Am I pregnant or not?

hoping_miracle

hi!this is very confusing and abit depressing.

My menses is still not here yet. I am a few days late.I am never late as my menses is quite regular. I did a HPT thrice and all three tested positive.I even try using he digital one and it i got a pregnant result. To be sure, I went to the doctor to get a confirmation.It turned out negative. I do not understand why I have differing results.
I am having most of the symptoms associated to being pregant. I am confused. Doctor adviced me to wait another 2 weeks before doing another urine test.
Can someone help me
frown.png

My menses is still not here yet. I am a few days late.I am never late as my menses is quite regular. I did a HPT thrice and all three tested positive.I even try using he digital one and it i got a pregnant result. To be sure, I went to the doctor to get a confirmation.It turned out negative. I do not understand why I have differing results.
I am having most of the symptoms associated to being pregant. I am confused. Doctor adviced me to wait another 2 weeks before doing another urine test.
Can someone help me
frown.png

Your positive line is it very obvious? or its just faint line?
Possiblities:

- HCG (pregancy hormone) is too low to detect, got to wait until you are at least 5 weeks pregnant.
- Go for blood test to monitor as its the most accurate.
- wait for another 2 more weeks and scan.
- seek for second gynae opinion.
- go KKH and ask them to do the scan for you will be better.

Can someone help me
frown.png

Perhaps you can ask to do a blood test instead. It will show the HCG level. But could be that it's too early.

Did the doc check you with the probe thingy? My gynae uses the intra-vaginal probe on the first visit to confirm pregnancy. Can see the blob on the monitor if pregnant..

What kind of test did the doc do for u? I tried the pregnancy test kit thrice and all were positive. I then went to the doc and he said the test kits are very rarely wrong. He did a blood test for me, if it is less than 10, then not pregnant. Normally even if it is in the very early stage, your hcg will still be more than 10. Hcg typically doubles every 2-3 days if you are pregnant.

Hi. From what I know, HPT can show a false negative but not a false positive. This is because it needs a chemical in our body to show a positive result, and this chemical is present only when one is pregnant. If this chemical is too low as it usually is at the beginning of a pregnancy, the test kit will show a false negative. Hope I am not confusing u.

My advise is to go see an obgyn for a peace of mind. Hope all goes well!

The urine test kit GP used is not very good, waste of time... I tested positive on a few clearblue kits at home but turned out negative at the GP. You should take a blood test for HCG levels or simply do a scan at the gynae's office.

Back