs. On mon when I went back to him for review, he say 1 of my follicle is ard 16mm, told me to have sex on tue and thur. On mon he asked if I wan twins and if yes, he will give me another jab. I was shocked. He say it will increase the chances of twins and pregnancy. I pondered and refused. Firstly, my stomach was Abit bloated already, so he say better not. Secondly, I already have a kid, so he recommends not giving, unless I dun have kids at all.
Btw, I'm 32 this yr.
do u all realize dr lim clinic got a lot of foreigners? Even the sop in a paper oso mentioned something like U may return to your home country after the procedure. Den the photo album he always shows me mostly from Indonesia. Den he will oso refer to the guy as mr. Sperm, etc..

Hi Jasumine,

Yes alot of foreigner in his clinic. Is common, if you go to popular DR every where is foreigner and long Q. Ya and the Mr Sperm Man that he is so proud of.. hehehe

What is the story of Mr. Sperm man?

Hi YoYo,

Strange he did not intro u Mr Sperm man on ur first visit ? hehe than ur man's sperm must be very healthy...
This Famous Sperm man, sperm is not so good ... but after cooling effective, n wearing track pants for 3 months his wife got preggie natually.
that why Dr lim name him Sperm man.... hehehe

Haha. Dr lim very funny. He always say mr sperm got 5 million sperms, after 3 tries succeed Liao. Dun even need IVF. Cos my hubby SA results not so good, but still better than me sperm

Hi joyce.. how r u?
hi angeleeyore,

Not so good. Dr lim suggested my hubby to do blood test and sperm analysis next cycle. cos he only saw one sperm when he checked for me on Monday. And that only sperm was not moving.
Dr lim said there should be many many sperm inside me because we had sex on Sun as scheduled by him. So i don't put any hope on this month. Actually my hubby did sperm analysis in KKH around one year ago and the result is fine. I really don't know what is happening now.

Anyway i am thinking to take a break because i have been trying for 4months and i think my body need to rest.

Yes and type of injection that he prescribed. My plan b this month cost me $3k plus. Injection - $900
Iui - $1400
Sperm wash - 190
Done 2 x iui once on sat and review on Monday but follice still there that y do another round of iui. So this month cost us about $3200

Hi Angiebee,

What? You did 2 IUI? i thought only need to do one time IUI.

Hi Angeleeyore and Joyce

Hehe... $500 is only consultation fee not include medication and injection. haha....

Hi gals. anyone use Medisave for IUI in Dr lim's clinic? I understand government said we can use up to S$15k for Assisted Conception Procedures.
anyone know more details about it?

Hi gals. anyone use Medisave for IUI in Dr lim's clinic? I understand government said we can use up to S$15k for Assisted Conception Procedures.
anyone know more details about it?
Hi Joyce,

Think that is for govt hospital de...not sure but can ask the lovely nurse there

hi angeleeyore,

Not so good. Dr lim suggested my hubby to do blood test and sperm analysis next cycle. cos he only saw one sperm when he checked for me on Monday. And that only sperm was not moving.
Dr lim said there should be many many sperm inside me because we had sex on Sun as scheduled by him. So i don't put any hope on this month. Actually my hubby did sperm analysis in KKH around one year ago and the result is fine. I really don't know what is happening now.

Anyway i am thinking to take a break because i have been trying for 4months and i think my body need to rest.
Sperm also can be seen a?

hi angeleeyore,

your hubby did not repeat the sperm test with dr lim again during the first visit?
My hubby did it at KKH around 1 year ago too.. but dr lim still want him to repeat again during our first visit..
U never consider plan B?
Still can check and see got sperm inside anot ya.. i didnt know..

your hubby did not repeat the sperm test with dr lim again during the first visit?
My hubby did it at KKH around 1 year ago too.. but dr lim still want him to repeat again during our first visit..
U never consider plan B?
Still can check and see got sperm inside anot ya.. i didnt know..

huh? he never checked for you meh? why I am so special?

huh? he never checked for you meh? why I am so special?
Hi Joyce,

He got check that for me before... He also let us see them... he also let us see the sperm before sperm wash and after wash different.

Actually if there is no sperm is easier, a simple opts on the man will solve all problem. My friend sis hubby also same problem. After the opts they have 2 beautiful kids natually.

Hi Joyce,

He got check that for me before... He also let us see them... he also let us see the sperm before sperm wash and after wash different.

Actually if there is no sperm is easier, a simple opts on the man will solve all problem. My friend sis hubby also same problem. After the opts they have 2 beautiful kids natually.

hi angiebee,

Anyway i decided to send hubby to see him if i failed this cycle. So far, my hubby has not checked by him yet.

Hi Joyce,

Actually the part i dont understand is hubby's semen analysis report done in KKH one year ago is fine. i don't know why it becomes like this.

Actually the part i dont understand is hubby's semen analysis report done in KKH one year ago is fine. i don't know why it becomes like this.
Hi Joyce

Different lab different result one...we got test before say there is zero sperm also, but Dr lim also nvr ask to us to do sperm test.

Hi gals

Took me quite a while to decide to share this here. I hope I not sabotage here.

After all the good reviews (the few girls who started this thread), I am very motivated and was full of positive thinking I will success under him just like the few girls who started this thread.

I have failed plan A treatments.

The last visit, I shared with him I do not wish to drag any further and thinking to proceed to NUH for IVF. Without thinking, he encouraged me to go for ivf instead. He mentioned things like my age issue and hubby sperm issue, and he can recommended me doctor in the NUH. I replied him I already gotten referral letter from polyclinic. I asked him if NUH good? His replies was everyone is the same. Even he is the same. This statement he was frank enough I would say. Thinking about it, it is true that almost all doctor use the same fertility treatment - clomid, some with added gonal f.........

I am thinking if he really think my age and sperm issues are problem in getting pregnant base on plan A (clomid + gonal F), then why he let me try... since it will not going to sucess in the more 'natural' way. Shld have just ask me take up ivf in public hospital during the 1st visit....

Anyway i do not have any hard feeling against him too...

:)

Hi gals

Took me quite a while to decide to share this here. I hope I not sabotage here.

After all the good reviews (the few girls who started this thread), I am very motivated and was full of positive thinking I will success under him just like the few girls who started this thread.

I have failed plan A treatments.

The last visit, I shared with him I do not wish to drag any further and thinking to proceed to NUH for IVF. Without thinking, he encouraged me to go for ivf instead. He mentioned things like my age issue and hubby sperm issue, and he can recommended me doctor in the NUH. I replied him I already gotten referral letter from polyclinic. I asked him if NUH good? His replies was everyone is the same. Even he is the same. This statement he was frank enough I would say. Thinking about it, it is true that almost all doctor use the same fertility treatment - clomid, some with added gonal f.........

I am thinking if he really think my age and sperm issues are problem in getting pregnant base on plan A (clomid + gonal F), then why he let me try... since it will not going to sucess in the more 'natural' way. Shld have just ask me take up ivf in public hospital during the 1st visit....

Anyway i do not have any hard feeling against him too...

:)

Hi tweetyphy,

how many cycles you tried for plan A? i guessed because you told him you don't want to drag any further , that's why he agreed that you should proceed to ivf because the success rate is much higher than his plan A (10 %- 15%). For younger couples, he may suggest try few more rounds of plan A. during your first visit, maybe he thought you don't want to jump to last resort -ivf and wanna try your luck with plan A first.

i am also thinking proceed to ivf if i failed maybe another 2 cycles of plan A. btw , how is your NUH ivf? Why you choose NUH rather than KKH?

Back