Dad who needs advice on fee

Hi, I'm really a dad who need some advice from any mums who recently gave birth? My wife gave birth to my first son in July 2013 and she expecting again...but I spoken to friends about the fees I paid but everyone is telling me that i paid on the high side so can I ask how much you paid for your delivery?
I paid deposit of S$1200 to gynae pre delivery.
I paid another S$600 as deposit (TMC)
I paid another S$3700 on discharge (including 2nd half of doc fee which is S$1700)
My wife had a natural delivery with epidural at TMC (4bed)
MY gynae is good but i cant help but feel shes ripping me off...haha...
If shes too ex... can anyone introduce me any female gynae near north side??

I gave birth to my first in 2009.. Bad memories as I couldn't remember how much my Gynae charged me but I could update you again when I see him this coming Friday, we will talk about delivery fees on this coming visit (his nurses already pre-empt me haha). I'm going to deliver in May so hope my update would help serve as a guide to you :)

But my Gynae is a guy, so unless you and wifey doesn't mind a male Gynae I'd say mine has pretty good reputation around for being friendly, responsible & with reasonable fee.

Don't know if this is relevant but I delivered in SGH under B1 class. Total cost (board+gynae+1 day neonatal hi-dependency) came up to $3500, of which hald is paid in cash after medisave. My gynae is a senior consultant.
I suppose your wife is probably considered A1 class.

Delivered in KKH A1 class, stayed for 5 days normal delivery, Baby had jaundice went for phototherapy. Bill came up to be 9.7k. abt 5k cash after medisave. of which, about 3k had to be made on admission.

ya but you pay for what you get. i have no complaints. excellent experience. I got an entire room to myself with toilet. My hubby stayed in the room with me without any problems. the baby roomed in any time we wanted, taken care of if we wanted a good nights rest. confinement meals. my consultant delivered my baby, and saw me everyday despite the fact that i was staying only because my baby had jaundice. And the baby get charged the A1 rates too so that explains the price difference.

yes i am also most thankful for the nurses who helped me with breast feeding and latching on. The ward nurses were very helpful each time and when I expressed concerns, they would ask the breastfeeding nurses to see me in the day. I had very bad engorgement and she just sat there for 30mins straining her back and fingers expressing it for me manually..

Back