Chin Leng, PLS TAKE NOTE!!!

Prettymama,
I agree with you totally. Really need patient mummies to scroll through the yahoo photo album but this is one way to cut down on clutter.
If the thread has uploaded pic, it 'sells' faster too but if too many items better to create album.

Dear Janet

Not just clutter, but also slowing down the server with the tonnes of pix we upload. Moreover, some users dont even bother (and some dont know how) to resize the pix. This is very "taxing" on the server if I am not wrong.

As for just a link to our Yahoo! Photo Albums, those users with older/ slower comp will suffer coz it is likely to take longer for them to view the pix. Therefore, these people rather forgo the bargains.

Prettymama,
It is very 'sian' to upload pics. I know because it's frustrating waiting for upload. But then, we as sellers can monitor and update what is sold.
If the users don't resize, there is no way they can possibly upload pics as the file is too big.

Dear Janet

I dont mind the wait but I dread having to resize the pix over and over again coz digicam has good resolutions. Haiz... so much to sell an item, somemore at a low price!

Dear Janet

But the thought that others can make better and fuller use of the items keeps me going
happy.gif

The money is just to keep the "basic operation" going since envelopes, scotch tapes, ... cost some money too!

Stamps, envelopes (sometimes big ones) and going to the post office means time and money involved too. But it's the joy of selling to someone who needs the item more than us and rather than seeing it as a 'white elephant' at home.

mrs Poh,
i would appreciate if u stop being such a tell-tale and report people's threads.
i have more than one size for the clothes because my husband bought wrong sizes and the most a couple of xtra for my son and nephews. i dont have a bulk amount to sell, so it shouldnt be under the business thread. its just clearing what i dont need at home.

so please, if u have nothing better to do, dont make other people's lives worse.
thanks.

Mrs Poh,
Firstly, I have to inform you I don't know Tricia personally. She has ever posted the above-mentioned items for sale sometime ago. The items posted above are for the same Old Navy tops. She's not running a biz.

hi wonder,
I have already informed Bee Lee about responding to mums who require a certain something that I have. She says that is fine just as long as I don't spam users who don't request for such related items.

And chubbybear is NOT me. Why should I bother doing that when I've already paid for a biz thread? Chubbybear in fact has mailed me to ask if she could start a BP so that I can sell my items cheaper than what I'm selling at the biz thread and my response was a YES. So, I guess she immediately created it with the new pics that I've mailed her she says that the pics were not clear enough.

Please pm me for clarification before you post such accusations cos this is really hurting for someone who tries to follow the rules set by SG.

Fistly, thank you for your explanation. mummies like us will not know what internal arrangement biz owners have with moderators.

secondly, i did not say you are chubbybear. i dont know how you extrapolate from my simple question.

thirdly, this is not accusation. i am just purely asking.

hi wonder,
thanks for your response but would appreciate it if you could pm the person for an explanation should you have any doubts about certain things.
it is true chubbybear is getting some items from me and she was hoping that she could get a discount by organising a BP. i told her that BP are welcomed but i have limited quantities for some items and told her that she must make it clear to the other mums. i am just trying to help someone get a better deal. i meani would do everything i can to help anyone if i can afford to.

hope this clears things and thanks once again for responding.

have a nice Sunday - whatever is left of it.
happy.gif

CL/BL,
i have nothing against anyone. If the above thread i mentioned can be posted repeatly, with diff sizes, anyone also can do it. The seller mentioned she is not doing a biz, only she knows.
Anyway, if this allow, then i can also bring in clothes with a few sizes, and post bit by bit, i can post 1~2 sizes for this wk, after i sold, i post other 2 sizes.
Tricia, I like doing what I'm doing now, so many others also reporting thread, why dont u go scold every single 1? because i expose your biz, so u very unhappy? if u are not doing a biz, why should u get so worked up? haha, must be i got it right, so u faster 'jump' out to defence yourself, isit?

Hi Christina and working mom,

We hope everyone will cooperate to keep the forum tidy and organise. This is done for the convenience of everyone. We'll watch the developments first and see how it goes.

Yes, the rate has gone up slightly for weekly advertising. This is because we would like to encourage potential clients to sign-up for a longer period as our experience has shown that most of the advertisers actually sign-up for more than once or a week. Previously, we check with the advertisers at the end of their advertising week if they would like to continue. This has inevitably increase our admin work. We wanted to reduce the admin work so we would like to encourage monthly advertising more.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Veryberry,

Actually, anyone can just click on "Start New Thread" available at the bottom of the page to start the relevant threads.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi all,

Please be advised that we appreciate our members who highlight threads to us for our investigation as we can't possibly track or read every single thread. We would also like to highlight to everyone that the final decision whether a thread is removed or an account suspended is made solely by us, the moderators only. For any clarification, please feel free to contact us. Everyone is just trying to help make the forum a better place.

kao_biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Violet Blaze,

Our advertisers are strongly discouraged to go beyond their threads in the "Marketplace and Exchange corner (Bussiness)" section. The thread you highlighted is not our advertiser. Appropriate actions will be taken. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Mrs Poh,

im not scolding u, just explaining--u of all the other forummers cuz u are stepping on my toes. like janet has said, my stuff have been the same old stuff all along. nothing new. if im doing a biz like that, would have gone bust long time ago.

i already said im NOT doing a biz so if u dont understand simple english and want to continue acting mrs detective, pls go ahead. i have much much better things to do than to entertain u.

thanks

FYI, i dont only report your threads, if you can read, u can scroll back and see other threads i've reported.
As what CL has mentioned, we only 'highlight' to him, it's up to the mod to decide/justify. Since u say u are not doing a biz, why so anxious to accused me of tale-telling? I think u owe me a apology for pointing a finger at me, accusing me as a tale-teller.
And, i only highlight it out, by doing so, will make people's life worse?
So many many people is also highlighting, are all also tale-teller? Just because i highlighted your thread, so u can anyhow call me names???

CL/BL
after a biz thread owner ends their advertisments on your board, if they keep getting other to do BP, is this fair to other biz thread owner who renew their advertising with SMH?
I believe, you are able to trace back, after this pangbaobao ends their advertisment with SMH, how many BP has be done on their products? I think this is not been very fair to other biz thread owners. Who knows maybe it's the expired biz threads owner, who get members in SMH to do BP?
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449156/487855.html?1155564647#POST1963061
this thread has so many design, sizes, qty, can be allowed?
If this is not been control well, i believe, other biz thread owners, may not renew in future, and just get members of SMH to do BP.
Please advise/justify.

Hi bliss,
The 2nd link you provided was a biz thread which i reported earlier as she advertised in all the MTB threads.

Hi Chin Ling,
Pls take note, she is operating an online biz.

Hi all,

Please take note that we are seriously considering restricting the number of BPs from a paticular source. For example, if the items of a BP is from supplier ABC, we may restrict the BP from the same source to only 2 times, or any numbers, solely at our discretion. Any further BP from ABC will be disallowed.

Please understand that there are operating costs involve in running the portal. The bandwidth consumed is increasing on a daily basis. As the number of users and postings increased, we forsee that very soon, we'll need to add another server. It is not possible for us to run the portal for the long term if there isn't a positive revenue stream.

Even though we've introduced business thread listing, the take up rate has been insufficient. Many business owners would rather masquerade as a "regular" user and organise BP selling their products. To many regular members of the forum, I believe you'll also realised that there has actually been more business owners who have abused the forum.

Even though we have a team of volunteer moderators who have diligently help us to remove abused threads and accounts, it is still overwhelming.

Also, we received comments from business owners that they don't need to advertise because they have SingaporeMotherhood members who organise BPs for them in the forum and they have enough business without the need to advertise with us.

We simply cannot go on haemorrhaging like this. Especially the businesses who benefitted freely from consuming our resources. We've always look for a win-win solution but it seems like many only believe in "they-win, we lose" situation. Believe me, we've tried very hard.

It has always been our objective to build SingaporeMotherhood.com into full portal for Singapore parents. All these will require both time and financial resources.

This is a serious problem we'll need to resolve if we were to be here for the long term.

Please feel free to share your views and comments.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Chin Leng,
Does this apply to sprees directly from Gymboree, Old Navy and GAP websites ? I feel that these should not be restricted, since it is quite clear that we are ordering direct from the websites.

I fully support your decision concerning BP from unknown suppliers. The organizer could very well be the supplier. In fact, I feel that they should be banned altogether.

In the case of the recent BP of milk powder, since the supplier is unknown, there is a risk that this milk powder may be fake products, which may cause serious health risks to babies. It is worrying to see mommies jumping at the chance to save some money. Furthermore, all they have is the email address of the organizer, who can easily disappear with the money. I feel that tighter control is necessary.

HI CL,
I fully support your decision. I agree with tamarind, spree should be excuse from the above ruling.
happy.gif

Thanks to you and the moderators for maintaining this board.

Oh no, pls don't include the Amosco eclairs. No mum in Singapore has a fridge large enough to store everyone's order.

An addict

tamarind,
I fully agree with your regarding the milk powder BP.For things that is going into our precious little ones' mouth and stomach, I think we need to exercise caution regarding the source and storage condtion of food products.

Chin Leng,

I do also hope that sprees directly from overseas online stores should not be restricted.

As for local BPs,it's quite obvious that some are masquerading as BP organisers,especially kids clothings.

CL
yes, pls continue to allow us to order from Amosco! we need to hit a min $100 to entitle free delivery so there is a need to gather orders to share amongst the mommies here!

thanks!

Back