CLOMID success ?

Hi All,

Jus wanna share so that all of you will be successful like I do:
Yr2005 - Menses irregular, not successful. Tried the Jurong East TCM for 1 cycle. Went for blood test and Husband went for sperm analysis (both parties result alright).

Yr2006 - Menses still irregular, still not successful. Request Doc to perform HSG. Result - normal. Doc prescribe 3 cycle of clomid. Tried 1 cycle but give up due to busy schedule. Throughout the year also tried with Pre-seed.

End Yr2006 till Yr2007 - Start to take Eu Yan Sang Bai Feng Wan to regulate menses. Menses start to regular after taking for 6months. Tried another cycle of Clomid from balance prescribtion. Still not successful.

End Yr2007-Yr2008 - Continue to take Bai Feng Wan. Found Eu Yan Sang Bai Feng Wan selling in Hong Kong come in smaller packet (4packets = 1 bottle in Singapore). Take 2packets for longer period after menses cleared.
Decided to give Clomid another chance (last dosage) in Dec2008. But this time round, I take it at night before I go to sleep on the 2nd day of my menses for 5days.

Yr2009 - Jan found out that I'm pregnant. It's a girl now already almost 6months.

Hope that the above give you guys some encouragement. I'm not young (above 35). I would say don't give up and continue trying.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

Any idea how much does it cost to do HSG at private and/or KKH (subsidised)? Is it a difficult process and what abt the pain level? Thanks!

Hi Apple,

I am also prescribed with clomid by my doctor 2 days ago when I see her, but she asked me to only take clomid starting day 5 of my menses days for 5 days. I am confused cos, you mentioned you took them on the 2nd day. Could my doctor told me the wrong thing? So worry now......
happy.gif

I am also not young anymore and only decided to ttc now, trying 1st cycle of clomid.... I have to admit I am starting to feel stress now.

Kathy,

I'm not sure what your doc told you but my prescription was printed on a lable together with my name and pasted on the plastic pocket that holds the clomid.

Your doc didn't write/print clearly?
Better check with your doc then.

Hello Kathy

Per my gynae's instruction, I always took clomid on day 2 of menses.

However, there is once i forgot to took clomid, and he did mentioned as long as we took clomid within day 2-6 , it alrite. So u are taing on day 5.. seems ok lar

Dear Kathy,

Don't be discouraged by your age.. like Apple, I've been trying to conceive for about 3 years+ but efforts only got more concerted in the past 2 years..

I'm also above 35 but menses have always been regular. only ovulation is hard to catch even with help of the ovulation kit.

I went to several TCM practitioners and a word of advice here: you really gotta be discerning in choosing the TCM as many of them are just out to make quick bucks. I went to the Jurong East TCM too but had very unpleasant experience.

Went with my cousin and her hubby and for both of us, she merely felt our pulses and sent us to Doc Chris Chen (Gleneagles, famous for being expensive and advocate for IVF) and Doc Fong (Paragon). Said I've PCOS which was unfounded and prone to miscarriage!!

Imagine my horrors and fear! Never went back thereafter and but a few rounds with other TCM practitioners, I found one whom I'm comfortable with.

Ok, sorry for the digression, back to clomid, I'd one round of it plus IUI 2.5 years ago but not successful. Hubbies' sperm analysis showed his quality was not very good. We kinda stopped trying and let nature take its course and last year, both of us starting taking supplements from GNC n TCM.

For GNC, my hubby takes Mega men.
I quit my job in Feb due to work stress (12 - 15 hours) and started on clomid.

This April, I got pregnant! We're really thankful and glad we didn't have to go down the IVF route.
It's been pretty smooth sailing so far and I'm now into my 25th week!

Hope this gives you hope n encouragement!

Keep at it!

Hi all,

I hv a gal who is ard 30 mths old (naturally) and early this year we decided to try for another 1 and last wk went to gynea for pap smear and she prescribed clomid for me to take and today is my 1st time taking...

read thru the thread and saw that there is a high chance of miscarriage? is it true and also what is the size effect?

Is there maximum tries for for clomid? i mean even if its already Nth cycle of trying using clomid will there be side effects?

hi mummies, im another statistic who got successful after 1 round of clomid and hrdrotubation as well - am in my 16th wk now (god bless). i believe clomid helps it happen but whether will miscarry later will be dependent on body's ability to harbour the pregnancy, not related to clomid...

just some encouragement for some planning to try clomid...
happy.gif

Hi all,

Just went to the Doc yesterday and she gave me Clomid for 1st cycle and medication to induce my menses...

To date my menses is already 11 days late... last progesterone test D21 result came out that I am not ovulating....

Hi ladies,

I was prescribed Clomid after TTC-ing for more than 1 year... I did several blood tests, and my gynae found out that I had trouble ovulating and that my menses were irregular..

And now, all praises to God, I recently got pregnant right after one cycle after trying Clomid...

On top of that, I religiously swallowed my Evening Primerose Oil pills, which greatly helped my menstruation cycle.

Hope it helps!! <3

Back