Any vegetarians around? Care to share ...

lkkoh

I am thinking of going vegetarian. Can anyone share their experiences in doing so? And any recipes to share? Thanks a lot.

In Singapore it is relatively easy to be a vegetarian, compared to other countries.

There are relatively many vegetarian eateries in Singapore and it is also easy to buy ingredients to cook.

A good resource for vegetarian: http://www.vegetarian-society.org/fdl

For one of the recipes, we mixed carrot, broccoli, young corn with red pasta sauce in a baking container, sprinkle cheese on top and bake in an oven.

Hi michael, thanks for the info.

Hi Jolyon,

What are the foods you eat everyday?
- just to give me an idea how to go about doing it.

Thanks.

I also think it is not so easy to be a vegetarian. But I will still try.
Maybe accumulate more vegetarian recipes and hopefully can succeed.
So far no one in my home is a vegetarian.

if situation does not permit pure vegetarian, you can just eat the vegetables that is cooked with the meat - 锅边素。

If you don't mind I ask, what is the motivation for becoming a vegetarian?

Eating vegetarian is to 培養慈悲心... 修心

im a meat lover.. but im trying to go vegetarian as much as possible. Its kinda hard when you're eating out and cooking for family with kids. Sometimes i feel guilty for eating too much meat. haha.

Lay Koon, I applaud your compassion for living things. I hope you persist and find joy in being a vegetarian.

Hihi

How's your vege journey so far? Do add Vegetarian Society Singapore in facebook ... join some free cooking class organised by Yes at Geylang.

PM me for details ya.

Thanks for the link. I am going to become a vegetarian, I think it will be very difficult at the first. Share your experience, please

Newly opening Bedok mall B2 got a very nice vegetarian stall. Very small place though. $5 for rice with 3 dishes + drink. Got laksa and others as well. All $5 per set

You can try joining vege buddy 21 days (http://www.vegetarian-society.org/?q=node/1964) organised by Vegetarian Society Singapore ... try to go slow as its a transition period for you, and it is okay if you still crave for meat at times, depending on what prompted you to be a vege. Do subscribe to VSS e-newsletter for more happenings/ events on vegetarianism.

For me, it is an easy one as I never fancy the idea of killing animals since small (as I have pets, and my first pet, a rabbit was given to a malay neighbour who killed and BBQ my poor rabbit the night my granny gave it to her!).

There is also an organic meetup and vege meetup group that you may wish to join --> http://www.meetup.com/Organic-Living/ & http://www.meetup.com/singapore-vegetarian/

Also, do volunteer with VSS as and when you are free to get more exposure on vegetarianism. Explore on good makan places so that it convinces you on this path. Good places like Real Food at Novena Square 2 basement, 7 Sensations at 9 Raffles Blvd, Miao Yi at Coronation Plaza, Graces Court Cuisine at Queen Street, Ci Yan at Smith Street, Whole Earth at 76 Peck Seah St, Lotus at Quality Hotel, Balestier Rd, Lao Di Fang at 9 Penang Rd Park Mall, and the list is endless.

You may read up more on vege bloggers exploration. One good source is http://www.hungryangmo.com/ but my friend set-up a paid website called http://vegehub.org/ Do visit it as there are lots of information there.

Hope this helps.

Hi Judy

Have you tried? The last I read online, their food are swarm with lots of mock meat. Therefore, I am not so keen to explore tho one vegetarian stalls open = one meat stall is close which is a good thing.

Yes I have tried but I didn't try mock meat dishes though. (Dun fancy mock meat) I ordered all veggie dishes for me & my family. (Broccoli, curry potato, french bean, few kinds of mushroom, etc) We all love the veggie though.

to all going to vegetarian, do keep it up!!! I am a vegetarian and a mother of 2. My kids and hubby are veg too.... the above links are useful for those starter...don't give up... save the world and animal.

Just to clarify. When I mention a paid website vegehub. org, I don't mean that you have to pay in order to access the website, but he was the one paying to create and maintain the website to benefit all.

The vege confinement nanny list was provided by me. Feel free to let me know if you have any good ones, and my current CL is a very good and easy-going type, but hope fellow veges will not exploit kind people like her.

If you need the list, can refer to the website, but its excluding my current's CL's contact. Not updated there yet.

Refer to the post #977 (click).

吃素难不难在于一颗心,现在跟二十年前比起来,素食者真的幸福多了,好吃的素食档口也层出不穷。大家喜欢吃的荤食很多都有素食版的。如laksa, mee rebus, roti prata, 鸡饭,nasi lemak,蚝煎,satay, otah..... 等等,习惯吃肉的朋友可能开始会比较偏向重口味,吃久了就会偏向健康,清淡的素食。

Circuit road hawker center是一个汇集很多好吃的素食地。可以满足您的口欲,其实有好多素食甚至比荤的好吃呢!而且你吃得安心,不把自己的快乐(为满足自己三寸之舌)建筑在动物们的痛苦上,也不会制造更多的因果问题。

其实现在的肉食不是受污染就是打针饲养大的。好比猪吧。。 你要哪里肥就打哪里。。 这些过后都被吃进我们的肚子里啊,这也是为什么现在这么多人年纪轻轻就患癌,传染病也是越来越可怕。

端午节快到了,刚学习吃素的朋友想要找好吃的素粽,四马路一带每年都特别设立卖粽子的摊位,素粽在那里很容易可以找到,光明山及居士林初一过后也都有素粽义卖哦。
I eat at the Circuit Road hawker center frequently. 很多档吃到熟。

老师见证所有素食档口的变迁。In fact, if you name it, I may know the history of each stall.

从没翻新吃到翻新。

老师挺喜欢跟同桌吃素不认识的人小聊。

For mushroom lovers, here's a good recipe to share.

双菇炖饭

原料:干香菇、草菇、红尖椒、红萝卜、奶油(超市可买到)、熟米饭一碗、
油咖喱做法:
1、干香菇用水泡软,挤干水份后一分为二。草菇切片,红萝卜切细丝,红尖椒切丝。
2、起锅热油,放入红尖椒丝、红萝卜丝、草菇、香菇翻炒熟。
3、加适量水,放入奶油、熟米饭、适量油咖喱一起用中火慢慢煮,煮的过程中用锅铲不断翻动,以免粘锅底。
4、当炖到汁成浓稠状后,加盐调味即可也锅。

recipe101.jpg

一品百灵菇

原料:百灵菇、西兰花、生菜、

味型:蚝油味

做法:

(1)新鲜百灵菇洗净煮熟(煮时可以加适量盐)备用,西兰花烫熟备用;

(2)生菜切丝垫入盘底,把煮熟的百灵菇切片摆放到生菜上;西兰花也摆到盘上。

(3)另起锅热油,加入姜末炒香,加少量水,用生抽、素蚝油和白胡椒调味,加水淀粉勾芡。把汁淋到百灵菇和西兰花上即可。

recipe68.jpg

吉祥猴菇
原料:干猴头菇、红青尖椒、芹菜、干辣椒

做法:

1、干猴头菇用凉水泡至少三个小时,撕成适当小块,再用滚水焯一下可以去掉本身的苦涩味,捞出后用凉水过一下,挤干水分。 (下图为泡好并撕成小块的猴头菇)

2、将挤干的猴头菇用酱油、白胡椒粉、蘑菇精腌至入味,放入干生粉拌匀后,倒入油锅中炸至金黄色。

3、另起锅热油,依次放入干辣椒、红青尖椒片、芹菜段炒出香味,再倒入炸好的猴头菇,翻炒后加入少许盐、蘑菇精即可出锅。

recipe42.jpg

I sometimes cook claypot broccoli with Chinese mushrooms in vegetarian oyster sauce. Add a bit of water and corn starch to have some gravy. You may also add some small corns and sliced carrots. Great yummy veg dish.

素烧卖

材料:马铃薯,香菇蒂,麦片,罗卜,大豆粒,香酥(可有可无),大头菜,面粉2匙,薯粉2匙,云吞皮或饺子皮
调味:盐,麻油,胡椒粉,五香粉,味精

制作:
1 马铃薯蒸熟压成泥,香菇蒂及大豆粒泡软磨碎,香酥及大头菜剁碎,罗卜切细丁。
2 将所有材料混合在一大碗,加入调味料伴均。
3将材料捏成小团放在云吞皮上包起即可。
4 把已包好的烧卖蒸10分钟即可。

recipe001.jpg

Hi all,
I was on vegetarian for 100 days when my dad passed away 8 years ago. Couldn't believe that I was so determine at that time. Maybe shifu said it's for my dad's good so we decided to do so.
Before that, I rmb sometimes 初一十五I also vegetarian but not always. Now that I'm 11 weeks pregnant and happened to see this thread today, I've decided to be on vegetarian for these two days every month. I won't be a strict one, will still eat eggs and 锅边菜.
Thanks for sharing the recipes and yes, circuit road hawker has v nice vegetarian food! :)

Refer to the post #977 (click).

I eat at the Circuit Road hawker center frequently. 很多档吃到熟。

老师见证所有素食档口的变迁。In fact, if you name it, I may know the history of each stall.

从没翻新吃到翻新。

老师挺喜欢跟同桌吃素不认识的人小聊。
So teacher, are u familiar with 新佛界and佛有缘? I tried twice at 新佛界with my mum, not too bad.
As for 佛有缘, when I was v young, they are located at geylang area. I used to stay there when I was a kid and love their beehoon. Now they have shifted to kitchener road and I have not gone there alrd.

From post #994 (click)

An interesting Tongue twister : 初一吃素初二吃素初三吃素初四吃素初五吃素初六吃素初七吃素......十五吃素....最后一定变成苏武粗素. Ha Ha..
Today is 初一,“初一吃素“!
台湾人的口音就是如此。吃素 - 粗素 粗树. :p

I was on vegetarian for 100 days when my dad passed away 8 years ago. Couldn't believe that I was so determine at that time.
有决心做得到。
老师碰过有一种人一定要吃肉。“一餐没吃肉会死,全身乏力”。像这种人,老师不太要跟对方浪费唇舌。

Maybe shifu said it's for my dad's good so we decided to do so.
那师父说的好呀!
人死100天魂魄在游荡的。若当时财施挂往生者的名字,功德马上收到。

Before that, I rmb sometimes 初一十五I also vegetarian but not always. Now that I'm 11 weeks pregnant and happened to see this thread today,
100%放心吃!老师在美国住,organic preggy mummies很多!那些ang moh 生出来的baby个个健康。Those Sikh people, their babies are vegetarian. 不见得统统发育不健全。

I've decided to be on vegetarian for these two days every month. I won't be a strict one, will still eat eggs and 锅边菜.
很多人吃素吃蛋的。

So teacher, are u familiar with 新佛界and佛有缘? I tried twice at 新佛界with my mum, not too bad.
As for 佛有缘, when I was v young, they are located at geylang area. I used to stay there when I was a kid and love their beehoon. Now they have shifted to kitchener road and I have not gone there alrd.
新佛界 - the new one! Along Jalan Besar.
佛有缘certain days are closed.

新加坡、马来西亚、台湾、香港吃素方便。

老师去过很多国家。老师认为,新加坡是全东南亚吃素最方便的国家(排第一),排第二是马来西亚。

Last edited:
I love vegetarian food in jb too. They have very high standard vegetarian restaurants there. Restaurant ambience and inexpensive. There are alot of vegetarian restaurants to choose from too but when it comes to hawker centres (like taman sentosa and 555 at tun aminah) or coffee shops, there is no vegetarian stalls at all :(

There is this 七福 vegetarian restaurant near Giant bukit indah. I love their sushi.
https://m.facebook.com/7FuVegetarianPark?v=ti

天之雨素食馆 at Taman sutera utama (五福城). There r a number of vegetarian restaurants in 五福城 that I hv yet to explore. A coffee shop in that place also has a humble vegetarian stall to go to when the restaurants close in the afternoon for a rest.

Zen Taiwanese restaurant at jusco bukit indah has an extensive vegetarian menu amidst its meat menu.

不要再吃鸡蛋!!一个养鸡场老板女儿带血的忏悔和劝告!!

不要再吃鸡蛋了!

让我们一起来看看,一个养鸡场老板女儿带血的忏悔和劝告:

养鸡场老板女儿的忏悔和劝告由于接触到传统文化,在老师的鼓励下,才有勇气把这个鸡蛋是怎么来的讲出来。

同时,也向我们曾经伤害过的人道歉,向所有伤害、杀害的众生道歉:对不起,我们错了!

经常看到有人在早上会吃鸡蛋;
也听人说:早上一个鸡蛋加杯牛奶,真好!

我们家养蛋鸡,但不吃。

我家养蛋鸡十几年了,就在一个两层楼的小学学校里养。

二十几年前,我家就养鸡,那时是放养,鸡很聪明,很健康,我们自己家里人也都吃鸡蛋和鸡肉。

现在,小小的鸡苗到家以后就要给它打针,去喙。

打针,可以让它们比家养的鸡少生病和长得快。

去喙,可节省饲料消耗,减少啄癖发生,但若操作不当可造成出血死亡或终身残疾。

等鸡长到能上架后,一个房间里就可以放600左右的鸡,从此,那就是它们一生要住的囚笼了。

三个月后,它们就可以生蛋了,每天给它们吃的食物主要是:玉米,米糠,油饼粉和营养包的混合饲料。

记得才开始养时,爸爸去给我们鸡苗的公司考查,回来后,就再不吃鸡蛋和鸡肉了。

不光是他,他们一批去公司的人回来都不再吃了,同时也劝家里人不要再吃。

因为“营养包”上写的维生素,蛋白质,纤维素等,不是包里的所有的内容的名称。

不然这些鸡怎么可能一天生下两个蛋呢?

家鸡要生成一个完整的蛋大约需要24小时。

也就是说,一个正常鸡蛋的形成需要24小时以上,如果没有别的作用力,鸡不可能一天当中产两个看起来正常的鸡蛋.

家鸡软皮蛋、薄壳蛋一天当中产2个以上有可能。

蛋鸡的蛋里面有激素?

在饲料中添加了生长激素和促进排卵的激素,增长素……这使得鸡的生殖系统和身体提前长成。

为了预防“鸡瘟病”(禽流感)等一些疾病,降低鸡死亡率。

要定期给鸡喂食大量的“抗生素”(象土霉素,庆大霉素,氟苯尼考等)对人体有害的药物。

鸡蛋里肯定有抗生素残留。

鸡体内残留激素通过产蛋这一途径排泄。

因为从小就把这些鸡当机器,除了给它药物的作用,为了让它早生产,还要给鸡照光,因为光照可以刺激蛋鸡的下丘脑,使其分泌醋性腺激素作用到性腺(卵巢) ,使产蛋量增加。

所以,初产蛋的蛋鸡精神亢奋,高度神经质,至到给它再加上抑制神经的药。

从它们上架产蛋,就会发出低沉的“扼扼……”的呻吟,每当我们进去捡鸡蛋时,它们的声音就特别的大,好像在求救一样,好像在哭述:“我生不如死……”

大家都应该知道江本胜博士的《水知道答案》,这样的鸡生下的蛋,您还觉得安全吗?

这样就很能理解,现在的小孩子为什么不那么听话,为什么两三岁的小女孩胸部会变大,会来月经……

总之,现在的怪病越来越多,看病越来越难。

有人会说,我不吃那样的鸡蛋,我吃土鸡蛋。

那么请问你能确定你从超市高价拿回的就真是土鸡蛋吗?

我家饲养场里也出产“土鸡蛋”。

鸡体内残留激素的作用,加上在这样的囚牢生存,它们很容易生病,比如它患上输卵管炎,这样生下的就是白色较小的“土鸡蛋”。

而这些更加对人体有害的“土鸡蛋”反而比正常鸡蛋要贵很多!
高质量生活知识,来源weixin号:gzlshzs

在我们邻村有家养猪的,他家的猪很肥,三个月就可以长一批起来。

有一年,他老婆把给猪吃的饲料给家里的小土鸡吃,结果,两个月,这批土鸡就长大生蛋了,看起来,也是正常的“土鸡蛋”,还很受买家的欢迎。

这些就是我所了解的自己身边的事。

所以,下次吃蛋前,请您再三考虑:您拿在手中的或你孩子手中的那一个是无害的吗?

还听人说,“这些不能生蛋的鸡运走后,喂以类固醇饲料,短短一星期,鸡只便肥大壮硕,肉质松软,再卖给这些作香鸡排的加工厂。这就是你们吃的酥脆、松软的香鸡排。”

所以,如果你的朋友有喜欢吃香鸡排的,也别忘了把这件事告诉他。

试问:我们真的必须吃掉这些有害的东西吗?

20多天长大的鸡,3月出产的猪,还有这些可怜的蛋鸡和蛋?

“没有买卖,就没有杀害”,为了自己的健康,为了家人的健康,为了我们地球的环保,请您《向肉食说NO》!

我是这家的女儿,现在我接触到传统文化,特别是《弟子规》后,深深地感到从事这个行业是多大的错误。

观看了《圣贤教育改变命运》后,才明白,我爸爸常年的身体疼痛是多年杀生,害人的反作用力在起作用。

我弟弟开车把人给撞死,自己受重伤,差不多花掉家里所有的积蓄,也是反作用力在起作用,这些不吉利的财真是凶入凶出啊!

在此,我代家人忏述多年的害人害己的事,希望能赎一些罪业。

我也会力劝家人改行。

也劝同样从事养饲行业的人们,不要再从事这个行业了。

“天不生无禄之人,地不长无名之草”,总有一个利人利已的行业可以让我们从事。

Last edited:
现在,新加坡售卖的鸡蛋是ok. 商业化。Non-fertilised eggs. 其他国家的大型超市售卖的鸡蛋应该没有问题。还有很多大德和尚尼姑都吃鸡蛋了。:)

chicken-coops.jpg

entry-point-control.jpg
Pictures source: Seng Choon Farm

However, many parts of China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand and etc still have kampong eggs. Usually, fertilised eggs. 土鸡蛋. And these eggs cannot be eaten.

KFC,McDonald's, Burger King, MOS burger, Subway的鸡肉不能吃。鸡都是打针,小孩吃多会性早熟。Little boy become horny and small girl's breast becomes larger and nipples' colour dark, 大姨妈来也来的早. Horrible.

Refer to your post #1017 (click)

受五戒的人为了补身喝养命酒,或做月用就来煮事物,是破戒吗?
还没认真守戒前都要认真考虑。若每个居士、和尚、尼姑,Baboo Singh要补身,岂不是是统统要喝养命酒?lol...

老师个人认为,妇女坐月时,身体虚弱,喝点养命酒是ok. NTUC Fairprice 卖杜仲补药精(Veg)可以喝。那是活血。同样有补身功效。男人也可以喝,不过喝多反而会变“饿狼”。

处此之外,素食参少量的花雕酒可以的。

Hi
现在,新加坡售卖的鸡蛋是ok. 商业化。Non-fertilised eggs. 其他国家的大型超市售卖的鸡蛋应该没有问题。还有很多大德和尚尼姑都吃鸡蛋了。:)

chicken-coops.jpg

entry-point-control.jpg
Pictures source: Seng Choon Farm

However, many parts of China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand and etc still have kampong eggs. Usually, fertilised eggs. 土鸡蛋. And these eggs cannot be eaten.

KFC,McDonald's, Burger King, MOS burger, Subway的鸡肉不能吃。鸡都是打针,小孩吃多会性早熟。Little boy become horny and small girl's breast becomes larger and nipples' colour dark, 大姨妈来也来的早. Horrible.

老师,

Can you explain further on fertilized and non fertilized eggs? I bought kampong eggs from a Minimart near my house but it is from Malaysia. Is it safe? Why do you say 土鸡蛋 cannot be eaten? So local kampong eggs or free range eggs are safer? Hope to hear from you soon, thanks in advance.

cow.jpg

人类一直认为动物不会哭泣,但是这只水牛却哭泣得像个婴孩!

目瞪口呆的屠宰场工人,拒绝宰杀一头跪地求饶的黄牛,它的双眼充满哀伤,同时脸颊挂满着眼泪。“人类一直以为动物是不会哭泣,可是那只黄牛真得像个婴孩一样地啜泣着!”一位香港的包装厂老板Billy Fong如此告诉记者。

“当时至少有一打强壮魁梧的男士在场,而负责宰杀动物的那些男孩,他们的眼泪也不禁夺眶而出。”
当时的人都非常地感动,他们一起出钱买下这头牛,将它送到一间佛寺,并祝福这头牛能平静地过完馀生。
黄牛哭泣求饶的感人故事是这样开始的:一群工人牵着一只黄牛走进包装厂内,准备将它宰杀做成牛排和炖牛肉。
当他们接近屠宰房门口时,那只悲伤的黄牛突然停步不前,两只前脚往前跪下,眼泪也跟着扑簌簌地流了下来。
“当我看到这种被人们认为是愚笨的动物,竟然在哭泣,以及看到它那充满恐惧和悲哀的双眼时,我忍不住地发起抖来。”一位受到极度震撼的屠夫Shiu Tat-Nin回忆说。“我赶紧叫其他人过来看,他们也和我一样地讶异!我们不住地推拉着那头黄牛,可是它却一动也不动,只是坐在那边不断地哭泣。”

“我们被眼前的景象给震撼住,因为那只牛看起来就好像是人一样。我们环顾着彼此,内心都很清楚,这里没有一个人忍心下得了手杀它。接下来面对的问题是:我们该怎麽来处理这件棘手的问题?”最后他们决定大家一起出钱买下这只哭泣的黄牛,并且送给那些会爱护它的出家人,好让它可以安心地度过这一辈子。

“当我们向这只黄牛保证不会杀它时,它才肯移动,然后起身紧紧跟随着我们。”Shiu如此说。“不管你们相信不相信,这是千真万确的事情,虽然听起来确实是不可思议。”

“这只看起来很愚笨的动物,彷佛可以了解我们所说的每一个字!”其他的屠宰工人都过来围观这只哭泣的牛,现场挤得水泄不通。“他们其中有叁个人,当场就愣住了。”工头Fong说;“他们说,以后宰杀其它动物时,将永远不会忘掉这只泪流满面的水牛。

Hi Mummies, you do not need to eat meat to get the nutritious you need. There are lots of veggies, fruits that are equally or more nutritional.

I simply love sweet potato, do you?

sweet%20potato.jpg

Good nutrition is important for everyone. If you are pregnant, nutrition becomes an even higher priority, because you must adjust your diet to include your growing baby’s needs. You may have to stop eating some of your favorite foods and increase your intake of others. Focusing more on a diet of natural foods can provide your body with essential vitamins and minerals. Foods such as sweet potatoes are beneficial during pregnancy because of their high nutritional value.

Vitamin A
According to the American Pregnancy Association, if you are pregnant, you should consume 700 micrograms of vitamin A per day. One cup of cooked sweet potato with skin has 1922 micrograms of vitamin A, nearly 300 percent of the daily recommended intake.

Vitamin C and Iron
Vitamin C is vital to the absorption of iron. Iron is essential to you and your baby’s health during pregnancy. The National Institutes of Health recommends that pregnant women consume 80 to 85 milligrams of vitamin C and 27 milligrams of iron each day. A 1-cup serving of sweet potato baked in the skin contains 39.2 milligrams of vitamin C, which is almost half of the recommended value. A 1-cup serving also contains 1.38 milligrams of iron.

Dietary Fiber
Dietary fiber supports good health by introducing natural bulk to your digestive system. One of the common symptoms of pregnancy is constipation. By consuming 22 to 28 grams of dietary fiber on a daily basis, you reduce the occurrence of this symptom and prevent digestive problems. Women should eat 28 to 34 grams of dietary fiber per day. A 1-cup serving of sweet potato has 6.6 grams of dietary fiber, which is significant for one food item.

Potassium
Adults age 19 and older, including pregnant women, should consume 4.7 grams of potassium per day. Women who are breastfeeding should increase their intake of potassium to 5.1 grams per day. Sweet potatoes contain 950 milligrams of potassium, which makes them an extremely beneficial food during pregnancy.

Vitamin B6
Adults age 19 and older, including pregnant women, should consume 4.7 grams of potassium per day. Women who are breastfeeding should increase their intake of potassium to 5.1 grams per day. Sweet potatoes contain 950 milligrams of potassium, which makes them an extremely beneficial food during pregnancy.

Here's another great food, one of my favorite, people who love it will love it.. otherwise will stay far away from it...

petai.jpg

Petai contains three natural sugars -sucrose, fructose and glucose. Combined with fiber, petai gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proved that just two servings of petai provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder petai is the number one fruit with the world’s leading athletes.
But energy isn’t the only way petai can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.

#1. Depression: many suffers felt much better after eating petai. This is because petai contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.

#2. PMS(premenstrual syndrome): Forget the pills – eat petai. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood. Anaemia: High in iron, petai can stimulate the production of haemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anaemia.

#3. Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. Petai has the ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.

#4. Brain Power : a to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert. Understand that bananas contain lot of potassium too so eat more banana. Just look at those monkeys, they are really active, alert, smart and cunny too!!

#5. Constipation: High in fiber, including petai in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.

#6. Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a petai milkshake, sweetened with honey. The petai calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.

#7. Heartburn: Petai has a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating petai for soothing relief.

#8. Morning Sickness : Snacking on petai between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.

#9. Mosquito bites : Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of the petai skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.

#10. Nerves: Petai is high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.

Overweight: most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady.

#11. Ulcers: Petai is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.

#12. Temperature control : a ‘cooling’ fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Holland, for example, pregnant women eat petai to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.

#13. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) : Petai can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer, tryptophan.

#14. Smoking: Petai can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.

#15. Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body’s water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium petai snack.

#16. Strokes: eating petai as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%’.

#17. Warts: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that if you want to kill off a wart, take a piece of petai and place it on the wart. Carefully hold the petai in place with a plaster or surgical tape! So, as you can see, petai really is a natural remedy for many ills.

When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrates, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals.. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around…

Long time no hear from moorspa. Welcome back to the forum!

Can you explain further on fertilized and non fertilized eggs?
受精蛋fertilized eggs - 会付出小鸡
无受精蛋unfertilized eggs - 无生命

I bought kampong eggs from a Minimart near my house but it is from Malaysia. Is it safe? Why do you say 土鸡蛋 cannot be eaten?
Do you mean you bought the eggs from a minimart in Malaysia? Or the eggs are from Malaysia which you bought them in Singapore?

土鸡蛋要看是什么产地和饲养方式。土鸡指的是自然生态下成长的鸡只。马来西亚的鸡农饲养母鸡,未必是机械化。就是鸡农专把母鸡关在园厂((土)母鸡可以自由活动),然后每天以人工取蛋。有些小型的土鸡农厂,把公鸡母鸡关在园厂,人工饲养取蛋。有公鸡和母鸡关在一起的,这些母鸡生的蛋,吃素者就不适合了。

So local kampong eggs or free range eggs are safer? Hope to hear from you soon, thanks in advance.
It depends. 大型批发蛋商,多半农场是机械化。Mass production = technology = $. Not only Singapore, Malaysia is also adopting technology 来增加鸡蛋产量。新加坡的鸡蛋供不应求,>50% are imported from Malaysia. Usually these eggs sold in Singapore没有问题。

话说回来,kampong eggs 有很多种。吃素的话,确保无受精蛋就可以。

There are low cholesterol eggs available in the market. 吃了健康,味道还可以。

Last edited:

Back