Baby with VSD hole in heart

Annyeong11

My 1 month old baby was diagnosed with moderate to large VSD hole in heart. The cardiologist from KKH prescribed him with diuretics to release the excess fluid from lungs to reduce the strains of his heart. Any mummy with similar experience can share with me? I would like to know about the ops of closing the hole and post ops recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

My 1 month old baby was diagnosed with moderate to large VSD hole in heart. The cardiologist from KKH prescribed him with diuretics to release the excess fluid from lungs to reduce the strains of his heart. Any mummy with similar experience can share with me? I would like to know about the ops of closing the hole and post ops recovery.

My 6 weeks old baby was detected with moderate to large VSD before birth; 4.7mm. It became bigger 1 mth after birth to 8mm.

Symptoms became much more pronounced after 4 weeks. Because he is my 2nd child, I can see and hear the difference between my elder one and his.
- couldn't last through 1 feed without a break in between
- waking up very often in the night for feed; every 1 hr.
- fast and labored breathing.
- the worst came when his crying voice seem very muffled and he will stop due to lack of breath.... or losing his voice.
- cold feet and hands.. DOC said because his circulation is getting weaker and weaker.

Went for an emergency open heart surgery last week.

I hope ur case has been settled!

My 6 weeks old baby was detected with moderate to large VSD before birth; 4.7mm. It became bigger 1 mth after birth to 8mm.

Symptoms became much more pronounced after 4 weeks. Because he is my 2nd child, I can see and hear the difference between my elder one and his.
- the worst came when his crying voice seem very muffled and he will stop due to lack of breath.... or losing his voice.
- cold feet and hands.. DOC said because his circulation is getting weaker and weaker.

Thanks for sharing it with me! May I know if your LO had the surgery at KKH? How was the surgery and recovery?

hi mummy, sorry to hear. my boy born end Jan also has large vsd, we are in nuh, prescribed furocemide. hows your baby doing now?

thanks AJDad for sharing! very helpful as din see many ppl sharing these. i saw many china cases on xiaohongshu (littleredbook). may i know how heavy is your baby when doing the surgery?and how are you guys doing now?

Back