Can Pregnant drink RIBENA?

thanks celia.. me trying to... cos is 1st time MTB and then quite blur and facts and informations... so kan cheong lo.. especially for 1st trimester... which people said is most important period..

ya, can understand that u as 1st MTB sure kan cheong. Just try to relax and eat normally as u wld when u're not pregnant. I take whatever I like eg. ice cream, pizza, fast food, fruits, etc. I just skip those that are too liang i.e grass jelly drinks, coconut (started taking when I reaching final lap i.e 1 more month to go), pineapple. But I'm lucky that my urine test always ok even though I take alot of sweet stuff like coke, packet drinks.

you are lucky lo... but i heard some ladies they eat as normal but their sugar in blood raised ... unexpectedly

sad to say nowadays i cant even drink ribena liao.. dun seems to be able to accept the taste liao... even for honey i also drink it only when i need to swallow my folic acid before bed... now in office i drink packet crysanthenum tea .. sometimes milo... sometimes try drink hot plain water but few sips only...

aiyo, hope u feel better as u process nearer to mid term. Some MTBs dislike their own saliva as they said it taste super duper bitter. Very suffering leh. Try to dilute your packet drink if u scare kena gestational diabetes which is common for MTBs especially those whose family got diabetes history

ya.. i added water to the apple juice.. but still so sweet... now i stop drinking totally.. i switch to packet chrysanthenum tea... hubby said this kind of chrysanthenum tea not those brewed ones... so shouldnt be cooling.. is just a sweetened drink... so i drink lo.. now almost 1 packet per day.. drink bit by bit lo.. choose the not so sweet type... tho still worried lar.. but no choice leh... drink milk will vomit also... dun dare to try yogurt drink..

anyone tried those packet form of soya bean milk?? i mean those packet tall tall one like hi-lo milk packet but is soyabean milk... is it good and ok to drink?

I also drank ribena during pregnancy. craving for sweet stuff then, so no choice. but try not to take too much sweet stuff as you will put on weight very fast.

i drank lots of ribena during preg but i chose to buy those big bottle type n made my own. at least its not too sweet. also dun wanna put on weight too much n risk myself of getting Gest Diabetics.

I drink it almost everyday when conceiving my little girl... I didn't restrict myself to drink or eat anything ( other than those that are advise by my doctor not to take.. things like alcohol etc) Just want to keep myself in "happy mood" all day... ! I think it does have a effect on my gal. She always smiling to people around her when she is born.. god bless.

I tink not everyday as you can get gestational diabetes. And baby can get phlegm when born.

I do drink during my pregnancy, like once or twice a week, and also my fav bubble tea, but everything in moderation.

I dont drink tea and coffee so can make up for some sweet treats.

try to avoid ribena & orange juice during preg... if not drink once awhile... otherwise will cause loads of phlegm in babies.

Hi all,

i'm very new here, i saw this topic when i search online about drinking ribena during pregnancy..lolx..

then i would like to tok abt the topic of the Brown Discharge >.<..cos i'm experiencin it the next day i went for my check up, my husband n i was quite worried abt it and went for check up again..i tink for 1st pregnancy, alot of ting to worried =p..but i hope tat those who're experiencin this..try to relax becos it could be normal..

But can i check with ani mtb here, whether you'll have ani cramps (mens cramp)?

my colleague told me not to drink ribena bcos it's not suitable for kids below 2yrs old and our unborn baby is considered below 2 yrs old.. I find it funny.. cos my gynae said if in between the day if I'm hungry I can take some ribena, milo.. I can still take plain water, but lately craving more cold plain water (maybe bcos of the weather or like wat pple say, pregant women tends to feel warmer than others).

initially I kept away my daily morning coffee for the first few weeks, but gynae said one cup a day is fine but not cola, so now occasionally I'll drink coffee instad of milo or cereal. for soft drinks, I kept away cola, but still drink Sprite (at a company function) and the taste and feeling is great.. haha..

btw, I'm into my week 11 now.. 1st time mother..

I ate like normal throughout. Everything in moderation -- just don't overdose on vitamins, certain foods in excessive amounts. Fortunately I'm not a coffee/tea addict so largely just drink water, juice, ribena and whatever's available.

I also detest the taste of plain water these days n craving for ribena everytime... but i make it dilute using the bottle ribena to mix so i can drink more cups since i just cant stand plain water ....

think ribena should be fine, but in moderation of cos...

my previous pregnancy, i also drinking coke like nobody biz even in the 1st trimster.... no choice, body just dun feel rite if i dun drink... damn strong craving for coke sia, at least 1 can a day, so heng sia no complications... some sae cos it's a girl so crave for sweet stuff... :p

I drink ribena too. but actually i prefer drinking warm water instead once i know i'm pregnant. before i was pregnant, i don't like to drink plain water, not even ice water. but this baby make me like water...

i m oso drinking ribena daily, but i tink its not so gd to drink so sweet everyday rite? but plain water taste so yucky...other den ribena, wat other drinks can we consume huh?

as for honey,i saw some shops selling wild honey to b mixed wif water for drinking,can i ask whether it is safe for pregnancy? cos the shops claim that the honey is pure honey n the wild honey drink is safe for pregnant ladies, but i m still worried...

Dear Chloe. Some teas like peppermint, rooibos, camomile, ginger, etc does not contain caffeine and should be safe to drink throughout pregnancy. Everyone pregnancy is different, but as a caution, we should minimise the amount of sugar intake during this period. Gestational diabetes can be a real threat and may impose lots of unnecassary risk to the pregnancy. Perhaps your gynae can advise because he/she has been seeing you?

hi frogprincess, my gynae is not v sure abt wild honey..but she oso mentioned that honey is safe, so i m not sure whether i shd not take wild honey..saw yummy house selling wild honey n they claim its safe for pregnant ladies, but not sure is it true or not..

Ribena and any bottle/packet drinks that has an expiry date contains preservatives. Which should be avoided, especially when you are preggy.

As we gets heavy and heart pumps more blood, we need to consume more fluids for hydration, we increase our fluid intake.

I would advise to take water and if you just cannot stomach water, add a squeeze of lemon to warm water. Natural source of vit c and alter the taste of water. a couple of peppermint leaves crushed also do the trick. lemongrass bruised and boiled down with some natural cane sugar (not the regular white sugar) makes a nice syrup that can be use cold or hot or warm.

I advise against honey for initial stage becos of pollens present in it. May trigger allergies or histamines in body to cause allergic reactions.... those off the shelf in supermarkets contains more sugar than honey.

Coke/Pepsi is definitely out of question as the main ingredients are sugar and phospheric acid, which is why can clean out rust/dirty toilet bowls, tenderise meats (acid breaks down the meat muscle tissues), just to name a few. And of cause the caffeine issue....

Back