April 2018 Mummies

Im on my 9th week. Always tired. Bit of nausea, no vomitting. I only told my direct family and some close colleagues so they can understand I will be tired easily and cant carry heavy stuff.

Im now worried abt who to take care of my baby when he/she comes out? Are those infant care places reliable? PCF Sparkletots? Any mummies can advise?

Both our mums are too old and tired to take care, we want them to have a relaxed easy life.
Hi Jillie, I placed my 2nd boy in myfirstskool CCK infant care when he's 4mths old & I withdrew the very 1st day of trial.

I won't say all infant care is bad though. But really research carefully.

If not u might wanna consider, hiring a helper that can help look after baby and also help with chores then ask either mum to come back help to look out alternate days?

Yup went to see doc recently and given Duphaston. Eaten two days alr the spotting still there. Waiting for check up next Sat.
Shld be ok I believe if not how come check up drag till next sat? U do take care.

Last edited:
Hey:) I am new to the forum, first time mum and decided to join this forum to talk to other mummies.
I went to hospital for a scan because of some abodminal pain just last week ...same thing as bachang cannot see baby yet, my first gynae apptment is on 6th Sept,...becoz doctor is so packed.
i should be at week 5...
Hi hi, what doc say about the abdomen pain? I have been experiencing it...Google about it and say it's common as uterus expanding? Is that what ur gynae says? I haven't book an appointment with my gynae yet

Hi, first time mum here! Edd 6 April. New here and hoping to get some support here since we decided to tell our families only after first trimester.

Just went for my appt and heard baby's heartbeat.. the whole thing hasn't sank in for me yet. Went through 2 IUI and a failed IVF, and conceived just as I was planning to start on my second IVF.

I'm wondering how you ladies managed to plow through work? I am not productive at work at all ever since I found out I'm pregnant.

Hi Jillie, I placed my 2nd boy in myfirstskool CCK infant care when he's 4mths old & I withdrew the very 1st day of trial.

I won't say all infant care is bad though. But really research carefully.

If not u might wanna consider, hiring a helper that can help look after baby and also help with chores then ask either mum to come back help to look out alternate days?

Thanks for sharing your experience. May I know what made your withdraw your boy on the 1st day of trial? Were they rough in their handling, etc?

Hi Mkosh, may I know Dr Tham's charges?

Hello, I was actually with dr Madeleine Tan at first, and midway she decided not to renew her insurance, so she can't help to deliver, then I switch to dr Ben. Since they are from the same clinic, the clinic help me to transfer my package from dr Tan to dr Ben.

If I remember correctly, I pay about 2k around week 8 and another 2k 8 week before my due date.. this include consultation, ultrasound, urine test. Oscar, detailed scan, OGTT, will be another extra.. I guess dr Ben charges about the same.

My appointment will be on 7th sep. I will let you know his current charges by then..

Im on my 9th week. Always tired. Bit of nausea, no vomitting. I only told my direct family and some close colleagues so they can understand I will be tired easily and cant carry heavy stuff.

Im now worried abt who to take care of my baby when he/she comes out? Are those infant care places reliable? PCF Sparkletots? Any mummies can advise?

Both our mums are too old and tired to take care, we want them to have a relaxed easy life.

I placed my daughter at infantcare from 3 months.. She's now at childcare at the same centre.. I don't have any issue with the centre so far, but those small stuff sometime need to close one eye.. as long as my kid happy, well taken care of, learn well, I'm ok..

Hi hi, what doc say about the abdomen pain? I have been experiencing it...Google about it and say it's common as uterus expanding? Is that what ur gynae says? I haven't book an appointment with my gynae yet
Hi aphroleez,

If your abdomen pain feels like mild period cramps, then that's the uterus expansion. This is pretty normal but not everyone experiences it.

For me it was constant mild cramping from week 5 till week 8. I only experience it now if I bend down or strain a little too much at carrying something heavy.

If it's more than that, like sharp pain, I suggest booking your gynae appointment to check.

Hi, first time mum here! Edd 6 April. New here and hoping to get some support here since we decided to tell our families only after first trimester.

Just went for my appt and heard baby's heartbeat.. the whole thing hasn't sank in for me yet. Went through 2 IUI and a failed IVF, and conceived just as I was planning to start on my second IVF.

I'm wondering how you ladies managed to plow through work? I am not productive at work at all ever since I found out I'm pregnant.
Congratulations!

Just taking things one step at a time.

When the fatigue kicks in, up your blood sugar with some plain biscuits or snack, or close your eyes for a minute to just rest.

Or if your office has a pantry with seating, you can stretch your legs while taking a break.

I am 7w2d, #1, still no sign of vomiting, only slight nausea. Keep touching my belly and checking for heartbeat.. so worried. Anyone experiencing no vomiting also?

My spotting for days become full bloom blood suddenly one day with blood clot one morning.found out that i had big blood clot near my sac. my gynae has given me bedrest for two weeks. I hope baby will be strong.

My spotting for days become full bloom blood suddenly one day with blood clot one morning.found out that i had big blood clot near my sac. my gynae has given me bedrest for two weeks. I hope baby will be strong.
Take care and have a good rest. hope all is fine. jia you!

I am 7w2d, #1, still no sign of vomiting, only slight nausea. Keep touching my belly and checking for heartbeat.. so worried. Anyone experiencing no vomiting also?

think most of us are really paranoid everyday. me included .

i didn't vomit so far too. but had quite frequent nuasea for the past few days.

I'm at 9 weeks and no MS so far, feeling the same way - worried....but I guess not everyone one goes through all the typical symptoms.

I had extreme fatigue when I found out I was pregnant till about 8 week. Slightly better from this week.

I'm at 9 weeks and no MS so far, feeling the same way - worried....but I guess not everyone one goes through all the typical symptoms.

I had extreme fatigue when I found out I was pregnant till about 8 week. Slightly better from this week.

Yup yup most important is mummy and baby must be healthy.. we shouldn't worry so much and must stay positive.. I am crossing off the days on my calendar eagerly everyday, can't wait the days to pass faster!!

Jia you and have plenty of rest and take care!!!

I am at my 8wk now. Since 2 weeks ago, i started have nausea feeling but not everything will "offload" when i visit the toilet. After breakfast, the tot of what to eat for lunch or any meal would make my stomach flip. Anyone same as me? Going to work now is so dreading..

I am at my 8wk now. Since 2 weeks ago, i started have nausea feeling but not everything will "offload" when i visit the toilet. After breakfast, the tot of what to eat for lunch or any meal would make my stomach flip. Anyone same as me? Going to work now is so dreading..

I feel the same too! Want to tu but cannot tu.. thinking of what to eat everyday is torturing. Every food before I put into my mouth, I must Google "pregnant can eat bla bla bla?" before I eat. I order dinner tingkat service for weekdays, at least there're food ready when I'm home after work.

I feel the same too! Want to tu but cannot tu.. thinking of what to eat everyday is torturing. Every food before I put into my mouth, I must Google "pregnant can eat bla bla bla?" before I eat. I order dinner tingkat service for weekdays, at least there're food ready when I'm home after work.
Let's all jia you and hopefully the next trimester would be an enjoyment for all of us without all these MS.

Same here! really no appetite these days. think i am 7 weeks now and this nausea feeling started for me last weekend. i literally sleep through the whole weekend cos feeling really terrible!

i am abit worse cos i feel the same when i sleep.. and i wake up almost every 2-3 hours. can't get proper sleep these days. everyday feel like skipping work!

Same here! really no appetite these days. think i am 7 weeks now and this nausea feeling started for me last weekend. i literally sleep through the whole weekend cos feeling really terrible!

i am abit worse cos i feel the same when i sleep.. and i wake up almost every 2-3 hours. can't get proper sleep these days. everyday feel like skipping work!
Totally understand! Couldn't tell colleagues yet (not 3 months yet) but feeling terrible each day at work. Everyday just wan to KO on time and just lie on the bed, not thinking abt food hope the MS would go away

Totally understand! Couldn't tell colleagues yet (not 3 months yet) but feeling terrible each day at work. Everyday just wan to KO on time and just lie on the bed, not thinking abt food hope the MS would go away
Same here! As much as I want to work, I kept thinking about my bed. And Everytime before lunch, I have to crack my brain what to eat and to Google if I can. Nowadays I don't even feel well seeing food photos on my social media :(

Same here! As much as I want to work, I kept thinking about my bed. And Everytime before lunch, I have to crack my brain what to eat and to Google if I can. Nowadays I don't even feel well seeing food photos on my social media :(

I feel very hungry but when i see food i fang wei. I feel nausea everyday no particular time.

I did. And I checked with my gynae too. He said anything unsure, don't use first especially in the first trimester.
Thata good!! I didnt realise until i read it somewhere online. Worst of all my facial foam contains retinyl palmitate and i stopped immediately.

How do you all tell your colleagues when they see u feeling very different and unwell and start asking "what happen to u?"

How do you all tell your colleagues when they see u feeling very different and unwell and start asking "what happen to u?"
I always blame the weather or said nv slept well though I know not very convincing.. ;) my nausea still under control, keep taking sour plum.. but really don't know what to eat, everything taste different now.. I don't have metallic taste but having bitter taste :(

btw.. i starting to find it hard to swallow plain water!
taste so yucky! i cheated and drank a bottle of pokka ice lemon tea yesterday and it totally cure my nausea!

do u all think it's ok to drink it every alternate day? really so in need of that!

Back