Christian ivf mums or mums to be

So many new sisters at the forum. Welcome

Under His Wings, cast care upon the Lord.

xmasbaby, what kind of hormone tests will Dr F be carrying out on you?

trustinghim, how are your twins?
Mricky, your little one is not so little anymore.. her pics are soooo cute and chubby.

Haven't seen Yve, Tokkie, Blackberry, vanilla and miraclebaby for a long long time on this forum. I hope to lunch with them soon and go shop shop at Yve's favourite Tanjong Pagar shop:)
Have to wait for Vanilla to initiate lunch *hint*

Just curious, anyone here taken growth hormone before? saizen in particular? supposed to improve embryo quality in older women and prime the eggs for retrieval. seems to be used in the states but is very new and still in experimental stage.

Hello everyone! Been busy and thus quiet but I do see the posts from time to time. Welcome faithBB!

Miss catching up with u sisters!
happy.gif

take care and have a good weekend!

joie,

In the end, no hormone tests done. He just simply scaned by womb to check the blood flow and whether I was ovulating. If I don't get pregnant by this month, then will have to go next month on day 12 of my cycle.

Me been feeling v stressed and depressed with work issues. so haven't been posting either.

Still praying that God will work out a miracle for me. How to get pregnant when so stressed?

hi sisters, silent reader here. I dun post much but take heart that on this Good Friday holiday, God has never left us nor forsake us even at the cross of Calvary (though there were times I too felt God was far away when I needed him).

Spreading baby dust to those TTC and praying for no stress, desires to be fulfilled and life will be blessed with God by our side
happy.gif

harro harro! following the election news tho i dont get to vote since my constituency is not contested.
quite interesting and thought-provoking. think elections are a good time for the government and all parties concerned to do soul-searching - do they always have the people's welfare at heart? are their goals the people's goals?

also a good time for voters to understand deeper the intricacies of policy-making, impact on social, political and economic arenas. things are not what it seem. we must also be discerning when we hear persuasive words and incidents.

i think we ought to pray hard for the elections. we are selecting architects of our future and for some of us, our children's future. May they be God-fearing, compassionate, wise and righteous. May 7th May spell a better future for all Singaporeans and for His kingdom, that Singapore will reflect more of God's standards and His heart.

haha.. election fever is happening.. hubby, myself and little Faith went to Bishan on Tues to see the rally and hear Mr Chiam speak...The stadium was soooo crowded and little Faith kept clapping whem everyone else clapped. They have put together a good team for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC. Really admire Mr Chiam for his steadfast belief in building a democratic society.. and his love for the country.

As blackberry highlighted, may the leader we elect be be God-fearing, compassionate, wise and righteous and also possess humility.

Ladies, should we try to organise lunch for next week?

well, my mp promised us polyclinic, gd tuition centres, ntuc etc.... well he is using our $$ to build things for us... sigh singaproe politics...public goods but garmen have the say where to build what to build.. n old dear old Chiam has to fight it out for so long..

but never mind, we just have to pray for Godly people in the govt that will not build IR etc.

hi trusting him! am here!
happy.gif

not doing any procedure at the moment...it's a pause for now and probably a stop in due course, can sense that God is saying that the season is ending soon and i feel peace in my heart. Shall see...

hope everyone is well! ttc-ing sisters - jiayou! dont lose heart!

Hello Blackberry,

I think its the same for me. Just feel that I should end my journey soon. Not healthy to keep on dwelling on this all the time. Maybe the Lord feels that I am gifted in other areas and wants me to serve in other areas. Don't wish to go into depression cos of this.

hi ladies how are all of you?

Trustinghim, how are your twins? Are you back to work full-time?

Mricky, how is your miracle gal - who is not so little anymore? :)

This ivf journey is not an easy one... it's a bit quiet lately but we are here to listen and to pray for one another going through this tough journey. There are days when I pray and I think that God is not hearing my prayers (not just for ivf but also in other areas of life)..The encouragement from the different ladies in this forum keeps us going.. to remind us to Trust in our Lord who is our Rock and Fortress!

Have a great week ladies!

Thanks TH for posting the blog

Even tho my bba has crossed her 1yr corrected age, the struggles, pain, hurt, disappointment, anger, depression, desperation we went through, oh it is all so raw. With her premature arrival, more guilt sank in.

I look at her now, babbling, clapping hands, snatching my iPhone away from me.. I wonder whether she'd ever felt the pain of needles poking into her daily , whether she felt afraid and lonely lying in her incubator or cot in the hospital

God bless her, my sweet angel

to the rest of sisters here, ttc for #1, #2 etc .... We will continue to support you, praying for you, cheering for you

there are many questions unanswered. I definitely have no answers to your 'why's'. What we can do is pray...

God bless you sisters.

joie- i am scared..to be honest.. i cant imagine toilet training 2 of them.. now my older son can challenge me at times. n i really wonder when the twins are 8 will they argue with me..

i see them snatching toys daily. screaming n whining just to get their ways..of cos got gd times but.. i am really scared cos it is 2 at 1 go...

1 day i brought twins downtairs.. n both ran different directions n when i caught up with them..son decided he want to sit down n dun walk any more... i cant imagine bringing both out on my own.
my daughter also throwing bad tantrums when we go home..she refused to take off her shoes..

both of them are still not sleeping early... n i cant let son cry cos he will vomit n i will need to clean the big mess....

some times i wonder what am i doing.. y did i ever go ivf... but sometimes they can be just so sweet n cute.. ..

i pray i will grow wiser n they will obey!!

it is school hols n i think my older son is "terrorizing" the bbs at home while i am at work.. older son is trying how many times he snatch their toy will they start crying.. esp now my gal will call for help..

yes, quiet thread..

Did you read the news that the 28 yr old mum who has 'shaken' her previous baby to death, and broke the ribcage of her 5 month old baby cos she was pressing the little tummy due to colic?

She told the court that her previous baby died because she dropped him on the pavement when she was 'jolted' or surprised by a cyclist... If she really can't handle the babies due to severe post natal depression, she should have sought help. 2 innocent baby lives.. Makes me soooo angry reading this piece of news that I couldn't digest my lunch

thread is quiet but for all the silent readers out there, this community is alive! in fact quite a number of us just had a meal together as we celebrate a sister who has been journeying with us but going away fr Singapore for quite some time. we'll miss her and her sweet ways! (hugs!)

for those ttc-ing, jiayou! dont lose heart and fear not. was just reading the wise henri nouwen who wrote that fear engenders fear and does not lead to love-filled answers. God's favourite words to His people whenever He/His angels appear to them is 'fear not' and Jesus too as He said 'It is I. Do not be afraid.' I have had my share of questions that emerge from the house of fear - "Will I ever get pregnant?" "Am I not good enough for motherhood?" "Is God choosing not to bless me?" And i have realised they do not come from a good place in my heart and do not draw me close to God. love is a better option. nouwen pointed out rightly that fear is the enemy of intimacy with God, while love, casting out fear, is the path to it. i think that's the sane path to trod on and i wish the same for us all here, so that as dwell in His love, we may enjoy His intimacy and His joy and He says that 'our joy may be complete'. - just 2 cents' ramble from the berry!

any new readers continue to write cos we are reading but some have advanced to using their iphone to communicate..

sunny- are u still here?? i really thou u will go for the lunch last week, was looking forward to seeing u in person...

we had a gd time catching up!!!

hi hi...

i've been a silent reader for quite some time... haha..but never had the courage to write anything..haha..

Hubz and I 've been trying for our 2nd child for almost 3 yrs..but to no avail.. did a couple of IUIs but not successful, and is now embarking on our first IVF in july.. am fearful, yet excited and hope that I can lend support from you ladies here.. thanks

hi lena soon! welcome to the thread! yes, do let us know what support u need. in terms of medical facts and figures, i am kinda bad (brain has selective memory) despite having gone through 3 fresh IVFs and 1 FET but there are many sisters here who are very good in this field!

which dr/hospital r u with? how old is your first child now? i was with KK before moving to GlenE to see Dr F.

May the Lord bless u with His peace as u start cycling. He can make our paths straight (prov 3:5-6).

my happy moment today - i am so thrilled to learn through FB that my college friend has succeeded with tis round of uvf and have twin boys! PTL!

Have a good week, all sisters!

<font color="0000ff">hi, it has been a long time since i last post....was busy with work and God added more spice into my life with a broken back bone and so weekdays lunch i have to visit my physio...now looking for legal action and i must admit lawyers are a tough bunch of pple..and then some issues cropped up for my frens so i was busy helping them.

anyway.. welcome LENA! some sisters here have brought home their second/third born after trying many years, hardship and trials... Mricky, TH are amongst there...

to me regardless it is no1, 2 or 3... the yearning is the same, the pain is the same, and God is the same! He is there for us no matter what pain, trials we have to go thru.. and rem.. He will not give us more than we can bear.</font>

Hi sisters, sorry i have been away, for how long i also lost track. Thanks sisters for your well wishing PMs and SMSes and thinking of me.

I was so busy with my company shifting offices and a few important projects all on-going at the same time, everyday in office was firefighting, everynight reached home i was all flattened out yet i could not sleep, everynight i will fall asleep only to wake up suddenly in the middle of the night and then could not go back to sleep. It got to a point where i had screaming nightmares and then, i finally snapped and told my boss why should i push myself so hard, for what ... and then, i also ask to be transferred. Actually i also prepared my resignation. That day, i guess i shocked her and myself too but i was relieved after the outburst. I could finally let go all my expectations. Things got slightly better after that as boss did a mini re-org that made my situation more bearable. Cant say my issues are completely gone but at least i could now live with it. And for once, now, i can finally tell myself to take things slower in my career. For once, i can finally tell myself to focus on other things that matters more. I am finally settling down in my new office but now its way too ulu, i so miss the days i could even shop during lunch! I missed you gals last lunch, i will join next round! Take care sisters! You are all in my thots!

Vanilla, you injured your back?! No wonder you asked me about physio. Oh dear, you sounded serious! I am ok, just cannot walk too fast or bend down but lets both pray for God to touch us, give us the perfect bone and alignment and perfect recovery!

Welcome Lena!! I too lost touch with the procedures for a while but fear not! God will be with you every step of the way. If any particular area you need help and if we can help, will surely share information with you. Above all, pray and have God's peace within you! I am hoping for peace within myself with regards to TTC too, whether to go on trying or not.

harlow ladies...thanks for the warm welcome..
my first child is already coming to 4 yrs old..and I'm currently with Dr F too, at Gleneagles.. juz came back from a short trip, and thoughts about backing out from IVF started to sip through my mind.. not really sure if I should even embark it now..haiz... the journey seems so long and far-fetched..

we've tried 4 IUIS and our last attempt was last Oct, where I told hubz to call it quitz coz it was affecting us too much, emotionally, and everything else...

i should start my blood test sometime next week.. and I'm juz scared now.. has any ladies contemplated quitting in the middle of the cycle? What if I cant take the jabs? And what would be the costs like? On average, how many cycles have you gals tried? everything seem so fuzzy at the moment, and I dont know anyone who's done an IVF before... hope that maybe you gals can share with me.. thanks

<font color="0000ff">hi sunny - yes God heals.. our backs and other stuff too
happy.gif
my physio is rather good.. and i reconfig my work space now to hopefully ideal sitting arrangement.

I am glad that work wise is better for u. only prob is the location.. too inconvenient to meet us
sad.gif

hi lena - it all depends on how much stimulation drugs (Purgeon or Gonal F) - that is the most exp component of the treatment.

re fear - alot of us have diff fears. one sister here is v afraid of needles, but she did IVF in the end and has a pair of twins.

I guess drawing strength from God is v v important and believing that He will not burden us more than we can bear.

Myself - i did it in Y2007 Dec cost abt $16K, i was blessed w 1 boy on my first try but it was a tough period for me. i was actually v excited and gearing to go during my cycle..it was supposed to be a bday pressie for me. Got complications and that was the worst pain i ever physically felt in my life. Strength came from God.. mentally, emotionally -- and lots of prayers from sisters here. </font>

hi vanilla, thanks for your advise.. i'm also quite afraid of needles and wonder if I can even manage to do it myself..have been trying to tell dr f tat i would prefer to do it at the clinic but he kept assuring that it's pretty easy to do so.. i guess, i will only know it when I'm in the process..

<font color="0000ff">hi lena - can ur hb do for u? For the suppression drug - superfact or lurin initally my hb did for me...but later w stimulation, the needle for lurin is nothing so i jab by myself.

my hb become an expert in injecting for me...

i think Dr F doesnt want to tire u in coming down to his clinic to do the jabs... and also there is a charge.

it isnt that bad, if ur hb jabs for u, just look away ..after a while our human body will be used to the "pain" - for me not painful so i use " "...to me the waking up at 8am to jab even on weekends is the diff part
happy.gif
</font>

hi vanilla, so initially we will start with superfact or lurin? That's 1 injection per day rite? Will ask my hub to do it for me.. juz thinking what timing should I fix at?

Any ladies here seeing dr loh fr kkh? i'm considering if i should switch to kkh bcoz of the grant, although i'm already v.comfortable w dr f...

<font color="0000ff">hi lena - if u r on a long protocol, u will start w suppression drug - lucrin or superfact first for 2 weeks, then blood test to see if u can start on the stimulation drug (puregon or Gonal F). while taking the stimulation drug u still jab supression drug (amt will be smaller and Dr F will tell u)..the stimulation drug will also be for 2 weeks - and some blood tests during this stage to see if Dr shld tweak the dosage.

I rem for Dr F he asked me to do it in the morning...before i go to work...

NZ was w Dr Loh, Bingo too (i think).

One thing abt KKH is the Q. Not sure too if u can get Dr Loh ...Personally i cannot handle Q so my gynae recommend me Dr F who is great in scheduling his patients...haha..also he is a v nice doc w nice voice and accent and assurance... tat is why he is my "oh xiang"</font>

hi vanilla,
wow..it sounds v.cheap ah.. i tink i will be clearer as it goes...
ya, i also didnt like Q and had switched from another gynae to Dr F coz i like it that he's v. detailed and nice and waiting time usually is super short... but i'm juz worried if I had to do repeated cycles and then the costs might escalates...

<font color="0000ff">my Gonal F dosage is abt 225units...which is average..but when i did it was Y2007.. now w inflation i think the prices for the drugs cld be higher. Gonal F is also more exp than Puregon...</font>

well i m the one super low tolerant to needles... i even get my 5 yr old son to inject me when my hb abroasd cos i cant bear to hurt myself then..

to encorage akk sisters my hb got to know a lady who did her ivf in msia cos you are not allow to do ivf in singapore after 44 ( pardon me if we are wrong).. i think no subsidies if ua re after 40 too.. so she did it and just gave birth to a lovely gal at 47!!!!

so hang in there.. of course i pray you all dun need to wait so long but i hope it give u all hope!!

tokkie- wishing you all the best!! pl drop by even though u are in faraway Perth next time!!

hello sisters

vanilla, thanks for the link. pg 10 does state that AR clinic is not to accept patients above 45 but a letter of appeal can be sent for women who meet the conditions stated.

lena - i was with KK under Dr Sadhana before switching to Dr F aft 2 failed fresh IVFs and 1 FET. i left my job completely and that allowed me to 'tahan' all the wait time at KK. Scans are done by another doc/assistants and I only see Dr S at retrieval and transfer. it is quite cold and clinical with quite a few humorous and embarrassing moments such as the nurse telling you loudly (more like shouting) in a crowded clinic 'put this up your rectum', 'remember, no sex huh!', etc. if u can stomach all that, perhaps KK might be still an option for u. after having gone to Dr F who gave me my first success (tho i mc-ed), i wish i had gone to Dr F much earlier. i was 34 when i started cycling....

well, hope my 2c above can help you decide. and i believe the Lord will lead u! jiayou!

hi blackberry,

thanks for yr explanation.. tink i shall juz stick with Dr F bah..

will start my bloodtest pretty soon, most prob next week...and hopefully God will guide me in this ardious journey... thank you to all ladies who lend their support and encouragement..
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">no worries lena...u have us here to ask any questions as u go along.. Dr F is quite good and available for queries too...</font>

Back