Carpe Diem Childcare resort @ Punggol?

Yes, I have sent my daug when she was 17mths. I started a half day for her and now she is on full day since both hubby and myself find that she can adapt to the environment well. She is always looking forward to go school. U intend to send your child there?

i also just sent my gal there after CNY.. parents can be there for the 1st 3 days.. bitrix, your cal in which group?

Hi Sweetbaby & blurgu33n ,

My gal now 19mths will turns 20mths by next week. She is in toddler group. I have accompanied her for the 1st 3 days and then left her there with the teacher on the 4th days onwards.

Hi blurgu33n, which group did you put your gal?

Hi blurgu33n,

Kelly is my daughter. What's your daug name and how old is she? Is she adapting well now?

Do you send your daugh to and fro to the childcare or school bus?

mine's Jeryn. coming to 2.5yrs. supposed to go up N1 I think..
She cries when she takes the school bus. reach school ok liao.. but refuses to nap! felt very insecure... how about kelly?

I am glad that Kelly adapt well abt 2 weeks she ok liao.. Oh yes , she cried when taking bus intitally but now okay. Give your gal some times, she will adapt to it. You can let your gal bring along her favourite soft toy or pillow so that she will not feel insecure. Kelly brought along her favourite piglet soft toy to school for abt 2 weeks and after that she just ignore the toy liao.....

sigh.. i let her bring along the bolster, but according to lilian, she's really insecure. she has been like this since I delivered my 2nd child. prob that's y. really hope she'll be ok...

oic, can understand how she felt. Perhaps you need to focus more on her if not she will feels being left out.

For me, I have been focusing on Kelly all times and let my MIL and maid concentrate on the nbr 2.(I have just delivered last mth)since the baby can't sense or feel the jealousy as kelly does. Also, have to always attend to her first then after the nbr 2 so that she feels that mummy still care and put priority on her. Dun worries, give your gal sometimes , everything will be alright.

the thing is i dun really have help.. if my hubby is working a bit late, i'm alone with the 2 of them... will just hope everything will be fine..

Are you a stay at hm mum? Must be very tied up with both kids alone. I can understand your situation. Really can't get someone to help out, you not intending to hire a maid?

Dun worries, it is a matter of time that your gal will get adapt to the new environment and new member of the family.

Hey blurqu33n, how's your gal now , in school already? I have just called school to check and so far situation under control. We went japan holiday since last 2 weeks and I will send my gal to school tmr.

Hey Sumiko, you need to check with the school regards the duration of the journey cause they do have few school buses for different routes.

As for mosquito problem , they do apply insect repellent to the children when out field for playing.

I read from its website that some course are optional and need to pay extra for them. any idea what are optional and the charges??

Hey, so far I have not been asked to pay for extra. Perhaps you need to check with the school for your better understanding. Cheer!

Jeryn has returned to school on Mon. She has clearance from pd already. Anyway, she was a suspected case. Pd never confirm she HFMD as she only had 3 mouth ulcers. That's it.
How nice, Japan.. I brought Jeryn there last year... hee...
Anyway, I asked Jeryn who did not attend school on Monday and she told me Kelly. Was wondering if it was true, so now u confirmed it.. haha..

sumiko, ya, u've gotta check with Lynn (the centre ic) the available timings for the bus...

wow your gal so smart! Kelly really enjoyed herself in Japan. She kept telling me minnie mouse, mickey mouse after visiting the disneyland.

Glad to hear that your gal are okay. Lynn have told me that she will quaratine the affected child 2 days in her office before releasing to the class although with the approval from the doctor to play safe.

Jeryn has joined the class coz she was declared ok last wed, and only went back this mon... HFMD was in the news yesterday, 500 over cases liao... scary..

Hey blurqu33n, it's indeed scary to receive such news. Kelly had high fever last friday only go to school today.

Hmm no news from sweetbaby, wonder she has put her child at carpe diem?

Take care.

Hi Bitrix

My boy still too young juz window shopping first. I also saw lots of other centers there.
What made u choose carpe diem?

sweetbaby, the big outdoor area and the many positive feedbacks i received from my ex colleagues prompted me..

bitrix, jeryn has moved up to N1. She requested for it herself as one of her todd fren (amanda) was moved up last month.. haha

Hi sweetbaby, oic so you still have time to check around . I have the same comments as blurqu33n like the big outdoor area and if weather permits, the kids will be out at the green having their meals. I like the environment as it gives me a very relaxing peaceful for the children. Perhaps you should pay a visit to the school check it out the environment.

Hi blurqu33n, oh really good to hear that she moved to N1 but sad that Kelly have lost 2 friends now...

Hi everyone,

Just found this thread. I'm also thinking of sending my daughter to this cc. I've gone to see the place today. Spacious and airy, but I'm not very sure of the curriculum there.
Blurqu33n and Bitrix, any feedback on what your children have learnt? btw, my daughter will also be in the toddler class.

Thanks!

she learnt tons of songs back... they have different activities everyday of the week, and it's a lot of hands-on.. my gal enjoys it lots..

Hi Alexzander, welcome to this thread!

Each month they have a specific topic to learn. For example : "myself" - the kids will learn abt their eyes, nose, mouth, ear ,hands , legs etc. "family ",they will get to know grandparent, parent and sibling etc..

After this, they will get to do colouring of the picture and will bring back hm. Also, they do painting as well.

Sometimes, kelly does bring back story books from school that's for us to know to read for her and then will return back to school the next day.

When your gal be joining the class? May I know her name? She will be kelly's new friend now.

Hi!

blurqu33n, good to hear that your gal enjoys it. I feel more reassured. I brought my gal there yday. She seems alright with the place, exploring and picking up toys herself. She even joined the class for their lunch. She saw how everyone was feeding themselves and wanted to do it too! I was very happy to see that.
Bu somehow, I feel very heartpain to send her to school so young. She just turned 18 months. But guess I have no choice as my maid can't cope with 2 children (my second one is 2 mths plus) and I'm returning to work in 2 weeks time.

Bitrix, Should be enrolling my gal in 1 or 2 weeks time. She is Meghan. Think there is another Megan in the class.
Did you all use their transport service? If so, is it safe?
Also heard that there are mosquitoes there. DId your kids get bitten alot?

I also made enquiries at Q dees. They only have 3 toddlers. So there is more attention. Did you all consider Q dees? Why did you all choose Carpe Diem instead?

so far, the bus driver that's ic of jeryn i like a lot.. i think she's safe...
as for mosquitoes, insect repellent will be sprayed on them whenever they're going outdoors...
carpe diem was recommended by many of my frens who have their children there.. so i send my gal there too..

Hi Alexander, dun worry! I sent kelly when she was 17mths and glad that she adapts the environment well. Give meghan sometimes to adapt, I am sure she will love the school and friends over there.

Yes, kelly takes their school bus and is safe as she has safety belt buckle on!

As for mosquitoes, so far I did not get to see any bites for kelly . Dun worry, the teacher will spray insect repellent when they are outdoors and every week they do fumigation for health concern.

I have no recommendation from anyone jus check into their website and found some parent's comment which I have then decided to put kelly in carpe diem after visting the school.

Cheer!

hi to the mummies,

I'm glad to find this thread.

My gal is also with carpe diem childcare resort, toddler class. She the other Megan! She on half-day now. will be letting her go full day when i go back to work in Aug. I also have another baby, 4 months now. My megan also ultra sticky to me. she seems like a diff person when she comes back from childcare. pretend to cry to get my attention. very stressful!

I remember seeing Jeryn and kelly too when i accompanied Megan during her 1st 3 days. Megan's coming to 2.5yrs this end april but i dun think she's ready for N1 yet. refused to be toilet trained. cried when her teacher, Meng lao shi and lillian removed her diapers! big headache for me.

My Megan also kena HFMD during her 4 week in cc. so leceh. had to quarantine her at my mum's place for 5 days. I'm glad the cc does not have any new cases now. keeping my fingers crossed.

blurqu33n, which bus is jeryn taking? the white one or the grey one? Megan will have to take bus to cc when i go back to work. now I send and pick her up everyday.

Alezander, the best thing about sending Megan to school was to have her pick up mandarin. she loves to singing chinese songs now. my gal is an english potato, until she went to school. my husband is very pleased as he's been trying very hard to teach Megan Chinese.

Whoa, a new member to this thread!
awl: ur bb born in jan? boy or gal? i've a boy born 6 dec 07.. ever since then, jeryn has been feeling a bit insecure and clamours for our attention quite often. now always wan us to carry coz she sees us always carrying the lil one.. sigh..
Jeryn is taking the white van, with Mr Lim as the driver. Apparently he's the one for the punggol route..

i agree they pick up more things from the childcare centre: new songs, new rhymes, of course new germs and also 'new but may not be good' habits from their frens. Nevertheless, the pros still surpass the cons..

hi blurqu33n,

my no 2 is a gal born in 12dec07. so your boy is 6 days older than my gal. actually my husband and i were dispppointed when we knew it was a gal but not anymore!

my megan is just like your jeryn. always pretending to cry to get my attention. she's terrible at home. scream or cry when she doesn't get what she wants and refuse to listen. ppl tell me it's the terrible 2 phase and it will be like that. aiyo....stressed la.

megan will also take the white bus when she goes full day in july. so good la. they will have company. she will take bus from hougang, rio vista, my mum's place. the bus uncle says he will come at 7.50am.

today, the N1 teacher sun lao shi told me that Megan will join the N1 class end April. will be classmate with jeryn then.

btw, anyone know why the previous centre ic, lynn left?

awl, gals r such darlings at times right? how old is megan?

I asked sun lao shi about jeryn's behaviour in class. she said very good and obedient. Ha.. at home is different story.. we send her to a time out corner at home when she's naughty..

750, that's early. jeryn will only board the bus around 840 every morning, unless my hubby has to go to work early. good, so jeryn will have her old fren joining her in class.

no idea why lynn left, but prob rotated to other centres? I've to check with my excolleagues who has children there and who's more 'kpo' than me.. Haha

hi blur,

megan will be 2.5 yrs end of this month. she's like jeryn. meng laoshi also said she's very good in school, but behaviour changed the moment she stepped out of school. We too have a time-out corner for megan but she screams or whines when we send her there.

I was happy with Lynn but feel a little uncomfortable that a male is now in charge of the centre. However, they have made some changes and I do see more teachers too. so far no new cases of HFMD, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm so worried Megan will get it again, now that the number of new cases in other cc is rising. better to keep the kids at home during weekends.

alezander, when is meghan starting with carpe diem?

britix, i saw kelly yesterday when i picked megan up. think she has grown since I last saw her a month ago. she seems very independent too.

hihi mummies,

just picked up megan from school. there's a new case of HFMD at the centre today. it's a child from the N1 class. I called up David and he told me that the child was not in school today. so quite a relief. he assured me that they are isolating that N1 class from the rest and stepping up checks and efforts at disinfecting the place. to be fair, I think the centre has done quite a good job at keeping the place clean.

hihi

my friend who's pretty chummy with the teachers told me lynn left cos she got a better offer somewhere else.

anyways i've stillhave not decided on which childcare. i like carpe diem cos of the outdoors
happy.gif

how are you kids adjusting to no tablesor chairs in the classroom?

wow this thread is active again! Sorry mummies here,I am pretty busy for the past few days therefore no time to log into this forum.

Hi awl10, welcome to this thread I am glad more mummies joining now so we can share and exchange here. You think Kelly have grown, perhaps I see her daily so dun really see the different kekekeke... Oh yes, she is quite independent probably follow me.

I am surprised that Lynn has left it is a pity and I hope David Tan will be as good as her.

Cheer!

hi hi morning...

Ya, heard about the case in Jeryn's class.. I kept her away from school today coz my hubby is worried she'll get it again. so, she's now home with my hubby.. hopefully, things will be 'safer' when she returns on Monday..

ya, heard that Lynn left the centre coz she wasn't really happy with ppl 'up there', dunno if it's true... I've yet to interact with David Tan though..

sweetbaby, my gal has no problems adjusting to it coz at home, she's also always on the floor.. haha... hope to see your darlin in school soon...

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers fast.

This morning,I made a call to David talked to him abt the recent case where the little boy died flew out of the school bus due to no safety belt buckle. He assured me that he is now looking into this matter and will stress/address this issue to the school driver cos I told him we parents dun wan to put our child in the risk.

Hope some of the mummies here could bring this to his attention as well so that he could feel the tension. Tks!

hi all,

bad news. I found 2 ulcers in Megan's mouth this morning. brought her to doc. now only suspected hfmd cos only 2 ulcers.

britix, Megan is in the same class as kelly. I kept her at home on friday and today. I understand from Meng lao shi that some kids are down with fever and flu.

blur, hope jeryn recovers quickly. how bad are the ulcers this time?

Hi awl10 tks for your info.I will monitor Kelly when she is back from school today. If necessary, I will also keep her at hm to be safe.

hi hi,

these time her mouth are really bad with the red spots, and ulcers near the entrance of the throat. Rashes can be seen on her limbs also. Full blown I think...

ya, my god son, taiyi, in toddler class also has got 1 ulcer (as of last night).. pls be vigilant.. horrid process to go thru..

Back