Any 2009 mummies living in Punggol

Hi Miffy, my friend mentioned before that even though the kids are not watching the video, they are listening. So they will still learn. Not too sure about this theory but I believe it do work for some kids. Not mine though
happy.gif
I notice both my kids only learn from those videos or tv programs that they like to watch. Maybe can try playing for few times and see if she like it or not.

Heard Auntie Meimei weekend are fully booked, but weekday can still squeeze in. Are you enquiring on her weekend schedule?

Hi Ophelia, Congratulation
happy.gif

hi ophelia, congrats!

hi ling76, i intend to book her for wkday but she told me she's fully booked. anyway, thks, i will keep looking around.

Hi Miffy,
Wow.. Didn't know Auntie Meimei is so popular now. If you did find someone good, please let me. I'm also looking for part-time cleaning auntie, but for weekend only. Thanks.

hi ling76, sure no problem. i hope i can find a gd one soon.

i got my current one from agency. at first she's gd, she's been working for me since feb. but recent mths she always can't come or need to go off earlier. and nowadays she doesn't do a proper job and always complain my iron no gd, my vaccum cleaner no gd.

but what i can't stand is that when she comes in the morning, sometimes my girl's still sleeping, she will bangs the door loudly and wakes my girl up. she only starts doing this recently. maybe i'm still paying her the old rate of $10/hr (she told me now the rates have gone up), she's hoping i will ask her to go and she can work for someone else paying her the new rates.

so i don't really want to get another agency to find me a cleaning auntie, prefer someone's recommendation.

Hi Ling76, I just brought my kids to the 3 months old Bouncing Kids Indoor Playground at Kovan on Mon! Very small but cosy and not many people...we had the playground to ourselves for an hour! Hee...will definitely bring my kids there again since so near!
happy.gif

Hi Miffy, I used to have a part-time cleaner...at first very good but after a few months, standard drop and same like yours, can't come or change timing too! So in the end, we decided to do the chores ourselves!

Hi Jess Ma, Welcome welcome!
happy.gif

Hi Ophelia, Congrats!
happy.gif

thank 4 all your congrats
recently habour the though of resigning fm my job & b a sahm since cant get my gal in cc.. Haiz.. But financially will b v difficult & also im quite happy working in my current company.. A difficult decision 2 make.. Any advice from all the sahm here?

Hi everyone, glad to have found this thread. I've a 13 month old son and expecting number 2 anytime now. Nice to meet everyone here
happy.gif

I haven't done any research on childcare like many of u guys. Not too sure what to look out for. I like Q-dees environment but too ex. I was searching for an infant care then but my MIL is looking after my boy now. When is a good time to send our kids to childcare? My MIL dun like the idea of sending too early cos afraid he will be bullied by other older kids. Anyone has experience to share?

Btw, I'll be getting a maid soon. Understand that some of u r looking for part time cleaner. If u r interested, can pm me for my part time's maid contact. Wanna look for another job for her since I won't be needing her services soon. She's a local, charges $12/hr but she only cleans on weekdays. Got her upon my friend's recommendation and so far, she's never been late or absent. Friendly personality and she has a yr experience working as a part time cleaner in a cleaning company before. So I'm very impressed with her skills. So if anyone wants her contact, do pm me. Thanks!

Hi Althea,

Since u hiring a maid & ur MIL is helping to look after your kid than I dun think u need to put your son in cc.

Maybe u can try putting him in those 2~3hrs kindergarden when he is ard 3yr old.

Hi Ophelia, congrats!! As for whether should u quit, personally feel that u can continue to work til ur ML then u decide. U still hv some time to look for cc and also get paid for the 16wks while u considering to quit or continue. By then if u decide to quit, at least u hv the 16wks pay to help out a little..
happy.gif

Hi Althea, welcome!!

Hi Althea...welcome welcome to this BIG family!!!
happy.gif

Hi Ophelia, congrets!! yeah agree with M3DP, take the 16wks first then thought of quitting. That's what i did, it's really a LOT of $$.

Hi Ling0, thanks for your information. Is Bouncing Kids next to the hawker centre? Check the street directory but it looks confusing. Hope it is not that crowded over the weekend
happy.gif

Hi Althea, welcome
happy.gif
Me also quite new here
happy.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome. Have everyone been staying in Punggol for long? I'm totally clueless abt the childcares or daycares available. What is the cirriculum like for Wunderkids? Cant's find their website. Chiam...must make full use of my maternity leave to go explore the neighbourhood.

I cant imagine being a SAHM. I had that thought when my boy was out. But financially will be at stretch. Anyway, seems like a breather for me when I go to work. He's very clingy now and it's especially difficult when I'm 37 weeks preggy. Took leave to rest at home also cant rest. Might as well go to work. What is a day like for a SAHM? Anyone had plans to go back to the workforce?

Btw, need some recommendations from the mummies here. My boy has been getting a lot of mossie bites from the playground. Anyone know of any creams that can stop the swelling yet won't irritate his eyes when he accidentally touch it and bring it to his eyes or mouth? Appreciate the advice! Thanks!!!

Hi Ophelia, agreed with M3dp and Smile...just take your full ML first then decide! I went back to work after ML but tendered 1 week later...haha!
wink.gif

Hi Ling76, Bouncing Kids is at the end of Bus Interchange! Took us awhile to find the place cos really never expected it to be there! Have fun with your kids ya!
happy.gif

Hi Althea, Welcome and Congrats! Hee...I am SAHM with 2 kids and they are just 12 months plus apart. Whether SAHM or working mum, both has its pros and cons. I have no plans to go back workforce at the moment since it is so difficult to get a place in Punggol CC.
happy.gif

Hi ladies, had not been logging in for a while liao as too occuppied wif work. Really feel like quiting, but hanging on for my aws....

Hi Althea, welcome! I like qdees infant care too cos environment wise is gd but in d end i chose bright kids due to the fee is much lower there. I would say d teachers there r quite friendly n my gal seems happy there. Mossies bite ar? i bot tis egyptian cream, not too bad, heal d spot quite well n is natural ingredients too.

Hi Opehelia, if there is a choice, quit after u give birth bah, like wat d rest of d mummies said, is really alot of money.

Thanks for all your advice.
I'm afraid abt financial wise as my hubby income is not high.

with 2 kids I'm afraid duno can make it anot, consider all the education that we need to provide them.

Hi Ophelia, ya, i agree wif u. Wif the living standards now is quite difficult to have one income only. i oso face d same dilemna but then i tink i will quit when i find another job. Then oso considering whether reali gg to hv a 2nd kid or not....haiz....

hi, haven't been in here for sometime as my girl's having fever and diarrhoea since sat. her fever has gone but she's still having diarrhoea. and yest, there's blood in her stools and i felt really scared, thought of rushing her straight to hospital. my hb suggested calling her PD first and so i did. PD asked me to monitor for high fever and see if there's continuous blood in her stools and if so, i have to bring her to see him immed. & i'm so exhausted! wish i have someone to help me.

hi Althea, welcome & congrats on ur baby #2! are u expecting a boy or girl this time?

hi Ophelia, it will be a tough choice for u to make. quitting ur job will give u more time to be with ur kids but again, it will be tiring handling 2 kids. u may wanna consider being a sahm for short-term, like 1 yr and see if u are enjoying it and also able to cope with a single income.

Hi Miffy, oh dear, i hope ur gal gets well soon. But did d PD say wat leads to d fever n diarrhoea? Understand it muz b hard on u, do take care too ya.

Hi Miffy, take care. Hope your gal recovers soon. I understand how you feel when you said "wish I have someone to help me". There were days I also feel that way. My friend once said to me, God is giving me the challenge bcos he know I have the strength or ability to take it. And I told her I prefer not to have the ability bcos I prefer peace
happy.gif
hope you know what i mean.

Hihi everyone,

Moi just delivered another boy last Thu. When old folks say the 2nd kid will be much faster, u better believe them. I almost delivered in the cab had I not heeded my MIL's advice to go to the hospital earlier. My son popped within an hr upon reaching the hospital. My obstetrician almost missed my delivery. Phew!!!

I got the Egyptian magic cream. Will give it a try. Thanks bluzcorner!!

Hi Miffy, it's been a week. How is your gal now? Take good care of your own health too!!

Hi Ladies,

My girl has finally recovered on tue. She still gets watery stools but I think its because she's teething (growing 4 teeth all at once, poor girl!). Her PD said the reason for her diarrhoea is unknown. She might have been in contact with someone carrying the virus or eaten something unclean or touched unclean stuff and put her hands in her mouth, etc...anyway, now I'm making sure she washes or cleans her hands before she touches food. but my mum was saying so clean, next time a bit of dirt my girl will get sick. hmm...aiyo duno wat to do.

Hi Althea, congrats!! Have a gd rest.

Hi Ling76, I found a new cleaning auntie. She will be coming next week. I will let u know if she's gd.

Althea,congrats! Wow.... 1hr after reaching hospital was really fast!

Miffy, glad to noe ur gal recovered liao. Nowadays kids fall sick very easily. My gal now got fungal infection at her private area, alot of pimples like spots...haiz.... for 1 whole wk liao..... it fact it gets better liao but d moment i put her in infant care, it came back again. Stress......

Hi bluzcorner, hope ur gal has recovered. How did she get fungal infection? The teachers in the centre didn't bathe her properly or change her diapers often enough?

hi bluzcorner, you can try using the destin diaper cream for your gal. You can get it frm the phamarcy. You may also ask the teacher to apply for her. It works well.

Hi Althea, congrets and u are amazing!!

Hope all mummies are well, am going to quit being SAHM soon after being a SAHM for 19 month now. I've managed to get a job and i must really thank god for that as it seems quite a promising job. It's also great that my boy is adapting well in childcare. For all the SAHM, hang in there, well done "pat pat"!!
happy.gif

Hi Althea, Congratulation!! and Rest well
happy.gif
It's true that 2nd kid is faster. It's applied to me too
happy.gif

Hi bluzcorner, hope your gal has fully recovered.

Hi Simile, Congratulation to your new job
happy.gif

Both my kids are also sick last week. My boy is the worst, keep having high fever range from 37.6 to 39.4deg. Take panodol, fever came down. 3hrs later, fever go up. Then he started to have red dots all over his body, hands and legs. For a moment I thot he gotten HFMD again. Luckily doc confirmed it's not. And his nose is super blocked till he cannot sleep. Sorry for ranting on Monday morning, but Haiz so stress. So glad to come back work to "pi nan" for a while. Very bad of me hor...

Hi Ling76,

thanks. Oh u are not a bad mummy lah, i can understand that. Oh did Dr say what are the red dots? Cos my boy recently also same leh, slight fever and have some little dots. I would think is that he is hot. Am still monitoring him.

Hi Ling76,

thanks. Oh u are not a bad mummy lah, i can understand that. Oh did Dr say what are the red dots? Cos my boy recently also same leh, slight fever and have some little dots. I would think is that he is hot. Am still monitoring him.

My gal oso had the said red dot all over her body twice when she had haigh fever.
According to my PD she regard it as 'jia ma' or 'fake measle'. Some kids will have it when they have high fever.

Hi everyone, my boy is finally coming to a month's old in a week time. Been real busy handling 2 at one time. Thankfully, I've engaged a confinement nanny this time.

Hey miffy, I've replied ur pm. Did u receive it? Sometimes my mail ends up in the junk mail so wanna confirm with u. My elder son pooed like 3 times a day when he's teething too. He usually poos once a day. I think these type of watery stools is different from diarrhoea stools. It's still semi-solid. After a week or so, it just resolved on it's own.

I think it's quite common to have red dots after a high fever. My son has that frequently too.

Hi Ladies, hv been a while since my last visit tis thread.

Hi Miffy, my gal hv been suffering for consitpation for a while. She is d type of baby who does not cried or make any noise after she pooed. So i suspect her stools are not cleared immediately n causes d fungal infection. Now she's not fully recover yet, so might nid to bring her to see PD again.

Smile, i had been using the desitin cream but not much help oso. And congrats to you on your new job! As for me, i should be tendering my resignation soon and stayed at hm for a mth or 2 before finding another job. Looking forward to the break....

Hi Althea, gd to hv a confinement lady to help so u can hv a gd rest! I can imagine it will b very tiring to take care of 2 kids, so do take gd care of ur health ya.

Hi Althea, how time flies! your NB baby's turning 1 mth old, wow. u must be happy to be out of confinement soon. btw, I have not received your PM
sad.gif

Hi Smile, congrats on ur new job! when are u starting work?

Hi bluzcorner, i see then i guess u have to ask the teachers to check on ur girl's diaper more frequently. hope she gets well soon.

Hi miffy, I just sent u the contact.

Nanny's been a great help but still a stressful confinement nonetheless. Sitting for exams for my part time study as well. Anyway, everything will end on my son's full month this Fri. Yeah!!!

Good Morning Ladies.

We bought our son to KKH last Thursday when his fever went up after recovering 1 day, and also cos he complained of chest and throat pain. Was given double dose of panadol, took blood test, chest xray and ecg to check chest and heart. Doc said he had slight lung infection so was given third time of antibotics. Haiz... Yesterday he seem to recover, but there are still red dots on his body. KKH doc also said the red dots are due to high fever, and will take a while to disappear.
Now my girl also caught the flu and fever bug from my son. Fever going up and down for the past few days and coughing with lot of phelgm
sad.gif

Just hope they will recover soon.

Hi Simle, how your boy? Hope he is ok.

Hi Althea, must really 'pei fu' you. Confinement, taking care 2 kids and study exam at the same time. Wow.. Dunno how you manage it, but glad it almost over for you
happy.gif

Hi bluzcorner, enjoy your break
happy.gif
Agreed with Miffy, ask the teacher to check her diaper more often so your girl can recover soon.

Hi Althea, thanks, have received the contact. Same as Ling76, really 'pei fu' you for managing 2 kids and studying at the same time. Is your maid coming soon? Hope u can relax and enjoy time with ur kids when the extra help is here.

Hi Ling76, it must be tiring for you with both kids sick. Hope they get well soon.

Bluzcorner, enjoy your well deserve break...am sure u will love it.

Miffy, thanks
happy.gif
today is my first day of my new job...my colleagues are nice and environment is good too.

Ling76, my boy is better now but ever since he join childcare, he has flu quite frequently. Doctor also say is norm and he will immune to it and be well de, so see how it goes.

Hello ladies, an update on Wunderkids.

Teacher Hanna said now total 11 kids, and still need 3 more. I ask whether can start the class since just short of 3 kids. She said she will check with the management. Well, hope to hear some good news from her soon
happy.gif

Hihi Ling, can gimme more info on Wunderkids? Address? I will go check it out after my exams. Wanna enrol my elder son in some programme. Sorry ladies, will check back this thread again.

Hi Althea, Wunderkids is at Blk 163A RC. Its those daily 1.5hrs playgroup type. They have classes up to Nursery (4 yrs old) only. Teacher is called Ms Hanna, mobile 97895162. I find the environment quite nice. Just want to send my girl there to play and learn something
happy.gif
I also find Teacher Hanna quite nice
happy.gif

Hi Smile, did you let your boy take vit.c. I gave it to my boy daily in the morning. He still get flu but not that frequent now. Heard cod liver oil is also good.

Hi Althea, Congrats and enjoy your ML!!! Really "pei fu" you too, able to manage your 2 kids and study exam at the same time!

Hi Ling76, hope both your kids get well soon! Thanks for the update on Winderkind, appreciate it!
happy.gif
By the way, did Ms Hanna confirm on the timing?

Hi Smile, congrats on your new job! Glad to hear that both your colleagues and the environment are good!

Hi Miffy, how's your cleaning auntie? Good? My friend looking for one too, able to give me her contact? Thanks!

Hi Bluzzcorner, your gal's nappy rash better le ma? Think have to ask the teacher to check and change frequently, if not will take longer to recover.

Hi Ling0, my new cleaning auntie is slow in her work. i have given her less chores to do than the previous auntie but she's unable to complete her tasks. i have ask Althea for the contact of her cleaning auntie.

BTW, my part-time job has been "put on hold" as I'm pregnant with #2. EDD will be june next yr
happy.gif

So now I can put my girl in Wunderkind. I've called Ms Hana from Wunderkind this morning. She's friendly but told me she's lacking 4 kids to start the class. The timing is from 2pm-3.30pm.

Hi Miffy, congrats!!!!

my gal, fungal infection comes n go..... headache, now asking d teachers to changed her every 2 hrs liao, reali duno wat to do. But later bring her to see PD, today her whole body patchy patchy n she keeps scratching none stop, haiz...... duno wat is wrong.....

yes, shld b able to tender my resignation soon n b a 1 or 2 mths SAHM....hehe....

Hi Ling, hope ur kids r better liao, now flu bug everywhere, my whole family oso kenna liao.

Hi Miffy, Gongrats!!! Hee...happy for you and hope it's a boy!
happy.gif
Oh, your cleaning auntie so slow till can't complete basic tasks in 3 or 4 hours? Wunderkind's timing still 2pm to 3.30pm ah, now not sure still want put my boy in anot cos it clashes with his nap time leh...haiz.

Hi Bluzcorner, how's your gal le? Hope she is better liao after seeing PD. Good for you, just tender and take a break from your stressful job! Still intend to go back marketing or find less stressful job?

Hi Bluzcorner, ya gd for u to be a SAHM soon, can enjoy time with ur girl and go for a holiday. hope ur girl's fungal infection will go away. does ur girl has sensitive skin? my girl sweats and gets itchy and will scratch herself non-stop. i have to keep applying moisturiser on her on hot days.

Hi Ling0, i'm ok with either boy or girl but hubby wants a boy this time. he says he's tired of playing "cooking" with my girl and wants a boy to play "boy games" with him, haha. yalor, the new cleaning auntie is so slow she can't complete the chores within the 4 hrs and she's charging me more than the previous auntie. i didn't leave my name with wunderkind yet, as same concerns as you, it clashes with my girl's nap time. i'm considering kidzplayhouse but haven't go take a look yet.

btw, anyone has gd, reliable confinement lady to recommend? the ones my friends given to me are already booked or couldn't be reached, sigh...

Hi Ling76, yes, just started him with some vit will monitor lor.

Hi Miffy, congrets!!!!!!! It's certainly is a good news..haha my boy also play "cooking" wor oh come to think of it actually he is playing "eating" hahahahah he take away the cooking part and straight to "eating" so "feed" everybody.

Hi Bluzcorner, sorry to hear that the destin doesn't help with your gal's infection. Hope the PD will help and infection goes away.

Back