Any gyne to recommend for incompetent cervix?

<font color="ff0000">Congratulations BB Tamago</font>

Hope your baby can be home with you soon. Take care, rest well and do a good confinement.

<font color="0000ff">sylvia</font>
Wow.....you are also going to give birth soon. Time really flies. Last time we were all worried and eventually all make it to the final. And you are into your 37th going 38th week already. Must update after you deliver ok.

Oh just an update my baby Jerrell is 2mths 1wk old now.

Thank you Chloegal, Sylvia and bbrooster!

My water bag broke around 2am on 20 June, and I was admitted to hospital at 6am. My gynae came at 7am plus to remove my cerlage, and I wouldn't say its a pleasant experience. I was put on drip to induce birth at 11am and by 1pm plus I gave birth to my boy naturally with the help of "gas".

My boy is still in hospital now. Hopefully he can progress well and come home early.

Sylvia,
All the best for your C-Sect. You will be holding on to your baby in no time.

<font color="0000ff">BB Tamago</font>
Don't worry your boy will be fine. Eventually which hospital did you go? Did you dilate after cerclage was removed?

So now you express out the milk to bring to the hospital to feed him?

bbrooster,

I went to Mt A eventually, but find that the service was not exactly as good as what others said. The nurses at labour ward are still alright, but not the ones at the maternity ward. Maybe I'm just unlucky that there are too many people giving birth around the same time n that they are short-handed. Overall, I wasn't left with a good impression.

My Gynae told me that I was 2cm dilated after removing my cerclage. I guess it's the dilation that caused my water bag to break.

Yes, I do express out my milk for my boy, and hubby has become the milkman, bringing the milk to hospital.

Dear ladies, thank you for keeping tab...
Like all of you, I have finally graduated.
Given birth to my baby boy at 38 weeks via C-section on 2 Jul.
All is fine and I'm back at home. The happiness cannot be described...
happy.gif

sylvia congrates on your newborn and rest well during your confinement.

It seem all the mummy here have already cross the big hurdles and is carrying our bundle of joy at home and welcome the sleepless nite....

Hooray! You've made it! Congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy. What is his name and how heavy is he? Any pics?

We started off with so much fear and worries counting down each day. I am happy we all had a happy ending. I am glad I found this thread to lean on.

<font color="0000ff">Summary :</font>
Curl - boy born March 08
bam2 - boy born 3rd April 08
bbrooster - boy born 19 April 08
chloegal - girl born 27 May 08
BBTamago - boy born 20 June 08
Sylvia - boy born 2 Jul 08

Now we all will be busy with our little ones. Hope we get a chance to meet one day.
Thanks for the support mummies!
happy.gif

Getting emotional.
kao_cry.gif

Thanks Chloegal... sleepless nights indeed!

Hi bbrooster, my baby is 2.8kg at birth. His name is Jing4 Lun2...
Sure got chance for a meet up in the near future...

1542608.jpg

Thanks for sharing your picture.

Jing Lun is so adorable and so so precious. I am so happy for you.

CONGRATS Sylvia!!!

Yeah! All of us have graduated!!!

I guess going forward we will be discussing on baby care and seeking advice from some of the experienced mummies here.

Let's try to meet up someday....

By the way, my son finally came home last Sunday, and seems to be doing fine.

1545313.jpg

hi bbrooster, from curl to me, it has been a long wait for all to pass out from this thread. Perhaps we can start another happy thread to maek the start of a new chapter of our life. I am very grateful to all ladies especially to one very special lady. She is Java (cosmicstar).I think you all know her. She has gone out of her way to show me support and encouragement thru out. Thank you Java, i am sincerely appreciative.

Curl, BBrooster, Chloegal, BBtamago, Bam2 and Java..A toast to our fruitful labour.

Hi bbrooster,

My son's name is Yi4 Heng1, Rey.

Another 5 more days to go before my confinement is over. Now, I'm getting worried that I can't handle my baby once my confinement lady is gone.

Hi Ladies!!!

I have been away and finally mananged to find the time to log on.

I am happy to see that all the mummy's here have their little bundle of joy in their arms now!! Congratulations everyone!!

It is true, we might have to start another thread to discuss our motherhood now
happy.gif
My little boy is 3 and a half months now and weighing 7.1 kg. Still have the CL with me and will be extending her a couple more months.. heehee.. will be seeing the gynae in a weeks and hopefully TTC for another in 3-4mths

Hope all are well
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">bam2</font>
Wow.... you very hao ming got CL with you all the way. My boy will be 3mths tomorrow. Going for his next jab soon.

halo ladies,

i finally got a chance to come online and write to you all. Being the last one to give birth, i learned that it is not at all easy looking after a newborn. Breastfeeding almost round the clock and attending to bb for various reasons leave us no time to do other things.
How is everyone? My bb just turned 1 month old last sat. BBrooster, how are you coping without your CL now? Your bb is 3 months old already, so fast. How often do you feed him at night? I wonder where we can bring bb to during the weekends. So young, but i havent been out for ages, really wish to enjoy some moment of family outing with bb. Share with me where you have brought your bb ok?

I am coping well now and got use to it by now. I don't bf on demand. I bf on routine 3 hourly.

Jer is 3.5mths now weighing 6.85kg. He is still drinking in the middle of the night at 3.30am and 6+am. Last feed about 11pm.

I always bring Jer to town once a week on weekdays on my own just to relax. I can die staying at home. On weekends we are normally back to our parents home. Or sometimes we visit friends with kids. Also, we have brought my gal and boy to the airport.

Hi Ladies,

Life have been crazy for me too. After CL left, it's mainly me and domestic helper to handle bb. Very tired with his 2 hours feeding and to make it worse, he refuse to latch on directly, so I have to spend extra time expressing milk. Feeding + expressing, I practically dun get to sleep at night most of the time. Maybe he is too used to bottle feeding during his stay in NICU.

BB is now 8 weeks old (corrected 3 weeks). This Sat is bring him for his 2nd Hep B jab, and I'm looking forward to check out his weight.

Btw, anybody has any good suggestion on increasing milk production? My bb is drinking more than I can produce in a day. My supply is running low liao, made worse by the lack of rest.

Sylvia,
I share your sentiments exactly about being coup up at home for such a long time liao. I also wish to bring BB out for a walk sometimes, but most of my friend told me preferably not to, else to somewhere that is not crowded for fear of contracting any virus or infection etc. I wonder when is it safe to bring BB out without all this worries... after 6 months?

Which part of Singapore are you staying? I have thought of some shopping centres that are not so crowded that you may want to try going, like Thomson Plaza or Square 2 at Novena. Maybe a walk in the park is a good break for you too?

bbrooster
It's amazing that you can feed your BB on routine, rather than on demand. My BB crys non stop when he is hungry, so there is no way that I can try feeding him other than his 2 hours demand. Do you have any special tricks that you can impart to sylvia and myself?

halo BB Tamago! Happy to hear that your bb is doing fine and eating well. Yah, our bbs are demanding and night time can be very trying for all of us. I comfort myself by saying.. isnt this what we have been working hard for? Got a question though. It seems difficult to breastfeed during the evening. What i mean is, my bb seems to be very short tempered and spit out my nipple every 3-5 min of feeding.Then he will start crying as if i he is denied of milk. I will then latch him back but the same thing will happen a few times. I wonder what is the problem, anyone encounter this in your breastfeeding endeavour?

<font color="0000ff">BBTamago</font>
Oh...I went through exactly what you are experiencing now. I fed on routine every 2 hours from the day he came home. Every 2 hrs he would cry for milk and most of my time is spent on feeding, expressing, washing and sterilising. I have to admit it was really really tough. Not enough sleep make me impatient and quick-tempered.

My CL increase the quantity to 90ml at 1mth. I use her method increase the quantity and slowly stretched the hours to 3 hrs. I remembered at end of one month he was drinking 90ml and slowly I increase 10ml each time. How much is your bb drinking now? I have not increase for quite sometime now since I see he's satisfied with 125ml 3hrly. I will have to increase soon. I am lazy to go and dig out the bigger bottles. He's coming 4mths next week and the last check-up at 3.5mths he was 6.69kg 75 percentile.

<font color="0000ff">Milk supply</font>
I was taking milk supplement and it did help increase my milk flow. But always have engorgement when I took it. Just start off with one a day first.

<font color="0000ff">Outing</font>
I am someone who cannot stay at home. At 2.5mths I already brought bb out on my own with my ice pack, cooler bag and pump. I don't mind the trouble I just need to get out. Taka, Tangs are my favourite place cos they have nursery. Tangs nursery is the best cos it's not crowded and cozy. Both my kids go out at 2mths+. Oh but the first time I brought Jerrell out was to Vivo. They don't have an equipped and comfortable nursery so I just went out for quick 3 hrs. And mostly I go out on weekdays.

You can bring your bb to Botanic Garden or Jacobs Ballas Garden.

Hope my info helps and love to share my experiences with you.

Sign jerrell up for baby swimming last weekend. So now once a week on weekdays I will have to bring him for his swim cos it's least crowded on weekdays. He enjoy so much in the water. I wish I started him earlier cos I saw bb as young as 6 weeks swimming. By 5-6mths they will not enjoy and tend to cry. That's what the ladies there told me.

1641830.jpg
1641831.jpg

<font color="0000ff">BBTamago</font>
Oh oh sorry....must have sounded confusing to you. I did not latch on therefore I could control his timing and quantity. I expressed out all my milk from the start. Reason being :

- he did not latched well. always fall asleep on my nipple after 5-10mins. and wake up almost immediately for milk again making me totally drained.

- supply wasn't enough initially so by pumping out I could see how much he drink and if not enough I supplement with FM till milk supply is established.

- I feel more comfortable to see the quantity he drink.

He's on 2 feed FM at night.

His weight was 3mths 1wk 6.69kg, 3mths 2wks 6.85kg.

Hi Ladies,

I managed to check out Rey's weight last Sat, and he was weighing 4.04kg. Comparing to his weight of 2.02kg when he first came home from hospital, I'm so glad that he is growing well.

Sylvia,
I do have the same problem that you mentioned. My son can be drinking fine initially, and halfway thru he will start crying even though the bottle teat is still in his mouth. I think it could be due to wind in his stomach, whereby he is hungry but stomach is unable to contain the milk. For this, I try burping him first, then continue feeding, and this goes on till he is comfortable to drink normally.

bbrooster,
OMG, Jerrell looks so cute and happy swimming in the pool!!! Makes me wanna bring my Rey for a try too, however Rey seems to be afraid of water, and cries most of his bath time. Dun know if Rey will enjoy the swim. Is Jerrell afraid of water while bathing? I guess not since he looks like he is enjoying himself in the pictures.

My son has got very erratic drinking patterns. Generally he drinks small amounts during the day (btw 50 to 90ml) and turns into a milk shark at night (btw 110 to 180ml), always asking for more milk after his 90ml feed. These few nights I have been trying to restrict his night feeds amount to 150ml max as I'm afraid that he is overfeeding and his stomach may not be able to take it. Do you think it is alright to feed according to his qty demand or should I continue to restrict his intake?

BBrooster, Jerrell is v v v cute!! Big eyes and rosy cheeks. It is amazing bb so young love swimming!!! my bb quite scared even to bathe..wonder how when comes to big pool.
my bb coming to two months, too early to go swimming right?
The float is a special type right? can i get from kiddy palace?

I have ask my PD how much I should feed Jer. PD said feed him till he's satisfied. Maybe you can check with your PD.

Actually, I realised Jer can drink more than the 120ml I gave him although he did not cry for more. I have increase his quantity to 150ml. But Jer is 4mths old. BB Rey is definitely drinking alot.

Baby swim in our tummy for 10mths. So they are quite familiar with water. You can bring your bb to this place. I saw bb swimming at 6 weeks. The float is a special type that goes round the neck. Not selling at Kiddy Palace. But they do sell at the shop at S$30. I think not worth to buy. Not sure when they get older they like the float to be around the neck or not.

http://www.babyswimming.com.sg/

Not advisable to go swimming pool now cos of the chlorine. My gal started swimming at the pool at 6mths last time.

halo BBrooster, thanks for the recommendation.
I went to the outlet at Punggol Plaza.My bb enjoyed thoroughly and we were elated seeing him swimming so freely in the water. It was such an eye opener. I bought both the float and the tub, going to let him swim once a week for the next one month. After which probably gotta buy new float already.

Any other baby activities please share. Thank you BBrooster!!

wow weee.....glad that your baby enjoy so much. Post pics for us to see. You really bought the big tub? How much did you pay for it?

Hi to all the brave mummies,

Did all of you go through complete bedrest after cerclage is performed, to eventually carry the baby to term? Did anyone still continue to work?

Appreciate your kind advice. Thanks.

BBrooster, i took video,no pic.I am pc dumb, dunno how to attach, last pic was done by my hubby. I bought the plastic tub + float + 1 trial at $128. But waste alot of water!! So will only do it once a week.. and u are right, float will not fit in time to come.

xb07, i am pleased to share with you all ladies from this thread have successfully given birth to healthy babies, earliest at 34wks, latest at 40wks! Myself at 38wks via c-sect. Cerclage inserted at 12wks and I quit my job at 18wks. My gynae said i can carry on working and was v confident nothing will happen despite i am doing sales. Just make sure dont stand for too long or carry heavy things. But myself, as well as alot of other ladies here advocate resting at home. No need bed rest. Rest as in keeping yourself free from stress and having to move around. Because i lost my last bb at wk 23, i decided not to wait till then. It is discretionary lah. Check with your gynae.

You just had your cerclage done? At how many weeks now? Care to share your experience if any?
We are all glad to offer any advice and share previous experience. We have been giving one another support from day 1 preggy.

xb07
I am one of those that carry on with my work and at the same time looking after my 2 kids with the help of my mum after having my cerclage done. I went throught 1 emergency cerclage and 2 early cerclage. No need bedrest for normal cerclage.

bbrooster n Sylvia,
After seeing the success of your babies swimming, I asked my hubby to wake up early this morning to bring my Rey for a swim. Rey was quite 'stoned' initially, but after warming up, he really enjoyed his swim. Thanks bbrooster for the recommendation.

Ladies, btw I went for my post-natal check up last sat. My gynae said that my womb has not shrunk back to size and may have to take more time, although the avg time is 6 wks. Any of you encountered the same?

xb07
I had my cerclage at 12 wks, supposed to be able to continue working, but was spotting and having contractions, so gynae had me put on home rest. I kept having contractions thru the pregnancy and was popping ventolin like sweets. However, still managed to last till 34 weeks then give birth. I guess it depends on individual's condition to determine whether bed rest is required. If your gynae thinks it's alright for you to continue working, then it shouldn't be a problem, just have to be extra careful and go to your gynae if you sense anything wrong.

<font color="0000ff">chloegal</font>
Long time didn't hear from you. How's everything?

<font color="0000ff">xb07</font>
I put my cerclage at 12.5 wks. I was given MC from there on. I was on bedrest cos I was spotting whenever I walked. So much bedrest that when it was time to deliver bb refused to come out. My boy was delivered at 40wks.

I think not so fast so don't worry. At 6 wks when I visited my gynae he did not scan to see if my womb has gone back to size. He only do papsmear for me. When I requested to do an ultrasound scan to check my womb my gynae told me not so fast. He told me takes about 3mths. I scheduled another appointment at 3mths to check the womb size and see if there was any abnormal growth. And glad that everything was normal.

<font color="0000ff">Baby Swimming</font>
Which branch did you go BB Tamago? They open a new branch in Plaza Sin. Last week they sent me an SMS to participate in the Baby Swimming Contest for 4-6mths babies but I was too lazy to go Habourfront.

Hi all the brave mummies,

it has been so encouraging to read all the sharing. I am glad to have found a support group in here. I have not done my cerclage yet as I am only 6 weeks pregnant now. Gynae has already told me to be prepared for bedrest from 22-32 weeks.
I am only a few months into my new job and I am worried I wouldn't be able to keep my job when I go on bedrest and then maternity leave.
Anyhow, are there any side effects that you mummies have experienced after the cerclage?

Thanks.

bbrooster
Everything is fine but very busy as my maternity leave is over and have went back to work. Just bring my ger for her third mth jab today and have told doctor that she has not poo for a week but no medication is given to her. The doctor just ask me to give her glucose water. Think will observe for another 2 days and if still the same will bring her to the doctor again.

xb07
Did your gynae tell you when she is going to put in the cerclage for you? But why bedrest if an early cerclage is done? Who is your gynae?
I do not have any side effect after the cerclage and i work as normal but mininse squatting and avoid heavy load. Was on antibodies every mth to prevent any infection as infection will cause waterbag to burst and cervix to dilate. Just consult your gynae to see if you are still fit to work after cerclage. if everything is good think still can work as per normal. Take Care and jia you....

BB Tamago
I was diagnoise with fibro when i went for my check-up but nothing need to be done as it is only 2.6cm.

<font color="0000ff">chloegal</font>
There was once my boy didn't poo for a week too. PD was not worried and Jer was on BM. He also didn't show sign that he was constipating and pushing. PD said it was alright unless he showed that he was pushing hard then maybe have to give medication to help him. Is your gal on FM now? BTW, wat's her name?

<font color="0000ff">xb07</font>
I don't remember any side effects. But I was very scared whenever I had to poo especially constipation. So afraid to burst the stitches. I didn't dare to walk like normal. Walked very slowly and took small steps like an old lady.

Hello ladies, nice to see so much sharing again! ( not that it is nice to know another ic casualty ).

BBrooster, wow Jer has become the pioneer in swimming. Do you intend to continue and for how long?

xb07, happy for you. How did you know you need cerclage? Me too, after cerclage at wk12, no side effects, no infection, no contraction except for braxton hicks which started at wk18. Was down with urinary tract infection at wk17 though..but had nothing to do with the stitches. Putting aside the paranoia and fear, i guess the 26wks that followed were pretty uneventful. Reading the rest of the ladies account, i am certain you will be another success after cerclage. What i did was closed to what your gynae suggested. I stopped working at wk 17, because my gynae refused to give me mc. And she was not forthcoming even when i requested for a letter to support my application for unpaid leave. She questioned my intent and claimed there was no need to stay at home. Still if you dont feel secured and want to give your utmost to ensure success, it is worth every while to quit your job or take long leave until you carry your bb in your arms. I was like you, at the cross road whether to continue working or give it up. Now when i look at my bb, i know i made the right choice. A job, no matter how sedentry will give you stress, and the travelling?

Share with us your thoughts ok?

Hi,

thanks for the sharing. At least now I have a better idea of what to expect after cerclage is performed. My first child came early and my gynae suspected that I may have incompetent cervix. This time round (2nd pregnancy), he did a check for me and true enough, my cervix has already opened, so he has prepared me mentally for suture somewhere around 16weeks. He will further confirm when I return for the next visit at my 9th week.

bbrooster
My ger name is cheryl and she finally poo.... She was on BM too.

xb07
How early is your first child and how old is your child now? My boy also come very early at 25 gestation and is now 3yrs plus.

Oops....you mean your cervix have already dilated??? How many cm? Must really take care then.

xb07, sorry to ask the same question.. How early did you give birth to your first bb? If you really had i/c, it seems a little late to sew the suture at wk 16. Would suggest you sew it earlier if you are set on sewing. We all had ours at wk 12. By wk 16 you will be quite big already so greater risk to do it then.

Is it ok for you to share with us who your gynae is?

hi everyone,

thanks cholegal for recommending me to this thread.

chole
yes the gynae at NUH ask me to take this test call HSG where there will pump in some coloured liquid to the cervix and if the liquid flow back then means your cervix is weak

hi ladies,

Have been reading all your previous post just out of curiosity, most of you all have baby boy . did you all planned or have any special diet or use the chinese calender? Care to share?

I have one more swimming session and not sure want to sign up again or not. But Jer really enjoy himself in the water. Now at home he treat his tub like a swimming pool. Kick so hard and make me all wet all the time.

<font color="0000ff">Ling Ling</font>
wow now so advance got this kind of test. How come my gynae didn't suggest me to take this test in 2007? So you still don't know whether you have incompetent cervix till you do the test. I hope you don't have this problem.

Actually I realise those who conceive in year 2007 mostly have boys. No special diet or calculations for me.

Are you hoping for a boy or girl? Is this your first baby?

hi bbrooster,

My first baby is a gal born at 32 weeks . I was seeing a private gynae then so when i got preterm birth , i asked him what is the reason , he say got alot of circumstances so cant say .
After that i got cyst in my womb and found out that i was pregnant , so was recommended to NUH women clinic , but when i go for detail scan at week 23 on friday everything was fine and the gender of the baby was a boy. But after that on Sunday, i felt contraction so i call the women clinic but the clinic is close and the nurse asked me to go to A&amp;E. But i scare of the waiting time so when to a GP at bukit timah , the doc told me that i got gastric infection coz there is trace of blood in my urine so give me some antibotics, but after i went home the contraction is getting worse and spotting so i went to the A&amp;E in NUH, the nurse there is slow and maybe there is alot of patient , i was not attended immediately. After abt 15 mins, the gynae say that she can feel the waterbag, so she say the baby cannot be save need to manual abortion, before she took the equipment , the baby come out with the water bag.
Was very angry with the GP coz he never check properly when he scan my baby , he just say ok still got heartbeat.

Hi Chloegal, Sylvia,

my elder daughter is turning two in Oct. She was borned at 36th week.

My gynae will have to do a more detailed check for me on my next visit before deciding on the date of the suture. I read that most of you had the cerclage done at the 12th week. I will check with my gynae. My gynae is in his 50s, operating in TMC...

<font color="0000ff">Ling Ling</font>
Oh dear, very traumatic. How are you now? I am sorry to hear about your loss. Did all this happen not long ago?

It's possible you had incompetent cervix and the waterbag has push down and through the cervix. For me I had spotting from the day I was pregnant which is pretty normal during 1st tri. But when I told my gynae I was still spotting starting of 2nd tri he felt it was not right. After my cerclage I went to A &amp; E twice and was admitted for observation once.

If not for the advice of the ladies here I wouldn't know what to do. chloegal and the rest keep reminding never take the chance anything call the gynae straight away.

hi

chloegal

check with you , you are taking TPS with Dr Han right? Did he do scan for you at every visits? How about the neo-natal scan for the bb to test for DS? which ward did you stay in and the package you take coz i am thinking of switching gynae.

bbrooster

It happen in year 2006 Sep . I think that it all depends on the gynae whether they are professional enough to check us in detail and maybe fate .

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for not writing for so long. I have started work this week n is very busy and tired.

bbrooster, for baby swimming, I go to the Ponggol branch, mainly on Sat or Sun early morning before the shop becomes crowded. Which outlet do you go to?

Ling, I (like bbrooster) also didn't know there is such a test. In fact, I was told by my previous gynae that I do not have ic during my post-natal checkup after my 24wk miscarriage in 2006. It is only my current gynae that suspect I have ic based on my recount of my miscarriage incident. If only we could have assess to this test earlier, then maybe we can try to avoid our miscarriage due to ic.

I also did not do anything to have a boy. In fact this pregnancy was unplanned and came as a surprise.

Back