Child Adoption

afternoon Mary.. i think we all know how that feels.. wait till u get to the part where u r waiting for the agent's call..and then waitin for bb to arrive in SIN!!

this thread is so quiet.. mummies all v bz
happy.gif

anyone watching any HK dramas? any dramas to recommend?

Hi all, actually we shed enjoy the time now.
Enjoy the process of waiting n keep ourselves occupied.

Undecided: just finish watching on call 36小时。very nice lei. U watch Taiwan idol drama? I watching 爱上巧克力now. Very nice love show. Very funny also

Hi undecided, I also saw such cute shoes at OG Albert when I go shopping. Super cute, cost only abt $9.90 to $12.90 I think.

Cheaper that the price on website

little_girl : i only watch HK and US dramas. i've watch on call 36hrs liao! now watching lives of omission n finishing it today! i have tried watching some korean dramas but they just dun excite me.. as for taiwan idol drama.. i might give it a try.. last time i watched one on tv n was totally hooked.. i think it was mei le jia you..

OG albert? i'll go have a look one day when i m nearby.. do they have the same stuff in the OG in town? yeah, i saw 18 pounds for the shoes i was thinking they must be insane if they think i wil pay that kind of price of it!

Er... I think they shd hv. They have a kids dept too. Quite big also. I like OG orchard point too.
Basically, I just look at kids stuff wherever I am. Think I a bit obsessed Liao.

Hi little_girl and everyone: yeah we are all waiting for HSR approval now so a bit quiet. Yes, I would love to meet up with our babies next year.

Haha! We r like expectant parents.. Waiting 9 months for baby! I luv to look at baby stuff now too! I think it's fun!

My hubby's in USA now shopping like crazy for the bb! Dunno how to stop him from overbuying!

he bought lots n lots n lots of clothes! we wan a gal.. for sure.. n all the stuff he bought v girly! prints n flowers- dresses, rompers, jeans n as expected, he bought a 'i love daddy' bib or romper.. i cannot remember..

he was at the factory outlet n bought some polo ralph stuff then at the mall he bought some gymboree stuff and after a break, he went back n bought more stuff!

so scary..although i think it is alot more fun shopping overseas.. and sometimes cheaper too!

there will be lots of laundry to do when he gets back.. plus, i need a wardrobe for baby! a big one!

He bought range of sizes.. Nothing too small in case bb's big n chubby! We can grab small ones here after we've seen the bb..

I've been having insomnia!! Aww man! How I wish I can sleep as much as I used too!

well, technically u shd wait till u have identified the bb.. at least u roughly know the bb's size..

hubby doesn't go to the states all that often plus it's sale time at the shop so might as well. n also...in case there is no sale the next time he is there!

Undecided is with lovely babies.

Yeah yeah, we shd meet up often in the future, parents can support one another, children got friends who are adopted as well. else scare they will feel they are aliens/rejected by their birth parents when the rest of their friends are all brought up by birth parents.

splw18 - which stage of adoption r u at? if this is a repeat qn, i'm sorry. might have missed it..

we can have a FB group eventually and it will be easier to arrange for stuff.. or chat.. or watever..

lai ling - nope, i have not.. missed an opportunity coz hubby's not in town.. given the agent dates which we will be avail to avoid 'disappointments' again.(coz he goes away for days or weeks sometimes) hopefully there will be an angel waiting for us next week! and yes, i m with lovely as per reply by little_girl..

Yes yes, why not, I think it's a good idea to hv a face book group. Then we can also see each other bb grow at different stages( if u all hv habits of posting pics) on fb.

But I not very IT savvy. Hope there is some expert here to set up the group. I can pm her to give my email address.

Little_girl: my husband same as yours. Don't buy anything yet. We also want a girl. Planning to go for last holiday in dec or early jan so baby will be after that.

undecided, thats because they cannot find it in their hearts to love a child for a child. They are people with very small mindset and every smaller hearts.
I do not care for or bother about beings who can actual say that.
So please do not bother you sweet little heart about things like that. Always remember, only you are in your shoes. No one else. Everyone can say a lot of things but only you can feel the yearn and pain.
Just focus on the joy of holding your baby for the first time. It is absolutely fabulous!! Trust me, my joy is now 28 months old.

rameena4ever : TQ for keeping me calm n sober.. lol..

i am also getting alot of make sure u check birth parents background.. have a look at their picture.. check if they have good genes.. y r u in a hurry to adopt..

totally pissing.. wud have told them off if only they were not my aunts! bummer!

hi undecided, Cool down, ppl are not us, as long as we know wat we are doing is right, just go ahead.

I know and understand where your aunts are coming from. I also agree with them that we do not need to be in a hurry to adopt but we can always view the babies and choose the one we like. My hubby and I are intending to adopt a daughter which both of us have fond feelings for.

However, I disagree with the check if they have good genes, I seriously wondering how we can check they have good genes.

Ladies, who had messaged me for the FB page, I have sent u a 'friend' request. You'll have it from fb id "giftsat budgetprice". Please accept it & help me start one. I can start the group "SG Adoption" only of you could accept the request. (no commercial obligations meant here).

Hi Rameena4ever!!!!
seeing u in this thread, after ages (i should say almost 15 mths). My lil son is a naughty tod (19 mths old)

Hope all is ok with u
happy.gif

Little girl & others
I want u to accept the friend request, then only, we can start the FB page. That was i meant in my previous post.

little girl : i slept till now n totally cool! lol! i know they r concerned.. but it is frustrating whenever i ivf then mum n all wil ask y in a hurry to do ivf.. then now adoption.. mum is ok but aunts ask y in hurry.. y not try naturally.. duh! like i have not tried.. gone thru so much pain n crap..besides, i m 38.. wanna still be able to play with my kids and dun wanna wait till i go out with them n people think they r my grand kids! can die!

anyway, thanks for listening! i m alright now! hub's coming back tonight! yay! happier still!

mrs ha : i have accepted the request.. thank u

Mrs _ha, nice to see you too!! I am a ghost follower of this thread. But I decided that undecided needed a pep talk and so I opened my mouth. Haha,

Hi Mrs Ha, I've sent you my email address.
Hi gals, we just brought home our little boy 3 weeks ago, love to know everyone here too
happy.gif

little_girl: still deciding where to go. What about you?
undecided: i know how you feel, i went thru ivf twice and had a miscarriage. don't know about you but I can feel i'm not so energetic nowadays. Need to start a family soon before I get too old.
rameena4ever and Mrs Ha: thanks for the encouragement. what a joy it is to be able to hold that bundle of joy after so long a wait. Waiting for that day when i hold my baby.
happy.gif

hi Latan,
I going Korea... winter... just love winter area.

No $ to go far since adoption use $ liao and must save for our future little princess.

Little_girl: nice. I have not been to Korea. Don't think we can afford Korea.
Jass: all the best for your interview. Don't be stressed. Just relax and be yourself. 1 step closer. Yay.

rameena4ever : ghost follower sounds creepy! lol.. but thanks for the talk! it is always good to have people help u stay cool..

min21 : that is so so nice! how old was your son when he arrived home with u? u must be v v bz but having a blast!!! when we get our fb group, u gotta post pics for us to c! same for the other mummies!

jass : gonna be a long but not too tough session.. like what everyone else said, relax and all will be well!!!

LAtan : i think i started feeling less energetic looong ago! lol.... now even mopping the floor gives me a backache!

Back