any 35 and above trying for their first?

Sigh. I am hoping that I go for the jab or scan during lunch hour. Maybe some days need to take cab to go to the hospital.

wow..that's a lot of time away from work. alrdy for iui, i had to be away from work for 5 full mornings for scans and iui procedure itself n even though my boss seems quite supportive, i felt bad for missing work during that period n i didn't tell my staff (i head a dept at work) cos i don't feel comfy telling them so i dunno what they would think abt my constant absence. i can't imagine gg thru more days away from work if i had to go for ivf. price aside, the absence from work is quite a worry.

wow..that's a lot of time away from work. alrdy for iui, i had to be away from work for 5 full mornings for scans and iui procedure itself n even though my boss seems quite supportive, i felt bad for missing work during that period n i didn't tell my staff (i head a dept at work) cos i don't feel comfy telling them so i dunno what they would think abt my constant absence. i can't imagine gg thru more days away from work if i had to go for ivf. price aside, the absence from work is quite a worry.
Any luck on iui? I'm sure if u tested u wud know by now... Im already on cd 2 of my new cycle

haha i haven't tested, menses late by 2-3 days now n my bbt is still quite high (37 this morning). quite afraid to test actually cos i don't wanna face disappointment if it's negative. my BT is on mon, maybe will test just the day before.

Hi Connie finally it's scheduled ? All tests and stuff are good to go?
Redvel,yes. Good to go for my side except for some challenges at hubby side. Am going for it to try try luck.
Cross fingers,pray hard n hope for the best

Last edited:
haha i haven't tested, menses late by 2-3 days now n my bbt is still quite high (37 this morning). quite afraid to test actually cos i don't wanna face disappointment if it's negative. my BT is on mon, maybe will test just the day before.
Maybi its good news?high bbt is promising as long as it doesnt dip

Jia you Franc. Jus went dr Zuo this afternoon. She is going tour two days later. So if anyone seeing her , pls do not go before 12 dec.

Redvel n Chloe n ocean deep : good to see you ladies :)

Anyone did the CA 125 test? My result is 160. Improvement compared last time is 650.

Jia you Franc. Jus went dr Zuo this afternoon. She is going tour two days later. So if anyone seeing her , pls do not go before 12 dec.

Redvel n Chloe n ocean deep : good to see you ladies :)

Anyone did the CA 125 test? My result is 160. Improvement compared last time is 650.

What is CA 125?

hi ladies.

just my 2 cents worth. I was also seeing tcm, wait long hrs at tcm, take tcm powder or brew tcm which I also bot a brewing pot, chart bbt, use ov test strips , go pray... etc for a few yrs.. my hubby dont like to see tcm so sometimes will skip.. i go myself if he doesnt go... anyway in the end no result.. so I went for an iui with a private doc which failed too.

I read those forum a lot back abt 3 yrs ago and then decided to take the plunge at ivf. just keep waiting is also not an option as my biplogical clock is ticking away and I checked that ivf grant end at age 40 so I dont have a lot of time especially I wanted to have 2 kids. so I went for the first apptm myself. he was not so anxious for a kid. i guess i was quite kan cheong one as I was already quite old. besides for ivf they use the eggs retrived at a certain age. so if u r 35, yr eggs is age is 35. if u r 39, then yr eggs is age 39. after i fix those apptm at kkh and for those that need to involve doc, will get my hubby to go with me, other apptm i go myself since he cant take that much leave.

so I went for ivf and failed the first time. was devasted cry lots abt why my embryo dont stick to me. so what.. I hv to buck up... but I went for ivf (frozen cycle - forgive me for technical term) 2 mths later and got pregnant (thanks to someone too!) and my child is now 2 yrs old.

so I would like to say if tcm does not yield result and u are getting older (cant wait further) then just go for ivf straight, of course need to see doc and they will advise u accordingly. iui is cheaper only abt $1k as ivf can be abt $15k - $20k for govt hosp.

for me iui is not good as my hubby sperm is quite bad so i decided myself to stop wasting ime on iui (based on my research reading online). since ivf got grant, for my ivf i dont need to spend a lot of cash as most will be via medisave. (for my case as we are both singaporeans) but some cash will be spent on the initial doc apptm n some tests such as blood test which total up to a few hundred.

I rem gg to kkh and met the doc and told him my age and I want to gp for ivf straight so pls give me the schedule for my ivf. he also agreed too. my hubby sperm is lousy we have to do icsi (a kind of ivf where they seect the "best looking" sperm).

no need to be scared of needles and such. I was afraid too for my first try and even got my hubby to inject, but afterawhile, injection is just like a simple mundane process. a bit exaggerated but it come easy for me now since im into my 3rd try now for my second child. im going to utilise my ivf grants before I hit 40. the needle is so fine that its no feeling at all when u inject ( just a v v tiny bit of pricking feeling) into my fatty tummy. now I inject myself daily just like drinking a cup of water easy peasy.

I tell myself I want to see result, dont care about the process, convincing myself that's just a phase - i can cross all hurdles - pain needles are all nothing compared to the end result of a baby. back then my life was at a bottomless pit and I felt no purpose in life. why am I even alive back then - I asked myself. even my bosses ask me whats wrong. I dont know what to say. I dread cny gathering too etc. was crying at night why this is happening to me. only we ladies who cant conceive easily will understand this uphill battle.

now everything changes whenever I see my cute 2yo. my hubby being a man sometimes dont understand the feelings of us ladies. i also thankful to have someone who helped me on my baby journey. will share more about this if I bfp this round.

wan to say be brave and go for it. sometimes we just need a little professional help along the way to reach our goal. even if u do ivf it also depend on the age of yr eggs, so I wld say do when u r younger. by 35 I personally think should we should get started cos we are left with 5 years to maximise the 3 grants. not much time left ya? unless u r well to do type and can afford private doc then ok no need govt grant. ivf is also not guaranteed to succeed but at least I can tell myself I hv tried. More tries, more chances.

process is call kkh for an apptm date and go to clinic d. u can choose yr own private doc if u like. the doc will see u and schedule u for some tests or scans (like i did hsg), probably take 1-3 mths and therafter they shall proceed on to schedule u for ivf which may be a few mths later cos there is also a queue for patients waiting for ivf. im aware that u can also go to nuh or sgh for ivf but I myself choose kkhivf.

hope above helps in some way. :) wow what a long post!

no venture no gain !

Last edited:
Yeah nice to see ya sunbelle. I have stopped seeing Dr Zou btw because it's too far for me and not much results after 1/2 year
Nevertheless, treatment outcome is different for every individual.
Today is CD10 for me. Anyone same cycle date as me hehe

Mrstann I love your post. Long or short.

For someone new into ivf, surely lots of questions and uncertainties and some kind of fear (physical or emotional ones). And I agree the motto is just do it. Everyone comes here to share their fears and we all here try to provide each other a spiritual lift as much as we can. My hubby was not with me most of the time during my Ivf hospital visits. That's ok because I know he is there but just not physically.

And your 2yrold is indeed a blessing. Natural or ivf.

Let's just do it, ladies.

I agree with mrstann. Age wait for no one. Is better to start ivf at a young age. I regret starting late.

Dear ladies, I know this question has been asked donkey times. Just wan to know what do you all usually do to prep oneself for IVF... Need to pay attention to what kind of diets, kinds of exercise that can or cannot do.. Etc.

Chubby, ur IVF date is confirmed? My Tcm physician said no strenuous exercise like jogging during 2ww. How's your weight loss so far?

Mrs_tann, thanks for your post! It's encouraging, makes me feel I'm really not alone. Since I started ttc seriously, m/c, failed iui, ivf, it's been a disappointing journey. I oso fell to a point of sadness n thought I hv nth to look fwd to. I dread friends' outings too becos they all bring their babies n talk abt how easy they managed to conceive. I cldnt find any common ground w them suddenly. I do not think they will understand my woes. Luckily there's a forum here for us to share.
Time does heal the pain. So i pick things up things up again n move on. I used to want to have more kids, but now I think I'll be v v contented just to have one precious gem. Still waiting for the day to come!

Dear ladies, CA 125 is a cancer marker blood test that can help to detect cancer. However, if ladies got endometriosis , uterine fibriod etc, the reading will be high too. If cancer is into ten thousands.

For people with hundreds likely is endometriosis ....having this disease is painful during menses n that why hate time of the month...

Yeah mrs tann, saw you in those pregnancy thread as my kid oso 2.5yrs old. what you say makes a lot of sense n only people whom went thru all those will understand. Guess to me, at the end of the day is we have tried our best even if we dun succeed.

The impt tin is dun give up. Cos I also have thoughts in giving up too n that when I m most relaxed to get preggie. At age nearing to 40, also must admit energy is not as per before.

I mus say thank to a great lady whom have encouraged n let me see open that time in this motherhood forum.

Let us all Jia you together :)

Drinking Berroca helps. And of course exercising regularly. I find drinking a cup of warm water with half a lemon juice first thing in the morning helps. It eases the digestion system and the body doesn't need to work too hard on that part.

A year ago I needed to nap every day. Always felt tired after a work day. Now I hardly need one.

Drinking Berroca helps. And of course exercising regularly. I find drinking a cup of warm water with half a lemon juice first thing in the morning helps. It eases the digestion system and the body doesn't need to work too hard on that part.

A year ago I needed to nap every day. Always felt tired after a work day. Now I hardly need one.

Redvel do u buy a whole lemon or just packet lemon juice?

Meaning u cut one lemon into few pieces n use for few days? I don't cook so not sure how it works ha ha.

Haha. You squeeze half a lemon just like how you would squeeze out orange juice from an old fashion orange juicer.

Half a lemon will yield a few good tablespoons. No, few drops of lemon won't work.

The start of it will taste strange. But just few days your taste bug will get use to it

Last edited:
hi ladies.

just my 2 cents worth. I was also seeing tcm, wait long hrs at tcm, take tcm powder or brew tcm which I also bot a brewing pot, chart bbt, use ov test strips , go pray... etc for a few yrs.. my hubby dont like to see tcm so sometimes will skip.. i go myself if he doesnt go... anyway in the end no result.. so I went for an iui with a private doc which failed too.

I read those forum a lot back abt 3 yrs ago and then decided to take the plunge at ivf. just keep waiting is also not an option as my biplogical clock is ticking away and I checked that ivf grant end at age 40 so I dont have a lot of time especially I wanted to have 2 kids. so I went for the first apptm myself. he was not so anxious for a kid. i guess i was quite kan cheong one as I was already quite old. besides for ivf they use the eggs retrived at a certain age. so if u r 35, yr eggs is age is 35. if u r 39, then yr eggs is age 39. after i fix those apptm at kkh and for those that need to involve doc, will get my hubby to go with me, other apptm i go myself since he cant take that much leave.

so I went for ivf and failed the first time. was devasted cry lots abt why my embryo dont stick to me. so what.. I hv to buck up... but I went for ivf (frozen cycle - forgive me for technical term) 2 mths later and got pregnant (thanks to someone too!) and my child is now 2 yrs old.

so I would like to say if tcm does not yield result and u are getting older (cant wait further) then just go for ivf straight, of course need to see doc and they will advise u accordingly. iui is cheaper only abt $1k as ivf can be abt $15k - $20k for govt hosp.

for me iui is not good as my hubby sperm is quite bad so i decided myself to stop wasting ime on iui (based on my research reading online). since ivf got grant, for my ivf i dont need to spend a lot of cash as most will be via medisave. (for my case as we are both singaporeans) but some cash will be spent on the initial doc apptm n some tests such as blood test which total up to a few hundred.

I rem gg to kkh and met the doc and told him my age and I want to gp for ivf straight so pls give me the schedule for my ivf. he also agreed too. my hubby sperm is lousy we have to do icsi (a kind of ivf where they seect the "best looking" sperm).

no need to be scared of needles and such. I was afraid too for my first try and even got my hubby to inject, but afterawhile, injection is just like a simple mundane process. a bit exaggerated but it come easy for me now since im into my 3rd try now for my second child. im going to utilise my ivf grants before I hit 40. the needle is so fine that its no feeling at all when u inject ( just a v v tiny bit of pricking feeling) into my fatty tummy. now I inject myself daily just like drinking a cup of water easy peasy.

I tell myself I want to see result, dont care about the process, convincing myself that's just a phase - i can cross all hurdles - pain needles are all nothing compared to the end result of a baby. back then my life was at a bottomless pit and I felt no purpose in life. why am I even alive back then - I asked myself. even my bosses ask me whats wrong. I dont know what to say. I dread cny gathering too etc. was crying at night why this is happening to me. only we ladies who cant conceive easily will understand this uphill battle.

now everything changes whenever I see my cute 2yo. my hubby being a man sometimes dont understand the feelings of us ladies. i also thankful to have someone who helped me on my baby journey. will share more about this if I bfp this round.

wan to say be brave and go for it. sometimes we just need a little professional help along the way to reach our goal. even if u do ivf it also depend on the age of yr eggs, so I wld say do when u r younger. by 35 I personally think should we should get started cos we are left with 5 years to maximise the 3 grants. not much time left ya? unless u r well to do type and can afford private doc then ok no need govt grant. ivf is also not guaranteed to succeed but at least I can tell myself I hv tried. More tries, more chances.

process is call kkh for an apptm date and go to clinic d. u can choose yr own private doc if u like. the doc will see u and schedule u for some tests or scans (like i did hsg), probably take 1-3 mths and therafter they shall proceed on to schedule u for ivf which may be a few mths later cos there is also a queue for patients waiting for ivf. im aware that u can also go to nuh or sgh for ivf but I myself choose kkhivf.

hope above helps in some way. :) wow what a long post!

no venture no gain !

After reading your post, I can totally u/stand where you are coming from, I did iui mths ago, I guess I expect too much out of it, cried like hell. Didn't visit my gynae to discuss further about the failed process, recently start seeing TCM hopefully my body will get better, but seeing my body temp everyday is more 'exciting' than stock market...somehow I kinda feel no hope. I can understand how you feel before you go for IVF, dread going any gathering etc cos everybody is with kids or going to give birth soon, so is kinda demoralising. True that we can't just sit around & wait for miracle to happen, have to try every possible ways to make it happen. Actually after going thru iui (since iui needs to do daily injections too), I felt ivf is really nothing....hahaha....I guess if u go private sector for ivf, it's gonna cost a bomb and probably the waiting time wont be that killing compared to govt hospital. previously a fren tried iui 4 times b4 she got pregnant, sometimes I wonder do I give it another shot for iui or just ivf straight.

After reading your post, I can totally u/stand where you are coming from, I did iui mths ago, I guess I expect too much out of it, cried like hell. Didn't visit my gynae to discuss further about the failed process, recently start seeing TCM hopefully my body will get better, but seeing my body temp everyday is more 'exciting' than stock market...somehow I kinda feel no hope. I can understand how you feel before you go for IVF, dread going any gathering etc cos everybody is with kids or going to give birth soon, so is kinda demoralising. True that we can't just sit around & wait for miracle to happen, have to try every possible ways to make it happen. Actually after going thru iui (since iui needs to do daily injections too), I felt ivf is really nothing....hahaha....I guess if u go private sector for ivf, it's gonna cost a bomb and probably the waiting time wont be that killing compared to govt hospital. previously a fren tried iui 4 times b4 she got pregnant, sometimes I wonder do I give it another shot for iui or just ivf straight.
Depends on what ur issues are... are ur tubes clear? Do u o regularly? Your hb troops good? Iui is good for unexplained infertility ... cuz ivf really very invasive and emotionally draining... but of course chances much higher too

Depends on what ur issues are... are ur tubes clear? Do u o regularly? Your hb troops good? Iui is good for unexplained infertility ... cuz ivf really very invasive and emotionally draining... but of course chances much higher too
hmm....did minor op in jan to fix it, somehow i don ovulate....his troops according to my gynae is gd, guess the problem lies with me. trying to take it easy, too stress up isn't gd if wanna get pregnant.

hmm....according to my gynae & TCM, I'm those tough to predict when I will ovulate, so my TCM wants me to take body temp every morning....

BBt or blood test/ scan can conclude if one ovulated that cycle. And a positive or smiley opk doesn't equate to definite ovulation.

Yes. Trying hard to stay positive. The frustrating part is you see smiley every month and countless test results are ok yet can't get pregnant. Really beyond control....

Are you seeing any TCM or gynae?
I have 2 failed IUI. On TCM for at least a year already. Thinking of stopping soon....

When I started ttc, I did everything. TCM, acupuncture, BBT, stopped tea stopped cold stuff and mostly all "forbidden food". When I started my IVF half year ago, I stopped going to TCM and just do/eat everything. Just wanna be stress free. Still, nothing came out of it.

So hack, now back to natural ttc and let nature does its work. I just focus on healthy body (exercise) and mind.

Are you going for 3rd IUI? Ever considered IVF?

Yes. Trying hard to stay positive. The frustrating part is you see smiley every month and countless test results are ok yet can't get pregnant. Really beyond control....

There are many reasons why we can't be preg. Some ppl tried many yrs n ivf one time strike cos their problem is simple like egg shell too hard n sperm can't penetrate through. In this case ICSI can help cos they select the best sperm to inject into egg. Also assisted hatching can be done to help embyro hatch out n attached to our womb.

In most failed cases it could be our egg quality. As u get older your egg deteriote. Its not easy to find that one good egg to develop into a bb. If your egg are chromosome abnormal it cannot implant into your womb an thus no pregnancy.

So I really encourage to do ivf when u are before 35. Sucess rate drop after 35 and drop even more near 40.

Back