~Any reliable chinese temple to pray for baby boys?

gypie

hi,

i am a mother of 2 gals, would like to try for a boy.

any one knows any reliable chinese temple to ask or pray for a baby boy?

or anyone can share their experiences, asking which temple or anyone about the number and sex of their children?

i am also curious to know if i am fated to have any boys. If not, then i can stop at #2.

thanks for sharing, anyone in my spot before.

Hi Gypsy.

I am not sure if this is real although I been through it myself but my elders really believe it.

My family clan always hold this chinese god dinner which pple can bid for things. I am sure you have seen such dinner. Each year, at the dinner, there is this red banner with 2 lanterns for bidding. This is the "star" of all the items and always being bidded with the highest price.

Last year, my dad was down with cancer and would like me to have a grandchild soon. My dad told me that every year, pple who bidded successfully for the banner & lanterns will be blessed with children and sons only. One of my uncles bidded for it as his wife seems to have difficulty getting pregnant for a long time.. the moment he hang the banner and lanterns up. His wife got pregnant and he had a son. His wife goes on to have a 2nd son. Now they have 2 boys.

My dad's fren, same thing, long time no pregnant news from his wife, so bidded for the banner and lanterns the year after my uncle did it, same thing, he got a son soon after.

So last year, my dad bidded the set for me at $1003 (this figure means sure to get pregnant). I don't really believe such thing but then since he wanted me so much to hang it up, I did as I was told. The following month, I was pregnant. I delivered a boy this year June.

So I am not sure if these are all conincidental or for real that the banner and lanterns do have such power to let you become pregnant and has son.

This year, another person had bidded the set for the same reason. I am not too sure if he will get the same result or not.

Hi Ann,

Wow this is very new to me, and really interesting!

Chinese God dinner - is it you mean the 7th lunar month one? Sorry if i am wrong and mistaken.

Or is it ok to find out more where and when this particular dinner your dad got this banner set?

thanks alot!.Cheers

Hi Gypsy.

It's those Chinese god birthday dinner, held on Lunar 8th month annually. For this year, I just attended the dinner on 25th September (English calendar date). It is being held at the same place every year, at the basket ball court next to Blk 427 Bedok North Road. I think I still have the dinner invitation at home. Let me go home to take a look and will let you know which is the temple in charge.

I am really not familiar cause normally it's my dad who attended such stuff. But he had passed away last year December so this year, I started to attend this dinner in replacement of him.

Hi Ann

Oh dear, i hope i have not offended you or anyone with my ignorance.

Yes i get it now-the Chinese God Birthday in the lunar 8th month.

Appreciate you find out more details, after all i missed this year.

Out of curious - did most of the people you meantion above,
got the banner set from the same dinner event that you just attended?

Cheers babe! Nice knowing you too...;)

Hi Gypsy.

I seems to have thrown away the invitation card liao. I help you ask my grandparents tomorrow cause will be meeting them for dinner. They sure know one.

Yup.. they all get the banner set from the same dinner event.

Hey Gypsy.

It's ok.. no trouble at all. You must be wanting a boy real badly.

Spoken to my grandma.. understand from her that last time in Kampong, there is a temple but kampong cleared liao so temple also no more. Now the god figurines are being worshipped at different houses. But we all belong to the same family clan. So on this very day, the gods figurines will be brought out to this dinner place for all to worship.

I told my grandma about your plight.. she say ya.. all pple who bid for the banner sets had successfully give birth and to sons only. Ask you to try next year if you are interested.

Sorry that I am not able to help further. Don't know can lend you the banner and lanterns to hang or not. Not sure if it can work this way. Haha!! Next one I hope to have a girl.. so grandma ask me to take down the banner set if I wan to have girl.

Hiyee Ann

sorry been busy lately, so did not log on.

Yes yes i am interested to try next year, eh but how? how to join the event to bid?
And i also not from your family clan, does it work if i bid successfully?

Don't worry i am a 100% chinese, with Hokkein surname Ong.

You are indeed very kind mummy to even thought of lending to me, but i believe it may not work this way, or else this banners will be passing around and around. Thank you so much for the tots...;)

can i give you my email address or contact number?

i am really sincere and very keen in trying to bid, althou it is next year event.

Hi Gypsy.

Normally nearer to event, we will get the dinner invites from the organisers. I think need to pay for the dinner.. $100 per person but I am unsure. For me, I did not pay for this yr dinner cos the year before I bid the banner set at $1003 (alot of $$ lei, Haha!!), so I get to attend the dinner for free. Maybe, I let my fourth granduncle know that you are interested and he can send an invitation to you too.

My dad's fren also not my family clan.. but it works for him.

So coincidental.. I am also Hokkien and surname is Poh.

Ya.. quite true hoh.. that's why every yr so many pple bid for the banner set and only one set nia. Hehe!!

You can add me on your MSN (if you have) and we can communicate there. My MSN address is [email protected]. If you don't have MSN, you can also PM me your email adress and contact number.

Actually, just for my own curiosity, how come you want boy so much that you are willing to try and bid for the banner set? But if too personal reason, then nevermind. I just curious nia. Hehe!!

How to conceive - by Great Master Yin Guang (印光大师):

求子之道——印光大师著

求子之道。人多背驰。汝欲得身体庞厚。性情贤善。福、慧、寿、三。通皆具足之子。须依我说。方可遂心。世人无子。多娶妾媵。常服壮阳之药。常行房事。此乃速死之道。非求子之方也。幸而得子。亦如此秕稻种之。或不出、或出、亦难成熟。第一要断房事。或半年,至少或百日。愈久愈好。当与妇说明。彼此均存此念。另屋居住。若无多屋。决须另床。平时绝不以妻作妻想。当作姊妹想。不敢起一念之邪念。待身养足后。待妇月经净后,须天气清明。日期吉祥。夜一行之。必得受孕。从此永断房事。直到生子过百日后,或可再行。

Thanks Michael for sharing!

When is it considered to be 天气清明 & 日期吉祥?

Do you have any teachings on how to 身养足后?

I believe that the diet from both parties matter. And it needs to be relatively. E.g. if husband eats more vegetables or less meat than woman for some weeks before the trial, likely to get BOY. Revisit wat was your diet before you concieved the 2 girls in relative...switch the diet with your husband ! This comment is purely from my observation.. and I am blessed with sons and daughters ! :p

夫妇求子吗?
Click to read 注生娘娘 discussion thread.
wink.gif

Last edited:

Back