Cup cakes for birthday

orange and grape fruit tart:
2391901.jpg

2391902.jpg

juz bought these cookies cutter n tried them out. josh had fun printing these!! :}

2392474.jpg

had cajun roasted cix thigh n honeyrd ones for the kids... yummy...

2392475.jpg
2392476.jpg
2392477.jpg

peng, kendy
no la, don't know why the fondant melted so the cake not smooth very rough. Then have to make a big border to cover it, hehe!

kendy
we can design what we want but because the cake is not smooth so my instructor suggested to put a big border to cover the bottom of the cake.

wah lau... 1-0... how LONG u take to do the cake... no wonder no see u online these few days!!! hahahaahah... think u can (TM) your bee liow... every cake they appear! hahahahaha...

keng, yummy... rum and raisin... think it's going to be super nice... by the way, anyone any idea to get rid of the sweetness of the raisins? ... even soaked in rum or alcohol.. can still taste the VERY sweet 'skin' of the raisin...
sad.gif
(or is it my psychological effect?)...

capriho88
you can get the mascarpone cheese at Gold storage.

malcheri
you can use wilton or those liquid color for agar agar.

eileen, it's you.
happy.gif
thanks again.. i went to sun lik and the cocoa powder is really cheaper than biy and they have alot of other stuff too. thanks for sharing. do u know which brand of agar agar powder is better?

Hi Eileen,

Thks.. Have been silent reader for quite some times. I like this thread, everyone is so generous in sharing their recipes and creation.

estherholy,

Yes u can find it at cold storage jst bought 1 $6.65 today. Think they hve 3 different brands. Else u can also get at Phoon Huat.

1-0/capri, tot i saw in giant and/or NTUC also... think it's 'normal' for marscarpone cheese to appear here and there unlike in the 'olden' days liow...
happy.gif

for agar agar... i prefer the rose brand... i find it more 'solid' (<-- according to HB: lover of agaragar) ... recently i soak osmunthus (gui hua) in hot water and use it for agar agar ... nice fragrance in this hot weather!
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
been looking up and down for this thread.Here i am
happy.gif
. Need some help. I want to bake some eggless butter cookie for my gal. She allery to eggs.

Can anyone share your recipe with me. One that can use with poohbear, mickey cookie cutter ?Thks!!

Hi,

I'm new to this thread. Wanted to take up course on cake decorating, considering the walton course in Phoon Huat and BIY. Anyone can tell me are they the same, cos I saw their fees is different. Also found another course from Creative Culinaire. So which one is better, Walton or Creative Culinaire, as the fees is also different. Which one is more value for money.

Vivien
I have attended the wilton cake decorating course at BIY. For the stage 1 n 2, the max no. of student is 6 and stage 3 n 4 is 4. For PH one, the max no. of student is more but not too sure how many. You may check with them.
I have attended the cake baking course at Creative but not cake decorating. Think they conducted one is not wilton method. Hope this can help.

Hi Eileen,

Thx for your info. So walton method is more professional is it? In walton cake decorating course, do they give you the cake to practise the skill or you have to bake your own cake. If have to bake or bring our own, then how do I know what cake to bring, sponge cake or buttercake?

Hi mun_mun, you can search online for different cake recipes and try baking them.

Anyone try tinting buttercream to black or intense colours with wilton colours? Does it taste weird like something tingling on the tongue?

peng
actually want to bake cheesecake too, then change to bake swiss roll, haha!

The recipe needs a bigger baking pan but I don't have so use smaller one. End up my cake becomes very thick, luucky still manage to roll. But can just roll abit only, haha!

2411904.jpg

hi Eron &amp; kathy,
thks! if you go tampines one, go manpuku to eat, then will cost u $7.80 for one slice.
if u go my place, then it's free, let me know when u wanna come, very easy and fast to do de...
happy.gif

tell me one day in advance will do
happy.gif

mummies who pm me,
thks for your words, pls note i'm not selling fruits tart lar.... do it just for fun, any how do, mine no standard one.
you may go to tampines One, manpuku, fruits paradise counter, i heard their tarts is not bad, it's super long Q, but peoples willing to Q more than 1/2 hr, shd be good ba....

must stated here, manpuku is not mine, said the above statement gain nothing and zero dollar.
juz to share the feedback from friends and family only.

Hi Eileen,

Nice swiss roll!.
happy.gif
I also baked last night but my cake's skin cannot get brown leh...u can advice? I put my tray in second lower of our oven, set 200c n bake for 10mins...btw can share the recipe too?

ppp
Have pm you. For our oven, I baked at the second lowest tray, 200c for 20min because I am using a smaller baking tray. If u are using a smaller baking tray, cut the recipe accordingly or else yr cake will be too thick to roll.

<font color="blue">hi all,
i am new to this thread..recently i went for a baking class n cupcake decoration class wif this lady called mong..she's nice n very detailed..i enjoyed her class very much..hehe..
anyway i tried baking over the wkend..but hor..i dunno why my cake didnt rise leh..it rise a bit..then when cooled down it sank..i baked twice..both end up the same..n worse of all the oven i think cannot make it..got my cake burnt..haiz..can anyone advise y my cake cant rise huh?? </font>

<font color="blue">catika,
i dunno whether i over beat or not leh..i added in my eggs n flour in parts..how to see if u over beat or not?? my recipe needs to fold in the flour in 4 parts..</font>

Back