Cup cakes for birthday

mummies , i need advice .
my bread turned out hard though it smells nice .
is it overkneaded ? how to make my bread soft ?
i followed the recipe closely , but i dun understand where i hv gone wrong .

Hi Mummies,
Chanced upon this website and saw many nice baking! I did my first time try of some muffins and durian cake for National day. Heee.... quite pleased with the result.
happy.gif

1628641.jpg

Apple Muffin

1628642.jpg

Durian Cake with a thick layer of durian paste at the centre

Pink,
Thanks for recipe and effort to translate it...sorry need your help again cause dont understand malay...Thanks.

Nice mooncake you have made, indeed appetiting...

wah, few days never check so many posts and nice fruits!

hwee, thanks for the stuff!
happy.gif

1-0, pink, angeline, wow! u all so patriotic!

angel, voted for dana!

sharing the first moonies i ever made in my entire life... dun luff...
happy.gif

1629773.jpg
1629774.jpg

Questions for Pink & experts:
Re: Snowskin
i used the redman premix. the snowskin is so soft! i have problem wrapping the filling up. and when i mould, maybe press too hard? can see the filling leow. sigh. i used about half half proportion. or is the skin supposed to be thick thick so cannot see filling? how to seal up the filling nicely? mine always got "folds".

Re: Crispy Skin
How to get pretty spirals like AY? Somehow after I roll, the skin is too little for the filling? and sealing up is also a problem. No skill lah. But it's yummy!

Re: Yam Fillings
How to "compact" it? Mine quite soft when wrapping. After baking not solid solid, unlike the red bean paste I bought from PH. Then after 2 days, the filling becomes dry?

Jen
You first time make mooncake already so nice, have talent hor! Didn't know can use those cooKie cutter to make mooncake, well done! Your cripsy yam mooncake also so nice, my mum favourite. Is it difficult to make?

Thanks Mummies for all your votes! Really happy to have so many aunties loving her
happy.gif
Hwee, how to vote 6 times? Is it using diff email addy? hehe
happy.gif

peng, xiexie...
wink.gif

hwee/TL, now u know why i looking for the cutters... haha...

1-0, yah, it's my mum's and grandma's fav too! that's why i bother to try it out. hehe. i dun really find it very difficult to make, just that i feel tired after everything was done. took me about 3 hours, but i'm slow lah, cos first time. i followed AY's recipe, except that instead of frying (too oily), i baked it at 180deg until golden. yield 16 medium moonies, gave to grandma, mum and MIL. they ask me to make some more! pengz...

Hi mummies,
I am looking for music instruments/notes cookie cutters / cake pans / moulds. Any one of you have any to let go?

Pls PM me, thanks!

Angel
i used up all the email addy that me and the whole family have.
happy.gif
asking my office ppl to do it too! she'll win for sure!

Eileen,
Thank thanks...u're always the very 1st to come to my rescue ^^
kao_kiss.gif

I never handle a duck egg b4, is it like normal egg, crack the shell, and remove the white? wash the yolk under running water? pardon my stupid qns
embarrassed.gif

Btw, can steaming do the job? dun hv oven in my mum's place where i normally stay during wkday.

Mdl
I only make once many year ago, hehe! Ya, remove the white, wash clean. Not sure of steaming will become waterly or not. Do u have microwave? Micro it a while also can.

Thanks ixorarred & pink for the durian snowskin mooncake, once i get the mould will try it out.

Pink, Must i put gelatine in the durian puree? or juz scrap out the flesh then freeze it?

hi, anyone ordered mooncake moulds from ravenouss or e's joie? can share what you ordered (and why)? i'm having problems deciding. haha.
lame.gif

Hi Peng

Sorry for the delay.

Sorry, I cannot make it on this Sat cos husband just text me that he needs to go back to office on Sat. Thus, me need to bring my girl to music class. Got to miss this gathering
sad.gif

Dear mummies- nice fruits.

I love ex-Crown Prince Crispy Yam Mooncake. Any idea where to get now?

Jen - yours were nice.

Thanks Sngiam for your vote! You like the Crown Prince Crispy Yam mooncake too? My uncle was the head pastry chef there and this mooncake was his creation! Pity when the new Park Hotel management took over, they retrenched the entire team of workers so currently, he's still jobless
sad.gif
He was even sent to Japan for culinary competition!

sngiam, Angel,
they are still available. Under Imperial treats at Park Palace. The hotel staff just brought to my office as samples for us.

But some of my colleagues says eater palace test better

Hi Angel / CL

I used to always queue up the Crown Prince to buy the Crispy Yam Mooncake.

CL - Where is Park Palace? Maybe I go and get some for my parent & MIL.
happy.gif

hi mummies,

would like to ask something hehehe... what is fresh cream? is it different from whip cream or non-dairy whip cream too? coz i wanna try to bake something... just wanna make sure i get the right ing..

thanks in advance...

CL, yes very happy she's in Top 3 now. Will continue to garner votes for bb Dana!
happy.gif
But each email can only vote once. I thought everyday can vote once
sad.gif

Angel
voted!!!! Dana got very sweet smile!!!

Jen
Ur snowskin mc very cute too. Didn't think of using this mould ya!!! Thats a great idea!!

Pink
Nice & yummy MC!!!!

Hi mummies

Would like to ask about icing. Today i hv tried doing the buttercream icing(using only butter and icing sugar but immediately when i spread on the cupcake the buttercream melt). Wat is the difference between using butter, whipping cream and cream cheese as icing? After decorating the cupcake, do i need to put the cupcake in the fridge(keep it fresh). Can i hv the easiest method of icing? Sori for asking so much question, any mummy can help
sad.gif
sad.gif

chicken little,
Sorry, I think your girl is at the PCK where else my boy in JCK...Haha, see same uniform only say same school...Pai seh

Mummies, remember last week I posted saying my Chiffon cake failed? Here's the pic

1632789.jpg

Top slightly burnt, side collapsed when removed from oven (open mouth split) and botton still uncooked
sad.gif
Think my oven temp is too hot and I underbaked it. Will try again!

sngiam73, last year I heard that Crown Prince yam mooncake is sold at Garden Pastry. I bought it last year for my mum but not sure if it's the same baker. PM me if you want the address.

CL, email me abt the mooncake too leh! I'm interested!

angel, congrats! she's in top 3!
proud.gif

Back