Anyone bought Medela breast pump from USA - Does it work in Singapore?

Hi All,

i am also interested in getting the freestyle medela pump.

Can we pool into one and order together?

From http://www.hackleyhme.com/shop.php

Free Style Hands Free
Our Price - $300.00

Pump in Style Advanced
Backpack
Our Price - $224.95

Prices do not include shipping cost and insurance.

Still checking price with addlittlelove.com

Anyone getting lower quote, and better shipping rate, lets combine and buy together.

Hi Graciasmum, i'm interested to get the Medela PIS advanced shoulder bag from US. please count me in if you decided to do a pool purchase.

I got my medela PISA adapter from those electrical shops. Only $14 and can be used for the USA model.

I bought the USA model at a USA website. Plus shipping, it came up to $420.

I read somewhr that the freestyle may not be durable and powerful in pumping as compared to PISA bcos the motor is smaller. So, you need to weight whether you want the convenience to travel with the freestyle or want the power and durability of the PISA

Was wondering, for those using the Freestyle, how do you clean your pump at work?

When I had my first kid, I put my pump in the fridge in between pumps and was ok. If I had to go out for meetings, I would bring along a spare set.

Right now I am using the Freestyle. Was initially thinking to get the Medela Quick Clean Wipes, but looking at the Freestyle parts, too hard to wipe. Wondering whether to get the spare parts (abt S$50) or buy the microwave sterilizing bags and sterilize in office before going out for meetings. Any suggestions?

Hi Jing,

Either you don't use the two pumps at one time...so just do single pumping, else you can buy the spare parts, then u can do dual pumping for 2 sessions at work. You can go to the BP section or the overseas spree section.

For mummies using medela pump, when u bring it out, do you just keep it in zip lock bag to keep it clean? Previously i used avent, and they actually have caps/covers, so the inside of the pump won't be exposed at all. Any idea for medela? Pls PM me.

Hi Zoom,
I just use plastic bags to keep the shields- I presume that's what you are referring to and not the pump. Can use zip lock bags too. Lots of ppl do that.

i have tried both PIS advance and freestyle.
while its true freestyle looks nicer, smaller, quieter, it is not as powerful as the PIS advance

i'd rate the maximum suction power of the freestyle to be about 70% that of the PIS advance

just looking at the size of the motor its not difficult to understand why - the freestyle has a much small motor than the PIS advance

i also heard a smaller motor spoil easier than a larger one, not sure how true is this
maybe can clarify with medela.com the manufacturer

other than motor size, factors affecting pump suction power could be - larger membrane size -
the freestyle has a larger membrane than the PIS advance - hence large contact surface and less efficient pumping

the softshield (silicone) of the freestyle also need to be changed regularly like any silicone teats / pacifiers - unlike the PIS advance shield which is hard plastic
(do note that all medela parts are BPA-free -> means no cancer-causing agent)

other than these negative points, personally i like the freestyle design, looks sleek and nice - but if you are into serious pumping, i feel the PIS advance is a more efficient and reliable workhorse

hi visha,

im interested in either Medela Pump In Style
Advanced Backpack or Medela Pump In Style
Advanced Metro Bag

do they ship to SG?

saw from web alot of usa sites have this but i do not know which website to buy from

I am selling my Medela Freestyle breast pump which was used less than 5 times. Condition: As gd as new!

More About This Item:
* Bought in July 2011 locally
* As good as new, still kept in box
* US import set but comes with local warranty
* Motor unit still under local warranty (till end June 2012)
* Selling at S$599 because it comes with close to 1 year's local warranty (ie. as gd as new!). Retail price is S$959

What’s Included:
* Attractive tote bag
* Hands-Free Kit (unused)
* 2 bra adapters (unused)
* 2 replacement bra adapters - universal (unused)
* 2 replacement bra adapters - hook & eye (unused)
* Support belt & extension (unused)
* 2 - 24 mm SoftFit™ breastshields
* Breastshield Spare Parts Kit - 2 breastshield bodies; 2 membranes; 2 back caps (unused)
* 1 set of tubing
* 4 - 5 oz breastmilk bottles, lids & travel cap
* Wide base slow flow nipple
* Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charged but never used)
* Power cord & charger
* Contoured ice pack
* Removable cooler carrier
* Instructions & quick start card
* Breastfeeding guide to enhance your breastfeeding experience

**Free with This Hot Deal**
- Brand-new Medela Purelan breast cream
- Adaptor for local use. So it is truly plug-and-play in Singapore
- PersonalFit (Size S)
- Breastfeeding guide
- Brand-new receiving blanket-cum-towel (2-in-1 function)

More About Medela Freestyle
* Hands-free accessories provides the freedom for true pumping mobility
* Rechargeable battery allows for 3 hours of pumping time per charge
* Small and lightweight weighs less than 1 pound and can fit in the palm of your hand
* 2-Phase Expression technology - smart and powerful pumping that is proven to mimic a baby's natural nursing pattern and get more milk in less time
LCD screen, digital display lit screen provides a digital display that can also be used as a nightlight for those late pumping sessions
* Memory button allows mom to save her favorite pumping pattern for ease and efficiency for the next pumping session
* Cute tote bag holds pumping essentials and more. All of the coordinating accessories are removable, so tote can be used separately.
* Unit Weight: 2.3 kg
* Unit Size/Packaging: 21cm x 49cm x 32cm
* Vacuum: 50-250 mmHg
* Power: 60 HZ

Hurry and PM me while it is still available!

hi mummies out there,

i bought mine from My Beauty Loft - [email protected]

Ready stocks for medela Freestyle and PISA, surprisely her pricing are the cheapest among the USA spree and its totally brand new.

I have seen her stocks (in pallet), maybe thats why her's is cheapest due to low shipping cost.

just another lobang for u all to consider as i find her service and response fast and gd, she also offers help etc. most importantly i find her honest, meaning she sells the pump that fits you and not any how promote it.

worth a try...
happy.gif

happy breastfeeding ya!

Hi ladies,
Just to share.
i recently bought a medela PISA metro bag from USA & ship just one unit back. (if more unit, will exceed SGD400 & need to pay 7% tax). A lot of USA supplier will not ship internationally or to distributor address. I am gald i found one who can ship to USA Vpost address. The shipping fee is free to Vpost address then back to singapore is SGD89 (before disc). i used maybank 1st timer discount of $30. planning to buy power adapter to fit singapore voltage from element14/ RS components. Better to get switch mode supply as it is lighter & save electricity vs linear mode. The original adapter given by medela is a linear mode plug.

Hi all,
I have a PISA backpack medela pump for sale at $300. Only used for 3 mths as i'm not breast feeding anymore. It a USA model but without the adapter for Singapore as i used batteries.Interested please PM me, giving away some 150ml used medela storage bottles too.

Back