Address/details for TCM

hi SeptBB.. thanks so much for sharing with me.. really perks me up
happy.gif
btw, do i have to bring the gynae's medical report to Thong Chai to let them know wats wrong with hubby?

hi all,

looks like a lot of you see TCM at Thong Chai - Chin Swee Road.

I went there once but found it quite stressful. u got to go down at 11plus am to take queue no. And its like a lot of people from different doctors all queuing up..shuffling..

After getting queue no, at 12 plus everybody like 'rushed up' to her clinic. It seems a bit unsysmatic. Do u faced this problem ? Usually how long do u have to spend there ? (everything in )?

tks

Hi minsy,

if u have gynae report it would be best if not they will ask your hubby to do a sperm count check up at TMC & show them the report

Hi stumbled by

normally i would reach there ard 2pm wait 5-10mins for queue no. wait abt 15 mins to c doc. depends on whether i wan to wait for medicine which i find take pretty long abt 30mins to 45mins so if i wait for medicine i wld go off abt 3.30pm if not i just photocopy and get the medicine from outside medical hall....

same as you sometime find too crowded, therefore always tell d doc cannot take leave every week so normally i drag till 2-3 wks then c her hehehe...

Hi stumbled by

yup, i don't go there b/f 12noon... i can only leave office at 1pm for half day leave so i reach there abt 2pm... :)

Septbb,

what is the process of brewing the medicine? How long it takes to brew and do you have to brew everyday? Does the medicine contains animal product or herbs only? Wonder Dr Tan Siew Buoy can treat endometriosis & adenomyosis?

Hi Septbb,

It is very comforting to hear good news. Congrats! I have been to Thong Chai for abt 5mths now. Have heard a few cases where the ladies also got pregnant abt 1 yr after taking the medicine at Thong Chai. So, I guess I have to wait patiently and not stress myself. I am seeing Dr Tan Siew Lan at the 4th floor.

I have been to Ying Chuan before too. Seen her for 1yr and the amount of money that I spent at her clinic is a lot. She also said that my hubby sperm quality had improved where in fact it had been deteriorating. Felt quite cheated after that and switched to Thong Chai.

*Baby dust to all!*

Aug2006

I used the auto pot which you can get from medical halls. can't remember the price but will be abt $120-$150. Just pour the medicine in with 3 bowls of water then it will stop when ready which took abt 1 hour or when the light turn green.

I'm also dun know but Dr Tan Siew Buoy seems to have treat numerous cases before. Good Luck:)

Aug2006

Forget to answer u on the following... i tink it's herbs only never really go thru the list cause all in chinese and can't really read her handwriting hahaha guess my chinese veri bad

For each packet I brew it 2x for e.g mon, tue then wed rest then use a new packet brew for thur & fri and rest again on sat sun... hahaha me can be consider dun really follow instruction cause she never said can rest on sat & sun but somehow i dun like bitter medicine so give myself off day lor
kao_sticktongue.gif

Hi maru100

Thanks
kao_smile2.gif
>>> yup agree wit u try not to stress urself, when i was trying i too stress cause 30s ard but later i learn to let go & stay happy
kao_happy.gif
then here it come....

Hi Sept BB,

Congrat!
Sorry to ask u this.
I also given two packets of herbs eack wk to brew but I only brew once for each packet & threw away after that.Start a new packet after two days rest.Do u mean u brew two times for each packet?Or we have to buy the balance fm outside medical halls?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm also thinking of buying the auto brewing pot mention by Sept BB.I seen it at this 'Zheng' medical hall at Jurong West St 52 selling at $99.Really find it hard using gas to brew cause have monitor & it takes very long.Another thing is u have to be at home when u want to brew.
How about we combine our purchases together to see if we can have better discounts?

chua_family
hi..can ask which medical hall u saw it ar? blk what ar? facing where one the medical hall? is this brewing pot meant more for tonics or also is like slow cooker lidat?

Hi Jen,

I don't know which blk but it's beside the lingerie shop.I can chk for u tomorow.
This pot is meant for brewing herbs like three bowls brew to one bowl.The water will evaporate.As for the double boil type,it is not suitable.This is gd for bird nest,black chicken etc.This is what I knew.
R u interested in getting one?I wish to call Zisa(the distrubutor)to see if can get gd discount if got bulk purchase.

Hi chua_family

yup each pkt i brew 2x b/f throwing away. rest 1 day b/f start a new pkt. So each wk use 2 pkts of herbs

Hi chua_fam, I also interested in the pot. Think of getting one for my mom since she has to make chinese med daily.

Hi SeptBB, I used to see Dr Tan for my menses cramp last few mths. Now lazy to go since her med did help with my pain.

hi maru100

guess we are in the same boat...feel cheated too... wats pains me is i cant turn back the clock...cud hv a better chance at IVF wif a concentration of 39% instead of the 8% now... alt. sat we were there at 445am...i noe tt's no definite cure at TCM but there is no need to claim he has improve when he has not...

I am not confused... we hv decide to try ivf next mth...qn is ...shd we stick to my current Dr LC Foong as he is recommended by JE dr...

Hi,

I've call the agent selling the brewing pot.She say can give 20% discount if there r 5 orders.Orginal retail price is $99(before discount).What do u all think?The set also comes with a claypot for double boil method.
I don't mind to do a bulk purchase if the response is gd.Now going to CK Tang to get the bouchers & pic to post here.Hope it help your to have a clearer pic of the product.

hi all
i am interested in getting the auto brewing pot. Pls count me in.

SeptBB - tot Tan Siew Buoy is at level 4 thong chai? I saw her in year 2004 for abt half a year but stop cos cldn't tahan the manual brewing.

Hi Evangel,

Thong Chai address is :

No 50 Chin Swee Rd S'pore 169874
Tel : 67335579

The consultation hr for infertility group is
8.30am-10.20am
12.30pm-2.20pm

Hi all,
I've been ttc since early 2005 for 6 months when I discovered that I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts. Have since got it removed and went thru' hormone therapy for 6 mths. My gynae said due to the severity of my endometriosis, the chances of me conceiving is quite low, but he wanted me to try on my own first for at least 6 months. I've started trying again for abt 4 months now but still no good news. **SIGH** I was thinking of resorting to TCM to enhance my chances...and that's how I stumbled upon this thread...I have some questions which I hope someone out there will be able to help me. I'm very scared of TCM and never in my life seen one. I'm not sure if I can explain my condition in mandarin....so I was wondering if the dr at Thong Chai can speak english? Do they see patients on sat or sun cos I can't take time off from my work. Does the chinese medication taste horrible? Besides Thong Chai,are there any other recommendation for fertility? Thanks!

Hi CoCo,

I feel that if you feel comfortable with Dr LC Foong, then no harm sticking with him. Wat's most important is that you must feel at ease with ur gynae. That's how I feel.

As for me, I m only seeing tcm for the time being. Have stopped going to Dr Fong (also recommended by Ying Chuan) for IUI. I tik the next time when I m pg, I will still go bk to Dr Fong cos I find him quite ok. Besides, I do not know of any other gynaes to go to and my records are all at Dr Fong's. Lazy to go to a new gynae and start explaining my long medical history also.

Btw, my hubby SA results is very bad too. His normal form is only 1%. Sigh. He just went to Thong Chai with me and the tcm doctor prescribed some tcm for him to take also. The prescription can last him for 4mth, so he does not need to go bk to Thong Chai for the time being.

Good luck to all of us!

maru,
dun be despair by ur hb 1% lor. there are other good factors also like mortility (swimmer) if it is like abv 20millions also good mah.. cos one of my frd also managed to conceive with hb 1% SA result.

ladies,
does tcm helps to improve egg quality and ovulation?
wat problems do u all see for Thong Chai?
cos I would like to see tcm there for improving egg quality,
any advise?

thks
happy.gif

wonder do they hv sat consultation...

Hi SEPTBB & Maru
Do you know if the issue lies with husband, will he need to do a sperm analysis (SA) ? Or just Ba Mai and can tell?

My husband did some SA some time ago and I dun think can this point of time he wants to go for more test. Will Dr Tan be able to help just by Ba Mai?

Dear all,

Glad to read about the infos that you ladies are sharing here.

I have been TTC for coming to 2 years but not successfully yet... Hubby has low quality of sperm count and I have PCOS eventhough my menses is regular. Am thinking of trying TCM to improve my chances of conceiving.

Does anyone know if I take Clomiphene can I take TCM medicine at the same time? I went to Thong Chai once last year but never go back since then..cos the Phyisician asked me to take Hormone test before coming to see her again..but I din go and take till now. After reading the postings, I am thinking of trying TCM again.

Can anyone advise where can I take Hormone test? How is the procedure like? Thks

Hi Hopeful Gal,

Most likely Dr Tan will ask ur hubby to do another SA. at TMC. My hubby also dun like to go for SA test (guess it men pride) but i always force him haha he bo pian

Hi all - just like to share my experience.

I have very regular mense but every month is a nightmare to me when my mense comes cos' I have very painful period.

At the recommendation of my colleague, I went to c Dr Tan Siew Bouy at Thong Chai in early 2005. I c her more than 6 months, brew and drink the horrible medicine but I don't find any improvement in my period pain. One month less pain but the next month very painful.

Then my FIL told me that there is this TCM doc in JE very popular with women's problem. So I went to Ying Chuan. I was so amazed by her in my first visit. She took my pulse and says that I have endometrosysis and my womb is tilted (which I already know). She said my womb had already stretched to very big size due to back flow of mense during my menstrual cycle all these years. She asked me to c Dr Fong which I did and Dr Fong did a vaginal scan for me. Indeed my womb is of the size of 90 (don't know its cm or whatever measurement) where a normal woman's womb size shd be 60. I got a shock and realise that the TCM doc in Ying Chuan is very accurate.

Both the TCM doc and Dr Fong told me that it will be difficult for me to conceive or if conceive will have high risk of miscarriage if I don't treat my condition and shrink my womb. Hence, I heeded both their advice, took both chinese medicine (pills & powder) & western medicine (jab) and after 4 months, my womb had shrinked to 36 - the size of a teenage girl. However, both the TCM and Dr Fong told me that this good condition will not last more than 6 months due to my tilted womb. They asked me to get pregnant during these 6 months or else my womb will be stretched again. I wasn't really planning for a baby and since both of them said it will not be easy for me to conceive, we did not take any precaution. And now, I'm 15 wks pregnant.

hi tan PK,
u are lucky that ur disgnose is corect with JE TCM & Dr Fong.
I was also seeing DR Tan 1yr+ ago and took her med & no improvements at all. I can say this sinseh alwys diagnose we ladies with PCOS (most commonest) & adenomyosis. my sis , cousin, GF & I all have it. When go to scan at Dr Fong, indeed we hv PCOS when he scanned. he din prescribed medication to me as he say PCOS cant be cured oni if i can pregnant it will gradually subside. He ask me to go back to Dr Tan for medicine.

But after taking her yucky med, & i feel is exp so i din go back to her & went for 2nd opinion. The gynae did a bld test for me & scan for me & the bld test showed that i do not have PCOS at all. and NO adenoymsis. i dunno isit coincidence that i got well or well lor? i dunno. but what i want to say is this JE TCM always diagnose alot of ladies with PCOS. yes, minority went to other gynae(not dr fong nor dr chris chen) checked they hv, alot dun have.
So i say u are lucky to heed her advice to get pregnant also. as alot of my gfs all seeing her also no result so we all "sacked" her.heheh

ha ha. I agree with Elicia. Her diagnosis for me was grossly incorrect too. If you were to read the other threads, she's the one who got the most complains abt mis-diagnosis. Luckily I went for second opinion. I "sacked" her too !!!

Hi Everyone,
I would like to share my experience too.

I have been having terrible menses pain ever since I was in JC. I also have back pain, breast tenderness and migraines/headaches. Didn't know what endometriosis was all about then and I didn't suspect that I was having it cos I was still young. During that period, I was constantly having indigestion and gastric problems. So I actually see a SP to find out what's wrong. Apparently, there was nothing wrong with my stomach and it was only through this visit, that I accidentally discovered that I had cysts in my ovary. I totally freaked out man.. so I consulted 2 other gynaes and they also confirmed it. The cysts were relatively big, 3.1cm on my right ovary and 4.9cm on my left ovary. No choice lah.. I did my first Laproscopic Ovarian Cystectomy operation to have them removed. This costs $6.5K.

After the op, I was given a 3 months course for Danazol. However, due to its side effects (I had even more terrible migraines and nauseousness), I stopped the medication after 1 month. Of cos, my gynae wasn't too happy about it, but he didn't insist that I complete the remaining 2 months of medication. I continued with frequent scans each month.. and after several scans confirmed that there was no recurrence, I stopped going for scans altogether.

That was 3 years ago. This year in Feb, I had pelvic pain between my periods. I went for an ultrasound scan by the same gynae and he did not detect any cysts. However, in mid April, the pelvic pains worsened and I also had spotting (dark brown) so I went for a v-scan. Gosh, I had a cyst in my right ovary again! It was 3.5cm. I had to do a second operation to have it removed. Another $6.5K. *Sigh* Subsequently, I was put on Lucrin Depot injection (hormonal jab to put me into menopausal state) for 6 months. Each injection costs $350! Luckily, the two operations and hormonal jobs are covered by insurance, overwise I would have gone bankrupt, haha!

A month after my second op, I heard about the chinese physician (Tan Lee Kee) in Jurong East, Ying Chuan Medical Hall. As usual, she diagnosed me with PCOS, endometriosis and adenomyosis. I am not sure if my uterus is tilted though, I can't remember her saying that! Anyway, I have been there 3 times in all and have spent $147 in total.

What can I say? She also recommended me to see either Dr. Fong Chuan Wee or Dr. Fong Yang. I chose the latter. One visit to him costs $180 ($120 for Couple's consultation and $60 for v-scan). Bloody expensive can... He didn't say I have PCOS, adenomyosis, endometriosis or anything. Perhaps it was because I told him I was there for a second opinion?? I totally felt that my money was wasted because we merely "chatted" and were charged this exorbitant amount!

Straight after that, I went back to my former gynae at Gleneagles for my second Lucrin injection and asked him if my tubes were okay. He said they were. *phew* Anwyway, he wants me to get pregnant within 6 months after I have completed the Lucrin jabs. Right now, I just have to be a good girl, take the jabs and eat the tcm for another 5 months before I try to conceive. FYI: I have NOT even tried conceiving yet! Some people tell me that I should TTC first, maybe I don't have problems conceiving afterall?

Hmmm... not sure if I should stop consultation @ Ying Chuan as so many of you ladies out there gave bad reviews.. Anyone else can share her experience at Ying Chuan with me? Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

Very nice to see so many pple sharing their thoughts, experiences. It really benefits us newbies! ^_^

I'm interested to go see Tong Chai as well as I'm also TTCing for a few months now and still no news. Gynae has said that I have tilted womb but will not affect much. Has put me on chomid. Hopefully will have some good news soon... *cross my fingers*

Can anyone advise whether it is a must to go back to thong chai for consulation as my leave is very limited so cannot always take leave. Will it affect treatment?

Thank you!

Hi SEPTBB,

How do you keep your herbs after cooking for the first round?

Will the effectiveness be lessened if same set of herbs are brewed twice?

Hope you can advise as I am intending to visit Tong Chai soon and wish to learn a trick or two from you to brew the medicine. *wink*

Thank you!

Hi Jen,

Thanks for ur encouragement! Really appreciate it! :eek:)

Hi Septbb,

Need to check something with you. Did you take only tcm fr Thong Chai before you conceive ur baby? Or it is combined with western medicine? Me tiking if I shld continue with Thong Chai or go bk to western fertility treatments or combine both western n TCM.

Hi Tan PK,

You are very lucky! I "sacked" the JE TCM too! Hehe.

Hi maru!

I believe i read that we can continue on western medicine as well as TCM at the same time. As long as they are not taken together at the same time. Please correct me if I am wrong. :p

I'm also TTCing and have been put on clomid and will pop down to Tong Chai soon to start my TCM. Really wish to be preggie soon... ^_^

Hi December Gal,

I jst leave it in the pot after brew. The nxt day brew second x. not sure abt the effectiveness but d second brew is less bitter than first brew. yup i only took the medicine recommend by thong chai, but i lazy to wait for them to dispense medicine so normally photocopy a copy & go outside medical hall to buy the medicine.

Hi maru,

yup i took only d tcm fr thong chai b/f i conceive tis bb. but when pregnant & bb not stable than both western & chinese medicine to keep the bb stable. shd be no problem combine both but would be good if u check with dr tan siew buoy
happy.gif

Hi December Gal,

Thanks for replying. I am still tiking if want to relay on just tcm or do a combination. Hope we all can be mummies soon! :eek:)

Hi Septbb,

Thanks for replying. I have been seeing Dr Tan Siew Lan for abt 6mths now. Problem is it is quite hard to detect my ovulation based on BBT chart. The temperature readings v erratic. And I hardly have any white discharge. She said it is easier to detect ovulation based on white discharge. Thats y I am thinking if want combine western-tcm. Maybe take Metformin to try. Still thinking.

Btw, did you do a blood test when u r seeing Dr Tan Siew Buoy at Thong Chai. I just did mine and the results are sent to Thong Chai. The report shows that my testosterone level is too high. I sort of expected it since I have PCOS.

Hi maru,

I did not do blood test when seeing Dr Tan Siew Buoy. It was base on previous blood test result done gynae that diagnose i got PCOS.

hi
Anyone tried Chinese Physician,Dr Tan Kian Seng, at clementi? Any comments?

Hi SEPTBB,

Thank you for replying. Will try out your method. Heee.... Will be going down to Thong Chai to start TCM this fri.... Hopefully will have some good news soon! ^_^

My cousin's wife just gave birth to a bouncing baby boy last night. So envy but happy for them!

Hi maru,

Yeh! May we all become mummies soon! ^_^ Good Luck!!!

Back