Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

honeyhaven,

Re: Teats & Bottles
For me, I oso only prepared 2 avent (6Oz) bottles & teats (0mth+), but as I told you, my boy had difficulties to suckle (cos used to NUK teats that hospital used). So end up, I bought another NUK bottle & teats.
Don't worry, bb are very smart, they can adapt it very fast one. Avent teat & bottle are still better for newborn.

Puea,
Initially, i also give my boy NUK teats.. buy so many.. end up he don't like later on. Now i am still giving him latex pigeon teat. Wonder when he want to use the silicon teat. Hiazz.. latex teat got a smell one.. don't know why he like so much.. give him the silicon teat to suck, he can make noise when he not able to suck out milk. Hiazz.. What you all use to poke the teat to make the hole bigger? Needle?

Currently both my sons teat are bigger...cos we cut the opening bigger. If not, 1) take forever to suck 2) too slow the flow
So far no issues

Serene,

I go to his Sengkang clinic. Think that day is saturday, many MTB seeing him, but find everyone superfast in and out. U take up his package too?

Hi Puea,
I will think abt yr advice. Still thinking what else do I have to buy.
happy.gif

westin,

I find him to be fast too, so although I took up his package , I switched back to my previous gynae.

never regret my choice. I find that I can talk more with my previous gynae and do not feel so rushed.

Hi MH,

May I know who's ur previous gynae? I choose Dr Adrian cos he has a clinic in Sengkang which is near my house. I visited him 1st time, kind of chop chop, scan, he speaks very fast,and if no question, then follow up with him on next appt.

Hi Serene,

Thanks. Don't mind if i ask, I'm in my 7weeks now. How's the follow-up interval for Dr Adrian and what are the advice and tests he will do along the way. I still considering if i takes up his package then. Will be seeing him this week.

Hi Puea & Jo,
Which brand of nappies are great for new born?? I heard Drypers for the day and Pampers for the nite?? They have many types?? Which type to select??

DS,

Maybe you got to cut the hole bigger.
My boy oso like tat. Initially I "strictly" followed the Avent teats 0+mth, 3+mths.... no use one!
At the end, my mum realised tat my boy drank very slow & suck out the milk very hard until his lips were red red liao. :p
Then we decided to cut the hole bigger, & then he sucks happily...
happy.gif

If you continue to use latex teats, then you got to change it every month, or more frequent lor.
Cos once the latex teats been sterilised, it will become more & more "sticky"....

honeyhaven,

I used Pampers & Mammy Poko newborn when my boy just borned. Mammy Poko & Pampers newborn diapers are really soft for the newborn bbs.
Then subsequently I using Mammy Poko, Nepia, & Drypers too.

I still prefer Mammy Poko & Nepia.
For Drypers, I dunno why after my boy used it, there is alot of "absorbent gel" around his butt... :p & i checked wif my cousin, she said it's like tat ones. I find it very difficult to clean lor. So I gave up on Drypers. Of cos, as compared the prices, Mammy Poke & Nepia are more exp lor.
My boy uses Nepia at day, Mammy Poko at nite.
So far so good. No rashes *touchwood*...
happy.gif

Puea,
Yes, use latex teat got to keep changing every mth.. then got the smell also.. i don't like leh, my boy like don't mind like that.. hiazz..

Honeyheaven,
My boy use petpet, so far so good.

honeyhaven..

my son tried all kinds of brand since he was born.. at the end.. i stick to huggies.. huggies for newborn n huggies dc after tat.. price not too exp.

dryers i dun find it good cos of the fastening.. its hard to tear off on newborns.. still prefer velcro type..

imptly ur bb must b comfortable in it.. n affordable to u

DS,

Then you got to change it more frequent liao.
Maybe you try to feed your boy using 2 types of teats alternately, until he used to the other teat too. Try to "confuse" him lor... hee hee hee...

honeyhaven..

if u using huggies.. JW 500+ medical hall selling quite cheap. i bought XL 54 huggies dc at $16 per pkt.. everytime i buy will buy in bulk .. 12pkts at one go.. can use a long time n dun hv to think abt buying pampers all day long. at times, carrefour oso hv sales.. the cheapest i bought so far was at $15.50 per pkt.. now hardly see got such price oredi..

Hi Jo,
Huggies will state on the wrapper for newborn or I have to look for the smallest size?? At nite and day also use huggies is it?? What is huggies dc?? hehehe. I so mountain tortise.

honeyhaven..

i cant rem whether they state newborn or size S. even thou they will state there like say for how many kg to how many kg for size S.. but i never look at the weight.. its the size n comfort that matters to the bb. too tight on them they wont feel good.. u wont b happy too when u see redness on their skin.. not cos by rashes by too tight.

i use huggies day n nite for my bb. oh.. huggies come in different packaging.. DC means dry comfort (blue / red packaging).. it has velcro fastening.. the other huggies (blue n white).. has got those plastic fastening like drypers.. which is not favourable on most mums i feel..

Hi Jo, Puea, DS
apologise for the MIA.. cos my home computer got problem and change dept.. so cant use Internet.

Me just went for my checkup last night.. my bb weighs abt 3.1kg liao.. Experienced some contraction this morning too.. hope can delivery early, cos dun wan to wait so long liao...

Haha.. i like wat Jo mention.. dun take the epi cos can save $$. Will keep that in mind..
My friend recommend Friso and Dumex so me intend to use Dumex FM for my bb, so Dumex has how many types of FM for newborn? or they onli have one type? And who has the contact for bulk purchase? Can give me?
Me bought pigeon milk bottles for my bb leh, not sure good or not leh... but my friend said good. And i will be using Fitti newborn diapers.

Havent buy breast pump... think got to get it asap liao..
And oso lately me always feel like vomitting. Anyone experienced this during last trimester?

Rocher...

Welcome back!
happy.gif

Dumex has Step 1 which is for newborn till 12mths.
But there are 3 types of Step 1 FM.
My boy taking the pink dolphin type.
Another one less nutrients one, and the other one is for nite time.
I suggest you dun give nite time FM for your newborn bb first. Cos it's not easy to melt in water lor...

Hmm... I thought Dr Adrian's clinic will give you a sample tin of Dumex FM?
I got my 1st tin from his clinic, then he wrote it on my hospital admission letter, tat's why Mt A nurses gave my boy Dumex too.

puea..

u mean Dr Adrian will decide for us wat FM to give to our bb? i dun realli like Dumex le.. think i must rem to tell nurse to give my boy similac

hi westin, my previous gynae is Dr Chua Yang and she is at Bukit Timah. She is a very nice lady and respect all your wishes provided it is safe. She will explain all the options available to you. Every consultation with hers lasts between 20-30 minutes. Although I see Dr Adrain for almost 10 times, each lasting less 10 minutes, I feel that I cannot share my concerns with him, and he says that birthplans are bullshit.

Sorry to sound rude to the pple here, please pm me if u want to know more.

Jo,

Maybe you want to give it to Rocher since she decided to give her bb Dumex?
If not, can i take it? Hiak hiak hiak...
happy.gif

Rocher,
Get from Jo first. Then let your bb try out first after delivery. Cos not every bb suitable for Dumex. It's very depend on individual bb one.
For mine, it's lucky that Dumex is suitable for my boy.
happy.gif

MH,

It's ok lah. The most important is your comfort level with the gynae, ultimately you're the one give birth, not them mah.
happy.gif

Hi Puea,
thanks for the info.. Din know that there are so many types of step 1 FM. Think will get it from Dr Adrian for my next visit.

Hi Jo,
think you 2nd bb will look more or less like ur 1st bb. Btw, you can pass the Dumex to Puea, I can ask from Dr Adrian..

Rocher,

You're welcome.
happy.gif

Jo,

No lah, just kidding.
You sell it in the Marketplace lah, earn some money for your #2.
happy.gif

Sorry I just had these tots that I wanted to ask.

I read thru that Dr Adrian W. staff will bring the recipe and add into our delivery bill so that we can claim from Medisave. If I do not claim from medisave, hence will the amount that I claim from delivery be higher?

Question: is there anyone that request not to have that done?
Because if I am not wrong, my company medical allows me to claim for consultation. So I don't wish to double claim from medisave.

Hi MH,

I'm not comfortable with him too. He didn't mention when is my EDD. But he is near my house. So now wondering want to take up his package or not. Kind of dilemma. Else have to travel to TMC abit far lor.

Hi Jo and Puea,
Pah Sei I need yr advise again. Where can i buy good and cheap nursing bra?? hehehe. I went to look at the price for huggies DC at sheng song. The price is $18+ to 19. Not even close to yr $16. You so lucky to get so cheap. I can't find nepia. Unable to see the price for Mummy poko (newborn) the price they placed too high up. Will try to check out the price at cold storage or ntuc. Thank you for your advice.

icebaby,
medisave claims for prenatal and postnatal are fixed...so even if u don't claim the prenatal one, u also cannot claim more for postnatal....

however, if your company can claim consultation, u need to check if your company has a cap on the claiming coz prenatal fees are so much higher than normal clinic visits.....if there's no cap, then I think it's better for u to claim thru your company...afterall, medisave is still our own money, if u dun claim, the money still in our account....so better to claim company
happy.gif

Rocher,
For the bb milk powder, that time when i visited Dr Adrian, i don't get the small tin of milk powder for bb. But i got 2 small pkt of sample enfamama. So not all patient will get, is not an entitlement for his package (told by the nurse).

Okasan,

Thanks my dear for letting me know.
Since it doesn't make a difference, then I might as well claim from both side. The cash I get from my company can be used to pay for my hospital bill.

My medical+dental+etc allowance per yr is $2500. So I am not worried about the cap. (But need to ask HR is my consultation package can claim under medical. LOL...normally can right?)

hi all...

been MIA for some time again... clearing my maternity leave at home, thus no access to PC...

can i ask when ur start to feed babies cereal? as in add in to their milk?

honeyhaven..

Re : Huggies
for huggies dc.. JW 500+ is the cheapest i can find so far.. its still ex at cold storage n ntuc.. for nepia, if i m not wrong, i saw it at ntuc. u can try it there.

Re : Nursing Bra
I didnt get any nursing bra.. cos i not breastfeeding my boys.

Rocher, Puea, DS

anyone of u wants Dumex.. just let me know. I dun intend to sell it since its given free. Sold one tin recently for my fr whose daughter oredi passed 1 yr old.

I got both the Dumex n Enfamama from Dr Adrian's nurse.

honeyhaven,

For MammyPoko newborn diapers, you may want to try Guardian.
Last time I bought @ $10.50 b4 they increased price.
Only NTUC got Nepia diapers, as far as I know.

Re: Nursing Bra
Hee, actually I found it very redundant to have nursing bras.
I bought 2 but seldom use it.
Cos when doing confinement, I just wear normal bras, & when latching on, i just simply take off the bra & latch my bb on lor.
Anyway, I bought it from Wacoal, not cheap, abt $36+ each, but it's very comfortable.
Maybe you just buy 1 first, and if you think need more, then ask your hb to buy for you during confinement lor.
Cos you won't know whether your BM is in good supply for your bb not.
For my case, I dun have much BM, so the end the nursing bras is useless lor...
sad.gif

cel_cel,

Re: Cereals
I start giving my boy cereals when 4mths old.
Just mix 3 tsps cereals wif FM, and feed him directly.

Rocher,

You check wif Dr Adrian's nurse first, if you can't get the FM, then you can get it from Jo, ok.
happy.gif

Jo,

Will see whether Rocher got hers from Dr Adrian not first. OK.
happy.gif

Hi Jo and Puea,
Thank you will checkout those places.
Will Dr Adrian give u a list of items to pack for our hospital bag?? At that time how u know u r time to go to hospital to give birth?? Yr waterbag broke or Dr Adrian told u that u r ready to give birth???

puea..

ok. see if rocher can get or not.. if no, then i give her mine.

rocher..

u check out first ok.. dun hv, get it from me. dun waste $$ to purposely buy one tin

honeyhaven..

dun think dr adrian will give u a list of items to pack. hee hee.. in fact, during my 1st preg, i onli go hospital with a sweater n nothing else. so happen i deliver in the morning. hb went back to rest in the afternoon when my mum n sis came over. later in the evening hb came with a set of new clothes n some of my necessities. everyday, he just bring to n fro fresh clothings for me. cos to me, its very heavy to bring all at one go to hospital n bring all back at the end of the stay. somemore, i stay at Mt A.. they give the bathtub n bb bag.. got to carry so many tings home.. gifts from frs n relatives somemore.. troublesome.. so keep my bag as lite as possible.

i went thru natural birth.. my waterbag didnt burst. but prior to the contraction.. i get brownish discharge.. like got a bit of blood stain. then the pain start.. very accurate one.. the contraction will go on n off with 5 mins interval.. after that gets shorter interval. till i cant tahan pain.. onli then go straight to hospital.. by then oredi dilate 4cm liao..

Hi DS & Puea,
din know that not everyone can get free tin of FM from Dr. Adrian. Cos my friend told me can ask from him and will surely get. Will get from Jo if I din get.

Hi Jo,
okie, thanks.. will get it from you if I din get from the nurse.

Hi honeyhaven,
I bought nursing bra from OG, the brand is Eternity or Pretty, cant remember which one. But cheap think its $9.90 or $11.90. And sometimes they have storewide 20% so much cheaper..

Hi Jo
When u got blood stain at that time, u will call Dr Adrian or when u reach hospital then the nurse will call him on yr behalf??

Hi rocher,
Will check out at OG. Very good. Quite cheap.

honeyhaven..

that time i got blood stain.. Dr Adrian not my gynae.. i onli go to him for this 2nd preg.. but i rem during my 1st preg.. i go hospital.. the nurse will call my gynae..

Back