Avent ISIS IQ Duo /Uno

happycat - THANKS!!

certainly very useful info and prompt me to get 2 uno
happy.gif

since i will be working and my company doesnt have a nursing room - i dont think the duo will offer me the mobility since it requires a power outlet.

Hi mummies...

Understand that UNO can be used as manual pumps as well.
When UNO is switched to manual mode, is it the same as the Manual pump??
What are the accessories that I need to buy to convert to manual pump??

hi mummies,

anyone has problem with the avent duo silicon petal? i find that it hurts my areola...
sad.gif
do u guys dry it up before using it? btw...i'm cup d/e...

Ciarie,
No need to buy extra accessories to convert to manual pump.. It is all included..

sexy_eyes,
Maybe the suction is too much.. Have you tried using the manual mode and control the suction yourself?

Hi yve

finally manage to figure out how the manual conversion thing comes about in Uno...
Now only praying hard that the uno that i bought will be made full use after i delivery my little on this may!!
happy.gif

Bf-ing is really a big challenge for all mummies!
Salute to those who tried..
happy.gif

sexy eyes
so glad it had work out 4 u...keep it up...

hi ciarie
Bfeeding is really a big challenge...a good support fr hub is very important...but it's worth it....

hi, all
i'm looking for a breast pump, too. after reading gendon's post, looks like size does matter.. i was an A before pregnancy and now only a modest B/C in my 8th mth. anyone with advice on different brands and models for me? thanks

Hi all,
Good to hear that so far Avent pumps have got very good reviews.
Is the Avent isis iq uno/duo suitable for big nipples? I have, what I consider, large nipples and I am really terrified of pain and soreness. Thanks.

hi bloomz
heard from a mommy that its better to get the medela for big nipples. why dont u go to TMC to try? they will charge $10 + GST for you to try. at least you won't regret your purchase.
cheers

Hi mummies,
I have personally tried medela electric plus (double pump) before for my 1st child. And also Avent manual. I personally think tt Medela suction is strong but painful esp cos i have big nipples like what Bloomz mentioned. It jus suck the entire nipple into the funnel, if turned down the suction or speed, then its does nt yield much milk.

I also have problem with getting let-down with Medela. For Avent manual i love th soft petal as it acts as a cushion and prevents ur entire nipple from being sucked into the funnel. But of course tiring.

I m expecting my 2nd child now and would prob get Avent DUO this time cos of the petal cushion and double pump feature. As for UNO i m nt sure the performance,but cos i have low milk supply, i need to double pump for maximum effect.

Hey there, thanks for your comments.
S@L, I read on the Avent website that if nipples are too big, should remove the petals and add the super nipple shield?
How about Ameda? Another one with good reviews it seems.

Bloomz,
for my case is ok although my nipples quite big. I m quite comfy with the petal, in fact it helps stimulate let-down.

Ameda works for me as well, i borrowed from a fren and used for abt 2 weeks, but was too loud for me cos i pump in same room with baby.This time decide to splurge a bit since i intend to build up my supply, compare to formula cost i think still worth it.

Hi,
Am keen in the Avent Duo. Would like to hear some comments on it. How does it compare to Avent manual pump? I used avent manual pump throughout my 18-mth of bf and was very happy with it, as opposed to the Medela mini electric.

Thinking of investing in a good and less tiring pump for my second pregnancy.
happy.gif

thanks

Missy,
although i have nt started to use the Avent DUO, but i should think tt if u are fine with the manual, and is suitable, then the DUO is prob a bonus to u. Reason why i got my DUO is also becos i liked my manual. But cos i have very low SS for my 1st child, I m determine to invest in this pump to boost my ss and also to save time for my 2nd child. I used to spend abt 30-40min to pump a miserablee amt of BM for my son. Aft tt i got a medela plus, was noisy and didnt up my ss. But DUO wasnt available back then in 2004. the cons of the Avent manual was the tiring part esp for me who only give my son EBM and not latch.

I also tried the demo set at Robinson, the pump was almost silent and easy to assemble.

But heard a few comments regarding the weight of the pump. If u intend to express in ur workplace, might need to consider placing it in the office instead of bringing it home everyday unless u drive. For me nt an issue as i am WFHM, if i go out prob will jus bring my manual pump.

This is jus my tots, hope mummies who have reeally used the AVent DUO can help us by giving more comments!

i agree with blueangel, if you are fine with the manual, the DUO is def a bonus. if you do read the thread above, it helps me to pump more in a shorter timeframe, and less tiring.

the obvious comparison is one is DUO pump with electrical compartment and the other is manual with just one pump. its less tiring, adjust the rythme like the manual one and takes out less time. the bad side of it? its heavy, and not as portable as the maunal or the UNO one.

before u invest and go ahead and buy one, u may one to consider renting one for the first month before making the decision. as i feel, what one fits for one mom, may not fits another.

Hi Mummies

I'm also an Avent ISIS pumpin mom... am using the DUO and find it most comfortable & fantastic!

Btw, I have an Avent ISIS UNO (used once for 10 mins only) up for sale if anyone is interested..

Used it once & received the DUO as a gift... bought for $279, am willing to sell for $220... send me a PM if there is anyone interested...

The thing about Avent's IQ memory is such that you can set the speed and suction level of the pump. To use 2 single pumps, you'll have to be able to set both at the same speed and suction.

hi I've used the AVENT ISIS IQ DUO Twin Electronic Breast Pump and it has served me well for four months. As I'm relocating and have stopped expressing to feed directly, I'm putting it up for sale. It is in good working condition and I'm selling the whole set with the various parts
http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i::246252156

tare1919
i'm using avent ISIS manual pump since 7 months ago. it's more comforable n less painful than electical pump.
i tried using my sil's medela electric pump gives me sore nipples.

hi all,

i am selling my avent UNO pump. only used once cos my fren gave me her dual pump.

pls PM me or sms me at 98241140.

thanks

Hi,
I'm interested in a UNO. budget $130. If you have one to sell, pls email to me at [email protected] date of purchase/warranty expiry, condition, pics, best price and pick up point. thanks!

Hi,

I have two AVENT UNOs for interested parties.

(1) $220 or nearest offer. ALL PARTS ARE NEW and comes with a warranty till July 2008, but box not around anymore. (probably hiding in some corner) BUT ITEM IS WELL KEPT IN NEW CONDITION!!

(2) $180 or nearest offer. NEW and still in the box but DOES NOT COME WITH A WARRANTY.

If you offer does not come close to my expectations, I will not reply to your offer. Otherwise, you should hear from me within 1 working day. PICK UP IN THE EAST. Thanks

I have avent duo pump bought a year ago, used for 6 months only. Selling $380. 2 sets of mannual pump for sale too, get all @ $400. All in good working condition, not for fussies tho...;P
PM me if interested.

Hi, I have a local set of Avent ISIS DUO for sale. Brand New, everything still in shrinkwrapped plastic wrapping. The price tag on the box says S$799.

My price: S$599 with free delivery to your place.

pls sms me 9299 0652 or email [email protected]

looking for a pre-loved avent isis duo. no warranty is fine. but looking at purchasing it at 400. PM me if you can release at that price. thanks

Hi,

Is there anyone who purchased Avent ISIS Duo from US? Can I know if there's a need to purchase a local voltage converter or adaptor for it?

Anyone have a Avent Duo for sales?? Am looking for a set? Please PM details of the set, pics, price, period of used, and condition of the set...

Hi Mothers and MTBs,

I have a 2nd hand Avent Uno ISIS Electric Breast Pump for sale. Used it only for a few times but my friend bought me a Dual Pump for my baby shower so I am going to sell this at $230 (actual price at Kiddy Palace is $279). If interested, please email me at [email protected] for price and details.

If you are breast pumping several times a day, buy or rent an efficient, high-quality breast pump. A double electric pump will finish the job in sometimes less than half the time, usually ten minutes when you become experienced. A pump that is slow is not only inconvenient, but some users find them uncomfortable too. A breast pump that wastes your time will cause you aggravation you do not need.
http://www.trusted-breast-pumps.com/avent-breast-pumps/philips-avent-isis-iq-duo-twin-electronic-breast-pump.html

I've just bought an AVENT ISIS IQ UNO. Original price $299, but got a 20% discount at Mt. Alvernia. My friend who just stopped breastfeeding passed me her Medela on the same day when she visited. I have opened the box to read the instructions. But haven't gotten down to using it yet. Willing to sell it at $220. Alternatively, I'll sell my friend's Medela Mini for $100.

Anyone interested to get a brand new Philips Avent ISIS iQ Duo Twin Electric Breast Pump for only SGD575?

Interested please PM me.. thanks (limited time only)

Back