Advice needed- to keep or let the confinement lady go

stressgal

Hi, I need some advice if I should keep or let my confinement lady go...

1) I was induced on 12 june n My hubby called the confinement lady to inform her I will b delivering anytime. She replied by asking my husband to call her again when we are going to be discharged then she come. Mi n bb were discharged on 15 jun n my hubby called her on 15 jun morning. She say we should have called earlier n she can only reach 16 jun afternoon/evening. (she is from malacca n we are puzzled why she need more than a day to reach sg). End up hubby got to cook for me on 15 jun n 16 jun. My parents in law from Penang reach sg earlier than her even. When she arrived, she say she doin voluntary work on 15 jun so cannot come in. Husband n i not very happy cos we already call her few days earlier to tell her I m delivering n yet she did come ASAP n push the blame to husband for not calling her earlier.

2) She complain abt everything.. Complain bath tub too big, ask to buy small basin to shower baby, complain hanky too thick not soft, complain house small, toilet small, kitchen small n start telling us how big is her house in malacca. My hubby n parents in law will ask her every morning what food to buy to cook n thy will go buy. She complained how come never ask for more plastic bags to separate meat n how come never ask chicken seller chop the chicken into pcs, complain abt fish they buy not the one she talk abt. She asked for kaya so my husband buy for her. Then she complained kaya too sweet, should buy this brand kaya got write xo on the cap. She even complained my mum bringing so much pepper when my mum only bring 2 pig stomach for her to cook. She complained milk warmer difficult to use. Every time we got to heat up milk on our own then she feed the baby.

3) She dun cook longan red dates water everyday.. She cook black water or red bean water or white fungus water for those days she dun cook longan red dates water. If I can't finish the water, she keep overnight n being first time mum I will juz drink without asking it's ok. She will also pour leftover water into mineral water containers n keep in fridge. When I questioned her, she say my husband wan to drink n then she say she herself wan to drink.. She even commented if not becos I got massage, she also dun wan to cook longan red date water everyday.

4) She fried ginger slices n put them in uncapped container n put inside the kitchen cupboard. It seems so unhygienic. I dun even know if any lizard droppings or other insects will go inside the container. She fried sliced meat with ginger n put into capped container n leave them overnight. The next day, I found the capped container in the fridge. When I asked her, she say the meat half cooked only, coffee shop n zi char shop all do like that.. She say will cook again with vegetables. I ask my mum abt this n my mum say she must b lazy to separate the meat out n cook more times, so cook more me at one go. I even found a cook book inside the kitchen cupboard!

5) She loves to go shopping.. She ask my mum in law go walk walk at pasar malam! We bring her to the mall yesterday cos baby is in hospital for jaundice n we need to do some errands n buy diapers. While we do errands, she went shopping on her own. We go into supermarket buy diapers n stuff, she say she wan go walk walk. When we q up to pay n ask if she need anything, then she say need to buy pork ribs. I was pissed n told her why dun say earlier, she say can buy tomoro also. She thought we gg to bring her out everyday to shop around..

6) We bought kidneys n liver from supermarket. She juz put everything into the fridge without looking what are they. When I ask my mum then I know need to put kidneys soaked in water n not in freezer compartment. So I told her say how come never checked. She say she dunno we will buy kidney. I tell her she dun wan to go shopping with us at least got to see what we buy then out in fridge. She unhappy n complained to my mum n even threatened us can pay her salary she will leave lo..

7) She loves to keep talking n boast abt how fantastic her cooking is. My mum in law taste her cooking n say dun even taste like confinement food. She uses a lot of cooking oil. She finished my half bottle 1llitre oil n finish a brand new bottle of 1litre n asked my husband buy more. I have 4-5 bottle of sesame oil n she use very little which I dunno y n ask my husband buy vege oyster sauce n abalone sauce..

8) For first 1 week plus, she had a gd sleep without needing to wake up at night to feed baby. Then we decided to get her help at night feed or carry baby if baby cry or awake at night. She complained say breast milk difficult, can alternate formula milk at night for easy feed. Once I wake her at 6am cos baby cried, she get unhappy n fedup n say should let baby sleep with her easier- fyi, baby sleep in our room with us. She say if baby cried abit n we wake up n wake her up then dun need sleep already..

After so much things happen in just 2 weeks, I m thinking of letting her go. No point keepin her n got to keep close supervision on her in case she bear grudges n ill treat or do something bad to baby.. My mum n husband say juz tolerate for another 2 weeks.. What should I do?? Any advise..??

Hi Jenny, your CL sound very much like the one I had. I delivered my boy in Apr2012 and the CL was a complete nightmare!!! Stressing me, making me cry and affecting my BM supply. I guess my postnatal depression was due to this horrible CL. My parents also ask me to bear with it till the full 28days of confinement. I could not take it and asked her to pack and leave immediately on the 18 or 20th day. Her name
is Meiling from Malaysia(but don't think she is from malacca).

Dear all, FYI my confinement lady is called auntie Meimei from malacca.. Her Hp is 0102319077.. She is recommended by another confinement lady called auntie guihua. Auntie guihua Hp is 91305526 and 60122878467 n she is from malacca too.

To add on The above, Auntie Meimei even commented that auntie guihua is not a good confinement lady.. I feel that she should be appreciative that auntie guihua recommend her for a job to make money n yet she tellin mi auntie guihua not good etc.. So terrible of her instead of being thankful..

Back