Anyone TTC in July 2006?

hi all, seems like some are getting excited now since it is June. Countdown to July....

pageup
I have not heard of brewer's diet. For my first pregnancy, I am also overweight when conceive. I think it should be okay for your case since you are only little overweight.

thanks April!
happy.gif

hi pageup

icic.. so how much did u spent on the tests?
happy.gif

Hi Jas,

according to my internet search, brewer diet is specially designed for pregnant moms who are overweight when conceived. But I can't find recipes leh.

I have PIH during my last pregnancy, I suspect that is the reason for my boy's premature birth. I read that overweight mum have higher risk for PIH so I'm a bit worried lor.

Hi Sweet,

The checkup cost $75 including the papsmear
happy.gif

Hung, feeling excited? Extremely excited?
hehe.... Me too. But think will start to try soon. Cos doc said may not be one time hit target. So many soon soon. hehe....

Ya, but try not to give myself pressure. Start now, at least if nothing, next mth work hard again. hehe.....
Yes, still working. U?

hi gals

me abit excited... but hoping to strike in oct/nov rather than 1st try... haha... u gals doing anything special?

hi april

the age is our ang mo age or chinese age?

Hi Sweet,
When u start trying? Actually when u start trying, u'll feel more excited. Feeling is different.

And, that's a good question. I don't know the ans too. haha.....

April/sweet
Actually I had started to try this month, seems like will not strike. Anyway, I just relax and don't want to think so much about TTC, else I very stress.

gals
If got good news must share...

hi april

we will be trying from next month onwards too
happy.gif
actually hubby & me dun really like kids, but no choice... coz old liao plus my dad chasing us... so hope to have a piggy bb next yr
happy.gif

hi jas

yup, dun think too much... i have read that relax is very impt... hehe...

Hi Jas,
How u know u wun strike? Did u calculate when u most fertile? How many days did u try?
Heard from my gynea that sperms will be in for abt 3 days. So, maybe it's juz that lucky? Dun give urself pressure. Actually, I scared of failure too but this time cannot, try next mth. Hubby still teasing me that this mth pass, still have next mth, world cup missed, must wait till 4 yrs later. hehe....

Did u put ur legs up after doing? They said best is to put up for abt 20 mins.

Hi Sweet,
Why both u and hubby dun like kids? They are very cute & adorable.

Hi Hung,
Is ur previous job very stress? If yes, then it's a good move. It's not siao. Good luck oh.

Gals,
U all start taking ur folic acid?
Ever thot of starting to write journal from ttc to having bb?
Let's start it somewhere and so we can read each other journal?

hi april

just find that they are noisy and a handful to look after... hehe...but my parents alway tell me that it will different when it is my own... so we shall see lo...

yup, i have started taking folic acid since dec.. i heard that it's best to take 6 mths in advance before TTC-ing...

how to start a journal?

Hi Sweet,
There's a few plcs to start a journal/blog.
Maybe you all send me your email address, send u all some address then we vote which one we try.
Some is blog style, some is forum style.
There's some word, which is not approved to be posted here.

[email protected]

April, dunnid to put your legs up for 20 mins. Just lie in bed and dun move too much will do.

Good sperm will naturally fight its way up. Don't do anything to let the bad sperm make its way up. Leave everything to nature.

This is nature's way of filtering out the bad sperms.

hi april

i see... journal is the same as blogging... i dun mind starting one!
happy.gif

btw gals, i went for a pap smear last week... and the clinic just called me, telling me the report is ready and ask me to do down for a review with the doc.. is this normal? i thot if nothing wrong, just need to collect the report and go off?

Hi Sweet,
That's what they will do normally. If nothing is wrong, they will juz send it to u.
But dun start worrying, maybe it's juz some good news? When you going?

I've juz done mine too and waiting for the result.

Hi april..

i have signed up for the multiply account liao... hehe...

cannot be good news leh, coz we still on "protection"... latest will be fri, coz we both on leave that day... i would like my hubby to go with me...

april
I don't think then is my most fertile period. I didn't do any calculation. So far I only tried once. Hubby and I stay apart on weekdays, so it is quite difficult to meet my most fertile period. Anyway, I just leave everything to nature, sometimes whenever I think must doing counting first seems quite funny.

I had PM you my email addr.

Hi Hung,
Yes, this is my 1st bb and my 1st try too.
happy.gif

Oh, need travelling, then better to quit. After give birth then consider back to work force. How I wish I can do that too. hehe....

Does that mean u O late? Mostly is ur period accurate? Ur period late for Apr, maybe due to ur work stress?

Btw, u go for pre-natal test?

Hi Sweet,

Yeah, that's good news. Great. Work hard and all the best.

But u got ask her how come they dun mail to u instead?

hi april

no leh, i didnt ask.... but the doc was very patient in explaining the whole report to me... hehe...

anyone going for thalessima (spelling sala) test?

hi sweet, my previous blood test included thalessima, I'm tested negative but my hubby is tested positive, so there's a possibility tat my kids will get it next time

Audrey, it means your hubby is T minor. A child will onli be T major if both parents are T minors. If not, there will only be a risk of your child being T minor also.

sweet
Talking about pap smear test, I have't been to one for past two years. Think I should schedule to go for my annual checkup soon. In actual fact, I hate checkup, this partly explains why I kept delaying.

winnie
I am also wondering what is that?

hi audrey

i understand that if only 1 party is tested positive, it is safe
happy.gif
so dun worry... i am intending to get my hubby to do the test
happy.gif

Hi jas

yup, my doc advised me to go for pap smear test annually... if by 3rd yr, all Class I smear, then i can do the test once every 2 yrs
happy.gif

hi sweet

ya..if one is tested positive then my kids will be safe, but if both is tested positive, then the possibility of my kids being a major is very high

Hi all,

Can I join here. Just got married last month and trying for baby after that.

Any tips for TTC?

Wish to have 1 soon lor. Hee Hee

Hi April,

Thanks
I just started to take this week. So just realise that need to take at least 6 month b4 preg ah? So now just started to take dunno if a bit too late a not lor. Hee Hee......

Hi may,

since u are gg to TTC, it is good to start taking folic acid. U can purchase at guardian. Take once daily in the morning. It is recommended to start taking 3 months before u ttc, but doesnt matter lah.

saw someone selling folic acid, maybe u may be interested?

So go and get it during this weekend yeah. BTW, i dropped u an email leh, dont know u got receive or not.

Hi Serene,
My gynea said 3 mths before is consider good. It's ok u started late. Cos when u preggie, gynea will ask u to take too. Heard good for bb.

Hi Hung,
May I know how u calculate ur O day?
Juz relax and try. Good luck.

Hi May,
It's good to start taking.

Folic acid or Folate taken before and during the first trimester of pregnancy has been proven to decrease the occurance of neural tube defects.

Neural tube defects can be failure to develop a brain, imperfect closure of the spine resulting in exposed spinal nerves, etc.

It is good to build up a folate store in the body before conception, thus it is highly recommended that pple who are TTCing should take folate once they have decided to TTC.

Folate can be found naturally in green leafy vegetables and orange juice. Many pregnant women have a natural craving for orange juice although they may not normally like it (this was one of my first clue that I am pregnant, I started to drink orange juice like it was plain water though I hated oranges previously).

It's never too late to start. Just quickly start taking it now. If you are buying poor quality ones, you might need 2 tabs of 5mg per day. Just remember to drink more water or risk pimple outbreaks.

Hi Hung, thanks for the info. Before O, CM shld be egg white? Or juz dry?
My O shld be on 14 June but I dun see any egg white. Almost like dry dry leh. Is it ok?

Hi Hung,

Thanks, I did not know that Folic Acid is heaty. I will start to drink more water then.

Hi Wong,

How do I know if the Folic acid I bought is of good quality? I just bought from Apex lor.

Serene, you see the brand. If you notice, private gynaes usually give the brand DHA (drughouse australia). That brand is good.

Usually the doctor will know.

If you get from polyclinic, they will tell you to take 2tabs a day
happy.gif

Hung, we were on our honeymoon during my O, so we BD 3 times a day
happy.gif
1 day before, during and 1 day after
happy.gif
3 times a day everyday for those 3 days
happy.gif

I had my operation 2 mths again to remove a cyst. my gynae say is ok to BD liao but mine is open wound with abt 8cm stich ! i did not eat any sea food so far and most of the time eat only fish, fruits, vegetables, rice, honey, milo, milk and plain water .... do u think i shld go ahead and BD ?

my hubby also just started taking hormone medicine to increase the quality of the sperm ... anyone can advise me what kind of food is good for him ? if i start BD now is it ok too ?

Sorry so many question

Hung, we went Maldives. No TV, no entertainment. Just us and the ocean
happy.gif

And the resort will play romantic music 3 times a day...heehee...

Won't 'lao hong' la...when we come back to SG still v active
happy.gif

May, before you BD, go see your gynae again to ensure that the wound has closed properly. If it has, just be gentle
happy.gif

For guys, take more foods rich in zinc (for sperm development) like oysters and shellfish
happy.gif

Better to take a multivit with zinc and vit b (for energy to BD)...

Back