Any mummies with successful VBAC?

naeema

Hi all,

I had a sg50 baby last july and just yesterday I found out I'm pregnant again! I am super shocked that I conceived so quickly as it took me a 2 years and a few doc visits to conceive my DD.

I had to have a C-sect done after 15 hours of induced labour and only 1cm dilated. Gyane mentioned either we could wait longer or just go c-sect and get it over and done with. Due to my inexperience and fatigue of waiting for so many hours, I caved in. I regretted that decision so badly and it took me almost a month to get over it.

Now that #2 is on the way, I am hoping to go for natural birth this time round. After reading about Dr Paul Tseng's reviews all over forums, I've decided to see him next week for my first consultation.

If all goes well, my 2 babies age difference will be about 16 months. Any mummies here had successful VBAC with such close age gap?

TIA =)

My friend did VBAC under Dr Paul Tseng. Hers is 3 years apart though. He will be able to access towards the later part of the preganancy if you are able to do VBAC. Have to measure the thickness of something. Cervix lining?

Hi, I had successful vbac in jan this year. My GynAe was dr Paul tseng. He will only assess your Csect scar ard 36 weeks to determine if you are able to have natural birth or need Csect. So at 36 weeks, he assessed my scar via ultrasound and told me I can try natural. I gave birth the following week as waterbag burst and he was away for a week. Luckily his backup gynae, dr Steven Teo was oso expert in vbac and monitored my condition closely throughout my labour (11pm-3am) and I was put on ctg monitoring throughout as he was concerned about my wound too. He successfully helped me deliver my bb boy at 3+ in the morning. First time seeing him, a cool man but serious in his work. Kudos to the nurses at TMC too who gave me support when I had my epi and during the pushing process.

Hi, I had successful vbac in jan this year. My GynAe was dr Paul tseng. He will only assess your Csect scar ard 36 weeks to determine if you are able to have natural birth or need Csect. So at 36 weeks, he assessed my scar via ultrasound and told me I can try natural. I gave birth the following week as waterbag burst and he was away for a week. Luckily his backup gynae, dr Steven Teo was oso expert in vbac and monitored my condition closely throughout my labour (11pm-3am) and I was put on ctg monitoring throughout as he was concerned about my wound too. He successfully helped me deliver my bb boy at 3+ in the morning. First time seeing him, a cool man but serious in his work. Kudos to the nurses at TMC too who gave me support when I had my epi and during the pushing process.
My first one was born in 2013, so second bb is 2 yrs apart.

My first one was born in 2013, so second bb is 2 yrs apart.

Hi! thank you so much for the input :)
I just saw Dr Paul Tseng for my first consultation on Saturday. He is very supportive in my decision to try for vbac. I told him about my concern on the short interval between my babies and he assured me that has got nothing to do with a successful vbac. It all depends on individuals body and how far your wound recovers. Dr paul said uterine rupture can occur even if your babies are 5 years apart.

Since my #1 was a small baby at birth (2.5kg) and there was no known medical conditions for a emergency c-sec, he said I may have a high chance of trying for normal birth. I now gotta wait till 38 weeks for him to measure my cervical thickness and see if I'm a suitable candidate *keeping my fingers crossed*

Can you also share how much was his delivery fees? Thank you :)

Hi, I Tink his hospital fees is ard $3,800 for delivery.. The delivery fees are stipulated on the wall at the cashier. Fyi, I took a one bedded, stay one night in labour ward, one night in normal ward after delivery. My costs comes up to $9k plus.

Hi, I Tink his hospital fees is ard $3,800 for delivery.. The delivery fees are stipulated on the wall at the cashier. Fyi, I took a one bedded, stay one night in labour ward, one night in normal ward after delivery. My costs comes up to $9k plus.

Wow..thats pretty steep for normal delivery...thats with epi I suppose? How much was the cash payment after medisave deductions? Is it about 5k?
$3k upon admission and the balance upon discharge? TIA :)

Back