Aug 2017 Mummies

Hi all,

Nice to meet all of you! Just tested positive today. :) Been nauseous and dizzy for the past few days. And I feel super bloated.

My #1 is a 14 months old girl now. Been super sticky to me the last few days so I sort of suspected maybe am pregnant. Haha! For my #1, I had morning sickness throughout till the day I delivered. I hope this time won't be as long though. :(
Congrats!! I had v bad MS with my gal too and never felt completely well till I delivered. I had severe heartburn too n couldn't even drink water! My girl has also been quite sticky and I feel bad that I can't carry her when she asks me to! Praying that both of us will have it easier this round!

Hello all! I'm 5weeks now... had a miscarriage recently in August at 9weeks... hoping this one will stick well this time! So anxious and scared at times coz no morning sickness yet.. my hubs and I Super kiasu, we saw the gynae at 4weeks 4days.. Dr Jonathan wee at MEN.. he Super patient and understanding to mothers who had prior miscarriage. Was recommended in miscarriage forum about him, coz his waiting time very reasonable also. Had 3:15pm appt and met him at 3:30pm... he didn't rush us during the appointment too, we spent quite Long inside.

Hello all! I'm 5weeks now... had a miscarriage recently in August at 9weeks... hoping this one will stick well this time! So anxious and scared at times coz no morning sickness yet.. my hubs and I Super kiasu, we saw the gynae at 4weeks 4days.. Dr Jonathan wee at MEN.. he Super patient and understanding to mothers who had prior miscarriage. Was recommended in miscarriage forum about him, coz his waiting time very reasonable also. Had 3:15pm appt and met him at 3:30pm... he didn't rush us during the appointment too, we spent quite Long inside.

Hi Elena, congrats! I had 2 MCs before this one, understand your anxiety, jiayou!

Hi, may I know how much u paid for your first consultation at Dr Jonathan Wee? How many weeks apart is your next appointment? Did he prescribe you any supplements? I just tested positive today, after a missed miscarriage in Oct. Looking for a new gynae, hopefully a different one will bring better luck.

Hi, may I know how much u paid for your first consultation at Dr Jonathan Wee? How many weeks apart is your next appointment? Did he prescribe you any supplements? I just tested positive today, after a missed miscarriage in Oct. Looking for a new gynae, hopefully a different one will bring better luck.
Hi ah o

I'm seeing dr henry cheng at Mt E novena. I also had a mc around July, now I'm abt 7/8 weeks. I went to see him at abt 4 weeks once I had a BFP and I told him I had prev mc so he was quite empathetic. He scan me every week until we heard heartbeat at 6wks plus. 3 scans total. Then he told me come back end of December. First consult was $300 then subsequent was abt $150.

I think he's quite good and matter of fact, appreciated that he scan me weekly until he heard. Being preggy after mc is so frightening, I totally know how u feel!! Xoxo

Hi ah o

I'm seeing dr henry cheng at Mt E novena. I also had a mc around July, now I'm abt 7/8 weeks. I went to see him at abt 4 weeks once I had a BFP and I told him I had prev mc so he was quite empathetic. He scan me every week until we heard heartbeat at 6wks plus. 3 scans total. Then he told me come back end of December. First consult was $300 then subsequent was abt $150.

I think he's quite good and matter of fact, appreciated that he scan me weekly until he heard. Being preggy after mc is so frightening, I totally know how u feel!! Xoxo
Hi diddledum! Im considering him as my previous gynae recommend him. Will c paul first n c how it goes!

Hello.. he gave me duphaston and folic acid.. and I was just 4weeks 4days. He didn't believe in giving so many vitamins so early.. in case MS and feel even more like puking. He will see me again when 6weeks.. he is really kind regarding the previous miscarriage.. made me felt more reassured.. I was more afraid of needing to wait too Long to meet the gynae if there is any emergency bleeding.. tts why I chose Dr Jon Wee.

You can see this blogger post on the charges. I paid $280 for my first appointment. Scan, consultation, meds..

http://jaslyninkorea.blogspot.sg/2015/11/week-24-trying-out-new-gynae.html?m=1

Last edited:
Hello.. he gave me duphaston and folic acid.. and I was just 4weeks 4days. He didn't believe in giving so many vitamins so early.. in case MS and feel even more like puking. He will see me again when 6weeks.. he is really kind regarding the previous miscarriage.. made me felt more reassured.. I was more afraid of needing to wait too Long to meet the gynae if there is any emergency bleeding.. tts why I chose Dr Jon Wee.

Thanks for sharing.. How much was your first bill?

Hi all... i'm currently 7 weeks, 1st child. Can i join the fb group, pls add me [email protected]

I'm seeing dr Paul also, because my sis in law recommended him, btw i'm feeling nausea whole day, do you all know any food can cure nausea a bit, thanks

Congrats! you may want to try sipping on 100 plus, ginger or peppermint tea and eating small constant meals. You probably have to do quite abit of trial n error to eliminate food that worsen your nausea n look for those that reduces it. For my first preg I couldn't take sour things cos it caused more acid in my stomach n worsen the nausea. I also had to avoid dairy as it gave me stomach upset. What helped me was Jacob plain biscuits, munching on nuts n drinking almond milk. Hope u feel better soon!

Hi everyone!

Currently at 8 weeks and Edd is 31July but it may fall into Aug too I think! Have been feeling unwell these days, no appetite for food and the smell of food makes me nauseous. Doesn't help when it is festive season now sigh.

Planned to visit Prof Su Lin Lin from NUH but the earliest appt I could get is end of Dec, so I went to visit Dr John Yam for checkup first. He is quite good and waiting time is short.

Was spotting a few days ago and went straight to him and is given 1 week of bed rest. Luckily I consulted him first otherwise I would be so loss. Now thinking if should just go with Dr Yam instead...

Just curious for working mummies, when do u intend to tell your boss n colleagues abt your pregnancy?

I was feeling rather nauseous and giddy the past week. My MS was really bad for my #1. So I informed my boss already in case I may need to take off from time to time. Based on my experience with #1, my boss is quite sympathetic and flexi if he knows the situation.

Hi mummies.. Can invite me to the group? My edd changed from early Aug to end July so thought of joining Aug group as well..
[email protected]

BTW this is my 3rd pregnancy and seeing Dr Woodworth. He gave me 3 weeks hl for my bad MS...

Thanks.

Hi Mummies to be, I'm on my 7th week now. Have anyone of you girls experience tiredness/lethargic.
For me, im always so tired and i find myself useless in a way.

Hi mummies.. Can invite me to the group? My edd changed from early Aug to end July so thought of joining Aug group as well..
[email protected]

BTW this is my 3rd pregnancy and seeing Dr Woodworth. He gave me 3 weeks hl for my bad MS...

Thanks.
Hi! added u to the group! Do check your email for the invite..
Your MS very serious? hope it ends soon!

Hi Mummies to be, I'm on my 7th week now. Have anyone of you girls experience tiredness/lethargic.
For me, im always so tired and i find myself useless in a way.
Hi Angelina dont feel that way.. its normal to feel tired in first trimester. just rest whenever u can and things will pick up in 2nd tri =) Jiayou!

Hi all... I have tested positive about a week ago and went to see doc on Monday. Did blood test and result came back with low hormones level. Anyone having similar experience?

Hello mummies, I just tested positive this morning and this is my #3, edd 27/8 based on calculation. I have a 4yo boy and an almost 18mths old girl. This pregnancy is an accident. Nevertheless my hub is damn happy about it.

I would like to join the fb group if it is a secret group as im not ready to let others know about it till it stabilises. I had 2 m/c b4, one b4 my boy n one b4 my girl

Hi all... I have tested positive about a week ago and went to see doc on Monday. Did blood test and result came back with low hormones level. Anyone having similar experience?

What hormone levels did they test? If it's hcg need to take at least 2 readings to see if doubling fast enough. I took 2 readings at 4 weeks but didn't double fast enough in 48h. So went for weekly scan until we heard heartbeat at 6wk+. Doc thinks it's okay after we heard hb so going back at 9wk. Do check w your doc again and do scans. Scan is more accurate than the hcg cos the hcg range is very wide.

xl_mum, yeah hav to repeat test for hcg to make sure it doubles. If u say hormones low, u mean progesterone? Then dr shld give u support med like utro or dusphastan or support jab.

dear all! first time preggo and I'm 6weeks pregnant, EDD is ard 16 aug 2017. just went for my first consultation with Dr Heng Tung Lan today! thought of changing gynae as Dr heng is good but she only deliver at parkway and I really prefer MT A hosp.
can anyone recommend gynae that deliver at MT A. Thanks!

dear all! first time preggo and I'm 6weeks pregnant, EDD is ard 16 aug 2017. just went for my first consultation with Dr Heng Tung Lan today! thought of changing gynae as Dr heng is good but she only deliver at parkway and I really prefer MT A hosp.
can anyone recommend gynae that deliver at MT A. Thanks!

I'll be seeing Dr Goh Shen Li. Previously for number 1, I saw dr Chua Yang. Both of them are good and both have clinics and deliver at Mt A.

I'll be seeing Dr Goh Shen Li. Previously for number 1, I saw dr Chua Yang. Both of them are good and both have clinics and deliver at Mt A.

Hi Franch, any package provided by both mentioned gynae? thank you for your recommendation!

hello! Just tested positive yesterday and now 5 weeks pregnant! EDD may be aug 3rd week and haven't visit my gynae yet.
quite surprised to be pregnant with 2nd one so soon as my daughter is now only 16 months old :)

Hi guys, this is my 1st pregnancy. Im about 5 weeks preg. Having light bleeding still. Did my 1st scan, no yolk found only a small sac. Im pretty worried.

Hi guys, this is my 1st pregnancy. Im about 5 weeks preg. Having light bleeding still. Did my 1st scan, no yolk found only a small sac. Im pretty worried.
Hi mellooody! Maybe still early..dun worry. Hope dr gives u enuff support med. If u r still worried, can ask for progesterone jab.

Thanks elaine. Yep he gave me a jab and some pills to stablise the preg.. but the bleeding makes me worried! Shall wait and see how it goes. Hopefully everything's good!

Back