Anyone TTC in July 2006?

mich,

Yup, hers was a shot-gun marriage, think she got preggy at 22 or 23.

I think kids these days know alot more things than we used to know. 1 or 2 yrs ago my friend was just saying her son started to look at girls and girl pictures on her woman magazines. So i guess it's normal that he 'upgraded' to sexy images now ... plus all the wonders of internet, one can get more 'information' compared to our times.

Geez ... i can't imagine talking abt the birds and bees to ovann when it's time.

Mich, all the best to your new job. Hopefully you will be happier.

Ladies, Joshua already looks so cheeky whenever he get to watch me change. So I can imagine what its like 8yrs down the road!

Irene, thanks!

Yes, Kids these days seem to mature way too fast. My hubby is already saying he is not comfortable helping my girls bath as they are much older now. So now me and my maid have to take over. He also dun change infront of them anymore.

Mich, yes. I do think its weird for daddy to bathe the girl when she is older. But its not as weird for mummy to bathe the boy when he is older.

Ladies,
Need advise from those who have maid again. I think it's my luck .... Maid issues.

Any of you have maid's loan issue? This new maid of mine keeps complaining and crying every alt day that she is being 'cheated'. Indon agency told her she will pay off loan in 8 months but singapore agent say 10 months. After negotiating and complaining back to the singapore agency, singapore agency side say give her discount and she could repay loan in 9 months. But she still not happy and kept dwelling on this issues again and again. I brought her back tot he agency 2 times and she still couldn't get over it when it's black and white written on the paper/File. What can I do?

Gal, have you paid for her loan upfront to the agency already? How much is her loan amount?

Tell her that she has to stop. If not, you will have to return her to the agency already. Is she good at all? If not, then dun even bother to keep her.

Maid salaries have gone up by so much... can't believe have to pay $450 for a Indon maid... if she is good, then its ok. But if no good, really pek chek... and not worth the money.

Mich, yah lor...I am really surprised they inceased the pay to $450 which is even more than a filipino helper.

Hello Everyone.... It's been really quiet here indeed. News to share : I am pregnant. Didn't share with much friends because gynae cliamed I am 35 years old and need to go straight do amnio next month so kept it low key until next month at least. This also explains my disappearing from the thread. Suffered from MS just like having Serena.(wonder if it's a hint for me for the baby's gender). Was busy searching confinment lady for my sister cause she is pregnant before me then this news comes to me one month later. Fated
happy.gif

Mich, My maid can't make it. Still with me (almost 4 months). Intending to bring her back to the agent to replace for another new one after Serena's birthday next week. Guess it will be another 2-3 months of wait again to have a new maid but what to do? Very KPO. Bring her out, keep asking other maid about their family's personal thing(my relative's family personal life) and a few times she goes around and ask my relative why they don't bring their maid along so on and so on. Ask her to carry things, she say she don't have strength. It's not very heavy things but just a few chairs up and down my mother's place with the help of my mom and me. Every time I bring out old clothing/soft toys to do packing(and even winter clothing), she will ask who are they for and if I can give it to her.

Gal, congrats!!!! Sorry for the late message... I only just came in to check on the thread after a month. Really happy for you that Serena gonna have a sibling. Any idea of the gender now?

Gal, congrats to you!
If the ms is the same then I guess it could be a girl. Just my guess.

I disappeared for 1 mth coz currently doing a contract assignment. I just bumped into mich this evening as both our work place at suntec.
Super tough to be a ftwm with no maid. Has hired a myanmar maid but take super long to get her passport done. Everyday is a mad rush and super tiring everyday as still needs to do housework like washing dishes after eating, packing and unpacking their bags, washing the laundries and washing their bottles.

Hope everyone is well. Do give an update if you are reading.

Thanks for all your wishes. Just finish my amnio this morning. Complete bed rest for 3 days as from today. Gynae told me the most accurate way to know the gender since I have done my amnio would be the result but he actually say he seems to see 'something' in between the legs but I shall not worry too much of the gender at this stage as there's still the amnio results then the detail scan results.

My crazy maid. Aiii.. before sending her back, she actually run away from my place and now labelled run away maid. Really down at luck. Still must make police report and things like that. aiiiiii Now, latest status without a maid.

Irene,
Just curious why myanmar maid? wow.. first big step to become a ftwm. You still doing accounting role?

Mich,
Re: CL. Will just use the one my sister have choosen. I still have not confirm a massage lady. Do u think it's essential? Haven't use one before for serena so dun know if it's really necessary?

Gal, I decide on myanmar as she will be home alone very often so was hoping they are more innocent and simple.

Still in accounting.

Yah, gender not impt. Mummy and baby healthy more impt. Which gynae are u seeing?

Irene,
Luck plays a very important part in choosing a good maid. Hope Luck is in your side. I prefer those innocent and simple ones too.. Not too much funny pattern. After getting the 1st time experiene maid, I am scare. Will choose young and innocent ones next.

I am seeing Dr KH chan in Gen E.

Btw, did you engaged any massage lady before for your 2 pregnancy?

Accounting role? So far enjoying it? How long is this contract job?

so many new happenings and the thread is alive again!
happy.gif

congrats gal on your pregnancy!
happy.gif

so your maid has not been found yet? they usually run to the embassy or to those "homes" which house maids

irene, after you have gotten your maid, u will still put both your kids into CC?

Thanks Sweet, Patty

Patty, U TTCing for another one? Heaps of bb dust to you
happy.gif
How long have u been TTcing?

Sweet, maid still not found. She 'unlock' my drawer and took and passport and left the country. Now still in dispute with the agency, wondering who should be responsible with the outstanding placement fee.

Hi gal...sigh long story ah. I am not ttcing though i wish i could. God knows how much i wish for another baby at this age, but my hub not willing to 'coorperate' with me in this...totaly no idea how can i 'brainwash' his mind..he said he's very contented with the twins liao le and doesnt want to start all over again.
sad.gif
....i dream also dream about carrying a baby, still trying very very hard to get him to fulfill my dream, so 2more yrs i give to myself. Otherwise, will just give up the idea...

gal, wow your maid is very daring!! u mean u havent pay the placement fee in full? then lucky in a sense, just refuse to pay the agency since they give u such an unreliable maid!

patty, u really love kids hor
happy.gif
for me, 2 is really enough le, cannot imagine handling a 3rd kid

Patty, I agree with Sweet. U really love kids... Did u have to try long to get your twins? Is your hubby those type that help out in the family?

Sweet, yeah.. Maid really daring and I am still in shocked. I have to pay the placement fee in full when I collected her. Now that things happen, agency is still negotitating with us if the fee can pay out back or get another new maid from them. How's your maid so far? Maid work for you for ages alredy?

Gal, rest well and keep us posted on the baby's gender! Wow, can't believe your maid took off with the passport and left the country. How did she have enough money to pay for the air ticket?

Patty, can have an accident and your hb will end up accepting the baby I'm sure. Are you specifically ttc for a boy or you dun mind another girl?

Sweet, I'm not the kind who loves kids a lot, but yet when seeing them grow up I really miss their baby days... And sometimes I'll wonder if I can even consider doing this one more time, but of course it's crazy to have 4 kids, so I shall just be content with 3.

Hello gals. I am currently in my 39 weeks, edd 3 june, but bb still does not seem to want to come out.

Gal, congrats! take care and rest well.

Irene, good to hire someone to help if really tough. For me, already not easy to handle one kid and u need to handle 2.

Mich, I salute u for having 3. I am def stopping at 2.

gal, my current has been with us for 1 yr. she's ok on the whole but no maid is perfect, she has her flaws as well

mich, actually i hated the 1st 6 mths of an infant the most! haha i like kids who are at least 2 yrs old, much easier to manage

peg, all the best!!
happy.gif

Peg, congrats.. So fast u gave birth already. Do share your birth story.

Mich, my ex maid wants to keep her $20 monthly and also together with ang pow money. Seems enough to run away. So, our guess is she must have taken a ferry to batam ....

Ladies,
Can share if any of you bank baby's cord blood?

congrats peg..so many good news shared here recently keke. baby dust to me more and more pls kekeke...:p

Sweet, gal no la i dont really have patience but i can still manage the kids well so far keke so they are quite well behaved & no need to spend much times on them too nowaday. When people are too free/too much time then will keep thinking of having another baby to make the time occupied, i myself have 4 siblings and i like big family ler. I told my hub i didnt enjoy my pregnancy at all cos twins the pregnancy quite complicated that time. So my reason is , i wana go thru the pregnancy process 1 more time, i want to really 'enjoy' it this round :p. Gal, i tried nearly 1yr to get the twins..not easy to be conceived ler. i always traced my period and chose to bd on fertile/O-day but never get also heheh.

Mich, many ppl told me to make it happen ' accidentally'. But how ah? I dont prefer gender of no 3 but my mother keeps saying must try to get boy..wow talk so easy ler. However my gynae did ask me to follow the method like foods intake which increase chance of having boy. dont know how true
happy.gif
. But no chance to plan since hb doesnt want..sigh.

Gal, i donated isaac's cord blood to the public blood bank at kkh

Peg congrats! Saw pictures of your baby on Facebook so cute!

Patty, baby dust to you! Dun listen to your Mum as that is very stressful to think you have to get a boy since there is really no control over that.

Mich,I didn't buy cord blood for Serena and now thinking if I should for no 2. It's not cheap almost 5K plus for 21 years.

Patty, U are really lucky. Can get twins by just tracing your period. Just wondeirng if you will be disappointed if you have a gal for no 3?(cause your mom kept asking you to try for a boy)There are so many theories around to get a boy/girl but seems people just try and get opposite sex. Strange right? Ladies in this forum anyhow try also can different gender too.. Irene, Peg, Sweet, Hung, Mich --- hey, that seems almost all.. Will share what my gender is after I get my result from Amnio.

Gal, are you hoping for a boy or girl? As for me, I stored cord blood for serene, didn't for joy and donated isaac's to the public bank. If the public bank was around 6 yes ago, I would have donated serene's one as well...

Mich,
Results for Amnio is All good. Got the confirmation today. HAPPY HAPPY. Was moody and worried entire 2 weeks. Next would be the detail scan next week. One test after another. If you asked my MIL , surely she would prefer for a BOY. Serena's wants a girl. Amnio confirmed it's a boy this time round. Didn't tell in laws yet.Hopefully can keep this gender a secret as long as possible so in laws dun make too big a fuss.

Congrats!!! Afer having 2 girls, it had been a wonderful experience for me to have isaac. Boys are just so different and I am really enjoying my time with him. So I'm sure you'll enjoy motherhood this second time round. Will u be looking after the baby, continue to be SAHM?

Mich, guess I have to contiune to be SAHM. No one will be helping me with my kids. Guess it will be a real challenge to look after a new born again after 4 years. Eh.. just curious.. did u tie up your tubes after giving birth no 3? I am leaning to that option but dun know it's a rational decision to make or not.

mikiko, How's old is no2? If you are still young, go for it. Don't wait. Older you wait, there's seems to be more fear.

Sweet, Thanks. Guess, different gender means time to spend money again. Cannot re-use no1 clothing.
happy.gif

Sweet,
hehehe I always think you are a shopping person and if you also can't buy much. I guess boys' clothing choices are limited. $$$ will not fly as fast as having girls. heheh .I haven't started buying anything before the amnio cause want to confirm the gender first. Did your boy re-use any of Trish's clothing? (those unisex colour ones?). Serena's clothing are all winter type cause it's winter in May(Australia) so more or less have to buy everything all over again.

yoji: My no2 is now 2 yrs old. Young hum... don't think i am very young liao. I scare I got another boy again. Can't imagine myself with a big tummy running after my 2 boys

Totally agree boy stuff are real boring

Irene: I am like you everyday. Every morning rush to bring them to cc and rush to bring them home. No strength for housework other then washing dishes after eating, packing and unpacking their bags, washing the laundries and washing their bottles. Lucky my hb will help with the chores and my sis helps to prepare dinner everynight.

gal, everytime i am hard pressed to get clothes for tristan whenever i buy for trishelle (coz must be fair mah) but frankly really quite hard! haha

yup we re-used quite a few of trishelle's clothes during tristan's initial 3 mths since mostly stay at home, so he wore a lot of pinkie stuff hahaha but after he turns 6 mths, then have to buy new clothes since trishelle only has 1 pair of jeans (and even that comes with pink deer on the side etc) and mostly in dresses and skirts

mikiko, wah.. no 2 is 2 years old already. Time flies indeed. Having to do everything all over the 3rd time is really a BIG TASK and serious consideration. Must act fast if you really drool for no 3.

Sweet, sounds like I can really save a bit of money. Started taking all Serena's clothing out to pack since bb. I didn't really realise Serena has so much clothing. Gosh.. I think I have spent a lot of money of clothing for her.

ladies,
Just curious if you all have decided on PV or school for your 2007 child? Heard from a friend PV starts already. I still haven't decide which school yet. Guess I am chop chop already.

ladies...ask u all a question..

do u all think there's a need to send our kids to 'branded' school or neighbourhood school will do?

Patty,
PV= parents volunteer. I am still thinking about this branded and neighbourhood school issue. I noticed Singaporeans are really putting a lot of effort for their kids primary 1.
proud.gif

Gal, I didn't tie the tubes. I thought about it but my hubby is concerned as he thinks it's no good to do these kind of unnecessary procedures. I even suggested he tie his tubes ha ha ha. Dun worry I am sure it will all come back to you again, and all the knowledge you had gained with Serena will be put to good use. I think looking after babies is like learning to ride a bike. Once you can do it, you will never forget it. And indeed there's nothing to buy for boys like sweet says. Their wardrobe is very boring.

Sweet I concluded it's not possible to be fair to isaac where clothes are concerned. Serene and joy has so many nice clips and accessories and pretty stuff. And Isaac also has a few basic items cos there is nothing to buy. When my mother buys stuff from the US for them, almost whole suitcase belong to the girls and Isaac gets 3 t shirts and 3 pants only!

Yup some schools already have to register for PV for 2007 kid. Really a crazy system!

Patty, nowadays some neighborhood schools are just as popular and good as the so called branded schools... Most important is to find a school with good values and all rounded ciriculum.

Back