Congenital Heart Defects

Reenean

Anyone has their baby gone through heart surgery before?Just found out my baby has dextrocardio+ AVSD.

Feeling very worried.

My girlfriend's son was born with it and he had gone through 3 major ops. He is coming one year old in a month's time.

If not for the strong parents and faith that they have, things wouldn't have come this far. No doc can tell if a 4th op might be needed in future. And yes they have seen many top notch docs.

I suggest that you join a forum dedicated to parents who are facing this. You'll get a lot of insights and encouragement from there.

Hope you'll be as strong as my friend, if not more. Take care.

hi
i'm facing the same issue too.... one of my twins diagnosed to have TGA and might have down syndrome.

My daughter had AVSD diagnosed when i was 5 months preggie. It was a journey taking care of her day to day especially her feeds but i have no regrets. She went for her open heart surgery at 4mths. Please be strong, worried if you must because its our natural mummy instinct to do so. If you need some info or listening ear, i am willing to help.

Hello mummies, hugs and be strong. My 2.5 year old son has TGA, discovered when I am 20 weeks pregnant and he had his open heart surgery at 8 days old. Now healthy and happy. Pls PM me if you wish to chat on WA. I can lend a listening ear and try to advise on the steps. We have a small online support group too.

Hi Lindyc

My elder son whom is going to Pri 1 next year was also diagnosed with TGA at birth & had underwent open heart surgery during his first few days at life. Doctor has certified to exempt him from nafa test & competitive sports for his pri school journey & other than that, he is an active & healthy boy now. I am on the same online support group with Tangerinez, do pm me if you need some advises.

Hi, I’m 20 weeks pregnant now & found out that my baby have TGA & may have other symptoms (unknown as of now). My husband and I felt that the world crash on us when doctor told us baby has a congenital heart defects as our family history do not have any. Did OSCAR scan but everything turns out fine. Now doctor advice me to do Amniocentesis & CMA test to confirm baby have no other Down syndrome. What do you all suggest?

Sorry to hear that. Big hugs. It’s a trying period for you and your husband.
I’d say go for the tests? Hang on there.

My boy has VSD, and had went thru surgery to patch up hole in heart at about 1 year old in KKH. Doing well now, fit for all sports, which is not competitive. He is academically and physically doing well, just need to follow up with cardio.

Hi ladies, seems like this thread is no longer active. Can any mums let me know how to join the group chat for babies w CHD? TYVM!

Back