Delivery at KKH...

L

lalithashekar

Hi Friends,

Anyone recently given birth at KKH, can share...

1) Hospital Bill price and deposit for the 4 Bedder(B1) and 1 bedder(A1)?

2) Things to pack for KKH?

3) What are the things given to us at KKH upon delivery?

4) Any other things to keep in mind while being admitted, delivery and discharge?

Thanks in advance for sharing...

Hi!

1) I stayed in 6 Bedder(B2), so unsure!

2) Toiletries, clothes to wear home, baby clothes, swaddle, mitten& booties.

3) They're provide disposable panties& pads. Baby diapers too.

4) Nothing else, they'll do everything for you!

Good luck in your delivery!

hi,

1)I just delivered on 7Jan and stayed in A1.

I had C-section and stayed from 7-10Jan. I stayed for an extra nite...

The deposit was abt 2k plus, but have yet to receive the total bill. Might hit 7-8k before medisave...

2/3)At A1, they provided me with everything from Toiletries (handsoap, bath gel, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, face towel, comb. There is hair-dryer, robes, towels as well. There's boxes of facial tissue. They also provide 2 types of maternity pads (loops and stick-on), disposable panties, 82pc pigeon wet wipes, a full pack of bb diapers.

Only need to bring- clothes to go home for yourself and baby.

Oh, bring lots of huge paper/plastic bags to bring your gifts back from visitors.

In case u're KS like me, I did my bb's birth cert during my stay there. Remember to bring yrs/hubby's nric, marriage cert along. + your admission kit booklet + your kkh pink appt booklet for convenience for your gynae to write her next appt for you.

Good luck!

Hi Elim n belle, care to share who yr gynae is? I del all my 3 kids in kkh but last yr my gynae move to tmc n I dun reali like d service thr. Hence considering chg gynae but hv no reference.

starfruit: nope,they didn't give those, but it's available if you ask. They're using medela stuff, but I think it's chargeable. I've yet to receive my bill. No bath tub or robe for bb to bring home. But all provided for use during stay in hospital.

Babybang: Dr Irene Chua

eh , can share with me also ?

elimguo (elimguo) : how much cash u pay , wonder how much cash must pay for 6 bedder ?

1 bedder ? can bring my dotter to stay overnite ? hehehe , some kind of seperate anxiety ...

Hi Siok Mei,

For Csec (premier package), I paid deposit of $2607 for 3Days package (A1 single bedder). According to the document, my estimated bill size is $6557 before medisave claim. I believe for csec, the total claimable is $3950. I've yet to receive my final bill from hospital. I extended 1N from my package and was discharged only on 10Jan.

For normal delivery with same premier package (A1 bedder, 2Days only), deposit is $2080. Estimated bill size is $4180, medisave claim is up to $2100.

Hope it helps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

HI,

I'm giving birth next month and we already signed up for the A1 normal delivery (premier package).

Additional info:-

The estimated bill size for baby bill is $450-1300.

If you discharge eariler, they will refund you the room rates only. U can claim medisave of $450 if you extend 1 more nite same goes for your BB.

For more information, I would recommend that you check with the admission office because she can provide you more info. ^^v

My gynae is also Dr Irene Chua.

Hi, im 32weeks preg n i just ask for transfer from Kkh subsidized clinia to clinic A gynae dr irene chua. N my 1st appt on 18feb. Anyone can advised me wats the charges for normal delivery Ward B1 and how much do i have to deposit?

Yup... i also interested to know roughly how much will be the bill size for B1 ward??? Cos i also from clinic C change to clinic A. Seeing Dr John Tee. i was advised that i need to bring along $902 upon arrival for deposit... now, i have to wait till first week feb for my hubby pay... cos we gt no savings... =( my edd is 23 feb...

My wife will b admitted to hospital on this coming sunday....

Any of ur husband staying with u for the stay of A1 ward?Jus want to check if husband sleeping there will be comfortable?

Hi all, I have paid the deposit for A1 class ward(which is 1bedded ward). As my gynae is Prof John Tee I can only choose A1 or B1(4bedded ward). So I choose a 1bedded ward so that my hubby can stay over too. Total ward and doc fees is 4180. After medisave deduction, I still need to topup 2080bucks cash. The package inclusive of 2nights stay and my gynae will check on me after I give birth but not other on duty doc. The amount has not include epidural etc inside the delivery suite. That fees is only for you, baby is not included.

If you are staying in a A1 class your baby will follow your status and stay in A1 class baby ward too. But after some understanding A1 and B1 class for baby is the same. Haha.. The baby just follow mummy's ward class. The amount is different for baby A1 and B1 too. For mine is 1200bucks after medisave also need to topup 300bucks cash. Same thing, that have not include your baby addition jab etc.

And I am checking in to kkh on thursday night 9.30pm for induce. I feel like I have wasted for 1 night.

But my gynae schedule me to check in on thursday night 9.30pm. Got no choice but to waste 1 night staying inside the hospital.

Does anyone know what is the checkin time in kkh so as for them to consider as 1 night stay?

And do we need to pay the additional amount straight away after we discharge on the actual day or the bill will mail over to us?

Hope my info helps..

Hi der, i delivered my baby at KKH last Aug, stayed at B1 (4 bedder). its gd enuf cuz nty tym bb wouldn't b wif u. its gonna b in the nursery. Had mine C-section. b4 delivery paid $1278 deposit. was admitted frm 10/08/2010 - 14/08/2010. total bill, including for bb came up to nearly $8k bt everytin was covered. any further clarification can email me at [email protected] thanx

Edwin: The hubby's "bed" is the huge leather red couch. Almost as big as big as single size bed. They will provide pillow,bedsheet,blanket.

Xiaopang:

Does anyone know what is the checkin time in kkh so as for them to consider as 1 night stay?

Ans: 12mn

And do we need to pay the additional amount straight away after we discharge on the actual day or the bill will mail over to us?

Ans: Will receive after 2weeks in mail.

elimguo: So the gynae has asked my wife to admit at 10am for induce,does it mean that the ward stay start at 10am?And i know that we can discharge either 11.30am or 5pm,so if for normal delivery,it is be 2 days stay..So when will the discharge time be?

Edwin: Hi, i don't think so. The room/bed is usually reserved for you already by 12mn. For myself, my surgery was scheduled at 730AM, i received a call a day before to go straight to my ward at 5AM to settle in.

I guess it's better NOT to admit at 12mn becos u and yr wife can get a good sleep in yr own home before heading to the hospital, if nt it'll be sleepless there because of the anxiety/excitement. Your gynae prob chose a convenient time for himself to be at your wife's delivery, even for myself, my first appt was 12pm for surgery, but at my gynae's request, it became 730AM. So i just followed suit for everyone's convenience.

Even with induction, there can still be a long waiting time, depending on how fast yr wife womb take to the (induction)pill and contracts.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

They do not count ward at time u admit unfortunately. It's by the day. Yes, we can only discharge at 1130 or 5pm. I chose to discharge at 1130, but by the time the paperwork all done, i finally only left at 1plus. They won't chase u out...can take your time.

p/s: It is rather cold in the room, pls bring a jacket, my hubby was thankful for his during his 3 nights there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

HI starfruit~

Sorry for the late reply...

This is what i meant as below..

****quote from KK***

Medisave can be used to pay medical expenses incurred by the Medisave account holder and his/her immediate family members. The withdrawal limit for Medisave is SGD$450 per day for daily inpatient hospital charges and this includes a maximum of SGD$50 for doctor's daily attendance fees.

****quote***

If you extend another day, u can withdraw up to $450 per day.

wow having headache after reading this form lolx.

need alot of $$$ to delivery a child.

I think mine will be worse cos I'm going for IVF. Need prepare up to 10k cash for the baby.

Anyone out there do IVF before??

Hi,

I am still deciding which gynae and hospital to go. Some say KK... some say TMC.. my friend strongly recommended KK as it is their own hospital and they will wait till my baby is ready for delivery.

See, my friend's cousin was admitted to TMC, she was in labour already. Waiting for about 17 hours then her gynae told her for her own safety, to deliver via C-section. She was like- no choice then. On the other hand, my friend herself (wanted normal delivery), signed up with KK and her gynae told her that the hospital can wait for as long as 48hours. In addition, as she is a heavy smoker, before she signed up with other gynae (associate doc with TMC), that if she ever has any complication during her delivery, what will the hospital do? The answer is "we will transfer you to KK hospital and the fees will be 4 times more the moment we wheel you out of the hospital (TMC)." So my friend thought- what the hell? then I might as well go straight to KK??

Anyone out there has such experience?? So which hospital is better? I do not need nice scenery after birth, I want a hospital who really provide safety for my baby and not rush me to go for C-section.

Hi,

Yupz, its true that if u have any complication, the private hospital will transfer you to KK because KK has all the equipments there.

I gave birth last month and my experience in KK was quite gd and smooth. Each person experience in labor is different and it depends on the situation at that time.

For me, when i first admitted, my cervic opened up to 4cm only and i was told by my gynae that i need to wait another 6 hrs to open up to 10cm to give birth.

In the end, my cervic was opened up to 8-9cm in ard 1hrs time and i'm ready to give birth. The whole labor process from the time i admitted to hosiptal to give birth took me 3hrs plus only. I would said the nurse at KK was quite experience & calm in handle all situation during the labour.

After giving birth, my gynae, Irene Chua,will check on me the next day and even assured me that the wound will not open up and advise me how to take care of the wound.

If you have any complication, I would suggest you go KK hospital instead. Btw, they have the fast scheme that give you the priority so you no nid to queue too long but got to pay abit more.

Hi Royal,

Yupz, you can use medisave to deduct. The medisave amount deductable for my bill is 1650 and I pay cash ard 1300plus

Hi Chong,

Another of my friend told me that her sister had bad experience at TMC when her gynae was Dr Adrian Tan. The baby was coming out already but as the gynae hasn't arrive, the nurses actually pushed the baby back!!! I almost fainted when I heard about this! Her sister complaint about it after the delivery but Dr Adrian Tan sided the nurses at TMC..

If that is the case then I rather go KKH....

I think if the nurses dun push the baby back, Dr Adrian Tan probably cannot charge the mummy the delivery fees cos she delivered w/o gynae.

But very unethical!!

Hi MTBs who delivered their bb in KKH and staying at 1 bedder. May I check if there is a nurse there with you - chk on you and bb well being?

ie: During night feeds, etc? I am first time mum and quite worried I am left alone w/o anyone and wat if I dunno how to carry the bb and BF the baby....*panic*

Hi mummies, i m gg to deliver at kk hospital in july. I was told to place 1.6k deposit upon booking of surgery rm n doc. I m gg for c-section. Kk hospital has 2 pkgs- Premier and Classic Pkg for private patients. You can choose either one bedded(A ward) or 4 bedded(B1). I choose B1. Does anyone knows whats the difference btw Premier n classic pkg for c-section? The nurse told me no difference for c-section. Any hidden costs for premier pkg? Anyone has c section(B1) premier pkg at kk hospital before? Whats the bill size? Pls advise. Thks

Hi PipI, the nurse will be around 24/7 to attend to your needs by pressing the nurse bell. After u give birth naturally, the nurse will ask u to breastfeed ur newborn on the spot for the bonding session. The nurse will teach you how to carry the BB and breastfeed the bb in the delivery ward. If you are not able to remember cuz too tired after give birth, there will be another round of coaching by the nurse in your own ward. If you still not sure, u can always ring the bell and ask the nurse to teach you again. Thus, no nid to worry so much.

For the night feeding, the nurse will come to check with you whether do you want to BF your BB at night or the nurse will take care for u by feeding BB with formula milk. In the middle of night or early morning like 5am, the nurse might come to check your temperature.

Overall, just relax and should you need anything just press the nurse bell and they will attend to you shortly. The nurses that i encountered were very nice and patience during my stay in A1 therefore there is nothing to worry abt.

Hi Pammie, I'm not so sure abt C-section cuz i'm taking premier A1 pkg. That time the nurse told me there is a difference between classic and premier for natural birth.

For classic, any doctor on duty in the delivery ward will do the delivery for you and your own gynae will do the follow up after you give birth.

For premier, your own gynae will perform the delivery for you and follow up during your stay in the hospital after birth.

I'm not sure whether the above difference will be applicable for C-section.

For my pacakge, there is no hidden costs cuz all the additional costs will be indicated clearly on the documents given to you on the registration. Thus, I would suggest that you call KK hospital hotline to clear your doubts and confirm. Maybe different nurse will provide you new information.

pipi, there are a lot of nurses on duty... once u press the bell they will come alr. i one day dunno press how many times.

u can choose for bb to be with u if u need to latch, after latch finish the nurse can put ur bb in nursery. likewise if u wan ur bb to be with u also can... if need anything like change diaper also can press bell the nurse will come to u very fast de. don need to worry. and they have medela pump there also, if u need to pump they'll leave it in ur room and sterilize the parts for u after u r done.

pammie,

premier and classic is premier supposed to have ur gyane there once u r in delivery ward. but if u r choosing c-sect then wont be a prob cos ur gynae suppose to operate on u... btw, just wanna share, i actually ask my gyane to cut below the bikini line don cut directly on the bikini line cos if cut direct then when u sit down the cut will crease and will hinder the recovery process. my cut is a bit below the bikini line and i had no pain after my discharge. talk to your gynae abt this.

Hi

I am a KKH patient and my bb is abt 3 months now. I stayed in their 1 bedder and was their private suite customer too.

the overall experience was excellent. i have heard a lot of bad comments about KKH but mostly these comments come from a generation much older (usually people who are in their 40s or older) so i believe KKH has significantly improved their facilities and service in the last 10 years or so.

I had a natural delivery, i checked in to the hospital around 4pm because of bloody show and cramps (which might be labour pains) and was 3cm dilated. After 15 hours, i was only 4cm dilated but my doctor did not pressure me to have C-section. i was given the option to continue to rest in my room or take a stroll to dilate naturally, or to go for induce labour. i chose to induce as i could not take the pain anymore and within the next 4 hours, i delivered my baby naturally.

The nurses checked on me frequently, and baby was brought me frequently to nurse. service was excellent as nurses answered all my questions, lactation consultant was available to help, my doc came and checked on for the 2 mornings i was there, and there was even a special "menu lady" who came into my room every night to ask me what i wanted for breakfast, tea, lunch and dinner the next day, every day!

I felt like a queen there. Will definitely go back to KKH if i have a 2nd child.

Hi all, i have the same comment like Aylie. The service is excellent and I will definitely go back to KKH when i have 2nd child. =)

I have just delivered my bb gal in KKH, 1 bedder like Aylie. Was seeing my gynae in KKH-Private Suite throught my 9 mths.

I love KKH! It's no longer the lousy govt hospital we have in our mindset!!!

Hi

I'm due to deliver in a wk to 2 at kkh. It' a last min transfer due to my high risk. Can check if I stay at 1 bedded, my older child n hb can stay overnight at kkh? if my bb needs to be in neonatal care for longer period, wd I be able to downgrade from 1 bedded to 4 bedded for cost savings?

Is it necessary to sign up for hospital tour now n book?

Simp,

your family can stay with u if u choose 1 bedder. the nurses wont chase the ppl in your room away. ur nb child will be considered grade A if u choose 1 bedder, can only be downgraded if bb is discharged and re-admitted (touchwood).

i signed up for premium package when i'm abt 7mths preg and dunid to go tour cos u'll be wheeled around, you wont need to know the directions [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] u can go tour urself if u wan but i don think it's reali necessary.

hope this helps.

Any Dr Irene Chua's patients here? I know she has left KKH (sob sob!), will you guys follow her or look for another Dr when you have your 2nd?

Thanks zenia for e info, just booked e premier 1 bedded package. Est bill abt 6.6k excluding ga n complications charges. Paid e 2k+ deposit for a 3d2n csec package. Think by e time I discharged, maybe higher than 7.5k b4 4k medisave deduction. Din know car park not free for hb n no diaper bag, clothing, blankie for bb so I think the bill size wd be more exp than delivery in tmc. Too bad high risk moms got to all deliver in kkh.

How' e confinement food in kkh for those who deliver recently?

R e nurse team good at administering the drip, catherer. I hv bad experience 4 years ago when I did my gynae op. The nurse inserted e drip, catheter painfully n I suffered post operation infection w fever resulting in antibiotic injection just a few days after discharge. Hope e nurse team has improved.

Hmmm, I think the confinement food quite good leh... I love their soup. It was my gynae who did my drip leh. Not the nurse.

Ya! I received letter from KK that Dr Irene chua had left the hospital and i was quite disappointed cuz she is a very good gynae. I should be looking another female gynae when i'm having the 2nd child cuz i do not know where she is working now. If really there is no good female gynae in KK, i might follow her if i got any information of the clinic or places that she is working now. Anyone know where she is working now?

feng zhen she started her own clinic, and i think she's now at glen e. you need to double check this info, maybe call the hospital as my memory is now getting very bad.

Back