Advice needed on Colostrum or Sambucol for infant

jojolpp

Hi All Mummies, my 9mths ds always kanna airway infection easily & hv sensitive lung also, would like to give him vit to strengthen his immuse system..so would like to knw which one better? Childlife colostrum or Nature way Sambucol? wat is the different between this 2? can infant take it?

i think Sambucol is for one year and above. I only let my ds take it when he turns one and he hardly get flu or colds. Never try childlife colostrum.

Hi Joanne

I give my son both Sambucol and childlife colostrum since mid Jan. Very good! its really strengthen his immunity! He used to kanna flu n cough easily before taking these. He likes the colostrum better and dont like Sambucol becos Sambucol taste like medicine and he hate taking medicine. Hence I have stop giving him Sambucol after finish 1 bottle.

Forget to say I start giving him these when he was 14mths+ He is 17mths now and I continse to give colostrum and cod liver oil. Until today he have not fall sick with flu and cough! haha....

Since ur son only 9mth old give him colostrum first.

When he reach 1 yr old can give cod liver oil. Also can strengthen immunity level.

I got my sembucol for kid at vitakid. Alden also currently on singulair giving by PD. He just started sembucol this wk onli. So excited to know from you mums tat its effective
happy.gif

Hi, Yoyo,

May I know what brand of the cod liver oil that you bought for your son and also what is the suggested dosage for a 2 years old toddler?

TIA

Hi Pinky, i buy this colostrum under childlife brand from the spree some mummies organise here under this oversea spree thread. U can try as it much more cheaper buying from here then at local GNC.

Hi all

For the Childlife colostrum or Nature way Sambucol, is it both available at GNC? I wish to take a look at it in the physical shop before ordering online?
Also, can a 12 mth old baby take these?

I gave my gal Childlife colostrum when she's 6mth onwards. As for Sambucol, only started to give her recently (she is coming to 3)- cos she's having flu when started to go preschool. The price for colostrum from GNC is super-ex! Around $76. Much cheaper from LuckyVitamin.

Any kind mummies can post a pic of the bottle (for colostrum & sambucol) so that I know what it looks like before going down thr shop to take a look. TIA

Hi Mommies,

For those who order from sprees, will the quality of Childlife colostrum be affected by the shipping process and delivery as it requires to be refrigerated?

Thanks.

Hi Morningstar, i have jus recd the Childlife Colostrum & Multi-Vit thta i order from the spree. The quality is ok. & wat most important is the price is much much more cheaper..

hi gals,
those feeding your kids with sambucol and colostrum. can these 2 supplement be fed to kids daily on long term basis like other vitamin supplement. I know sambucol need to have a 2week break after 6-8weeks of consumption.
Has any kids here on long term sambucol for years? would there be any side effect if taken such long term basis?

smiley
colostrum can be taken at a daily basis for long term, but not for sambucol. not sure why there is a need for 2 weeks break for sambucol thou. might be incase of overdose?? not sure. you might want to do a search on this.

my boy(2YO) and i been taking colostrum from Pharmanex, need not refrigerated. he has been taking since infant. we always in the pink of health so never look at other brands of supplements.

Sambucol must have a 2 weeks' break meh? Not aware of that leh ... been taking it continuosly since Apr. I am also taking the adult's version everyday.

blue,

sambucol states.. after 8 weeks.. take break for 2 weeks b4 con't for another 8 weeks.

that's i remember..

Mishasha, where is LuckyVitamin? Is it a shop? How much cheaper is the colustrum?

By the way, I also swear by the Nordic Naturals Fish Oil. It's tested free of contaminants.

I've been giving my 10 month old son Childlife Colostrum for about 2-3 months now.
I used to add it to his milk but now I put it in his breakfast cereal instead.
My son has never gotten sick, thank God. I'm not sure if it's directly linked to the vitamins he's taking, but I'd like to think that they help of course
happy.gif

I don't think that shipping internationally affects its quality. Refrigeration is recommended probably simply to keep it fresh.
I also order mine from sprees coz it's cheaper.

I don't give Sambucol but I'm starting him on cod liver oil this week.
Scotts Emulsion from supermarkets may be meant for toddlers and up (I'm not too sure), but if you go with Childlife or Nordic Naturals, they're suited for infants too. Nice strawberry flavor that's kid-friendly too.

Hi Ladies

How do you give your kids colostrum. I have tried it on my daughter's milk but she didn't like it. How else to disguise it??

hi sabby

frankly, the colostrum dun taste nice at all. I have tried it and i tot it tasted funny. luckily, my younger boy likes it and he can take it with his milk or if i dissolve a bit of it with water. for my elder girl, she hates it but she will still take cos I will make her. She eats it straight from a spoon and grimaced...

i have been puting the colostrum inside my son milk since he is 7month plus till now 16months. so far so good. he still drink it leh...

Hi Cheryl, thanks for your reply. Does colostrum really boost your baby's immunity system? I thought of giving my baby DHA but worried it's not suitable since she is still a baby...

Something to share on harmful effects of overdose of fructose which is added in a lot of processed foods. It also mentions abt the limiting the intake of fruits as they contain fructose.

This Common Food Ingredient Is As Addictive as Cocaine?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/03/13/richard-johnson-interview.aspx

Extracted from the link:

<u>Glucose Makes Fructose Even More Potent!</u>
Fructose consumption clearly causes insulin resistance, whereas straight glucose does not. Insulin resistance can eventually lead to full blown diabetes.

Interestingly, glucose actually accelerates fructose absorption. So when you MIX glucose and fructose together, you absorb more fructose than if you consumed fructose alone.

This is an important piece of information for people who want to make a better effort at controlling their weight. With an epidemic of obesity going on in this country – two out of three people are overweight, and one out of three is obese – it has become clear that fructose is the single most important factor in this epidemic.

Pls choose sugar free sambucus as it's more effective, it has been tried and tested by me as I hv tried other types of sambucus, and I recovered faster taking the sugar free sambucus. Pls note that non sugar free sambucus contain fructose. Pls read the ingredients list.

Anyone can describe what sambucol liquid and sambucus lozenges taste like? Some reviewers on iherb said it's bitter while others said pleasant. Is the zinc-taste strong? Deciding which to get for myself...

There are 2 main 'types' of sambucol products apparently...

Sambucas - named after the actual elderberry by Nature's Way (known as Green Life in Singapore because there is already a local supplement company called nature's way, the one with the tree logo)

Sambucol - the original version.

Sambucol was sold under Nature's Way until they split recently and Sambucol became an independent company.

Nature's Way's Sambucas is the one with fructose while the original Sambucol has glucose, which I believe is safer in general coz it's basically sugar.

So, if you want to avoid fructose, get the original Sambucol.

For both colostrum and sumbacol, please don't buy them locally as they are usually overpriced. Check the following links for comparisons:

Childlife Colostrum Singapore

Sambucol Singapore

Back