Affair with married boss

painfulregrets

I never thought this would happen to me, and it is the most painful event which I am still struggling with right now..

About 2 years ago, I started working closely with a very wealthy boss who is 20 plus years my senior, following him on work trips, expensive business dinners, and handling every aspect of his personal and work life. He was a workaholic and so was I, working past 8pm on most days and I was handling multiple roles in the office. This job paid me incredibly well, my boss liked me a lot, it was obvious in the office he treated me well bringing me everywhere he goes, even colleagues would try to gain my favour. I was rewarded me with luxurious gifts. At the same time, he was texting me everyday, initially work matters and then personal chit chat. I could tell he was interested but I treated him with respect and professionalism, never crossing the line. This went on for 1 plus years where it was strictly work, although we got closer over time. During the later part of this period, there were times he would hug me for no reason, it was awkward at first but I did not speak up, and I slowly got used to it. On 2 occasions, he asked me why did I not accept him? I told him coz you are my boss and you are married, and rejected his advances for 1 plus years.

How the affair started
During a work trip, I had breakfast with him in a hotel room and he suddenly leaned over to french kiss me. I was shocked and did not know how to react. He later gave me money before I headed to the airport. During that period of time, I realised that I had slowly fallen for him. There was many qualities in him that attracted me - his ambition, hard work and determination, his love and affection for his children, a responsible family man with a successful career. There was no day that went by without a single text message from him, asking how I was doing etc, even when he was on overseas trip alone. Very slowly, he grew on me.

We started movie dates, personal dinners, where he related to me that he has everything in life - except for love. His wife married him only for money, for a tai tai lifestyle with priorities on her instagram account, material goods, instead of taking care of children. He is both a father and mother as his wife literally did nothing. It was then when I understood why I had to help him take care of family matters like renovation, maid, children's school events as his wife was not interested in these. She spend her time taking instagram photos of herself, her lifestyle.. I felt sorry and understood why he, a hardworking and responsible man, eventually strayed. During that month, I flew overseas to join him on a trip, and he started making out with me in the hotel room. I begged him to stop, saying that we are making a mistake, but he pleaded with me. I was in tears and resisted, begging him to stop. He didn't and I finally gave in as I knew deep inside, I do feel for him very much. This is how we began this affair for around 6 months.

During these 6 months I was confused.. It was a mix of roller coaster emotions running high and low - was I attracted to his status, power, wealth, character? Was it curiosity because he was so much older? Our sex was incredible each and every time... I am a soft spoken girl, from a single parent family and the money would help my mum a lot. I love him deeply by now.. it was difficult for me everytime after sex, he would return home to his wife and kids, bringing them on family vacations, spending festive seasons with them, I slowly experienced all these emotions as 'the other woman'. I started falling into depression, waiting for him...

He has asked me to bear a child for him (on impulse), but he later changed his mind. I asked him what he wants out of this relationship and he said 'nothing'. It was then I decided to leave - this would mean losing my income at the same time. And during this period of time, I had protected his career by hiring another staff to start taking over my work (in case our relationship fell apart, his career would not be affected as I was holding too much power in the office handling many things). I protected him out of love. At the time I made a decision to leave, I also found out that I had contracted an STD from him. It is an incurable STD that would stay with me for life. This disease made me even more depressed - I have always been 'proper' all my life (he is my second partner) and one mistake... changed me entirely. How do i have the courage to find a good man who is able to accept a girl with STD?

He now says that he is regretful and will take responsibility to care of me for the rest of my life... What does this really mean? Buying me a house (he casually mentioned), having a child with me?However I know that this will be a tough road. During this period of time while I am crying my eyes out, he never once accompanied me to the clinic for checks, vaccinations.. His priorities remain on his children and his career. I am facing these all alone. Does he love me? I think so. but not as much as his love for his children.

His wife later suspected our relationship and he is now hardly texting me. As 'the other woman' I find myself constantly waiting for him, not sleeping well, waking up with nightmares.. I would cry my eyes out for no reason, so much regret that I did not maintain my strength to resist his advances from the start. He initiated and chased this relationship so much and now, he is stepping back after all these. I am taking leave from work right now to make a decision whether to leave his company or stay on. I had decided to leave his company when I wanted out of the r/s (before my diagnosis) but am re-considering this because he brought this disease upon me and would take responsibility.

On the other hand, his wife is used to handling a rich straying husband, she probably knows how to handle him better than I do. And I know the reason for him straying is because of her, and he is still with her for the sake of their children. He goes home every night to them without fail.

I lost over 5kg in this period of 6 months. Would appreciate any advices. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hi there,

I suppose you do recognise the fact that you have been played out by your boss. I do not believe he has real love for you. If he has love for you why would he hide his std condition from you and infect you with it? Some men love to hunt, wild animals or fish or women. once the chase is over, they move on. Unfortunately he is not interested in you anymore, hence he is stepping back.

Do u think he caught std from being faithful to his Wife? He has been sleeping around obviously. Will he divorce his Wife and make you his everything? Of course not. please don't be so silly to bear a child for him as the child will be suffering along with you.

There are two options:
A) a path that is aimed at seeking some form of compensation which could potentially become sour or/and become a path of vendetta
B) pack up and leave. Start afresh somewhere else.

A) could potentially leave you miserable, scarred, depressed, lonely, but you also have a chance at getting something back. If both of you can mutually agree to some compensation then it's great! Take it and go to path B). Leave this man!

B) Is about letting go. Recognise that you have made a mistake, pick yourself up and move on with your life. You don't need to find a man, get married to be happy or financially secure. You sound like a young, hardworking and motivated individual so staying gainfully employed and financially independent won't be difficult.

Dear painfulregrets,

I can feel yr pain of being a woman in the shadow and it's awry that things hv turned out this way. No amounts of words would b able to comfort yr tormented soul n mind. Do know tt there r many women who r in dire situations, distraught in problems similar or otherwise. R/s r complex n the indecisiveness, selfishness n greed of men compound matters.

He was clearly v much attracted to u. Be cautious abt him truly loving u, for had it been true love, I felt he would've given u ample support in crisis like tt n wats worse he has brought this problem onto u. On this part, I felt he has bn shunning responsibilities n backing off when crisis rears its ugly head.

Whilst it's easy to be rational n let go of this r/s, I'd v much understand if u struggle to let it go since u hv invested much emotions into it.

Two questions remain. Should u hv a clean break w him? Or should u persist w him to make him take responsibility of the problem he has afflicted upon u?

May I ask, how would u want to hold him responsible? To bind him to u indefinitely? Is it worthwhile to do so? U can coerce a man to be w u, but u can't keep his heart if it is no longer w u. W him backing off now, it makes one wonder if he would wanna b committed to u in any way.

IMO, having seen his true colours, it might b more painful to bind him to u in the long run. W the commitments u hold him responsible for, u might feel increasingly conflicted n tt might hv a toil on yr already fragile mental n emotional state. On the side note, my observation is the more a person is restrained to his disagreement, the more reluctant the person will b n this has negative repercussions on the interactions u hv w him. Perhaps, it's not worth all the heartache n headache to persist w a man of such character.

As for your illness, I'm unsure as to how incurable it can b w advancement in medical sciences. Can u afford the treatment? It's basic decency tt he shld reimburse u for the treatment, without the mention of any compensation for the grievous hurts he had caused u. In part, u hv to face this matter squarely bc u had a choice from the onset whether to continue in this affair, but u chose to n hv to face the consequences as they come.

This disease made me even more depressed - I have always been 'proper' all my life (he is my second partner) and one mistake... changed me entirely. How do i have the courage to find a good man who is able to accept a girl with STD?

I'm here! I'm here! :)

I just want to say you are not alone in this mess. Extra marital affairs have been an 'in' thing since many many years ago. You are not the only one involved in an e.m.a. You are also not going to be the last. Mark my words, e.m.a is going to destroy many families soon. VERY SOON, EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIRS IS GOING TO DESTROY MANY FAMILIES. Many many many people involved can hide, but they can never ever ever run.

Please take my advice very seriously. Please get out of this mess as of now. I do not want to see you in the next episode of disaster. The next episode of disaster is worst than you can imagine. And the next episode is when the wife comes after you. You deserved a much better relationship with a much better man.

If you really like the company and the stability it provides, then continue to stay with the company and perform to your best abilities. Have a talk with your boss. Clear up the affair and be professional at work. You go to work on time and you leave for home once the workday is up. As for whether your boss is going to sleep with the next colleague of yours or with other women out there, is none of your business. Take great care of your own emotion.

Since you mentioned the std is incurable? My guess is Herpes Simplex? Are we talking about HSV-1 (oral herpes) or are we talking about HSV-2 (genital herpes)?

HSV-1: A high percentage of us may have already caught it just that there is no sign or symptom. Children are very prone to catching it because parents, neighbors, relatives can pass the std to children during kissing. Sharing of toothbrushes, utensils, straws, towels can also be the causes of transmitting oral std.

HSV-2: I am not too familiar with this. If I remember correctly, it is transmitted via sexual intimacies. Condoms are not sufficient and effective to stop the transmission of genital std.

Hey... but the good news is... is never life-threatening and you can still lead an equal lifestyle with the rest of people out there. :)

I never thought this would happen to me, and it is the most painful event which I am still struggling with right now..

About 2 years ago, I started working closely with a very wealthy boss who is 20 plus years my senior, following him on work trips, expensive business dinners, and handling every aspect of his personal and work life. He was a workaholic and so was I, working past 8pm on most days and I was handling multiple roles in the office. This job paid me incredibly well, my boss liked me a lot, it was obvious in the office he treated me well bringing me everywhere he goes, even colleagues would try to gain my favour. I was rewarded me with luxurious gifts. At the same time, he was texting me everyday, initially work matters and then personal chit chat. I could tell he was interested but I treated him with respect and professionalism, never crossing the line. This went on for 1 plus years where it was strictly work, although we got closer over time. During the later part of this period, there were times he would hug me for no reason, it was awkward at first but I did not speak up, and I slowly got used to it. On 2 occasions, he asked me why did I not accept him? I told him coz you are my boss and you are married, and rejected his advances for 1 plus years.

How the affair started
During a work trip, I had breakfast with him in a hotel room and he suddenly leaned over to french kiss me. I was shocked and did not know how to react. He later gave me money before I headed to the airport. During that period of time, I realised that I had slowly fallen for him. There was many qualities in him that attracted me - his ambition, hard work and determination, his love and affection for his children, a responsible family man with a successful career. There was no day that went by without a single text message from him, asking how I was doing etc, even when he was on overseas trip alone. Very slowly, he grew on me.

We started movie dates, personal dinners, where he related to me that he has everything in life - except for love. His wife married him only for money, for a tai tai lifestyle with priorities on her instagram account, material goods, instead of taking care of children. He is both a father and mother as his wife literally did nothing. It was then when I understood why I had to help him take care of family matters like renovation, maid, children's school events as his wife was not interested in these. She spend her time taking instagram photos of herself, her lifestyle.. I felt sorry and understood why he, a hardworking and responsible man, eventually strayed. During that month, I flew overseas to join him on a trip, and he started making out with me in the hotel room. I begged him to stop, saying that we are making a mistake, but he pleaded with me. I was in tears and resisted, begging him to stop. He didn't and I finally gave in as I knew deep inside, I do feel for him very much. This is how we began this affair for around 6 months.

During these 6 months I was confused.. It was a mix of roller coaster emotions running high and low - was I attracted to his status, power, wealth, character? Was it curiosity because he was so much older? Our sex was incredible each and every time... I am a soft spoken girl, from a single parent family and the money would help my mum a lot. I love him deeply by now.. it was difficult for me everytime after sex, he would return home to his wife and kids, bringing them on family vacations, spending festive seasons with them, I slowly experienced all these emotions as 'the other woman'. I started falling into depression, waiting for him...

He has asked me to bear a child for him (on impulse), but he later changed his mind. I asked him what he wants out of this relationship and he said 'nothing'. It was then I decided to leave - this would mean losing my income at the same time. And during this period of time, I had protected his career by hiring another staff to start taking over my work (in case our relationship fell apart, his career would not be affected as I was holding too much power in the office handling many things). I protected him out of love. At the time I made a decision to leave, I also found out that I had contracted an STD from him. It is an incurable STD that would stay with me for life. This disease made me even more depressed - I have always been 'proper' all my life (he is my second partner) and one mistake... changed me entirely. How do i have the courage to find a good man who is able to accept a girl with STD?

He now says that he is regretful and will take responsibility to care of me for the rest of my life... What does this really mean? Buying me a house (he casually mentioned), having a child with me?However I know that this will be a tough road. During this period of time while I am crying my eyes out, he never once accompanied me to the clinic for checks, vaccinations.. His priorities remain on his children and his career. I am facing these all alone. Does he love me? I think so. but not as much as his love for his children.

His wife later suspected our relationship and he is now hardly texting me. As 'the other woman' I find myself constantly waiting for him, not sleeping well, waking up with nightmares.. I would cry my eyes out for no reason, so much regret that I did not maintain my strength to resist his advances from the start. He initiated and chased this relationship so much and now, he is stepping back after all these. I am taking leave from work right now to make a decision whether to leave his company or stay on. I had decided to leave his company when I wanted out of the r/s (before my diagnosis) but am re-considering this because he brought this disease upon me and would take responsibility.

On the other hand, his wife is used to handling a rich straying husband, she probably knows how to handle him better than I do. And I know the reason for him straying is because of her, and he is still with her for the sake of their children. He goes home every night to them without fail.

I lost over 5kg in this period of 6 months. Would appreciate any advices. Thank you.
Hi painfulregrets,

I think timmerin has given you the best advice ever. I strongly don't encourage you to stay on in the company because you need a clean break to stay healthy mentally, emotionally and physically. But of course, you can't just go off after what this man had done to you, plus it affects your rice bowl. Try to negotiate a one time payment from him. And then leave the company bah. It is so nice of you to even think about his business and train someone to take over your job.

Next, I am sorry that from what you described, seems to me that your boss is not as charismatic as he seems to be. No doubt he loves his kids, but the way he describe his Wife to you and the way he forced advanced onto you despite knowing he has herpes, is incorrigible.

I think we cannot just believe a man word without verifying. Maybe his Wife lead this kinda lifestyle because this man stray in the first place? So the Wife has given up and decide to use his money instead? I highly likely suspect that he has sex outside marriage and you are just one of his targets. He might be attracted to you but definitely I don't think he really loves you. A man who loves you won't force his advances on you and now didn't even accompany you for checkups and seems to me, kinda trying to avoid responsibility now. To be honest, man craves for attention, sex and companionship but when he realise he has to be responsible, he will back out. How can someone be as perfect as him? Ambition, work hard, loves children, good Husband and the Wife totally not appreciate and only cares about looking good and enjoy life? If he is a good Husband, I don't think he will criticise his Wife and talk bad about her to anyone in the first place.

I am not sure how he will compensate you but if he doesn't want to, it is also quite tough to do anything because his Wife may come after you if you pester him for it and things will turn really ugly.

I think you have morals but you met someone obviously is very selfish And has no morals. And you fell into this trap from a mistake. It's upsetting that he passed something incurable to you. My hubby visited prostitutes despite him being a good Father and good person in general. from the way he behaves, I would nv ever suspect him. But too bad, the truth is out and I finally learnt my lesson. We can't totally believe what a man says and even if the actions shows that he loves you, doesn't mean that he doesn't have anything hiding from you. So always check and counter check before we totally have faith for someone we like. I can only say, maybe some man will let their sex drive rule over their morals and they turn selfish.

Anyway painfulregrets,

Sorry I just want to add on something. You mentioned that he French kiss you in the hotel and subsequently pass you money when you head on to airport. This rings a bell. Most likely he must have used money to pay for sex act or advances before, hence he is just repeating his usual habit. Use money to cover up or make everything ok with money!

And you also mentioned that the reason for him to stray is because of his Wife and the reason he stay in the marriage is because of the children. To be honest, no one stray because of another person. No one can force anyone to stray and straying is definitely wrong, no excuses. He has problem with Wife, he has to solve the problem with his Wife, not use it as excuse to stray. He stray because he wants to stray, his Wife didn't cause his straying, period. Besides. The std has proven a lot about him. He has been fooling around! Despite you crying and begging, he still continues his actions, this says a lot about him too! And most importantly, if he already knows about his condition and goes on to pass this disease to you, this shows that he is a bastard. If he doesn't know, then no choice. I hope the incurable disease you've gotten is herpes and not hiv, you didn't mention whether he use condoms. At least herpes you need not take medicine for life, only treat Symptoms but of course it's quite tough for you in your next relationship because you have to tell your other halves you have herpes. If you have hiv then you need to take medicine for life and I think you need to get a lot more cash out of him because it's really causing you a lot of inconveniences in life.

I know it's not going to happen but guys like these should be exposed. Passing around STDs! I'm sure you've both been having unprotected sex. He sounds like a seasoned player and manipulator. Get whatever money you can, keep the job if you can, but stop this relationship with him. He's not going to give you any commitment. He's just saying those stuff so you keep sleeping with him and not seek compensation.

I know it's not going to happen but guys like these should be exposed. Passing around STDs! I'm sure you've both been having unprotected sex. He sounds like a seasoned player and manipulator. Get whatever money you can, keep the job if you can, but stop this relationship with him. He's not going to give you any commitment. He's just saying those stuff so you keep sleeping with him and not seek compensation.
Agree he is a manipulator. But painfulregrets is a young and kind lady with morals. Don't think it is healthy for her to stay. Get some money and quickly leave the office to get her mental and emotional well being back.

@painfulregrets
BTW, not sure if you're still going to check back on this thread but I know it's a hard decision for you to make, thus I wanted to highlight your own words at the start of your post. And point out the contrast to you.

During a work trip, I had breakfast with him in a hotel room and he suddenly leaned over to french kiss me. I was shocked and did not know how to react. He later gave me money before I headed to the airport. During that period of time, I realised that I had slowly fallen for him.

Why would someone give you money after a french kiss? Would a normal boyfriend do that? No. It's because he is "buying" your cooperation to satisfy his needs.

Wouldn't you feel really weird if your first love kissed you, then pushed you a thousand bucks to go spoil yourself with? It would feel exactly like a ... transaction. You'd normally probably go "huh? Wtf is this for? What do you think I am?"

Just be strong n leave him out of your life ...if u like the job...be very focus n dun cross the line ... otherwise best is leave the job n throw away all gifts he gives u n start anew ....if its jewelry just sell it of ... his things aren't worth it n they reminds you of the betrayal. .. just be strong n move on

In life, we stand at cross junctions and are forced to make choices. No one can predict the outcome nor can we go back in time.

It does no good to think of the past but you may want to focus on the present and future.
We are not in your position and we cannot hear the flutter of your heart. We can tell you what seems logical and what you should be doing but the choice is ultimately yours.

I have friends and cousins who are the second wife. In fact, my mother is the daughter by the second wife. As expected, we receive little recognition. My mother lived an independent life without the father figure.
My cousin on the other hand, bore two sons and was given her 'status' at the later part of life.

This is your life. It is how you wish to live it. I say, live your life without painful regrets, whatever the decision you make.

God bless.

Sometimes, we as human beings lack that self control we ought to have.
Sometimes, we want something and try to ignore that desire, but at the bottom corner of our hearts, wish for it to happen.

I'm glad about one thing here from your story - your writing reflects some sanity in terms of you recognizing the right and wrongs. I have a feeling that you're quite a strong person. So, I wish you the strength to get over this hurdle in your life. Trust me..... "This all shall pass." It's going to hurt and be a tough road ahead, but most important is for you to learn from your mistakes.

Now, some ppl here said to stay and work cleanly for him. Some (most ppl) say to quit the company. It seems like monetary issues are a big part of your situation. That's okay. I'm not trying to make ur stiaution better by saying this, but please take it with the right pinch of salt.... At least he's providing you some monetary source, if that's what you critically need in life. Some girls get nothing and just bad shyt. However, I'm not promoting anything here.
I think you yourself need to decide for yourself if you are able to still work with him after how he's destroyed a part of you. You need to lose a lot of respect for him now. Can you still work for him? Will you still have your shyt together and not go crazy one day on him? It's tough to say.

May I also highlight a possibility that he might and can just fire your arse - that will drive you up the wall, and you may lose ur sanity (which I do not want you to; coz that seems like what you're left with now). So make sure you factor that fact in - that you may lose ur job too.

He may have loved you, but not in the right way... I meant he gave you STD, whether he wanted to or not, meant to or not.
Were you able to really tell if he feels bad about it? By the way, how long have you stayed off sex with him? Are you still sleeping with him? Please do not think of it as, "Since I got the STD just conintue to screw", doesn't work like this, next thing he could give you worse STDs or even AIDS (since it's already proof he's f&&&king around)... or he gets your pregnant and then you just signed urself up against fate and that' when you will enlarge and extend your life's problem.

A lot of things to think about. Meanwhile, take care of yourself. I wish you all the best, do PM me if you need to talk.

How the affair started

Not sure whether the std you gotten is herpes. But I bumped into this link, not sure whether it's true, claiming that herpes can be cured

http://m.herpeserased.net/video/?su...313&aff_id=6&suid=WjXfi3P3bgAJ,,49GexIuauIlM7

How are you doing now, are you still in contact with your boss.
You should have expose him to his wife and family. They should know about him.He probably be putting blame on you.

Back