Any Good gynae in the west side.

city

Hi , mummies is there any good recommendation for a gynae in the west side.Wanna let my wife have more rest time....

try gleneagles, there are a lot of good dr there. Dr John Yam in Gleneagles and he has a clinic at jurong point as well. very gd dr.

My gynae is Dr Kek Lee Phin. She is based at Mt E and delivers at Mt E only but she has a weekly wed morning clinic at Bt Batok central. Two thumbs up for her. Highly skilled and very motherly and patient. I know I can trust any emerencies in her hands. She enabled me to have a VBAC. Calming effect every time I see her :)

Dr Douglas Ong... there is also a thread about him. Very good gynae. Now i am expecting no 2 still using him. Many of my friends and collegaues are with him.

patient, careful and caring

Very bad experience with the nurses and gynae at bt batok central. Do not go there. Sky high charges too.

The nurses aren't fantastic :) but its hard to find really good nurses too. Other than that, I'd still give my gynae, Dr Kek many thumbs up cos she's very attentive to me during both my pregnancies. When I had a long bout of viral infection last Dec, she kept in touch with me, adviced me what to do and called me personally, even on a sunday.

I second Doctor John Yam from Gleneagles.. he's at the Acumed clinic at Boon Lay MRT on certain daes. A veri nice n relli patient n approachable gynae.. very caring n am realli comfortable with him. Recommended to my other preggie gfs too.. they said he's good n stick to him as well.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I will be going back to him once i've my Dragon bb :p

Hi is Dr John Yam fierce? Do you all have his contacts? Can I know how much did it cost you per visit?

Winny > Dr John Yam is not fierce la.. But I find him a chop chop gynae. Appts with him is short..

First visit ard $100 - $150 ba.. scan + consulation + vits/med. subsequent visits should be slightly cheaper.

maybe if you want, you could try Dr Adrian B at CCK. his clinic is at the DBS bank blk next to the bus interchange. His package is cheap but is a very chop chop gynae.. so far so good lah.. a lot of preggies go to him...

I've visited Dr John today too. First visit and was a recommendation of my family doc. Very comforting and humorous doctor! Will stick to him too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello,

My gynae is Dr. John Yam from Gleneagles. I usually visit him at the Acufem clinic at Boon Lay MRT. I find him a very caring and patience doctor whom will take time to answer your queries. I have recently delivered by caesearan and Dr Yam came and visit me daily in the hospital to monitor my wound. After i was discharge from hospital, he still follow up on my wound weekly. Thumbs up for him.

Hello,

Does anyone has Dr John Yam's email? I am currently based in America, and would be returning to Spore soon thus would be getting Dr John as my gynae after reading many good reviews about him. I need to ask him some questions concerning my prenatal screening program in the States...

Dr John Yam from Acumed / Acufem at JP or BL MRT may have good reviews as a gynae but I won't recommend him in terms of character. Going more for gains. Seen him as a GP. Avoid their clinic in Taman Jurong as well. If anything gets ugly, you may get insulted or hear many "lawyers" this and that. Won't say more. Believe or not, up to you guys

Hi yuannfen,

I believe there must be some miscommunication or ?? From wat I understand, dr John yam is not a GP. His patients are mainly pregnant ladies n u need to make appointment to see him. Those who went acumed to see GP are served by other doc.

In fact he is very nice to us as he always offer various options for us to save money n unnecessary cost.

Hi coco,

AcuMed was previously known as Yam Medical Group & Grand Central Medical Group. I got his name when I visited the clinic. With the location and name, I do not think there is a mistake. Another Yam member tagged this issue with more personal insults.

I had patronized them for years before this incident. Like said, I was sharing my experience and I did not deny his skills. Being fair enough, I also mentioned it was a GP visit.

Perhaps, he is used to earning more with the mothers and therefore critical with GP patients. I don't wish to make any excuse for him.

You may ignore my review, but do not doubt me. Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently seeing Dr John and i have problem fixing appointments with him. he will alsways ask me to wait for the nurse to call and the nurse only call when 2-3 days before the actual appointment... anyone facing the same issues?

Hi yenne,

Yup , the nurse fan usually call to confirm the appointment 2 days before. Dr John Yam will usually inform me during the routine checkup when he will see me for next appt. from there u will know when is yr next checkup liao.

Back