Breastfeeding anyone?

hklim

Hi mommies & mommies to be!

It's my first baby and I'm thinking of looking for a confinement nanny but I don't know whether there is any point in getting a stay in confinement nanny if I'm going to breastfeed fully... After all, I have to wake up at night still right?

Any advice? :)

Btw, is it tough to breastfeed? Scared I wun have enough milk...

hi dear, I have breastfed my 3 kids (till they were 2.5yrs old and am currently stil bf my youngest) without maid or confinement lady...can order tingkat now if need confinement food! :p as for breastfeeding it's really a lot of determination ( my initial breastmilk did not come in till 3 moths post-natallly! ) but the benefits and rewards are priceless...healthy kids and endless bond :) hang in there n dun give up!

Do babies really drink breast milk till 2.5 years? Did u pump all 2.5 yrs or latched? My baby is 7 months and sometimes she is like crazy rejecting breast milk .. :(

It's my first baby and I'm thinking of looking for a confinement nanny but I don't know whether there is any point in getting a stay in confinement nanny if I'm going to breastfeed fully... After all, I have to wake up at night still right?

For first MTB, full time BF is not a granted thing hor... be mentally prepared that your supply may not come in the first week after birth, just have to keep latching or pumping every 2-3 hrs... Confinement lady helps in other ways example help your new born to bathe, take care of him/her (all the pooing, peeing), cook confinement food and all the washing... while you rest ... CL will bring the bb to you on scheduled timing, usually CL will also sleeps with new born and will bring to the mummy every 3 hrs in the night.

Its good to have extra help during the first month as the transition may be overwhelming for new mummy... if you have enough help from your MIL, mother or even spouse, i think CL may not be needed... just my thought...

hklim my very first child I had to alternate by giving minimal formula till my milk came in at 3 months, main thing you really need to do is latch on frequently in order to stimulate the milk glands...dun try pumping yet cuz I tried doing that post labour for first few hours (kiasu syndrom) and ended up having cracked nipple that bled! ...had a lot of backlash from "concerned parties" cuz all were afraid I did not have enough and my first baby was big...4.2kg... so my subsequent babies both no issues cuz milk ducts edi formed...samaira_mom, I have tried both pumping and latching but somehow all my babies prefer latching...my eldest even refused bottle till I come back from night shift just to latch...and yes...all drank till 2..5 yrs but i think my current youngest will be longer...:p...ecym if you have the financial means, yes it's good to have an extra pair of hands provided they are really trustworthy...my colleague hired one CL in the end found out CL was stealing her baby's clothes!

hklim my very first child I had to alternate by giving minimal formula till my milk came in at 3 months, main thing you really need to do is latch on frequently in order to stimulate the milk glands...dun try pumping yet cuz I tried doing that post labour for first few hours (kiasu syndrom) and ended up having cracked nipple that bled! ...had a lot of backlash from "concerned parties" cuz all were afraid I did not have enough and my first baby was big...4.2kg... so my subsequent babies both no issues cuz milk ducts edi formed...samaira_mom, I have tried both pumping and latching but somehow all my babies prefer latching...my eldest even refused bottle till I come back from night shift just to latch...and yes...all drank till 2..5 yrs but i think my current youngest will be longer...:p...ecym if you have the financial means, yes it's good to have an extra pair of hands provided they are really trustworthy...my colleague hired one CL in the end found out CL was stealing her baby's clothes!

Wow 3 months before milk comes? That's a really long wait! I would prob give up by then and use formula fully... You are very persistent! Must learn from you...

I'm worried about backlash too esp from CL or MIL who might say I'm starving my baby... :(

I will try ur latching on often method.. Hopefully will not take 3 mths!

Hklim jiayou! Applaud ur decision...main thing is psyche ur spouse on benefits of breast milk so that he can fight with you when "concerned" paarties voice their opinions and you won't feel so alone cuz of hormonal changes we tend to feel v alone in everything we do n that can really lead to depression...but we must understand the hubby oso come home after long day of work n deserve rest...it's a fine balance but I'm sure you can do it! Hang in there, have faith n stay strong!

Hello hklim!

It varies for different mums, depending on your milk supply. If you're worried about not having enough milk, you can drink some teas that help to boost your milk supply. Traditional Medicinals one is good. The difficulty I had was getting my baby to latch on, but as time went by it got easier... I guess it's about getting used to it!

I wrote this blogpost to help mummies with breastfeeding, I hope it can help you! :) Good luck dear!
>> http://www.theagapelifestyle.com/2014/07/15/top-15-breastfeeding-tips-mummies/

hi kgal..when is a good timing to start drinking this mothers milk organic tea?
can start drinking during entire prenatal (2nd/3rd trimester) to ensure good building of milk supply ready before giving birth?
thanks in adv.

hi kgal..when is a good timing to start drinking this mothers milk organic tea?
can start drinking during entire prenatal (2nd/3rd trimester) to ensure good building of milk supply ready before giving birth?
thanks in adv.

Hello bbb!

It depends on what brand you choose, but to be on the safe side, you should drink it during the nursing period, not during your trimester. :)
Do take a closer look at the ingredients, it matters... like for example the earth mama no more milk tea contains sage, which should be avoided during pregnancy!

For during your trimester, I suggest a pregnancy tea to help to support your pregnancy better.
How far along are you? Congratulations dear! :)

Hello bbb!

It depends on what brand you choose, but to be on the safe side, you should drink it during the nursing period, not during your trimester. :)
Do take a closer look at the ingredients, it matters... like for example the earth mama no more milk tea contains sage, which should be avoided during pregnancy!

For during your trimester, I suggest a pregnancy tea to help to support your pregnancy better.

kgal, u r awesome! thanks bunch!;)

Hello bbb!

So, kgal, Is this Traditional Medicinal pregnancy tea safe for 12-15week pregnancy, to ease the nausea?
I had tried 2sachets so far. Each sachet I brewed 2x.

So, kgal, Is this Traditional Medicinal pregnancy tea safe for 12-15week pregnancy, to ease the nausea?
I had tried 2sachets so far. Each sachet I brewed 2x.

Hello dear, the pregnancy tea by Traditional Medicinals is meant for pregnant mamas :) Did it help you ease your nausea?

Here are the directions:
Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled water over 1 tea bag.
Cover cup & Steep for 10-15 minutes
Squeeze tea bag to ensure maximum goodness in your cup.
Enjoy 3 cups daily.

Nonetheless, do discuss the usage of this product with your physician. If you have a hypersensitivity to stinging nettle plants, you might want to avoid.

Hope this helps :)

I nurse my 2 kids till they are 1.5 years old.
For Confinement Ladies - it's a good to have. it is good for mummy to rest and recuperate well in their first month. Also the night feeds will keep you awake often - diaper changing is best left to CL. Bathing of baby, general cleaning of baby, boiling of herbal bathes. Etc.

As for milk supplies. I do agree with the mummies here. A sturdy supply of milk takes 3 to 6 months at least. So for the first 3 months - don't go crazy with "why not enough milk!!!!" It drove me nuts until a mummy told me that it's quite usual for first time moms.

No. 2 was easier for me as it's a girl (1st one was a boy - strangely as huge appetite) and I had already nurse my son for over a year

Back