Alot of Users posting their businesses in YOUR FORUM

worry mum, used to call for past 24 hrs, but cannot do that now. even 12 hrs also got a lot of new posts to scroll. hoping Chin Leng can improve on this.

Thank you Chin Leng for helping us retain threads on
our on-going BPs & Sprees!
kao_clap.gif

I believe the website has a function for moderators to view posts generated by individual nicks. As such, we will just highlight to Chin Leng the posts that those 'masqueraders' created.

They will be able to evaluate the situation and act as accordingly.

My $0.02 worth.
biggrin.gif

What exactly are the new users trying to do ? Meet the 100 postings rule so as to start a BP or spree or perhaps "Want to sell" something.

Janet,
Since you are online,you would have noticed, there is one user currently posting to a lot of old threads tonight.You will get your answer real soon.
biggrin.gif

Sorry ALL

I'm one of the many who sell before hitting the 100 posting.

Chanced upon this forum last weekend, it's an interactive and resoureful forum, GOOD JOB. I've learned a lot from here and also noted that this is a good place to let go my new, almost new or used items to those who need its more than me. I started my WTS posting before the new rule comes into effect.

I did PM ChinLeng that I WILL NOTE clock the 100posting just to meet the requirement. I strongly believe in QUALITY posting than QUANTITY posting. If need to do, my WTS thread may be deleted.

These 2-3 days, I've to agree that I noticed lots of "history" threads being pull out for 1-2 liners update. I dont mind if i managed to learn something from it, unfortunely most were no value added.

BTW, this is not my 1st forum, i'm active in a few doggie forums. People using different nick to clock minimum post to vote or join contest or sell......they are JUST SO FREE.

Regards
ann

If everyone else started to ignore the rule and doing all the things that they are not supposed to do,what is the point of having the rule?

Annissa,

Did Chin Leng give you the green light to start selling despite the less than 100 postings? How do we know that special approval has been given to you? If he did, that would be unfair to the others.

If everyone just ignore and post,then say that "If need to do, my WTS threads may be deleted",it's as good as no rule being set.

By the way, Chin Leng did announce that his PM is not working well, and advised members to email to him instead.

Regards.

Christina.....as mentioned in my earlier post, I posted up BEFORE the annoucement/effective date.

When I saw the annoucement, I PMed him to apologise. On Thur i received a mail (frm him) about his PM error and resent my PM via email.

I DIDNT SAY ChinLeng gave me the "special" approval, this is a sensitive words to use here.

Thinking that the purpose of joining this forum to learn and share our experience. Seem like I kind of not welcome here, I shall go then.

I would think those WTS posting after the annoucement is not appropriate.

If need to, let's discuss off-site via email or PM. I dont want to clock my posting here or make it unpleasant.

Hey! Woah! Christina and Annissa, relax!

As you might know, I'm one of those who do report threads now and then. And yes, I did notice that some threads in WTS were 'old' threads from before the current format of the forum, which means that they din require the 100 postings. I dunno about Annissa, since I din really look out for her name, but such 'old' threads are easy to pick out. If a thread doesn't meet the 100-posting rule, look at the date the thread was started. The 100-posting ruling started only Wed 28 June. Also, threads before 28 June should be for 2nd hand items.

Such confusion over threads was bound to arise, 'cos Chin Leng was trying to fine-tune the changes to the forum, in order to accomodate user requests, while maintaining the original purpose of reducing clutter and preventing biz threads.

Let's all remember, WE ARE TRYING TO REMOVE BIZ THREADS here. As has been brought up before, unless a user repeatedly flouts the rules, I daresay he/she is just ignorant.

Of course, for users who flood old threads with er...'bor liao'-ness, well...I guess they could be highlighted here, at least it's a form of 'shaming' them.

So take it easy, mommies, let's work together instead, all right?

Have a good week ahead!

Oh! Just reread my post. Let me clarify, I meant REMOVE BIZ THREADS WHO DON'T PAY FOR ADVERTISING IN THIS FORUM!

Pai say, pai say...not clear in my previous post.
embarrassed.gif

My apologies to all the legitimate biz pple here who are paying for the advertisements!
happy.gif

Interesting announcement, Chin Leng!

Er...it sort of brings us back to the original situation before the changes, doesn't it? Only now the forum has more organized sections, as requested by so many mommies!
happy.gif

Let's hope that the moderators and ALL genuine users of the forum can work together to weed out pple who try to start biz threads without paying for them!

GO CHIN LENG GO!
GO MODERATORS GO!
GO USERS GO!
OUT FREELOADERS OUT!

Sorry, got too enthusiastic there...keke...

Hi Wai Yen,
For people who wish to start biz threads w/out paying, I guess regulars will spot them easily. I'm here often but only 1/2 a day.
happy.gif

Hi Boey,

Yeah, I know. I kinda expected the outcome of minimum postings requirement. That was why we thought of implementing a fee structure. Then we fine-tune it further. Think with a team of volunteer moderators and a place for business owners to post, it may help. That's why we decided to make it convenient for our members and removed the requirement.

Ultimately, we want to create a community for local parents. So we hope to make as easy as possible for everyone to partcipate.

kao_biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hiee,

Just a mere suggestion, it is possible to have other threads to have latest posting on top i.e similar to market place as I find it is easier to read.... Thanks...

Hi ChinLeng,
Is it possible to put a reminder at the business thread to when will it be ending (i.e. end of 7th day)? This is so that I'll be in time to read thru/checkout the info before it's gone.
Sometime I delay checking it out cos too many postings to read
happy.gif

It's also a reminder to the business owner to renew her announcement if wanna extend.

Also any discount for extension for a number of times for the business owner?

Christina,
I believe you are the one that request for my thread on BP for tupperware catalogue to remove cos I admitted that I am a tupperware dealer.

For your ignorance, all catalogues have to be purchase from Tupperware company at a cost of $0.20 for a copy. Every dealer have to pay for the Tupperware catalogues. THEY ARE NOT FREE-OF-CHARGE.

I am trying to help the mommies here to buy them direct from Tupperware & not doing any business here.

You can also do a BP on this if you have friends who are Tupperware dealer & they can help you to purchase them.

Hi blursotong,

Most of us are merely highlighting the threads to Chin Leng.It's up to Chin Leng to investigate and decide whether to remove the highlighted threads.

I must say I am a fan of Tupperware. I have bought from different dealers, including from friend's friends,and push carts in shopping malls. So far, all of them gave me the catalogue FOC. I do believe that the cost of cataglogue are being charged to dealers,so I guess I am just lucky that those whom I bought from are bearing the cost,so there is no need for me to organise a BP or ask any dealer to buy for me.

I guess,just guessing,Chin Leng's concerns might not be just whether you are making profit out of the cataglogue,which I believe you don't. It's more of "What Happen After Next"?

Since you are orgainising BP of the catalogue,and you mentioned that you are a dealer,most probably those who join the BP will prefer to get it from you. That makes it a business then.

Pardon my ignorance as a newbie here but could someone explain how these qualifies as bulk purchase threads? I'm assuming that BP threads are where mothers pull together their purchases so that they can get a better discount from the supplier. Perhaps I'm mistaken.
happy.gif

Just curious...

Granted the Original Poster does provide helpful advice.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449156/443821.html?1150273508

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449156/445680.html?1150475013

Dear Teta,
thanks for highlighting my threads above.

Kindly let me explain the threads,
before my BP of these 2 items,
those 2 items were being "BP"ed here at higher price.
It's my luck that I still have much left-overs onhand,
some mummies PMed me their order & MIA,
& I KPO order more, "in case more people need them".
(Well... that's my usual style, that's why still got so many left-overs from BPs)

I had been organising BPs & Sprees here for sometime,
all of them were started with request from mummies here.

In between these BPs, those threads are also used to "exchange pointers",
mummies who has questions with their usage usually post them up,
mummies who had experience are usually very willing to share.

Hope this explains.
happy.gif

Hi Tan Leng Leng, thanks for the clarification.

I gathered from what you said that you have been doing the board a favour by offering mums the two products at far lower prices than what was offered at earlier 'BPs'. I would like to point out that you are also doing them a great service by offering them the products at lower prices than those retailed at the stores. That indeed is the beauty of the board, lower prices for buyers and a win-win situation for both parties.

You drew attention to a few new points that added further to my confusion. Indeed it is most mind bogging but it could just be me. So bear with me...

Firstly, you said, "It's my luck that I still have much left-overs onhand, some mummies PMed me their order & MIA". I assume all BPs and sprees organisers ensure that funds are transfered into their bank accounts first before they accept an order. Well, that has been my experience thus far with Poshies and Kelvin_Mum (both great BP organisers as well). You might want to consider doing likewise so that you don't have to put up with the inventory frustration you mentioned and change the 'luck' you have been encountering. it is certainly not fair to you to have to bear with the extra expenses. Organising BPs are frustrating as they are.

What also puzzles me is the price markups of the 'leftovers', I'm assuming here that you are merely getting rid of extra stock. Desitin is available a at drugstore.com at USD 4.49 or S$ 7.6(at a highly generous exchange rate of 1:1.7), The markup is S$6.4 or 45%. There must be alot of shipping costs involved.

You mentioned you "KPO order more, "in case more people need them"". That is what suppliers do. The threads above are posted in the BP and Spree section. I think, in which case, they are in the wrong section. Perhaps, business?

My point, however, is not any of the above.
happy.gif
I'm just curious why they are called BPs when there are no bulk purchase discounts involved when mummies reach a certain TOTAL quantity demanded or are organised to meet a certain minimum order requirement. It looks to me like a whole bunch of piecemeal transactions.

Thanks for being so patient with me and a BIG Thank You for organising the other BPs and for running an "exchange pointers" section with the BP and Spree section.
happy.gif

Dear Teta,
Correction, I'm doing mummies here a favour,
no BPs or Spree here benifits the board at all.
Also it's not a great service, I am just killing my time & making friends.
And you don't have to thank me, I haven't anything to deserve it.
happy.gif

I'm not sure how other organisers done their BPs or Sprees,
different organisers have difference preference,
for myself when a BP has reached 40-60% of the MOQ,
I'll go ahead to order.
When mummies had ordered from my previous spree,
I may go ahead to order without their payment.
So other mummies won't need to wait so long.

I am not a supplier, just a SAHM,
the threads HAD BEEN there from the beginning of the BP till now.
Please read from the beginning of the thread.

Your query had been discussed before, please refer to here;
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?tpc=2&post=1807053#POST1807053

Leng Leng
happy.gif

Hi Tan Leng Leng, we are clearing communicating at two different levels. You do indeed deserve a pat on the back for organising the seemingly endless drugstore and other sprees, and we are in agreement that you are doing the mummies a favour. There is no doubt about it. (NB: By board, I meant the mummies on the board cos you are certainly not benefiting the owners of this website).

My question is whether those two threads I listed above, where you hawk your so called "leftovers" at a considerable markup, smack of profiteering. It doesn't matter if you are a SAHM and has no registered business entity. A business is what you do when you conduct transactions that brings you a continuous stream of income. You supply, hence you were labeled the "supplier". Assuming you obtain your desitin stock from drugstore at USD4.49 (deduced from the 2-3 weeks delivery time) and offer same product to the mums at SGD14, all credit goes to you. Those mums choose to pay you the price you quoted rather than save on the difference should they deal directly with drugstore, I say, their loss, your gain. Perfectly legitimate and highly entrepreuneurial.

But, under this scenario, where assuming that you are indeed selling and profiteering on a continous basis, then you should be listed in the Business section and pay for the listing. Others have been singled out and some have migrated to the business section. The board should remain fair and equitable to one and all and implement this ruling consistently across board.

So, the summary of this is that should you be running a business, the onus is on Chin Leng to discontinue these threads unless they are listed in the Business section. That is just my 2cts worth.
happy.gif

wonder888

HuH??? you mean there are mommies doing that openly? How much did the person make out of selling the complimentry items from drugstore? PPL still buy from her? Crazy!
uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif

Correction to above posting, "we are clearly (not clearing) communicating at two different levels". Apologies.

shimmrs

so far i only notice 1. not sure if anyone bot the complimentry items but it is dishonest to post that items are not bot fr drugstore. how much made? u can cal fr the no of so called BPs..

Teta, bravo. Well said and clear cut. By reading your explanation, one will start to think some members do really earn some $$ out of it.

In this case, it would be fair they do it under the biz section.

Hello Teta,

Well said!! I have brought it up previously but seems...

I've to agree on the part where complimentary items were sold.. But what more can we say? I think plenty of mothers find it an eyesore, posting 'business' thread in BP thread! And u can imagine how one has earned and lost??

Thanks, kanec and doufu for your comments. I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. Hope Chin Leng will investigate this situation.

Back