A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

hi all

I can't imagine myself having such a big apetite. Went back to my mum place yesterday and had lunch, 1 big plate of fried rice, then about 1 hour later, I felt so hungry, make a cup of milo. Went shopping in the afternoon, I was so hungry, took some fried wonton. At night went back my mum place for dinner while waiting my my hubby to pick me up. Eat again! Went back home, took some durian, then about midnight, felt so hungry, almost wanted to go downstair and eat the roti prata.

This is so unusal so me, even my hubby also think so. Let's pray for the positive. 2 more days to go.

Hi All,

I'm new here.Am trying for a bb but I do not know how to calculate ovulation period. Can someone advise me...my menses is usually on time but recent mths abit go haywire. Say my last 2 menses comes on 21 Oct and 6 Dec 05, when is my ovulation period? Pls advise. Thank you.

msreal,
actually i started EYS medicine in Jun/Jul this year. Then I became pregnant in Jul & had miscarriage in Aug. Then I decided to go back EYS again in Oct/Nov. I went to consult Dr Xia yesterday. She gave me 2weeks supply med.

Today is my D28. Dr Xia says if my menses come next week, then I can only start the med on Day5. But if really so lucky I am pregnant, I can still take the med.

Hi all,

Is there a free calendar online where i can do my charting?I never note down my period or ovulation day nor do i know exactly the length of my mentrual cycle!;p My period comes about the same time every month..maybe 2 days earlier.That's considered regular right?
Jialat leh everything don't know..like that how to get pregnant??:p

Amelia, i am somewhat in the same situatio as u. I did not have the habit of charting the 1st day of mense. My mense comes more or less the same... either the same date or 2 days later...so i also dunno if i should consider it 30 or 32 days cycle
sad.gif

I got this website which tells u the date of ovulation, but then, requires the cycle day
sad.gif

teatea,

Thanks for the webbie, teatea!!Me likey!
happy.gif

We're the same age!
I haven't started to TTC but I have a bad feeling it's going to be a long road.

Bena,
Judging from the web, the possible ovulation days shld be day 11 to day 21 for women with 28 to 32 days cycle...which means 11 ovulation days.Glad to know there's at least one person like me.
happy.gif

pig2,

That's my usual appetite hehe!If I don't eat, my hub will think there's something wrong.

Hi Amelia...yup, although ovulation days is a range, but i think there is certain days which we will be more fertile and hence will increase chance of conception...hehehe...me also glad to know at least one person same same as me. Me going to TTC starting this month...hopefully get some good news. Aiming for a 2006 bb :p

Hi Amelia & Bena

I think cyclespage recommended by MSH is a good one...it gave me a pretty good indication of when my ouvlation is coming and when is my next menses...somemore got 6 mths forecast...

Thanks MSH.

Zhuzhu, i went to try out the cyclespage. The calendar is good leh...can project for so many months
happy.gif
Interesting.

msh zhuzhu pig2,

ok thanks!
happy.gif
I am going to try all that you recommend.
happy.gif

Bena,

I heard we have to take folic acid about 3 to 6 months b4 getting pregnant.You can buy them off the shelf at guardian or unity.It's their in house brand so it's really cheap.

I am trying to getting prepared this month then TTC next month.My gf with 2 primary school children advised me not to plan too much..just go along with it.Dunno lah..life is all about planning mah:p

Good luck on your TTC.Hope u strike soon!

Hi Bena

Buy the folic acid from Unity cheaper..it cost less than $3 for 100 pills...i think Guardian charging $2++ for about 30 or 50 pills...

Actually i think i had been taking the folic for more than 3 mths leh..i think should be quite okie rite?

MSH, zhuzhu, pig2, amelia...thanks for all the info and advice. Will go try
happy.gif

Amelia, yah lor...initially i also did not plan...have have, don have, then don have...no pressure...but after reading the forum...seems like so many things to take care and so many things to plan, etc...heheh...so i think better start planning. If i don read the forum, won even know that folic acid should be taken 3-6 months before...so i hope i start taking now will help lor.

Zhuzhu, how many pills to eat per day? I am the worst when it comes to swollowing pills
sad.gif

Don worry so much. Folate can be found in our daily food intake...not that you have zero intake. No worries! So u are to TTC this month?

Good luck to all. Hope to hear good news from you gals soon!

Hi Bena

Folic acid only eat 1 per day...dun worry..folic acid is a very tiny whinny small yellow pill...very easy to eat one...

I am not TTC this mth...doc advise me to avoid TTC for the next 3 mths...

zhuzhu...thanks. so happy to hear that the pill is whinny small...the tot of having to pop pill is terrible
happy.gif

Ooh...thanks for all the advice!

I start taking folic acid about 3 months ago and iron pills about 1 month ago. On top of that, I had 1 glass of nestle milk every morning. Do you think is too much? A little bit kiasu!!

Amelia and Bena, don't mention it. me guo lai ren..... know how u gals feel. try to read up more... arm yourselves with knowledge about wa woman's mensrual cycle and how a baby is made... a lot of fertility books and websites u can get this from. go to the libraries and borrow books there. knowledge is the torch of life... haha... that was my secondary school motto...i still remember it after almost 20 years.

hi bena, pig2, msh,
i am ttc this month also. i take my folic acid from GP last month before i come to this forum. just 15 pills only.consultation and mec cost $62.abt $20 for the pills.
aft i finish this section, i think will buy from Unity.
my last menses on 4th dec, then todayCD12 i use the ovulation test, but one line only, means that no ovulation?
am i need to wait util the day of ovulation then intercourse?anyone can advise? cos i don't want to try every night leh..... very tired....

Bena,
i also amiming for 2006 baby also...
hope everybody here jia yiu.....

Are there different grades of folic acid?
I passed by Unity today but forgot all about getting folic pills.Must really start taking now..

msh,

Bought "what to expect when you're expecting" book today.Had a hard time finding it.Got it becos I am sick of old wives myths and want something factual..

Bena,

Yah I was like you...used to think don't have then don't have loh.Now looking at so many ladies popping babies then I start to gan chiong...also my age is creeping up on me.

Went for my haircut today..my hairstylist announced i had white hair!!Sigh!I am the only one in the family having white hair b4 30.
sad.gif
depressing
sad.gif

Wong,

Sorry not sure.Have you tried charting?Think there're only 5 days or so of ovulation..
happy.gif
Every night I will faint also hehe!

Hi everyone here,
I would just like to share my experience with everyone here. I am also like most of you, TTC just before I went through my customery in June. But I know the timing when we had our intercourse was wrong during the May/June period. I started reading up and surfing the net for more information as my wife have irregular menses. I found these website extremely useful:

http://www.billings-centre.ab.ca/general/plan.html

http://www.woomb.org/bom/rules/index.html

I tried hard to follow it closely, but like most of you. I failed. Then only when I gave up, the little one came along. My wife is now almost 3 mths pregnant. As much as we plan, I think both parties must also get into a relax mode and don't feel like both of you are a baby making machine. Enjoy the process and I believe the fruits would come.

I am not sure why most of you are taking folic acid now? What I understand is Folic acid is suppose to prevent babies deformaties and it is really vitamins for the baby. It will not help in the chances in getting pregnant. Although there isn't any harm eating it daily.

What I did and bought for my wife is Ban feng wan from those TCM shop. It does help to regulate her menses to a normal 30 days cycle. So I guess maybe getting it would help.

Hope I am of some help here.

Hi all,

I'm new. TCC for almost a year , but got no luck... my mense tends to go haywire... my average cycle length abt 37 days, I've been using ovulation calendar but still unsucessful... I 'm planning to get ovulation kits tmr. i guess it is more accurate...

Any advise?

Hi Amelia
Don't think there are different grade of folic acid.

Hi Liverpool
Congrats!...seldom see a husband surf the net to find out more on getting pregnant...
happy.gif

Normally by the time we found out that we were pregnant..it will be around 5 or 6 wks (some even later than that) so at least taking folic acid prior to that...we can make sure the 5 or 6 wk old little one had their fair share of nutrients..

Hi babe76
Did you take bai feng wan? It helps to regulate ur mense...mine also pretty irregular..but after taking bai feng wan for a few mths...now my cycle is about 33 days..

i've been taking folic acid for 7months and hv been ttc-ing for 6 mths..will persevere till success! effort can produce success yeah! All the best to all of us ttc-ing yar!
happy.gif

Amelia, don think there is any different grade in the folic acid pill. My hubby managed to get me some from Guardian. Guardian is about double the price of Unity. 50pills costs $2.75. I think zhuzhu mentioned that Unity is 100pills for $3.

Wong, i heard that u can just try like all the 3 days before ovulation. heheh...yeah, me hopping for an 06 bb...lets work hard together :p

Hi Zhu Zhu,
I did not take bai fen wan.. i 've been taking royal jelly daily, i was told it can help to regulate menses in long term..Where can i get it? How much?Really helps? I also take women's ultra mega dietary nutritional , vit C and caiclum ...
Anyone know husband needs to 'bu' or not? My hubby is a smoker....

babe76,

that's what i am worried abt also..my hub is also a smoker..

bena,

There's quite a few possible days..sometimes also dunno which day to try.Have you thought of ovulation kits?But too pricey not sure whether i shld get it..

zhuzhu,
I think I am one of the very few husband who surf around for information. My wife do not surf much. So no choice, I got all my information from the net, like renovation, TTC, pregnacy etc. Now learning how to reduce any discomfort for her pregnacy.

My suggestion to all is really try to get bai feng wan to regulate the menses 1st. Can get it from most of the TCM shop. Next, get the ovluation test kit, I am sure it helps. I know some actually monitor the temperature closely. Last but not least, don't feel so stress up.

Hi to all,
I'm always got clients with problems ttc as I'm a fulltime doing postnatal & normal massage. I'm seen some even try as long as 6 - 7yrs and now happy with their kids. Normally I ask them to visit a doctor near Kembangan MRT call Aziz clinic n mostly all success abt 8 - 10 of them.

Hi babe76
I got my bai feng wan from Eu Yang Sang..i think 6 small bottles cost about $40+..but certain mth they have promo like 20% off for the bai feng wan...I also remember that watson also carry EYS bai feng wan...when they had 20% storewide..the bai feng wan also got discount leh..

Hi Amelia
U can buy the ovulation kits on the internet..cheaper..its just those thin strip of paper which shows either 1 or 2 lines..i think 1 strip cost about $1+ if buy more.. try this site.. I bought mine from here
http://www.accuratepregnancytests.com/index.html

Someone ever said dong chong cao helps to bu men leh...but never try b4 lar..

Hi liverpool11
So envious of ur wife...so how is she feeling now??..once she pass her 3 mths..she should be feeling better already..not that I know..but that was ppl always said lar..
happy.gif

Bena,
I had try on intercourse 15th, 17th, which advice from doctor,and the carry on the is 20th,22th, but when i use the ovulation kits the two days,it show one line only leh, means that no ovulation yet, so dissapointed of our effort.....hehe.. but will try hard when it OP... The Ovulation kits you can buy from internet, very much cheaper,abt $1+ only,i bought 15 +3 pregnanry kit,$17+, if you buy from watson 5 pcs abt $65. http://www.testsforless.com

zhuzhu,

Thanks so much!!Get 50 strips with shipping below 50sgd is so worth it compared to singapore ones!!Actually, a few of us can also share the 100 strips.

liverpool,

Was watching espn with hubby and liverpool lost in an intercontinental game hehehe..

Hi Amelia
Ya lor..i share 50 strips with my colleagues..u can see if any of ur frends or colleagues are interested o not? Or I think some of the ladies here might be keen also..
happy.gif

Zhuzhu,
Wife is feeling ok. No MS at all. However, there are nights when she vomitted out all her dinner. Have advice her not to eat too full for dinner nowadays. Break it up into small meals etc.

Amelia,
Ya, what a heartbreaker. To lose when you play lousy is ok, but not on a night when liverpool dominated the game, score three times only to be rule offside, had a penatly appeal turn down. A Sao Paulo player should have been sent off but only given a yellow card. Hiaz, sometimes in soccer you also need a bit of luck. The goalie happened to be on SUPERB form that time, seems like a one man defence doing the job. Liverpool will move on and now concentrate back on the EPL and Champ Lge.

zhuzhu,

How many do we need per month?One?Sorry ah...I am very dumb when it comes to such things..
happy.gif

Char,

Let me think how many strips I need...I don't want to underorder or overorder then having to sell it..

liverpool,

Heard Sao Paulo is a good team so Liverpool losing is not completely unjustified.

This season tough leh..Chelsea is unstoppable!Did you watch them last night with Arsenal?Really exciting match...but also quite dramatic..poor Lampard got an ugly bandage on head..spoil his pretty boy looks.

Hi Char

I am very keen in getting the ovulation strips, wana share? BTW, the pricing quote in in website is is SGD or USD? can anyone advise?

hi, anyone of u want Eu Yan Sang Bai Feng Wan, I can let go to u at 20% discount. i can mail out the BFW,.. i ever received through post from one of the sisteres in this site too lor.... anyone? just email me.

Liverpool11

That means she got night sickness instead of morning sickness?? Ya she should eat more small meals instead..

Amelia
Me also not very sure...I just started last mth..I think i used about 6 strips the last time..or u just estimate 1 wk supply for each mth lor..cos 1st time sure will do wrongly one (like me..i did wrongly the 1st round..so did not see the 2 lines)..

Cherry
The price quoted is USD...

Cherry /Ameila /Char
Im interested in getting the ovulation strips too..
Pricing in the website is in USD .

Zhu Zhu,
How much did you pay for the shipping cost??

Liverpool11,
What does TCM shop stands for?

hi all

got a question here, pls help.

i tested y LH was positive on sat morning then negative on sun morning. my dr scan me yest and said my right side eggs like collasped so i shd hv ovulated.

anybody experience the same thing b4?

Got my folic pills...costs $2.52 for 100 pills at Unity.Definitely costs half of Guardian's..

zhuzhu,

wah let's say an average person tries for a year, means i need all of 100 strips liao!

msh,

Thanks for the offer..but don't think i need bfw
happy.gif

babe76,
I duno how much is the shipping cost...cos my colleague ordered for me..I only know for 50 strips I paid her around S$26.00

Amelia
I think you need about that much strips lor..but I only bought 50 strips is just to test n see if cyclepages indication of my ovulation is correct o not..if yes..then just follow cyclepages's calender lor..

babe76,
I duno how much is the shipping cost...cos my colleague ordered for me..I only know for 25 strips I paid her around S$26.00

Amelia
I think you need about that much strips lor..but I only bought 50 strips is just to test n see if cyclepages indication of my ovulation is correct o not..if yes..then just follow cyclepages's calender lor..

Back