Any mommies staying in Hougang?

Hi shinobi,
My girl is at carpe diem blk 946, i like the school very much. You may refer to my review given on the link above.

My first skool is always full, I put my girl on waiting list but after a year still no place!

Hi Musicbox, How's the curriculum? the teachers? Yes, just read ur blog. Very interesting! I went there ydae at 7pm and they were close already! went to B954 as well, close. My hb works nite shifts from wed-sat so ydae got the chance to bring him to see the place but haiz..

Hi Shinobi,
all cc closed at 7pm unless there are children still waiting fro parents.
They've a set of curriculum including reading, music, singing, craft and every 3 months my girl will bring back what she did in the school. What i like most and amazed is the small booklet given by the teachers which they update me wat my girl is learning, also the website where the teachers post the pictures of those kids in school, the principal also very good.
Btw your boy is born in Nov 2010? My boy in Nov 2010 and are u from the Nov 2010 mummy group?

Hi Musicbox! Ya, didn't expect them to close on the dot! They so fast, packed and left! Hmm.. sounds good, what I kinda like most from what i been reading and hearing so far is that they have the MI-teaching method which is different approach for the child?.. Plus because of travel-issues, think got not much choice to choose ard my area. Btw, I live in ave 8. ur a Nov mommy too! ;)) Min is girl.. 2nd Nov. Urs? nov 2010 mommy grp in smh? im kinda more 'active' in mummysg! (oOops!) lol

Ya they say is MI teaching but i'm not so particular about the curriculum so till now i'm not sure what exactly is the difference. My girl does learn quite a few songs from the school and her chinese does improve, she speaks english at home and reply us in english even I speak to her in chinese, but ever since she started her nursery there, she speaks chinese nowadays, I think is becoz there are quite many PRC teachers there. My son was born on the 5 Nov which was the Depavali, haha!
We've created a Nov mummy group on facebook and there're quite many discussion there for the same age kids, if you're interested to join can pm me your facebook email address I'll get other mummy to add you in tat group
happy.gif

Hi Musicbox,

We just shifted to Hougang, near to Hougang Point. My girl is 3 yrs old this yr, and currently going to PCF at 970. We are thinking of enrolling her to full day childcare at Carpe Diem. Saw your reviews about them, but just want to reconfirm is your girl enrol at B954 or B946? Cos the pics in your blog seem to be at B954. Both my hubby and me went to B946 and can't find the giraffe at the main door, only at B954
happy.gif

Was told by Priscilla from B954 that they are full this year. Is their centre crowded? Sometimes when we bypass, their centre is very quiet. So didn't see any activity.

Hi Ling76,
Thanks for pointing out, it shd be 954 indeed and Priscilla is the principal. It is quite crowded but the students are well controlled by the teachers. 1-3 is their nap time, if you go in the morning or afternoon will be able to see the children doing activities.
The school is quite good and my girl does bring back her art craft book every term. They also have enrichment classes which will be taught by outsider and is extra payable. I did not enroll my girl for enrichment classes.

Hi Musicbox,
Thanks.
Oh now I know, I normally pick up my son from his schoolbus drop off around 1.30pm. No wonder I didn't see any kids learning or playing
happy.gif

Is your girl ok with the food there? My girl is very picky on food. Was hoping she can learn to eat a variety of food at the centre.

Hi Ling76,
My girl quite picky sometimes, but I just let her be loh, I believe if she's hungry she'll eat the food. Last time my maid will go there to accompany her during the lunch time, she told me some parents and helpers will bring additional food for the kids, you may also add in your food if you worry the food provided there is not enough.

Ling76,
U juz moved near to Hougang Point? This thread hasnt been active for quite some time, so i also seldom come in here.
happy.gif

lili_gal,
U stay near Hougang green? Which blk? Im also very near Hougang Green!
happy.gif

Ling76,
Ic. Ah ya...im looking for a plc in Punggol! Haha...
Im fine here. U leh? I came in a few times but didnt see many posts here, so MIA for quite some time too.
happy.gif

lili_gal,
Oh we are just opp! Recently there was a suicide case at ur blk mah. Im at blk 699A! I'm looking for Punggol coz' my sis, aunty and my cousins are staying there too.
happy.gif

yah!!! my mum was so pantang about it. so u planning on shifting? now very expensive right? and also punggol is more far out. actually where we stay vs punggol not too far isn't it?

Oh ok....ah ya no need be pantang lah, u oso duno her mah. ;) I was shocked too when i saw the blue tent and policemen beside it that time loh. The woman dun stay that blk de, but went to the blk to jump. Haiz...
sad.gif

Ya nw Punggol very ex. I have a few friends and customers juz sold for more than $500k. My gals like coz' they like Waterway and Punggol Promenade. But hav to wait till my elder gal finished her PSLE, then see which sch she's gg first, then decide further.
happy.gif

Hi all, I am new here. i am currently living with parent in law and keen to look for a house on our own. if anyone get to know any house is letting go, please pm me. preferably hougang 700+ as near to my babysitter. thx...

Hi wiky,
ha, maybe they know each other, my gal goes K1 sometimes, following her favourite teacher Mylene there. Which block are u staying?

Hi Hougang mummies,

I'm staying at Hougang Ave 8 and urgently looking for a part time helper to do cleaning and ironing once every weekend for 4 hours. My budget is around $10/hr. Do you have any to recommend?

Hi Karen,

My girl started her N2 on 3 Dec at Blk 954 Carpe Diem. Till today she will still cry in the morning when we bring her to school. But at the end of school, when we ask her whether she like this new school, her answer is always yes
happy.gif

Hi Ling76,
You've enrolled your girl there? My girl also N2 this year, she's in sunflower class, which class is your girl and what is her name? Maybe they know each other
happy.gif

Karen,
My boy is 2 yrs old, next month he'll be joining N1 at Carpe Diem. My girl started early this year, I like the school very much.

You may refer to my review here:
Carpe Diem

Hi Musicbox,
Is your girl going to K1 next year?
My girl is N2 next year, but we request for her to go school earlier to get use of the environment.
Her name is Clara Ang
happy.gif

But I didn't know that they have different classes. So far I only saw one N2 class in the morning.

Ling76,
My girl is N2 next year but the school already split the class and let those N1 kids get use to the N2 life, so I suppose your girl is in the same level as my girl, my girl was born in 2009.
There are 2 classes, one Daisy and one sunflower I think, what is the name of your girl's teachers? My girl is under Shi Laoshi and another Malay teacher who i forgotten her name as these 2 teachers only took over the N1 class (now N2) last week.
I'll ask my girl whether she knows your girl
happy.gif

Hi Musicbox,
Ohh.. That's great
happy.gif
My girl is also born in 2009.
I didn't know there are 2 classes. So far every morning, my girl needs to find a chinese lady teacher who wear specs, in order to stop crying. Think everyone call her Su Laoshi, or maybe is Shi Laoshi
happy.gif
Can't hear properly cos my girl cried louder :> What is your girl name?

Ha Ling76,
Yesterday I asked my girl is there a new gal called clara and she said yes. She said your girl cries every time when eating breakfast. They are probably in the same class. Ya should be Shi 史老师 she wears a black specs, short hair.
My girl is chloe, you can see her pictures in the ichild website, where the teachers post the children photos.
Don't worry, your girl will adapt to the school soon, last time my girl also like tat, most importantly is there's a teacher they like to attach to, it'll help them to accept the school environment faster.

Hi Musicbox,
Haha.. Yes, I hope she can get use to the school soon
happy.gif

I have not heard about ichild from the school. Do I need to request or will the school give us the user id and password?
We thought of cooking fried fishballs for the kids, but lazy to mop the floor early in the morning since need to rush to work. So in the end bought some yanyan biscuits instead. Hope they all have fun exchanging their gifts today
happy.gif

Hi Ling76,
Ichild is the website for parents and teachers to post the pictures on the children. The ID and password is your child's birthcert no. You can try log in if cannot you can email the principal to create the account for you. Once you log into the website, you'll be able to see pictures taken on your children on some highlighted lessons.

Hi Musicbox,
Thanks for the info.
And a belated Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Dear All Hougang Mummies,
Wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas.

Hi Musicbox,
Florence said have to wait till end Jan'13 for the ichild account to be created. They are waiting for all new students to start school before asking someone to create the account. Every morning when we bring my girl to school, HB and I will guess which one is Chloe
happy.gif
Have asked my girl does she know who Chloe is? She just smile and keep quiet :/

ha ling76,
My girl knows your girl, probably because she's new and the old students pay more attention on her. Last few weeks my MIL came Singapore and she's the one bringing my girl to school and fetching her home. Wed my MIL back home and I went to fetch my girl, saw your girl's name on the attendance list, she's in N1 carnation per the list, but now they're oriented under N2 class structure to prepare them for the new class and classmates, not sure if your girl is same class as my girl, coz kids tend to say things differently everyday at this stage
happy.gif

My girl should be the tallest in class, you'll spot her soon, but morning too may kids going to school at the same time so probably is hard to see each other, but I know most of her classmates by now as there're pictures posted by the centre every now and then.
Does your girl still cry in the morning?

Hi Musicbox,
There is class name on the attendance list?? Aiyo, must go back home and knock my HB head. Ask him if he know which class since he is the one signing the attendance list, and he said he is not sure :Z Guess we women are still more attentive to details
happy.gif
Thank you for the info.
Is your girl still under N1 carnation? If she is, then I can ask my HB to see which one since he is the one who pick her up
happy.gif

This morning is a blessing, no cry
happy.gif
So happy. All the teachers we passes by comment she is in a good mood today. I think so too. Hope she will continue her good moods every day
happy.gif

Hi Ling76,
Per the attendance list my girl is in N1 Daisy, but their actual class now is per the N2 arrangement where the Daisy and Carnation students are mixed together and split into two. Not too sure what class is she in the N2 coz one day she said Carnation, another day said Sunflower, I also confused, maybe look at next week Jan attendance list will be clearer.

Don't worry, the teachers there are very good, she'll like the school after she made friends with the existing students. Yesterday night I casually asked my girl is Clara still crying in the morning she also said no, I think your girl is getting better and better each day.

Hi Ling76,
Your girl is in the same class as my girl
happy.gif
, in fact, their shoes are put side by side in the pigeon hole! haha!
Is your gal also very tall? I saw a new face today when I bring my girl there after her dental appt, I asked the girl is she Clara and she said yes. She's almost same height as my girl, my girl has always received comments that she's tall, so I think if that girl is Clara your girl is also very tall right? she's quite fair, with hair tied at two sides.

Hi Musicbox,
Oh, you saw my girl
happy.gif

Yes, she is quite tall for her age too
happy.gif
And I always tied her hair at both sides. Haha..
I haven't manage to see your girl yet cos Clara still cried every morning
sad.gif
So didn't manage to ask her anything.
Will ask her tonight whether does she know your girl Chloe now since both of them are in the same class
happy.gif

Hi Musicbox,
Not only are their shoes side by side, even their bags are placed side by side
happy.gif
Saw it this morning when I have to bring her into the class.
Have also asked my daughter whether does she know Chloe. She said yes and her hair is short. Is that correct?
She said another friend, think is called Chander, has short hair. But this morning when she point her out, she has long hair but tied at 2 sides.
sad.gif
Guess she still not that clear on her drscription yet
happy.gif

Hi Ling76,
haha, no my gal is long hair. Your gal just celebrated birthday right? Early this month my gal brought back a party pack and she told me is Clara's birthday. My girl's bd is in March and I was still not decided to celebrate at the school or not.
Do you have fb account? I'll pm you mine and from there u can see my gal's picture
happy.gif

Hi Musicbox,
Haha... Must teach her to know the difference between short hair and tied up long hair
happy.gif

Yes, Clara just celebrated her birthday on the 15th. Have to do it for her cos her brother had celebrated his birthdays during his kindergarten days. Don't want her to ask why she didn't have the celebrations when she looks through the pics ;)

Hi hougang mommies,

do you have any comments about the Cambridge CDC child care at serangoon garden? I am searching for a full day CC for my boy who is 21months now.

thanks a lot in advance for your feedback!

Back