Anyone bought LOGICO SET (English / Chinese) your your kids?

libralim

Hi Mummies,

Wld like to know any mummy had bought LOGICO Set for your kids? Was recommended by a couple of other mummies, but want some feedback before I invest in a set.. hear a set of the English version is about $400 to $500. Which is rather expensive.. can anyone please share.

Thanks

Hi Apricot,

Thanks a lot for the info. Have contact Mr Fang and will be getting a set for my son. Hope he enjoy it.

Thanks

Hi apricot,

Can you tell me how does this Logico set works ? The one you bought is chinese version ? Is it some games on papers ? if dun mind, can snap some pictures cos no ideas what is it about.

Thanks

Hi Funny,

The Logico set has two button board sets, 1 with 6 color buttons for activity set 1 to set 4. The other set has 10 color buttons for set 5.
Logico is activity games to train child's connectivity skill, linking skills, concentration skills, coordination skills and be focus.

For the product book titles, pls refer to
http://caterpillarhouse.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=179&osCsid=2862a832a9c009567e6df031da2303f3

I have taken some pdt pics
http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tulipvalley2000/album?.dir=/7b6escd

Hi apricot,

Want to check wif u, the Logico Book, how do you use them ah? Do you tear out all the pages or remain them in the book? Very troublesome lei, my son no patience, cause the page kept coming off, then he get angry.. Do you think I should cut them off the book?

Thanks

Hi GL,
I use them as they are in a book. Actually I personally think it is perfectly alright to tear the pages and let your son enjoy with the program. The English set is in fact in card form so this is another reason why I will support you to tear if you need to.

Hi Funny,
Have you got your set already ?

Hi apricot,

I have not. Still thinking whether to get from Malaysia. From the caterpillar website, the price seems cheaper.

Hi Funny,

I brt the Logico Chinese for $110, the caterpillar website listed as RM380. If u convert, is abt S$165, which is more expensive. The person Apricot recommended is quite nice. I brt some others book & VCD from her too.. I also brt a set of Doraemon comics book from her and my son loves it.. every night before he goes to bed, he will bring out to read/see.. quite nice comics, which I also read..
happy.gif

Hi Apricot,

Ok..Will try out one book first and maybe laminate it cos the pages are a bit thin.

Hi GL,
After some thot, I think you better don tear the Logico books. This is becos once you tear, you cannot sell them away in yrs later when your son need not use them. I also like the Doraemon comics books alot and will buy the full set from her soon.

Hi serrich,

I think in Spore, Grolier sells the English set but I heard it is very expensive.. no idea on the price. The English set comes in card form and not books form.

You can check out the English set from www.caterpillarhouse.com cos it seems a little cheaper than buy from Grolier.
http://caterpillarhouse.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=235&osCsid=2862a832a9c009567e6df031da2303f3
Be sure to check if the activites are in card or book form.

Another website you can consider
http://www.mylittleones.com.sg/products_englishlogico.htm

Maha YouYi in Bras Basah sells the Chinese set at S$200+.

Before that I was also very determined to get the English set and due to cost factor, I saw the Chinese set and realise the activities are quite similiar to English set. Some mummies who bot told me too. Only diff is the language and we may think our child won't be able to read or understand. That was my concern too. Later when I have the Chinese set, I realise we need to sit with the kid go thru the activities and we have to explain based on the simple chinese words instructions to guide them complete the activity. Sometimes just look at the pics we can also explain without looking at the instructions. You will also be amazed when the child just look at the pic and start to do the activities.

Hi Jas,

Mine is going to be 3.5 yrs old.
Did you like My First Chinese Word Books tat you bot recently from the BP that am currently orgainsing ?

Hi apricot..

My daughter love it.. but not really interest to read it.. only hold it and walk around.. hahaha... well, i m not too worried about it at the moment, jus scare she tear the book ..so i read her 2-3 books a day.. let her walk around with it and when she is busy with something else.. i "steal" and keep it back again...hehe

Frankly speaking, I have spent quite alot on bp since i found forum.. thats why I still have not decided whether to purchase the chinese logical set now .. hahaha

Anyway, Thanks again for organising this bp.

Hi Jas,
I read in another forum that your DD is attending Shichida and I think there are also alot more things to buy. Though my son is not in Shichida, I already bot some linking memory sets from there and now thinking of buying memory magic set. Ya u are right, I also been buying alot and so must curb spending and was so happy to found the supplier that charge us reasonably on the First Chinese books. There is another BP on recognising chinese words that I am doing.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?449156/535612

DO take a look too. Cheers !!
happy.gif

Hi Jas,
Logico is a worthwhile investment. Becos you knnow why, there are abt 32 books doubled sided pages totalling 1024 activites.

selina,
where in china did u for 450RMB? i've a friend who's goin china next wk n she's interested. normal bkshop? or along de streets?

Hi If there's anyone interested in getting the English Logico Primo or Piccolo Sets, I have 3 of each for sale. Grolier made me buy 8 sets for my little school but i only needed 2. You can check out my auction page too.
http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i::254446985

Grolier is selling it at $480 or $490. Quality and contents are really different btw the chinese and english versions.
happy.gif

Hi Zesty,
I have the chinese sets, they come in Rondo and Piccolo sets. How diff is the Primo ? Is it the same as Rondo or ??? I am puzzled. Is the maths set same as the chinese booklets?

Hi Snoopwen,

The Primo actually overlaps with Rondo a bit. Like from our Rondo sets, we can see maybe half (say 2 out of 4 booklets) of the questions in the Primo set. Rather than having to buy a few sets for different ages, Primo has a better spread. The maths set? This I am not sure. But the 10 folders for the Primo set are:

4017 At the Zoo
4019 Arts and Crafts with Teddy Bear
4023 Colours and Shapes
4024 Look and Speak
4026 Match the Picture
4027 My First Numbers
4030 Maths Games from 1 to 12
4031 Maths Games up to Number 20
4054 Learning about Traffic
4056 Concentration and Perception Games

Hope this information is useful!

Any idea what is the difference between the Logico Primo set and the Logico set that is advertised in Amazon.com?

Are the boards and cards of different sizes? Are the contents different?

My fren offering to sell me a brand new set of Logico - Starter Set, Cards Set A-C which she is gg to buy from the states, so i was wondering if it is the same..

i bought the whole set of logico.. and it comes with both english and chinese .. as in.. the CD.. when they help with the english.. they read the chinese one too..

sweetbaby.. if u interested.. can let me know.. i give u the person whom i bought from the contact number
happy.gif
cheers!

Hi nanabear

Somebody came by my place to sell the englisg logico set at $250 for Age 2-5 and $375 for Age 5-9. How much did you pay for yours and can I have that person's contact, pls?
Thanks!

Hi jemaxis,
I've called Grolier, the english logic which I wanted is from 9-12, also $375.

Are you interested in getting the english logico? Cos I know there's a mummy who wants the logico for her child, BP for 50 sets then can get cheaper. She dare not commit. I dunno whether she will organise one or not.

Was in KL and there was offer on Logico sets - Primo, Piccolo and Maximo RM 1888 + free books. Bought them and my daughter loves them. Worth the investment.

Hi Pom Pom, leave me your email address and I can send you the details. I am going to KL this weekend and can help to buy for you if need be. But you will need to confirm soonest.

Don't have the contact number. The whole 3 sets of logico I bought is English version (original from Germany). I can help to buy one (3 sets in total) when I visit KL next time. You may want to spree with others who want different type as the whole set comes in Primo, Piccolo and Maximo.

Back