Any good gynae to recommend in Kovan/Hougang/senkgang?

dear all,

i have been ttc-ing for 8 mths and after reading this thread, i tinking to see Dr Phua Soo Mear.

Anyone able to advise/share their experience with him especially those having the same concerns with me?

would really appreciate your help!

hi fantasy
i have seen dr phua's clinic but have not gone to him before. i have been trying for 3 yrs now and going to my 4th yr of marriage. relax and take it easy...
do see dr phua and maybe see what he suggest...

Hi Krex78,

I understand that Dr Watt is still in compass pt clinic but you have to check with her nurse of her schedule cos she only will be in compass pt clinic for certain days.. You can call this nbr 6881 3604 to check.

Dr Poon King Fu / Dr Phua Soo Mear/ Dr Adrian

Hi ladies..

need some advise. which of the above gyne which u choose base on what u have known abt them online..

I hve narrow dwn to these 3 gyn base on cost, convenience and experience.

Thks!

Hi krex78, hope I am not too late to reply u. Yes I am Dr Watt's patient. I have delivered 2 babies in Raffle. If I am not wrong , Dr Watt can also deliver in mt A and east shore. It is advisable you check with her directly just in case there are some changes.

Hi Bitrix and all mothers who are/was with Dr Watt Wing Fong,

I have seen generally good comments of her. May I know your delivery with her is in Raffles or which hospital? and how much is her charges? And is it natural or c-sec?

I am also currently seeing her, I find her a serious doctor but I also notice not many reviews on her. Please feel free to elaborate on your good/bad experiece with her.

By the way, how is the experience of giving birth in raffles, good?

Thanks!

Hi Coach1, I delivered my 1st baby via natural birth with Dr Watt (she's pretty pro-natural) in Raffes in Feb 2010 and I'm currently seeing her for my 2nd pregnancy.

I like the fact that I can email Dr Watt whenever I have any doubts and she replies me.

Her package of $1,200 starts from week 12 includes ultrasound & monthly consultation until 32 weeks. 2 weekly consultation until 36 weeks. Weekly consultation from 36 weeks. CTG checks, med & vitamins, urine swipe tests and 1 post-natal visit.

For my stay in RH, I paid:
$3,409.80 - Hospital stay plus delivery (excludes $2,600 from Medisave) for 2 nights stay in 1 Bedded, Assisted Delivery (Forceps) with Epidural.
$425.31 - Newborn Nursery care for 2 nights (excludes $420 from Medisave).

The RH experience was GOOD! I had 2 wonderful midwives who assisted Dr Watt, they were so nice and encouraging. The place is quiet. Not crowded like TMC etc.

Will be going back RH again for my 2nd birthday in end Oct/early Nov.
happy.gif

Hi jmi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am really glad to hear good comments of dr watt. I'm due 10 nov so I guess our edd is quite close.
I notice you mentioned you are able to claim 2600 frommedisave. I saw in some forums only 1650 can be claim, err.. Do you know why?

HI mommies

I was with Dr Poon when i was at 23weeks (before that was with a female gynae at TMC but due to charges too high n no chemistry with the gynae hence decided to change).. he is very nice, gentle n ready to ans all ur queries.. what i like most of him is that whenever u do any lab test, he will ask his nurse to ring u n he will tok to u personally (even though the result was nth).. very down to earth gynae. n i did an emergency c-sec (due to bb's breach position) n water bag broke already.. and e stitches he did was very gd.

i went to polyclinic for some other treatments n i asked the doctor to help me see if my stitches were recovering well (1mth aft delivery), the doctor said the stitches are very beautifully done.. n best is no nid to remove stitch. it will melt by itself. now im gg to 3mths aft delivery, the stitches are okie already.

i will go back to Dr Poon for my #2 despite his charges are slightly higher compare to Dr Adrian. the waiting time at the clinic is quite reasonable. normally i will go in n show face first den go for dinner. the staffs are oso very friendly..

Hi everyone! Thanks to this thread and a few others, I found a dream gynae in Dr Poon King Fu. He's really caring and will always call back personally (even if the nurses have already reassured me based on his sms-reply, esp when he's out delivering bb), and takes time to explain procedures or answer the super many questions from a first-time mum. The staff are all very cute and nice too, very gentle and caring! I love going to his little clinic in Lor Ah Soo
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Anyone can share her experience with Dr Phua? Is he pro-natural delivery? What are his charges per consultation/package? Did he deliver in East Shore hospital?
Thanks in advance

Hi mtb..I have a 14mths Bb n just tested +ve on last fri with the clearblue digital with there stated how many weeks I am..there put 3+ which means I am 5+wks pregnant!When is the best weeks for me to see a gynae?Have yet book a gynae!My ist gynae is Dr Chen chern Yi at punggol..not decided to go back to her as her charges is too high!Any recommendation of a good gynae who is ard punggol,sengkang or hougang?Initially thot of Dr Adrian woodsworth but heard that his waiting time is v long n he is those chop chop that kind..so is not my type of gynae
happy.gif
Thanks!

My 1st one was delivered at Mt A by Dr Phua. He is pro natural. His rate is so far the lowest i think. I should say he is very professional and personal. He will always open the door to call his patient in when it is your turn. Unlike the rest, it is always the nurse who call you in. Somehow my hb just like him. Stitching wise I can't comment as mine is natural birth so i can't see the stitch.

enivi (enivi)
Can you pm me the cost for Dr Phua? I plan to go for C-Sec and would like to change my previous gynae as well. Hope to hear from you real soon.

Hello, can I have the contact number and address of dr Phua? If I consult him, I can only go to Mt A? Can I go to KKH?

Dr Phua contact is at the very first few post on this thread. Scroll up to see.

He indeed is a very nice Doctor. Really affordable price. Cheap and good.

Can choose Mt.A or Tmc only.

Mt.A is good... Two thumbs up
happy.gif

C-sect cost is $1650
V.birth is $1200

Dear all trying to get conceive or to-be-mummy,

Those remarks of this dr Selina Chua are indeed true!! Its up to you whether to believe or not.. I do not like to bad-mouth anyone but its up to you whether u can accept this type of service or consultation from a experienced dr.

To cut story short. Visited this dr for tying to get conceive and waited from 11am to 2pm then manage to see her. Told her that i had been to NUH to take those tests etc (but the NUH doc didnt say anything) hence we r seeing a chinese physician now (for 5 mths). Our Chinese physician advise me to take a blood test and he did explain to me on my result. So I decided to see a western doc for treatment but still going for tcm too.. for faster results.

Finally my turn and went in, she went thru what are the steps we can do..eg. step 1 - check my hormones, step 2-my hb sperm analysis, step 3.. step 4..etc

Now, after talking all these.. she ask me "What do you want to do?".. of course my ans will be to get pregnant!.. She said "of course your final objective is to get pregnant".. then ask me back again what I want to do.. This is ridiculous! If I know what measure/medicine/test to take, I wouldnt go to see a gynae!! Then she say I am not sure what I want.. OMG! This dr is simply wasting of my time!! And she somemore advise me to go see another dr (her affiliate) for advise. End up paying $100 for her nonsense 'advise'! Also, she said no point i go around changing doc best to stick to 1 doc.. in my heart, I was thinking, how to stick to one doc when u met such doc..what a bad luck!

if you are trying to look for gynaecologists in the different locations in Singapore, you can try on doctorpage.sg. You can even book direct to the gynaecologist whom you prefer. I find the site really informative.

Back