Advc Needed - Runaway Maid

ay33

Does anyone know how to get the maid out from HOME as we do not ill treat her & the maid refused to follow us back to agent office despite she breached the contract & still has outstanding loan. Both MOM & Police were unable to help.

My maid runaway & the nxt day MOM called us she's with H.O.M.E. & tat MOM will not take up the case as we do not abuse her after their investigation. We took all the trouble to go to HOME office at Lucky Plaza but the maid refused to follow us back to the agent office despite we called the Police. We called MOM & they confirmed HOME does not have the rights to stop us from getting the maid back to do the necessary repatriation. But they kept on emphasizing to arrange the repatriation for the maid & they even offered me a copy of indemnity letter without any lawyer's verification. My question threw back to them will MOM recognize this letter in the event anything happen to my maid ? Are they going to take up the responsibility ? My agent also refused to go to HOME & take back the maid. What legal rights we employers have since this maid has breached the contract ? She still has outstanding loan with the agent. The agt is reluctant to refund us the pro-rated Up front pymnt as he said the maid ranaway so Employer's UF pymnt will be forfeited. In the 1st place, we have tried to 'claim' back the maid from HOME office but she refused to cooperate. The police & MOM also said not their business, where is the justice for employer ? Does it imply tat here is a playground, maids can come & go as & when they like & hide in HOME & pretend nothing happen & wait for air ticket to be repatriated ? Who will pity us employers - both working full time, need to take leave to sort out the matters, source for temp help to look after children, hse chores, financial loss for the o/s loan, insurance, levy etc? Maid can turn to HOME, then who should we turn to ??

Employers out there, do u share my pain & frustration? Pls let me hear yr voice & experience, thanks !

AY33,

Maid who run to HOME is the employer's business. AND IT IS A BIG HEADACHE TOO! You have to 'sweet' talk her to come out or send her back. In this case when she still has loan with the agency....You must be tough with the agency.
First, try to get the maid out from HOME. If she wants to go home and dont want to work, you have to buy an air ticket for her way home. Then u go and negotiate with the agency. Tell them the maid herself wants to go home and you have to pay out the air ticket so either they refund you the balance of loan or transferred the loan to another maid. Normally, the agency will not refund the balance (what they earned?). But you can insist them to transfer the loan to another maid and get another replacement for them lor.

Most impt thing is YOU must convince the toopid maid to come out of HOME. The HOME can protect them for many many months...free SHELTER and free FOOD. The maid is very smart, they can 'foul' cry employers treat them bad and these HOME people just believe them without investigating.

Is yours a filipino maid? I think they are taught of these tricks from their counterparts..

Good Luck to you.

Hi KC

Thanks for yr sharing, sigh...tis maid is unlikely to accept any sweet talk as she's as stubborn as a piece of steel. She will talk back 10 sentences if you tell her off just one sentence. She said things like she rather swim back to filipine than to go bk to agency despite I told her we can send u back but u hv to go bk to agency. I do not understand why she's so afraid to go bk to agt. MOM officer commented tat this maid always compare her prev employer in Dubai & couldn't adapt to the lifestyle here. I called the investigation police officer in chrg of this case, he said most of the police officers will help to assist the maid to follow employer back to the car but he said he doesn't understand why these 2 police officers did not do so & the best part they did not call him nor MOM to clarify the matter. He asked me to tk down the names of the police officers if they still refuse to help the nxt time & report to their direct superior. Well, since MOM & police cannot help, & tat HOME has no rights to stop us & we are the rightful employer, & most importantly tis not an abuse case, I do not see why we can't 'bring' the maid back despite she refused. Maybe I shld gather more people to 'bring' her bk to agency in case she turn violent.

If you're eligible to have 2 maids under your name, I suggest you hire another maid from another agent. Forget about this current agent since they are so irresponsible. Then leave your runaway maid in HOME for as long as possible to teach her a lesson. Do you know that while with HOME, you do not need to pay her salary and later on can get HOME to issue a letter to say maid with them from which period, so that your levy for that period can be waived.

It's obvious your runaway maid does not want to return to her agent. HOME is also a maid's agency. I too have a runaway maid in HOME previously, and they persuade the maid to let them find employer for her!

Therefore, since you need not pay salary and levy, let maid stays there as long as she likes and HOME feed her as long as they like until both give up. Then tell HOME if any agent wants to help maid find employer, must return Maid's outstanding loan to her.

Oh yes, go thru the agency contract you signed with the agent as well. It should be a standard one that says loan is refundable. In this case, it's not your fault maid break contrcat, so the agent should refund the loan to you. Verify with MOM.

Good luck!

Nowadays the standard of maids have been deteriote is hard to find good maids. They demand more than employer given to them and employer get less what they have given. This morning my maid run out of the house,she is my second maid, check from agency she is with the embassy.I realise that my previous maid work 9 mths with me also phlipinos have the same attitude on work, less than one week when you tell them what you require & ask them to do properly they will said change employer. You told them is their job you got the need to tell them what you want & reason out with them they always use that to threaten you.They show lack of responsibilty & wrong attitude they show their upper hand rather than the employer on their work. Now I don't know whether should i get back my maid that has run away if she wants to come back, she is better than my previous maid not answering back to the employer but she can use her intitative how to sneak out of the house than on her house work.

The maid I mention who sneak out from the house she work oversea before & she work very slow when she 1st came, but when i request from agency purely from phlilpine the agency show me this is the only maid they have currently does not work oversea.I get to know abt it 1 & 1/2 month later due to some reason she told me she work oversea as a maid for two yrs in 2004-2006, check with the agency they said is not stated on her Bio data but other job in 1998 & 2003! I ask her why she never written on her bio data since she wanted to work as a maid, she said she miss out and & i remember the 1st time she came she pretend as blur as sotong when she came to work in spore because i told her i employ you fresh from phillipine & she never tell me that she work oversea before! Forget about her pass mistake but with this incident happen let me wondering is she going to pretent/tell more lies!!! Seek your opinion.....

Ho Siew Hong,

Aiya... all maids are told to pretend, so as to better their chance to be employed in Singapore. My maid is from Indonesia, and she was stated to be fresh from Indonesia. However, to my horror, when I correspond with her after a few months with me, she can cite experiences she had when she worked for her employers in Indonesia. Which in her Biodata, she was mentioned not to have worked for others before. Haiz....

Thanks Einstein! I decide to take another new maid, she said she want to go back home.This happen to my 1st transfer maid also. Being nice & trust them thought they sacrifice themselves to work here doesn't help me much,treat here like a holiday, I will be more careful with them & the agency. Not to trust... them too much!

hey emily... is your agent not helping you? else, you might want to call my agent shirley @ 63447665 to see if she can help you solve and you juz pay her admin fee.

Not to worry emily,you might ask your own agency to help you because you pay for their service! They will either contact you the next day,most agency couldn't contact the home until the next day. Since you already know that she is in the home just let the agency know that you want to bring her back to the agnecy slove the problem, because usually the maid will be at the home & later they will decide what they want, to go to MOM / go back to their home town. If go to MOM not to worry as long as you fufill your duty as an employer & never hit her tell them honestly problem can be solve,I know some maids just turn around and accuse their employer!

my prob i think is the agency. agency seems to want to escalate this matter to MOM coz I feel they have more to gain if we were charged in anyway. I had talked to HOME and the maid even agreed with me to come out of HOME and go with me to the agency to discuss abt the loan matter. But after HOME calls to talk to the agency, HOME changed their tone & says they will refer to MOM. From my talks with the counsellor there, she said the maid says that we treat her very well. but reason for run away was coz she didn't want to go back to agency (maid knew of our plan coz we didnt want her). And the reason for her not wanting to go back is coz they don't treat them well... claims they abuse the maids there. I am trying to fight my case in HOME that they shouldn't bring a case against me then, coz seems like it is the agency prob. I think they feel that by bringing the case against me (dunno what they will say there), and I get charged, then I will have to send the maid home and forget abt her outstanding loan. Maid gets what she wants - go home. In the above scenario, maid will not need to pay loan, she gets sent home sooner than if they bring the case against agency. Am so worried abt what nonsense they will get the maid to say.

Hi Emily,
Be very very careful with the people at HOME. THey will teach the maid what to do and even can offered them job (when u sent maid back home and HOME can engaged them as they are actually an agency).

U have to be tough with yr agency. Tell them its their responsibility as their maid wants to go home and negotiate the loan to be transferred to replacement. But if maid insist wants to go back, employer has to buy one way ticket for them.

Also, try to get the maid to come out of HOME asap. Becoz HOME can provide free food, lodging for them. Unless the maid wp is cancelled, they cannot keep them anymore. But u have to talk it out with yr agent.

GOod luck to you.

I am fine with buying her an air ticket back. But seems like agency is refusing to let her off the hook. They want her to pay the loan money to them so that they can refund me.

Am seriously at a loss. I believe as of now, HOME would most likely have referred the case to MOM.

Anyway, have decided to give in and just buuy her an airticket and forgo her loan. I can't afford this ding-dong. What if I lose my job - worst!

Hi,emily since she is going back solve part of the problem,regarding about what she is going to say in MOM not to worry just tell them honestly what "Happen" usually they will ask you got any complains you want to say against the agency, just tell them.This will only happen after the maid went back sometimes around 1 mth later they cal you up for interview to find out whst happen.

Hi again, further update. I actually decided to let maid go home, but didn't get the chance to tell HOME and they went to lodge complain to MOM. Anyway, went to MOM yesterday and they cleared me of all charges. Now prob i have is agency still refuse to pay me $ back as they say maid still refuse to return to the agency. Maid is in HOME until she is sent back. Today agency will go down to "interview" the maid... after that, hopefully, they will be able to conclude the case and refund me the money. So disappointed in agency. Let's see what they will say today after the "interview". LOL... dunno interview for what! From what I understand from maid, HOME and MOM, maid ran away coz scared of agency. If agency still wun pay me back my loan $, then I may have to be harsh with them... complain in forum etc etc... as looks like, in this case, agency not me is the root of the problem.

Is good that they interview the maid & agency. As long as you inform them they want the maid to pay the loan so they can refund you back the $,no problem!Remember you already paid them the service fee!!!Depends on your contract some w in 1 yr you can ask for refund on their remainding loan if you decide to stop hiring a maid from them.That's their job to chase the maid for the loan. For my case I took another new maid from my agency,so far my agency quite ok! They ask me want to refund $ / intend to take another brand new maid.

Hi all,
Agency refuses to refund me the outstanding loan. Says that the maid owes me the money... not them. Nor maid owes them $. They tell me if MOM asks u to send maid home & u do that, then u lose all the remaining $. Am lost!

hi all,
I had a problem before, my philippine maid ran away, she went the the philippine concel and accuse us of ill treat her. Since she has an oustanding load with us, So i have no choice to called the Agency to replace her. If I send her home directly to Philippine, then I will lost all the $$$.. but if I return her to the agency and ask for replacement, I would not lost all..

hi emily
agency won't refund outstanding loan. guess u've to get a replacement maid n pay the difference in loan

Hi all,

I am the latest victim of runaway maid. She is from Mynanmar and we found out when we collected her 4 mths ago from agency that she turned out to be a butch! Not only did she not have any experience in housework, she is also constantly distracted thinking about her girlfriend which we thought was in Myanmar.

She ran away on 13 Aug (sneaked out in the wee hours) and it was not till 15 Aug that passerby brought her in to police and place her under warrant (she left without passport and work permit, plus I've also filed police report on missing DM: Nya Chy Htike).

Turned out she even went to Pennisula plaza to buy handphone and apparently for Myanmar, they could even get hold of prepaid cards without registration! REmit money as well - so please watch out.

Now agency is pressurizing me to transfer her to another employer despite fact that she is a problem maid else I will not be able to get back my balance loan amount.... Isn't this terrible that the bad maids constantly get 'circulated' amongst the employers here... I really wish for the govt or CaseTrust to be able to protect more employers rights...

Hi Emily

Yes, my agency has refunded me the pro-rated o/s loan amnt & bear half of the air tix. I had a long ngotiation with the boss of the agency. I did not take any repl maid from them.

Hi Cindy, I feel for you. Am still in the process of seeking the outstanding loan refund from the agency. I went to CASE who adviced me to write to agency to get a refund from them. After which, if the reply/no reply is not satisfactory, I will go file in Small Claims Tribunal. I think you should go and complain to CASE about them wanting to transfer a problem maid. That is so irresponsible.

Hi AY33, good for you! Your agency sounds pretty responsible to me! Even share the air tix cost! Can tell what pressure techq did u use?

My agency called to tell me their want to deduct $300 from the outstanding loan... say coz its termination fee.. crazy! The contract didn't mention anything abt termination fees.

can anyone tell me the address of this H.O.M.E. as my maid ran away and when i made police report, they advice me to go to HOME to look for my maid. Police only told me is in lucky plaza. Also, can those who have bad experienced with their maid agency put here in this forum the names of the agency so that others and myself will not go there.

Hello. My maid ran away yesterday morning too, and instead of going to the embassy, she went to MOM. Which was really silly, cos the people at MOM just let her sit at the lobby and called my agency to send someone down to pick her up. But the phonecall to my agency was interuppted, and in the end, we could not pinpoint the location of the maid. I called the MOM hotline, and was told that the maid is not on their system of run-aways, and that MOM will call employer directly instead of going to the agency. So I got very confused and called the embassy 3 times to check, called HOME 2 times and even called up my sis-in-laws to check if their maids have heard from my maid. In the end, she was indeed at MOM, but the MOM people don't really want to bother with her case, because she was not ill treated in any way. I took a cab from my office and rush down to MOM to pick her up before MOM close for the day and then rush to send her to my agency before they close too. I am very dissappointed and distrubed, because I know that I have treated her well enough, she wakes up at 6+ and sleeps before 10 pm, eats whatever she likes, goes out with us to places like Botanic Garden. Despite the fact that she is not very bright, and is quite lazy, I tolerated her because I thought it would be difficult on her if she goes back to the agency with loans. You know she has put on so much weight that she now cannot fit into her old clothes, and I have to provide her new pants. So people must know that sometimes it's not employers that ill treat maids, it's maids that ill treat employers!

hi cloudtree,
i fully understand hw u feel...my 1st maid ran away after 2 weeks with me. We treated her well and my MIL even buy her new clothes but she still ran away. I was lucky cos she ran back to the agency and not MOM or embassy. We were very disappointed bcos she complained of too much work while her priority is to take care of baby. We waited for another 3 weeks for a new maid to come. Meanwhile, my MIL and I take half day off to look after my baby. Ran away maids really waste our time and $.

Can I check what happen if a maid run away ?
Do I have to pay S$5000 ?
If so, what is the point of buying the security bond and insurance - approx S$250 ?
Thanks.

Emily, could you advise on your expenrience dealing with agency on CASE & Small Claims Court?

I saw MyPaper has this reply from AEAS re:maid.
Read 30-day archive 16 Nov, pg A16 and and 10 Nov, pg A17

It just makes employer felt so lost and isolated when maid runs away. Help
sad.gif
is simply not meant for Employers as they are the stronger ones while maids belong to the weaker ones. AEAS claimed there's no way maid is capable of bulling or ill-treating Employers.

If maid really insist to stay in HOME and has no loan, does it means Employers can choose to forgo the security bond and insurance - approx S$250. So if maid enjoys staying in HOME, Employers can go ahead cancel her work permit and wash hands off completely, since HOME is supporting them? MOM wont charge Employers for anything, like levy or if maid gets into further trouble like suicide while at HOME?

Firstly, when maid runs away to a HOME.. HOME will protect n side them.. You can jolly well say bye bye to your $$$.. No way out.. You have to forego everthing and buy a ticket to repratraite her back.. Just pure Bad Luck to Employers.. This happened to me .. got a mental maid.. in the end we wrote in to MOM to blacklist her from entering Singapore.. HOME will assist them to work elsewhere also.. This is a terrible n horrible place for employers as the welfare workers there really suxx big time.. They are hypocrites.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences here.

I was lost on what to do, until i read the thread here.

My philino maid run away last week. She went to embassy and they sent her to HOME.

My agent is processing my new maid with the existing loan to the new ones. Now got to wait for the recruiter to settle the run away maid ticket home. And was told cannot cancel WP yet.

I cannot contact the maid or the embassy ppl. guess let her stay at HOME , after the festive season over then get cheap air ticket to send her off if i hv to bear the cost.

is there anywhere to see photos of runaway maids? Got this woman sleeping at my area for past few weeks, not local, wondering if she is runaway.

My runaway maid family have no money to buy cheap ticket for her to go home. In the end, i sponsored the cheaper ticket n she Fxxx Of back home. The embassy escorted her to airport and i have apply wavier for levy for the time she is with the embassy, with document proof from embassy. Case closed on 12 Jan.

Managed to get back 80% refund for the ins.

Just for sharing, The security bond will only effect when you cannot find your maid within a month after you report her missing with MOM and you have cancel her WP.

Now, hopefully the new maid can arrive before cyn to help me spring clean the house.

HI,
MY MAID WAS LOSS 2 DAT AGO WHAT MUST I DO ?
1ST I CALLED THE AGENT BUT THERE ASKED ME TO WAIT FOR PHONE CALL!!!
2ND I SO WORRY AND HAD MAKE A POLICE REPORT
3RD I HAD CALLED TO HOME AND embassy BUT CAN'T FIND HER .

HOW ?????????? WHAT CAN I DO SHE WAS A EX SPORE AND CAME TO MY HOUSE LESS THAN 5 DAYS AND WE NO ONE SCOLD HER OR BET HER JUST RUN ALWAY WITHOUT ANYTHING HAPPEN?????? HER LOAD $4230 AGENT FEE $599 RUN AWAY $5000.00 HOW
ANYONE CAN HELP TODAY IS 3RD DAY RUN AWAY?

Jen,

There only 3 places the maid can go:
1. MOM
2. Embassy
3. HOME

There nothing much to do but wait for phone call from either MOM, Embassy or HOME.

You need to check with your agent on your placement loan settlement. See if they can transfer to new maid, if you planning to find a replacement.

For my case, Embassy call agent to inform maid is there. They never contact me. I get the no from agent 2 days later to call embassy cos that stupid maid took my house key with her. Anyway, i did not manage to get back my key. As maid is found within 48 hrs, i did not make police report as advise by my agent.

I called my agent almost every day for the runaway maid settlement. My agent offer free maid replacement and transfer the outstanding loan, after i report my run away maid to them on 1st day.

I was like you, worry and thinking what to do for the 1st few days. But in the end nothing much i can do. Cos embassy won't talk to employer but to agent on the maid settlement as the maid have outstanding loan with agent.

But I prepare myself, check cheaper air ticket online. In case i have to bear the air ticket cost. And bingo, I was correct, my run away maid's family is too poor to get her a cheap ticket home. I bought the cheaper ticket, hand carry luggage, and no insurance for her to go home.

As long my placement fee is safe and able to ask for levy waiver, I am fine to pay for the cheaper ticket.

My agent say indo maid run to embassy is easier to settle than phillino maid. My case drag about 3 weeks.

Hope you would be able to settle your case soon. But need to think twice if she still want to work for you.

HI, Serene Ong (sereneo)
So luck my maid came back yesterday about 3pm, we asked her where did she go and the answer to us is un-acceptable, i need to go for praying and could not find the way to there and home end up i sleep under the tree and pray asking my god where is my owner house den i got my way home later after 4 days, what is that anyone can believe what she mention??? Therefore i send her back to agent.

hi where u get the maid from which company ? Ur agent is mice to allow you to offset the loan, cause my agent is very bad service from jack focus. my agent told me if u can't find the maid you will not get the refund till the day you found her and if you will get the new maid from me you need to pay new loan amount.... who will get from her again..am i right first given me a indo maid walking and working like robot, 2nd transfer maid carrying the hand phone 24hrs and must talk to friend using hp when cooking and sweeping, mid night still on the line (how to want her) 3rd indo maid ex sin and hongkong, 1st day step in my house start crying till the day i send back told us the agent cheated her salary and stoled her i phone. (how to keep if she cannot settle herself how to settle my family) wowwwwwwwwww so send ack again 4th this is the one came in 4 days run away for praying my god.............. but her work is not bad i like her but she not honest.

Hello all, my indo helper just ran away this morning and no idea where she went. Not in agency or embassy. Can I know where is this HOME place?? Who can I contact? In my helper's note, she said she will go back to agent??

break contract, runaway, not working like a domestic maid (assumed she's here to be princess), pretend to be lazy, don't how to carry out your instructions or housework ........ so what, not happy, employer pay them a way ticket home or send to agency let agency charge you daily rate for lodging and food till she's transferred out.

What to do, MOM not helping just want to comfortably collect monthly levy promptly. Not a matter of luck, it is the quality given to Sg employers cos we belong to Pay And Pay. Any problem or fault of maid, u pay!

Why must you pay? Cos you are one of the employers who caused the high demand for FDWs.

<font color="ff0000">So Cheri, since she's not at agent, where's she? Friends, relatives? Maids are so smart and scheming. If she still have loan, u cancel her work permit online (log in as S pass), she becomes illegal overstayer. What do u lose .... outstanding maid loan, air ticket (repatriation) and then got to fork out new $$ for replacement maid. Agencies and MOM, as well as FDWs forever gaining.

HOME (maid shelter) is at Lucky Plaza, google should be able to find. HOME super protective of maid, give free lodging and food, once maid gets in, no $$ no talk.</font>

If you've a better option, don't hire maid. They are a bunch of problem and $blood suckers. Unless fairer system is up, these days, getting maid is headache.

3/4
"If you are not happy, you can send me back to agency." or If you are not happy, you can get me transfer". These are two of the common phrases which employers hear from maids easily.

Simple to them. Employers' nightmares!
They argued they are human beings, deserved this deserved that at employer's expense. If we let them go due to their 'threats', poor attitude or working incapability (mindset is not to be a domestic helper), who suffered the most? Employers! By pretending unable to work, don't know how to carry out a task correctly after few trainings, weak or saying above, their wish are forced to be granted = sent back to agent. <font color="ff0000">How to hire and pay for a domestic helper when you're the one slogging at home &amp; work or forever at the losing end?</font>

We suffer time loss to find new replacement, re-train, take annual leave, pay additional costs imposed by agency and MOM.

MOM collects levy comfortably, agency continues to count money + no responsibilities, maid granted the luxury to rest at agency while employer pays for daily lodging and food (waiting for transfer), etc. Is this how Singaporean employers should be treated?

We paid levy, paid agency fee and insurance but what protection do we get? Anybody or organisation bothers to know the quality of maid nowadays is not worth the high pay? It is really high pay, compared to Hongkong because employers are paying levy, salary, agency fee, binded by repatriation clause (air-ticket) + security bond terms (runaway means $2500 to $5000 gone), in-house food &amp; lodging, etc.

A lot of local cleaners or housekeepers do not receive take home pay of $400-500 per month but maids do! Maids don't need to pay for food, transport, housing loan, CPF, education &amp; medical in Spore, etc. So is take home pay of $400-500 per month really low?? Taking into consideration, their demands are so high these days... more off days, chat on mobile frequently, no hanging of bamboo laundry, can't wash windows or car, shorter working hours (mine has 9-10 hrs rest), etc.

<font color="0000ff">Seriously, if you've a better choice, don't hire maid. The reason why we are suffering is because there's a high demand for maids in Spore. No matter how harsh, how unfair the terms are set, as long as the demand for FDWs didn't gone down sharply, our voices won't be heard.</font>

<font color="ff0000">I wrote to MP, even PM but they don't care! Grassroots came to visit my house and vanished (no follow-up). CEL kept giving suggestions that are non-feasible. Gov, CEL or MOM only read key words, not content of your message/problems so they kept giving wrong or impossible suggestion. 说风凉话 These people are not in my/our shoes or have no time to look at our root cause properly.</font> 事不关己 I suppose, we're small flies, not worth the effort and attention. So what I'm a locally born citizen. I don't have any strong backup to voice on my behalf nor am I or my hubby in an industry or position that commands power.

Highlighted my situation and reluctance to hire a maid..... I have a special needs child, no childcare or daycare centre setup for her or willing to accept her. Really forced to hire a maid so that I can work. If continue to stay home, we're unable to bear the costs of Sg high living standards. Get financial assistance .... you think so easy to ask govt for money? You able to withstand the coldness of your social worker, insensitivity, continuous financial assessment (means testing) and help (S$) that is insufficient.... having a special needs child or disability is costly in Spore!

I don't want maid but I don't have a choice. I've stayed home for many years, a financial drainage, used future money .... I have to work but government not compassionate or willing to help.

Advice: If you've a better choice (most of you should be better than me), especially if you or friend has encountered errant/princess maid, don't try to get yourself in messy business, no fun, stressful, nightmares, money wasted vs quality hired. The new era maids are not here to lighten your loads. If you want a big baby to take care or money nowhere to spend, they fit well!

HOME
read: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/he-fights-for-foreign-workers.html

"In HOME’s first three years, Wham says they were frequently visited by angry employers of domestic workers who, with policemen in tow, demanded that they handed over their helpers to them.

Despite the intimidation, which he says he experiences “less often these days”, <font size="+2">Wham says he simply explains “very rationally” to the employer that his or her helper does not belong to them, and that there is no law that says a maid is required to stay with her employer at all times.</font>

“There’s nothing they can do. We haven’t violated any laws,” he says confidently."

dieu>> According to standard FDW employment contract and security bond, FDWs are required to be in the employment of their employer's home address NOT TO RUNAWAY AND STAY AT Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics (HOME). By living elsewhere, it is a violation of MOM's employment terms.

This fellow is one of the masterminds who made maids runaway and wrongly educated them about their rights.

Are maids really lowly paid? Maids really unaware of their rights and easily abused? FDWs are fully aware and making full use of it. Read thru above postings and other comments in this forum. The most sickening thing is to be binded by MOM's repatriation clause and security bond, giving maids the leeway to be freed and need not pay a cent.

Back